Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

With the journal flip in DPPT, should I just flip to the page where it says "Caught Pokemon", and from there press start to proceed to the game, or should I flip past the caught Pokemon page?
Flip to the page if you only want to advance the RNG by 2. If you flip past the page and the next page doesn't have a message of a "caught Pokémon", then it doesn't make any different but if the next page also has a message like that one, you advance the RNG one more time 2+2=4 - 4 advancements.
So, yeah, it's to the page.

Flip to the page if you only want to advance the RNG by 2. If you flip past the page and the next page doesn't have a message of a "caught Pokémon", then it doesn't make any different but if the next page also has a message like that one, you advance the RNG one more time 2+2=4 - 4 advancements.
So, yeah, it's to the page.
Awesome, thanks :D

Awesome, thanks :D
You're welcome^^

New page repost:

Ok, now I have a somewhat unusual question.
I have a HP Grass Modest Shiny spread on my Heart Gold and my heart was broken when I realised that Magnet Pull is Magnezone's ability 0 when my spread has ability 1. Magnezone is not the reason I RNG abused for that SID/ID combination though but I'd really enjoy to get one.
Then, I had a wonderfully terrifying idea: You can get shinies that wouldn't otherwise be shinies through the Pokéradar abuse right? What if you try to RNG one of those? I do realize this would have to be a spread in a really high frame and you'd have to count every single step and keep track of the RNG advancement produced by every battle but would it be possible?
I'm inclined to try that on my Platinum but I dunno if that's possible. Would the Pokémon have the spread and nature of that frame or would the shininess mess up with that?

Oh, and please I don't want answers like: "it's impossible because you have lots of work to hit your seed just for the chain to break before you get a shiny, etc..."
That makes it hard, I realize that, but what I want to know is if it's possible.

I'd like an answer to this please^^

I'd like an answer to this please^^
Oh, it's possible to chain it that way. I know someone did it via a flash cart and using save states if I recall correctly.

The thing is, it's almost infinitely easier to restart a game and RNG your ID+SID for such a spread then getting one via the chaining method. I have tried the chaining method a few times and it's very easy to screw up.

Oh, it's possible to chain it that way. I know someone did it via a flash cart and using save states if I recall correctly.

The thing is, it's almost infinitely easier to restart a game and RNG your ID+SID for such a spread then getting one via the chaining method. I have tried the chaining method a few times and it's very easy to screw up.
Yeah, I'd like to try though... If I don't succeed... well, I'll just do as suggested and restart the game, even though it sucks to restart a game just to catch a Magnezone :( I could breed one but I've been obsessed with fancy balls lately xD

Thanks for the help anyway^^

I'm trying to catch a poke in the grass on HGSS. It says in the guide

OmegaDonut said:
When using Sweet Scent to advance the frame, your final frame will be the Method 1 frame of the Pokemon you catch (listed as "Actual" in RNG Reporter) + 6. Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsistent.
The method K target frame of my poke is 2140 with a synchronizer. But does the above quote mean that my target frame on Method K is no longer valid the moment I intend to sweet scent at the end of my frame advancements?

The Method 1 target frame is 2185. Does the above quote mean that I use method 1 with a synch and that my target frame is now 2185 + 6, which equals 2191?

OmegaDonut also says
Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsistent.
Does this mean I should get on my bike and still add 6?

Also, what if I don't use sweet scent? Will the frame remain on the target frame if I just walk in the grass until a poke shows up? As far as I can tell, there are no NPCs in this area.

I'm having problems with PikaTimer. Isn't the timer supposed to count by seconds? Because when I use it it counts way faster than a second and I miss my target time/delay really badly. I didn't actually check my time/delay but I know it's off because I checked Pikatimer with a stopwatch on my iPod and Pikatimer was 16 seconds off by two minutes, AND my DS doesn't even hit the target minute. Is there any way to correct this easily, or is it a problem with my computer?

