Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Quick RNG question in regards to HG/SS:
Is it normal for the seconds to keep jumping? o.O
I'm calibrating right now using an AR (if that matters) and I keep getting seconds in between 14-16.
I'm well versed in DPPt Abuse, and I've never had this happen before :S
Any thoughts?

EDIT: Also wondering, is there anywhere on here about Roaming NPC's in HG/SS?

I have seen the seconds switch higher or lower depending on Pikatimer adjustments because of adjacent delays. The moment I get close to my target delay, I check Elm calls and I reset the clock to the minute that will get me on the right seconds.

Quick RNG question in regards to HG/SS:
Is it normal for the seconds to keep jumping? o.O
I'm calibrating right now using an AR (if that matters) and I keep getting seconds in between 14-16.
I'm well versed in DPPt Abuse, and I've never had this happen before :S
Any thoughts?

EDIT: Also wondering, is there anywhere on here about Roaming NPC's in HG/SS?

The seconds may jump a bit, though you should be getting it a bit more consistently as you practice more. If may be more that you may be starting your game less consistently with the AR. The main goal is that you hit a delay range consistently while calibrating. You can than use pikatimer for getting the seconds right.

Thanks for the all the help. My only issue is the is the time frame - save frame stuff. It turns out, I was mistaken. My time frame was not the frame I choose during the first calibration proccess, its actually the frame from the seed I choose from the time finder. Since I have a seed of 3, and my save frame is 3 that gives me 3-3/2= 0. And since my first journal page includes 'caught weepingbell', i assumably DON'T have to flip a page again?

Also, my normal seconds is 11. I'm having trouble mashing A @ 11 seconds, I'm usually more around the 13 second range. Should I start the proccess all over again until I consistently hit 13 normal seconds during the calibration phase? Or I don't need to start over and I can just change the seconds number in the time finder to whatever I want regardless of what I got from the first calibration phase?

The seconds may jump a bit, though you should be getting it a bit more consistently as you practice more. If may be more that you may be starting your game less consistently with the AR. The main goal is that you hit a delay range consistently while calibrating. You can than use pikatimer for getting the seconds right.
Oh, the delay range is constant :P
I already figured it out xD
It's the seconds that were worrying me o.O

Why when trying to abuse zapdos in soulsilver am i hitting a frame around 20 (it varies) higher than i expect? there isn't any NPC's by the powerplant is there?
Are you selecting Method K instead of Method 1?
For HGSS, you should be using Method K for any pokemon except gift pokemon (like Bill's Eevee). There should be no wandering NPCs in the area. I did it with no problem. Can you tell me what you are doing to up the frame, and what frame are you going for? My guess is that if you are using the radio, you may be using the wrong one (the only one that advances the RNG consitently is the lower right, except for when buena is on).

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
For HGSS, you should be using Method K for any pokemon except gift pokemon (like Bill's Eevee). There should be no wandering NPCs in the area. I did it with no problem. Can you tell me what you are doing to up the frame, and what frame are you going for? My guess is that if you are using the radio, you may be using the wrong one (the only one that advances the RNG consitently is the lower right, except for when buena is on).
I'm not the one with the problem. I just suggested that using Method 1 when he should be using Method K might be the reason for sudden jumps because Method 1 frames differ like that from Method K frames.

I don't think I understand how to RNG for shinies in HGSS for ones that are not on frame 1.

Suppose my shiny egg is on frame 2. What I read on the 2nd post in this thread is to:
-Hit seed
-Verify (I'm standing in the daycare if that matters, I don't think it does)
-Put pokes in the daycare
-Run along Goldenrod until egg is created
-Take/reject it
-Keep running around until egg is created - this is the egg I want

However twice I hit my seed, but the 2nd egg wasn't shiny...I had to switch to a seed at a higher delay which had a frame of 1 before I got my shiny. What's my mistake?

I'm not the one with the problem. I just suggested that using Method 1 when he should be using Method K might be the reason for sudden jumps because Method 1 frames differ like that from Method K frames.
No I understood who asked for help. Your question was if he was using method K instead of method 1, which implies that method 1 is the correct one. just a misunderstanding.

I don't think I understand how to RNG for shinies in HGSS for ones that are not on frame 1.

Suppose my shiny egg is on frame 2. What I read on the 2nd post in this thread is to:
-Hit seed
-Verify (I'm standing in the daycare if that matters, I don't think it does)
-Put pokes in the daycare
-Run along Goldenrod until egg is created
-Take/reject it
-Keep running around until egg is created - this is the egg I want

However twice I hit my seed, but the 2nd egg wasn't shiny...I had to switch to a seed at a higher delay which had a frame of 1 before I got my shiny. What's my mistake?

