Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
If I want to do wondercard rng of fixed natue pokemon (goon's scizor or Ash's Pikachu). Is it use same method with other wondercard when I find seed and iv spread? and which version of game is easier to do wondercard rng?
I try to learn rng but it's quite hard for me because my english skill is poor :(
Don't worry, my native language isn't English, so I can understand what you're saying.

First you can search for method 1 spreads (wondercard IVs are always method 1 but with two more frames) and then you plug the seed into RNG reporter and select "Wondercard IVs" then click on generate.

In the case of fixed nature pokés, regardless of the nature of the method 1 spread, you'll get the IVs of that spread with the nature that was fixed.

the delay affects the seed?
an example,i have 2 identical roms,i search to find a seed,with the same time,same date,same ID and SID,but different delays,the seed are identical or no?

p.s:excuse me for my bad english

I have some problems with this spread:
Delay:1045
Frame:532
Place: Lake Verity so no NPCs
I was just testing this and i finally got the desired delay but whenever i try to do the frames i always seem to add 19 more leaving me a total of 551 and i was pretty sure that i did 532 (264 flips +1turn in grass) and the fourth time i made 200 flips just to check there was nothing wrong so i caught a poke using sweet scent input my seed and got a frame of 417, so if i just did 200 flips from where did i get the other 17? i said it was no big deal
so what i did later was :
530-(417+ 7 from the battle)=106 frames left
so i just decided to do turn+walks until that number and when i used sweet scent for my surprise it wasnt the poke i wanted so i checked its seed and i was on frame 756

Any help please?

EDIT: If it's useful i have 4 pokes in party and no i didnt take more than 128 steps and no wandering pokes
Let me guess, those numbers are what you're seeing in Seed Finder, not the main window? Those aren't the actual Method J frames you're on. You need to use the main window to find the actual frame you landed on with Sweet Scent.

Hi I am in much need of help with my RNG project, I haven't done this before so am not sure if I am quite doing the right thing. Basically this is what I do, hopefully this is all right.

The goal is a BOLD suicune 31/x/31/31/31/31 caught at its place near cerulean city in HG.
I did the calibration phase and found I usually hit in the area of 490 for my delay, and 13 seconds. (I dont really see the point of this bit but hey)
Anyway I inputted my required IV spread into RNG reporter and it came out with the following in excel:

810b042f 3 45eefcf6
BOLD 0 31 14 31 31 31 31 DRAGON 70 810b042f 5 45eefcf6
BOLD 0 31 14 31 31 31 31 DRAGON 70 810b042f 7 45eefcf6
BOLD 0 31 14 31 31 31 31 DRAGON 70 810b042f 11 45eefcf6
BOLD 0 31 14 31 31 31 31 DRAGON 70 810b042f 13 45eefcf6
BOLD 0 31 14 31 31 31 31 DRAGON 70
so I want the 13 frame one so that I can get in the 12 elm calls and still catch suicune...

Right. I put the seed (810b042f) into the seed to time finder, a year of 2010 (all the roamers are caught) and it gives me various times, all with a delay of 1061

I choose 2010.07.11 @ 11.02.50 and then delegate 20 delay each way and 1 second each way.

Thus I synchronise my DS at 11.01, and follow pikatimers instructions.
My problem is that every time I go into the game, my elm calls are wrong (i hardly expected them to be right first couple of times), but when I put them into the Elm search function, it says "No match was found"-does this mean i was way way off?

Ive been trying to do this for 2 days now, and since the elm search isnt giving me any info on what seed I DID hit, how do I know im doing any of this right?

Please help wise wizards of Smogon!!!
RNG Reporter has a fairly straightforward function called Seed Finder, where you can use the exact IVs or stats of a Pokemon you capture, and the exact time you reset entered the game (down to the minute) to find which seed you hit. You'll need to use this the first couple times with Pikatimer, most likely, and use the delay you actually hit to calibrate it.

Hi guys, Im trying to IV breed a (near) flawless HP Ice Infernape using RNG abuse in Platinum, but I seem to mess up every time. I consistently get the same second and my delay is narrowed down between 594-612.
I cant even seem to get the egg PID right.
Here is what I do every time, hopefully you can find the mistake that Im missing
1) Reset minute on DS (sinc to outside time source)
2) Quickly put in AR and manually select codes (IV Checker and fast hatch)
3) On new minute I start Platinum and mass my way through to load the game
4) Take note of starting time and catch a wild pokemon
5) Check IVs and find seed
6) With seed in I generate a list of egg PIDs with desired nature (rash)
7) I do the Poketech taps
8) [this may be the mistake] I then run up and down until the daycare man has and egg
9) Save in front of him the take egg and check nature

and its wrong every time...
Can you help me out please?
-Do not save with the Happiness Checker open, do not open it unless you need to, do not do anything else at all while the Happiness Checker is open, and do not leave the Happiness Checker open once you finish with the taps. Oh, and make sure you have 6 Pokemon in your party when you do those taps. These are the most important points once you have your seed confirmed.

-I don't think it should matter, but just in case try generating the egg without using the AR. Save in front of it, turn the DS off, then put in the AR and turn the DS back on.

is that hgss, dppt, or emerald? also, what pokemon are you catching with it? you see, to find it, we need to know what method you're using 1(roamers, emerald), J(dppt), or K(hgss).

if i am not saved on the coin flip app, but i want to use it to check to make sure im on the right seed, it will still work even if I have to pass through the happiness checker app correct? (mind that i am IV abusing on an egg - i dont care about shinyness and i already have th PID i want)

Frozen, I have to add, do not change which codes you want to use on your AR just after each clock reset for an RNG project. Something about doing this may also frig up your results. It's best to have the AR codes you want to use permanently turned on until you're done your project.

