Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If I want to have a certain shiny spread on my game for catching wild pokemon, do I have to create a new game, or is there another way of doing this? Sorry, I'm old.
Pretty much, yeah; you'll need to RNG your ID/SID which can only be done when starting a new game.

I still don't get it, man. What the hell are you talking about? It can't be skipping calls. If it skips calls, you are doing something obviously wrong. Which calls does it skip? Your problem is that you are counting, simple as that. You DON'T need to count.
First of all, I am not a man. Second, I do not count the calls that RNG Reporter already said are skipped. I'm talking about the first three calls after that. See my example. I did post an example of what I'm talking about. And yes, the example talked about an adjacent, but before you accuse me of something else, yes, the same thing happens when I land on my target seed. I miss three calls other than the one's belonging to roamers.

Third, I am trying to solve this problem as politely as I can. Yes, I am probably doing something wrong, but I don't understand what you think is wrong with counting. I'm supposed to count Elm calls to get to the right frame, am I not? I am checking that they match as I do so.

As soon as you enter the game, you'll open the pokegear and see the Roamers position. If it matches the one you needed, you get your seed, input it on the first screen of RNG Reporter, select Method Breeding (HGSS), and click generate, with the roamers on the routes they were when you saved.

Then, you skip the first frames, as they were skipped (they are the roamers frames), and start counting from your start frame (RNG Reporter will say what it is to you, no problem).
I use Seed to Time which gives me a list of adjacents to make use of with PikaTimer, which I downloaded on your advice. I do not do this other thing you describe up here because Seed to Time has all the info I need to reach my Target Frame.

Then, you call once, and see if it matches the ELM column on the RNG Reporter screen. If it matches, you go to the next line. Call again, see if it matches.
And you do it until you are one line above the one with your IVs. Then you get your egg.

I can't explain it to you more clearly, so I hope you get it now.

Edit: No, there are no missing calls. If you don't exit the pokegear screen between each call, the frame can't be skipped. There is NOTHING that can advance your frame while you are inside the pokegear, unless you have something playing on the radio. Anyway, if there are frames missing, as you say, it's because you didn't hit your seed.
RNG Reporter disagrees with you. If I input all the calls on Seed to Time, despite the missing three, and also input the Roamer positions, I get landed
on my target when I hit the target seed. If you don't understand what I mean by three missing calls please see my earlier post. The post is about adjacents, but the I had the same thing happen on my target seed, which was confirmed by RNG Reporter as I explained above.

I do not exit the PokeGear. I try to get the PokeGear up and running as soon as I get into the game. I am not super fast. I have arthritis, but there are only split seconds between the game screen showing and my hitting the PokeGear.

I hope I won't detect any more anger in your responses. I'm not here to piss you off. I'm trying to solve a problem.

That's my point. I no longer know what frame I'm on because counting them makes no difference. My first attempts were always with frame 9. I had three missing calls. I tried counting six Elm calls. I tried counting 9. Both failed.

Should I have been counting five calls? Should I have been counting 8?

I've been getting different advice from different people and I feel like I'm turning in circles. Examples of conflicting advice I've had: Release the roamers, don't release them. If your frame is 9, stop counting at 8 and your egg will be on the next frame--count 9 Elm calls. Don't worry about which frame you're on. Pay attention to the Frame you're on because Elm calls will show you.

I know I start on frame 3 (which is exactly as stated on the advice in the first few posts of the thread), but I have these skipped calls and I don't know how to count the Elm calls. I really don't. Not after all the advice that hasn't helped me solve this. :-(
The roamers also advance your frame beyond that starting frame of 3 or so, which in turn advances the Elm responses. It sounds like you weren't counting that, whether you didn't know or did but forgot. In other words, there are two different things both advancing the RNG here: the roamers, and the NPC towards the south of the route. You need to account for both when it comes to egg IVs.

I don't know if you actually know this yet or not, but the deal about the Elm calls is that, not only do they each advance the frame by 1, but because the calls directly match up to frame advancements, you can work backwards by calling Elm x number of times and searching for the pattern you get in the seed, and the frame just before the beginning (in your example, your starting frame was 6) would be your starting frame. So, if you find the Roamers on the right routes and call Elm, say, 9 times, you can use that pattern to figure out which frame you started on and act accordingly.

If it still doesn't work and you get the wrong egg again, you could check and match its IVs to your seed and try to figure out which frame you did hit, so you can adjust on your next try.

The roamers also advance your frame beyond that starting frame of 3 or so, which in turn advances the Elm responses. It sounds like you weren't counting that, whether you didn't know or did but forgot.

I don't know if you actually know this yet or not, but the deal about the Elm calls is that, not only do they each advance the frame by 1, but because the pattern is predictable for each frame, you can work backwards by calling Elm x number of times and searching for the pattern you get in the seed, and the frame at the beginning would be your starting frame. So, if you find the Roamers on the right routes and call Elm, say, 9 times, you can use that pattern to figure out which frame you started on and act accordingly.