Getting calls from other trainers have upped the egg frame for me, so it may be calls from trainers that are upsetting your egg frame. I heard that youngster joey ups the egg frame by 2, but I haven't tried it, nor am I sure if that is even true.
I honestly prefare to use higher delays to avoid any egg frame higher than 1, and pikatimer did wonders for those delays

Getting calls from other trainers have upped the egg frame for me, so it may be calls from trainers that are upsetting your egg frame. I heard that youngster joey ups the egg frame by 2, but I haven't tried it, nor am I sure if that is even true.
I honestly prefare to use higher delays to avoid any egg frame higher than 1, and pikatimer did wonders for those delays
I can confirm that calling Joey does advance the Egg RNG by 2, which means any odd frame is reachable :).

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
No I understood who asked for help. Your question was if he was using method K instead of method 1, which implies that method 1 is the correct one. just a misunderstanding.
Actually, I made the mistake by reverting the methods ^_^; But I did mean to say that he should use Method K. I'm a bit tired, so that could have caused me to say that.

Even if I don't respond? This is probably why then. Yeah, I use pikatimer now for higher delays, but I would always like the option to do lower delays because I don't like waiting at the continue menu.

JavaRNG is always giving me blank spread sheets now. I've only gotten results when I've interrupted it and looked while it was still searching. But now every search seems to turn up blank results. :/ I'm looking for a flawless shiny anything just to test if I can get RNG abuse to work, but so far no luck. >_>

Thanks for the all the help. My only issue is the is the time frame - save frame stuff. It turns out, I was mistaken. My time frame was not the frame I choose during the first calibration proccess, its actually the frame from the seed I choose from the time finder. Since I have a seed of 3, and my save frame is 3 that gives me 3-3/2= 0. And since my first journal page includes 'caught weepingbell', i assumably DON'T have to flip a page again?
This is pure mathematics and logic. There is nothing to it, it seems to me you don't really seem to understand the concepts of seed and frame.

Save frame: 3
Frame with the desired IVs: 3

Your journal advances 2 frames at each page with caught/defeated pokemon, and is auto-opening on a page with a caught pokemon.

IF the journal also opened to that page when you did the test to see which was the egg's save frame, then you don't have to do any additional pageflips, because:

The egg was on frame one

The journal auto-opened and advanced 2 frames

And that made so you got the egg on frame 3, since 1+2=3

IF while verifying the save frame your journal was auto-opening to a page with no caught or defeated pokemon, then you will never achieve your desired iv spread on frame 3, because:

The egg was on frame 3

The journal auto-opened to a page with no caught or defeated pokemon during this calibration phase and advanced 0 frames

3 + 0 = 3

The eggs save frame IS frame 3

But now, when you load the game the journal auto-opened to a page with a caught/defeated pokemon, so it advanced 2 frames

3 + 2 = 5

The egg will have the IV spread that was listed on frame 5.

Also, my normal seconds is 11. I'm having trouble mashing A @ 11 seconds, I'm usually more around the 13 second range. Should I start the proccess all over again until I consistently hit 13 normal seconds during the calibration phase? Or I don't need to start over and I can just change the seconds number in the time finder to whatever I want regardless of what I got from the first calibration phase?
As I said before: you should read the PikaTimer guide and do as it says.

JavaRNG is always giving me blank spread sheets now. I've only gotten results when I've interrupted it and looked while it was still searching. But now every search seems to turn up blank results. :/ I'm looking for a flawless shiny anything just to test if I can get RNG abuse to work, but so far no luck. >_>

Unless you RNG abused your ID and SID the probability of you finding flawless shiny spreads is pretty much zero.

No matter what I do, I can't hit a frame of 4 while RNGing on Route 208. Again, ALL movers stopped, even ones in a set pattern. No roamers out, and no matter what I do, after walking 128 steps with just Shaymin in my party and Sweet Scenting, I ALWAYS get Frame 12. By reason, I should by getting 2 (starting frame), +1 (128 steps), +1 (the 128th step goes into the grass) = 4, the frame I'm shooting for.

Same as Njb013 i was on Valley windworks and i did journal flips equal to 133 frames total and did 1 turn for 134 sweet scented to get my shiny frame on 136 and landed 31 frames ahead

There is obviously something missing in the guide to RNGing in Platinum, because results like this don't make any sense. I never had this trouble with eggs, so it has to be something that only does capture mess-ups.

Sounds like you guys are somehow messing the process up. RNGing in Platinum works fine, I've caught several wild Pokemon with no problems.

zerohorus, it sounds like you messed up your Journal flips. Since each flip accounts for +2 frames, how did you get an odd number? Just do 67 flips and Sweet Scent again, everyone makes mistakes.

Njb013, it sounds like you're making more work for yourself; walking 128 steps? Just flip to a Journal page once (with a caught Pokemon on it), and then Sweet Scent. If that doesn't work there is something wrong.

Still frame 12? And you're sure you used the Vs. Seeker on every trainer and battled them... I don't know. You must be advancing it somehow. Or maybe it's the curse of route 208... :P

andrea

/me cresselias
On PokeRNGDP, I know searching different delay ranges the frame needed, but how? (How do I go for the lowest possible frame?)
Lowest possible frame is often gonna be with the higher delays. You can do an infinite search on PokeRNG by typing 0 into both the lowest and highest delay options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)