EDIT: I checked all the values for the numbers and everything and they appear to be correct as well. My delay is 2080 with a wanted second of 1. I left the other two values for calirated alone since that's what it said to do in the instructions. (I'm RNGing in Pt) The first timer is 22.33 and thr second is 38.67. The first was originally 82.33 but I didn't feel like waiting that long so I cut it down one minute and also changed my synchronize time (I think that's what it's called) to 1:06:00. I think it should have originally been 1:05:00 if I had allowed two minutes before starting the game.

I'm trying to catch a poke in the grass on HGSS. It says in the guide

The method K target frame of my poke is 2140 with a synchronizer. But does the above quote mean that my target frame on Method K is no longer valid the moment I intend to sweet scent at the end of my frame advancements?

The Method 1 target frame is 2185. Does the above quote mean that I use method 1 with a synch and that my target frame is now 2185 + 6, which equals 2191?

OmegaDonut also says

Does this mean I should get on my bike and still add 6?
No, it doesn't. I know from experience that using Sweet Scent advances the frame by 1 (while on a bike) and then you have to account the monster frame of the Pokémon (=1). This means your advancements should stop in your target frame -2. You get to frame 2138 using the Elm calls or/and radio advancements and then use sweet scent while on your bike (this is very important, really it completely messes up if you have your synch following you). Then, you'll encounter what you wish.
But that doesn't mean Omega Donut is not correct. The fact is that he's talking about something different which is the use of sweet scent to advance the frame, instead of the radio/Elm calls. The frame advances 6 from a battle plus the frame from the Method 1 Pokémon you encounter on that battle + 1 from the Sweet Scent. You only have to do that calculation if Sweet Scent is what you're using to advance your frame and not to get your final product.

Hope I helped^^

EDIT: No, walking in the grass still advances the frame, just like it does on DPPt. However, unlike the previous games, its advancement is unreliable. While on DPPt it's 1 step = 1 frame; 1 turn = 1 frame; 1 step while turning = 2 frames, on HGSS it's supposedly the same but most of the time, inconsistent and as so, not a good method to use.

I'm having problems with PikaTimer. Isn't the timer supposed to count by seconds? Because when I use it it counts way faster than a second and I miss my target time/delay really badly. I didn't actually check my time/delay but I know it's off because I checked Pikatimer with a stopwatch on my iPod and Pikatimer was 16 seconds off by two minutes, AND my DS doesn't even hit the target minute. Is there any way to correct this easily, or is it a problem with my computer?

EDIT: I checked all the values for the numbers and everything and they appear to be correct as well. My delay is 2080 with a wanted second of 1. I left the other two values for calirated alone since that's what it said to do in the instructions. (I'm RNGing in Pt) The first timer is 22.33 and thr second is 38.67. The first was originally 82.33 but I didn't feel like waiting that long so I cut it down one minute and also changed my synchronize time (I think that's what it's called) to 1:06:00. I think it should have originally been 1:05:00 if I had allowed two minutes before starting the game.
I know nothing about PikaTimer (I use emloop which is, in my opinion, much more reliable and can be found here) but what I do know is that 22.33 + 38.67 = 61 while it's supposed to be 60. That may not be your only problem but it's at least one of them.

No, it doesn't. I know from experience that using Sweet Scent advances the frame by 1 (while on a bike) and then you have to account the monster frame of the Pokémon (=1). This means your advancements should stop in your target frame -2. You get to frame 2138 using the Elm calls or/and radio advancements and then use sweet scent while on your bike (this is very important, really it completely messes up if you have your synch following you). Then, you'll encounter what you wish.
But that doesn't mean Omega Donut is not correct. The fact is that he's talking about something different which is the use of sweet scent to advance the frame, instead of the radio/Elm calls. The frame advances 6 from a battle plus the frame from the Method 1 Pokémon you encounter on that battle + 1 from the Sweet Scent. You only have to do that calculation if Sweet Scent is what you're using to advance your frame and not to get your final product.