If it still doesn't work and you get the wrong egg again, you could check and match its IVs to your seed and try to figure out which frame you did hit, so you can adjust on your next try.
Thank you, kiddu. I will try again.

I'm trying to keep track of everything I do different so I can solve this. I also want to help anyone else it might happen to. It isn't pleasant being stuck like this on one poke. I've gone back to Platinum for RNG more than once just to make myself feel better. :-(

I personally abuse Eggs IVs on HGSS by leaving one frame, so if I need to get to frame 11 I get to frame 10 and then I get out of the Pokegear so the person on the bottom advances my frame one more as I talk to the Daycare Man for the egg.

I did this with my first RNG on HG with no problem on the egg IVs. It's this second pokemon that's being very weird. I really don't know why. Anyhow, thanks, Human. I'll try again. Since I'm stubborn and won't give up.

I did this with my first RNG on HG with no problem on the egg IVs. It's this second pokemon that's being very weird. I really don't know why. Anyhow, thanks, Human. I'll try again. Since I'm stubborn and won't give up.
Sorry, I just read that your target frame is 3. If so, you are at least going to need to find a different seed, then, since the roamers and NPC together are already pushing your frame past that before you can even do anything about it.

You'd probably need a target frame of at least 7 if you're checking your seed before getting the egg, more if you use Elm to do it.

Instead of using an AR, I used one of Smogon's guides and found the equation for the SID. I got to the end heavily distraught that my real SID was between the number and the number + 7.
I later heard that the last digit doesn't relate to the numbers needed to catch shiny Pokemon, but I am not sure if this stays the same for the RNG.....Does this mean I have to use the AR to find my SID for my game? Or can I use the number I got in the equation?

shadowloop, use RNG Reporter Time Finder for a shiny egg and check the HGSS Shiny box. Put your ID and SID. Search for the nature and ability. Choose your calibrated delay and add 100 to it and choose the year 2000. Find one of the seeds for a PID Frame of one. Go and change the year to get your calibrated delay, when you hit it put your two pokemon parents there and then get the egg. Save before you get the egg and it should be shiny. You can begin Soft Reseting for IVs later if you want.

So I just hatched my first shiny Pokemon in HG. The only problem is that it hatched on the wrong egg. I am going for seed 6F0001F7 with a Naive nature and ability 0. With this information it says that the shiny Pokemon that I want will be on frame 4. I was perplexed with the shiny Pokemon came out of the second egg. Any know what I might have did wrong?

Ha, final exam is over. Time to get back to RNGing lol

Has anyone crack the RNGing method for PokeWalker pokemons yet? I saw one listed in a trade thread with a quite "distinguished" stats.

Ha, final exam is over. Time to get back to RNGing lol

Has anyone crack the RNGing method for PokeWalker pokemons yet? I saw one listed in a trade thread with a quite "distinguished" stats.
Yep, it's pretty much fully cracked. Check the RNG Research thread for more details.

So I just hatched my first shiny Pokemon in HG. The only problem is that it hatched on the wrong egg. I am going for seed 6F0001F7 with a Naive nature and ability 0. With this information it says that the shiny Pokemon that I want will be on frame 4. I was perplexed with the shiny Pokemon came out of the second egg. Any know what I might have did wrong?
Sometimes the game skips through eggs before you pick em up, which explains why u got your shiny early, the same thing happened with my 1st shiny. The best thing you can do is aim for an egg on as low a frame as possible to avoid this.

Sometimes the game skips through eggs before you pick em up, which explains why u got your shiny early, the same thing happened with my 1st shiny. The best thing you can do is aim for an egg on as low a frame as possible to avoid this.
The first time I did it, I collected three eggs without any hatching. I just tried again and got the shiny on the fourth egg. But this time I saved before getting the egg and hatched it before getting the next one. This is so tedious =/.

Instead of using an AR, I used one of Smogon's guides and found the equation for the SID. I got to the end heavily distraught that my real SID was between the number and the number + 7.
I later heard that the last digit doesn't relate to the numbers needed to catch shiny Pokemon, but I am not sure if this stays the same for the RNG.....Does this mean I have to use the AR to find my SID for my game? Or can I use the number I got in the equation?
There are 65536 possibilities for your SID, and 8192 sets of shiny spreads. Therefore, each shiny spread has 8 possible SIDs. This works both ways; you'll be able to RNG for shinies if you use any of the 8 possible values.

Can anyone see anything I did wrong? All I can see is that I didn't flip/tap properly. Gonna retry but if there are any glaring mistakes before I put in time...