I have a Smeargal with Spore and False Swipe but he doesn't have mean look so I can't use him to catch Latios. I'm using a Gallade with mean look and false swipe. He can learn learn Hypnosis but I missed my chance with that and I'm saved in the club anyways so I'm kinda fucked over because I can't get out without releasing Latios. =/
I forgot that Latios runs away. :-( Well, I'm reaalllly looking forward to that RNG now.

I have some problems with this spread:
Delay:1045
Frame:532
Place: Lake Verity so no NPCs
I was just testing this and i finally got the desired delay but whenever i try to do the frames i always seem to add 19 more leaving me a total of 551 and i was pretty sure that i did 532 (264 flips +1turn in grass) and the fourth time i made 200 flips just to check there was nothing wrong so i caught a poke using sweet scent input my seed and got a frame of 417, so if i just did 200 flips from where did i get the other 17? i said it was no big deal
so what i did later was :
530-(417+ 7 from the battle)=106 frames left
so i just decided to do turn+walks until that number and when i used sweet scent for my surprise it wasnt the poke i wanted so i checked its seed and i was on frame 756

Any help please?

EDIT: If it's useful i have 4 pokes in party and no i didnt take more than 128 steps and no wandering pokes
@kiddu: Nop thats the frame i got in the main screen of the RNG reporter and also every time i tried to hit that frame it always advanced more frames than the ones it's supossed to advance

Anybody else?

is that hgss, dppt, or emerald? also, what pokemon are you catching with it? you see, to find it, we need to know what method you're using 1(roamers, emerald), J(dppt), or K(hgss).
it's dppt, but i still have not caught anyone with this spread.. I found a file that contains all the best spreads, to the top of this thread (to the pandora's box guide).. i didn't understand how it works..

what combination of SID and ID I need to get those spreads? ;_;

Ummmm whenever I try to use the search elm function, it always says that there's no match for the elm responses. And another question, I'm viewing bearsfan's video for shiny eggs/iv abuse, and do you have to do the shiny egg thing first before the iv abuse or can you just skip the shiny eggs part?I'd really appreciate if you guys could help. thanks.

New page. :toast:

You aren't even close to your target delay, kingoftricks. Why don't you check out my guides to see if that helps you with your RNG project. Since you need to get the right nature for your pokemon, whether it's shiny or not, all breeding is in two parts. First part for nature and shininess and ability, second part for IVs. Go check my guides out.

A quick question: I'm trying to RNG for wild encounter, specifically, fishing. I've read the guide and all, and here's where I'm puzzled: where it says that I have to find my Method J frame -3, well, my frame is 129, so I have to find frame 126 in the Method 1 chart?

Thanks in advance.

-Do not save with the Happiness Checker open, do not open it unless you need to, do not do anything else at all while the Happiness Checker is open, and do not leave the Happiness Checker open once you finish with the taps. Oh, and make sure you have 6 Pokemon in your party when you do those taps. These are the most important points once you have your seed confirmed.

-I don't think it should matter, but just in case try generating the egg without using the AR. Save in front of it, turn the DS off, then put in the AR and turn the DS back on.
I never had 6 pokemon in my party that seems to be the problem. I will try it out and get back to you with the results

A quick question: I'm trying to RNG for wild encounter, specifically, fishing. I've read the guide and all, and here's where I'm puzzled: where it says that I have to find my Method J frame -3, well, my frame is 129, so I have to find frame 126 in the Method 1 chart?

Thanks in advance.
No, if the pokemon you are looking for is in frame 129 then when advancing the frames the formula for sweet scented pokes in water would be:
(Target frame-Monster Frame-Number of Wandering Pokes)/2
so you will have to do 129-3-Number of wandering pokes if u have any/2
i will assume u dont have any so it will 126/2=63 journal flips hope this helps you at all

EDIT: Can anyone help me out with my question above please? thanks!

You aren't even close to your target delay, kingoftricks. Why don't you check out my guides to see if that helps you with your RNG project. Since you need to get the right nature for your pokemon, whether it's shiny or not, all breeding is in two parts. First part for nature and shininess and ability, second part for IVs. Go check my guides out.

Hey thanks. I hope your guide helps me. Thanks in advance! :)

I would just like to say that thanks to this thread and the guides to getting the Wonder Card Pokemon. I finally RNG'ed my first Pokemon and got a Mild Jirachi with 31 13 31 31 31 31. Thank you anyone who contributes to this thread through posts guides and videos.

I'd just like to give an extra shoutout to Wichu for providing the PokéRNG Wonder Card Seed Finder and I recommend it to check frames and the IV's of the mistakes you keep getting. The download is in the 5th post of this thread for those wondering.

EDIT: I also found it weird that on Friday(July 16th) I couldn't get a wondercard in my Pokemon Pearl. Anyone know why?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm RNGing Latias in HG. I'm rnging it in the pokemon fun club (well on the carpet near the exit) I do 9 elm calls to verify my seed, then assuming latias's frame is 1, I should land on frame 10 right? Well it was frame 17. Are there any NPCs perhaps?
EDIT -NVM found it out

I'm not really sure where to post this so I'm posting it here. I'm trying to RNG the ID and the SID for my HG game. And.. the problem is.. how do I find a ID/SID Combo that has some decent shiny spreads? Again, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place but please help me out.

Alright I got the egg PID to work. So now I have the right nature, gender, and ability on my Chimchar.
The problem seemed to be not having 6 pokemon in the party when I did the happiness taps.
Thank you kiddu for pointing that out.

which combination of ID and SID I need to get this spread? (I mean the spread posted by OmegaDonut in the first link)
You need to read and follow the directions in the second link to get an ID/SID combo. There are many, but you have to choose one. Open up RNGReporter and go look at the Pandora's Box function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)