Hope I helped^^
You did. Thank you.

I had my seed twice but buggered it up. This time I won't. :-D

I have a question. While trying to hit my delay, I was consistently off. I used the search elm function to see which seed I hit, but the ones that pop up don't correspond with the elm calls I get. Am I doing something wrong?

I mean, I got a set of different call, and when I used the search elm function, it ended up saying I hit my delay while the calls didn't correspond with the seed.

Usually when weird stuff is coming up on RNG Reporter, it is either the DS date/time was set wrong, the RNG Reporter date/time/seconds are set wrong, or the roamers are not entered correctly.

If you supposedly hit your delay by Roamer positions but your Elm responses don't match, it is definitely because you are landing on the wrong seconds.

Okay now I'm having another problem...

I tried using emloop and I'm doing the calibration (or whatever you want to call it) to see how the white screen affects the delay. But when I check the pokemon I caught into RNG Reporter, it tells me that there are no reasonable seeds. I've checked my time/date multiple times, they should be correct. Here's what I'm doing:

I put into the box for delay 2080 (which is what I need to hit) and pressed the button directly below it for the time at the start menu in-game after the soft reset. Then I subtracted this value (34.66) from 67 seconds and got 32.34 seconds as the time for the box which dictates how long before the soft reset. My target time is 1:01:07 and I synchronize at 1:00:00, which is why I subtracted from 67.

I'm thinking RNG Reporter won't take delays that high when it's searching for a "reasonable" seed but I'm not sure. How should I correct this?

RNG Reporter searches into the 3000s if I remeber correctly. I would say it could be because you missed your second, but that's not reasonable since the target is 7. Are you sure that the date is correct?

Yeah I've checked the date multiple times. I was at first thinking I wasn't hitting the second either but I don't know how considering I was using a timer and everything. I've tried the process a couple times now too. Is it possibly because I have to go through a long process once I'm in-game in order to catch a high-level pokemon? Where I'm saved is really inconvenient and it takes me about three minutes once I'm in-game before I have the pokemon ready to be put into RNG Reporter. I don't think that would affect anything but I am new to this so...

That's probably your problem. Since the seed finder only searches through a certain amount of frames when trying to find initial, you may be going over that number.

Okay. I'll try to keep the frame down lower before I catch the pokemon then. It doesn't matter how high it gets after I catch it though, right? 'Cause I have a full party and will have to go back to a Pokemon Center when I'm done to get it out of the PC...

EDIT: Nope, still getting the same message. I have the correct date and time (I checked both right before starting) and once in-game I flew directly to the Pokemon League. I caught I pokemon there directly after by Sweet Scent, so I don't undertand how the frame could have gotten any higher than maybe ten max.

Ugh, I'm so confused...

EDIT EDIT: I downloaded Pikatimer onto a different computer and the timer works perfect this time. I'll just start over there and use it because emloop is too annoying since I can't calibrate for some reason and I hate Japanese anyway. Thanks to everyone who put up with me though.

IT seems that I've found the root of my problems. It seems that my calls actually start at the third response and skip the first and second.

Does this affect my frame in any way?

When using Sweet Scent to advance the frame, your final frame will be the Method 1 frame of the Pokemon you catch (listed as "Actual" in RNG Reporter) + 6. Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsistent.

I don't understand this. If I'm using Method K (in HG/SS) to catch a shiny Pokemon (Starting Frame of 1, right?) and I use Sweet Scent right away, will my Final Frame be 2 (1 + 1) or 7 (1 + 6)?

I don't understand this. If I'm using Method K to catch a shiny Pokemon (Starting Frame of 1, right?) and I use Sweet Scent right away, will my Final Frame be 2 (1 + 1) or 7 (1 + 6)?
Someone answered this same question for me earlier today. Just go back through the posts for today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)