04:27:16, delay 627
h,h,t,t,t,t,h,h,h,h
then 9 double taps
then 3 flips
then put the parents in
generate an egg and save
it got technician like i wanted
and was male like predicted
but neither else

So now that I can RNG legends I'm tempted to start platinum over so I can get them all shiny. I'm a bit too sentimental about my hard copy of plat, but I do own a flashcart. My question is, is RNGing the same on a flash cart (I have an M3DS Real, if that helps)? As far as delays between resets and everything? When I load platinum on my M3 it takes at least a minute or maybe 2 to boot up, but a soft reset feels like about the same amount of time. Anyway, I'd hate to play through plat only to find out RNGing is too different to pull off on a flashcart.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
so what normally is the delay range people get on HG, ive been trying toying around with a spread I found, but even with 99 delay minus an dplus it shows no elm calls matching my seed

edit: ah well, seems like im in the 489 region of delays, which spawns my next question.
how the hell am I able to get there reliably, since most seeds I see here in my excel sheet (albeit outdated most likely) dont show delays that go remotely lower then 590 or so

edit2: finally figured it out, going to have to use Pikatimer then ;)

First of all, I am not a man. Second, I do not count the calls that RNG Reporter already said are skipped. I'm talking about the first three calls after that. See my example. I did post an example of what I'm talking about. And yes, the example talked about an adjacent, but before you accuse me of something else, yes, the same thing happens when I land on my target seed. I miss three calls other than the one's belonging to roamers.

Third, I am trying to solve this problem as politely as I can. Yes, I am probably doing something wrong, but I don't understand what you think is wrong with counting. I'm supposed to count Elm calls to get to the right frame, am I not? I am checking that they match as I do so.

I use Seed to Time which gives me a list of adjacents to make use of with PikaTimer, which I downloaded on your advice. I do not do this other thing you describe up here because Seed to Time has all the info I need to reach my Target Frame.

RNG Reporter disagrees with you. If I input all the calls on Seed to Time, despite the missing three, and also input the Roamer positions, I get landed
on my target when I hit the target seed. If you don't understand what I mean by three missing calls please see my earlier post. The post is about adjacents, but the I had the same thing happen on my target seed, which was confirmed by RNG Reporter as I explained above.

I do not exit the PokeGear. I try to get the PokeGear up and running as soon as I get into the game. I am not super fast. I have arthritis, but there are only split seconds between the game screen showing and my hitting the PokeGear.

I hope I won't detect any more anger in your responses. I'm not here to piss you off. I'm trying to solve a problem.
Sorry for calling you a man, but with three folks trying to help you, saying three different ways you could be doing it wrong, you still don't listen.

No, you are not supposed to count. You don't need to count. RNG Reporter is telling you which frame you are on, as long as you know where to see it. I'm trying to tell you where to look, but you don't seem to want to read it.

If your roamers are on the routes RNG Reporter told you they would be, you don't need the calls to check adjacent, or what not. The roamers are enough for that. You did hit your delay. But you can miss your second, and that is the only way to be skipping frames, as I said before.

When you see the right roamer positions, get out of seed to time adjacent or what not, copy your seed to the first screen of RNG Reporter (as I said you to do), select the method Breeding (HGSS), and click generate with the roamer's positions exactly as you wrote on the Seed to Timer screen.

Then, starting from the frame RNG reporter told you it would start, you call Elm and see what the result is. If it matches, go down on the list and search. If it doesn't match, search for the first match of that call. When you find it, call again and see if it matches the next one on the list. If it DOESN'T match, you missed your seed because of the seconds, that's all there is to it.

Also, you'll NEVER hit a target frame of 3. You need to search for IVs on a target frame of 15, or something. Because the roamers will always skip at least 2 or 3 frames (if you have Lati@s out too), so you'll never get your frame, considering you'll be also advancing the frames with Elm calls).

So now that I can RNG legends I'm tempted to start platinum over so I can get them all shiny. I'm a bit too sentimental about my hard copy of plat, but I do own a flashcart. My question is, is RNGing the same on a flash cart (I have an M3DS Real, if that helps)? As far as delays between resets and everything? When I load platinum on my M3 it takes at least a minute or maybe 2 to boot up, but a soft reset feels like about the same amount of time. Anyway, I'd hate to play through plat only to find out RNGing is too different to pull off on a flashcart.
It's basically the same besides you have to adjust the seconds.
Pikatimer;)
Just did a Gengar (Ghastly) in Sprout Tower on my Flashcart and I thought it basically quite the same only a bit harder.
(Maybe it's just me)

My brother abused the other day on his R4 and although he had to take quite some tries he managed to pull it off in the end.

But I prefer abusing on my retails, but who can afford 8 retails just for shiny spreads? ( I know some guys really did that.lol)

Thank you, Pehu. I'll keep those instructions on screen the next time I make an attempt with a seed at a higher frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)