Most Underrated Sweeper?

Ursaring with Guts + STAB'd Facade. Throw in a Choice Band or Swords Dance for good measure. If this thing ended up a bit faster, it would be a top OU.

Alternatively, you could use a Swellow with the same set. Sure, it's weaker, but it might actually get a hit in, rather than dying before it even manages to attack.

Ursaring with Guts + STAB'd Facade. Throw in a Choice Band or Swords Dance for good measure. If this thing ended up a bit faster, it would be a top OU.

Alternatively, you could use a Swellow with the same set. Sure, it's weaker, but it might actually get a hit in, rather than dying before it even manages to attack.
Or, instead of guts, you could use the slightly less popular quick feet ability on ursaring, which gives it 343 speed.

Cacturne is the most underrated sweeper.

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Adamant
6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Focus Punch/Counter

With 1 SD, it can OHKO gyarados with a STAB Sucker Punch, and in the sand is a monster. Counter is good for physical sweepers, but Focus Punch helps against those lucarios who think they can SD
I've used Cacturne quite a bit, and while Counter+Sash is great, Skarmory laughs at it. An option in the final moveslot should be HP Fire, and you'd obviously have to change it to a -Def/-SpDef nature. HP Fire deals with Lucario as well, although you'll have to predict on the switch. HP Fire also gives it a better chance at sweeping.

I would max speed on the Sword Dance set, possibly with Jolly nature. You'll outrun a lot more, especially the likes of (most) Milotic. You won't miss out on your OHKOs regardless, and it's handy.

Hmm...Exeggutor...I'm looking at the non-LC form of Tangela. Good Defense, Chlorophyll to make up for the low Speed, and a wonderful Special Attack and movepool...

Oh, and:

LINOONE
Adamant
Gluttony
Salac Berry
108 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/4 SpD/136 Spe
-Belly Drum
-ExtremeSpeed/Return
-Shadow Claw/Pursuit
-Rock Smash/Dig

Linoone is just plain awesome. It Belly Drums, activates the Salac, and gets 1572 Attack and 405 Speed.

How about, Swords Dance Infernape!!!! Yup, Vaporeon... nice to meet you... Tentacruel... nice to meet you:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
*Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
*Close Combat
*Thunderpunch
*Swords Dance

Sorry to break it to you, Chimecho, but Overheat is a Special Attack, not a physical one. For special attacks, Flareon used his special attack state, not his physical one. You're right about the Fire immunity though.

Sorry to break it to you, Chimecho, but Overheat is a Special Attack, not a physical one. For special attacks, Flareon used his special attack state, not his physical one. You're right about the Fire immunity though.
Special is pretty much the only set it can do other than wish/curse passing. Physical movepool sucks too much ass to be any good.

My Calm Mind Entei has pulled off some massive sweepage.

For those unfamiliar to the set, taken straight from the Strategydex:

Entei
Timid @ Leftovers
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power Ice
-Calm Mind
-Substitute

Simple as that.

I've been passing NP's to a Modest Weezing lately and fucking raping. However, kids just don't expect it to rape, so its a bit gimmicky.

One thing that I have been using lately with GREAT success is CB Scizor. I use it as a lead, almost always U-Turning first, then trapping and scouting the rest of the game. It always gets 2 kills some times more, and if its sticks around for the late game, it can get a sweep in.

Set
4 Hp / 252 Att & Spd
Technician for ability, CB for item.
U-Turn
Double Hit
Pursuit
Brick Break

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll have to agree with Wayff and Warthog and say Raikou is one of the most underrated. However, my own spread looks a little like this.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 124 HP/216 Spd/56 SAtk/112 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

The EV's give max Leftovers recovery and enough speed for Gengar and friends. After a single Calm Mind, bulky waters that hang around 270 special attack will not be able to break the sub with a Surf.

For Ubers play, Heracross is easily my pick. Much like Gliscor in OU, Giratina is the only "common" counter to Heracross. The CB set can easily run through the many slow Ubers teams, while CS Hera can catch Pokemon such as Mewtwo and Darkrai off guard. With access to Sleep Talk as well as having a base 95 Special Defense, Heracross makes a fine Darkrai counter; he resists everything Darkrai can throw at him save the rare Thunder.

Pachirisu

Am I banned yet? No? Okay. Seriously though, how about Froslass? She's got pretty good speed, although her SpA is a bit on the low side for an all-out sweeper (more of a Specs candidate). However, with Hail support which gives her perfect accuracy Blizzard and Brightpowder evasion without having to hold an item, you might be able to surprise a few folks

Froslass @ Wise Glasses/Expert Belt
Modest, 252 SpA and Spe
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond/Confuse Ray

Blizzard and the ELC attacks for BoltBeam coverage. Shadow Ball for STAB. She might be a bit too frail to pull of DB, but it's there if you do survive the odd hit. Confuse Ray for ParaFlinch if your ELC attack paralyzes.

I would have to say that Gallade, especially the CB version, is pretty underrated. He reaches the same attack as Heracross, has access to Swords Dance, every status in the game, perfect coverage with Dark/Fighting/Psychic, and much more. Not to mention that he can take special hits pretty well with Base 115 Special Defense. After using Gallade, I can say that whenever I face another Gallade, I can be assured that it won't go down easily.

With such a useful movepool, you cannot be sure that your supposed Gallade counter actually works. Cresselia, a pokemon we know as a massive mixed wall, is 2HKO'ed by CB Gallade Night Slash. After a Swords Dance, Close Combat can OHKO Relaxed Bronzong without a boosting item. You know you will be taking a beating when you see a CB Heracross or Metagross. Gallade is the same, except on top of 383 attack he also has, I'll repeat it, EVERY STATUS IN THE GAME!.

Here's what I use for Gallade:

Gallade@Lum Berry
Adamant
252 Atk, 196 Spd, 48 Def, 12 Hp
-Hypnosis
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Night Slash

Most deadly when used as a lead, but still wrecks havoc.

Exactly, it's for breaking physical walls.

I must say Jolteon is underrated. STAB thunderbolt and HP ice makes it an excellent late game cleaner. I use an EmoJolt on my stall team. And with Fake tears and Wish, it can cause lots of switches and can even take down Blissey.

Ive actually used a Sub Salac P-z and it works very well

P-Z @ Salac
Nature; Modest
Evs: 252/252 split
Moveset
Dark Pulse/Ice beam/ T bolt/
tri attack
Nasty PLot
Sub

SUb on a blisseys t wave and if you nasty plot twice, you can 2hko bliss which is pretty cool

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 124 HP/216 Spd/56 SAtk/112 SDef

The EV's give max Leftovers recovery and enough speed for Gengar and friends.
Don't EV for multiple of 16, EV for (multiple of 16)+1

[Heracross] resists everything Darkrai can throw at him save the rare Thunder.

Aerial Ace, Blizzard, Charge Beam, Facade, Frustration, Giga Impact, Various Hidden Powers, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Natural Gift, Poison Jab, Psychic, Quick Attack, Return, Roar of Time, Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Secret Power, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shockwave, Sludge Bomb, Spacial Rend, Strength, Thunder, Thunderbolt.

But Colin banned event moves, so take out Spacial Rend and Roar of Time..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)