Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
how do you rng abuse for id in soul silver and heart gold? as for its different fom diamond and pearl
its the same basic idea except that the ID/SID is generated after professor oak's last message in HG/SS as opposed to right after the TV sequence in D/P

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why is it nescessary to RNG Abuse for Ids or are people just looking for ones they want?
because IDs determine which spreads are shiny for your game so people want to control which IV spreads appear shiny for their game to catch Pokemon shiny with the IVs they want
what frame and method is lugia? also is there a guide to HGSS rng?
frame 1 method K and no to the guide

I gave up on abusing the Shiny Gyarados. He is not stationary, he keeps moving. Also, you can't use the radio on the moment you can first abuse it, and you need to defeat it to be able to continue with the game. So I've just kicked his ass, and will try to abuse him later, when I have the patience.

Anyway, the fact that he moves on the lake do make abusing it a little harder, because you have to walk to his direction and that will advance the frame.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
I gave up on abusing the Shiny Gyarados. He is not stationary, he keeps moving. Also, you can't use the radio on the moment you can first abuse it, and you need to defeat it to be able to continue with the game. So I've just kicked his ass, and will try to abuse him later, when I have the patience.

Anyway, the fact that he moves on the lake do make abusing it a little harder, because you have to walk to his direction and that will advance the frame.
So if I beat his ass, he will appears later?

They said that it will appear on the lake after you beat Elite 4. I didn't checked it, since I'm too lazy to fly to Johto again.

Okay, I still need some clarification on the definition of the terminology.

RNG guide said:
Before beginning your quest for perfect IVs, it is advisable that you spend some time collecting data about your usual delays and the number of seconds it takes to go from a reset to the game world.
Isn't the bolded part exactly what the delay is? The calibration steps give me a delay # in the 600s and a seconds value in the teens. Are they supposed to match up with the formula "60 x seconds = delay value?"

I can figure out how to utilize the seconds value when I try to hit a target time but I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with the delay value. :[

well, my spring break is coming up in a couple of days, and i'm planning on trying to get a bunch of RNG breeds done since I don't have the time during the normal school week. I've noticed that many people can get more than one RNG breed done in one day, and it normally takes me a couple just to get one breed done, I was wondering if anyone could share some "tricks of the trade" so to speak, to help me get my breeds done faster (taking into account that sometimes a spread will be stubborn, etc)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
do some of you rng and check the ivs without an AR? i don't have one and im assuming it would be more difficult to check the ivs..
I do I use rarecandies the number depending on the level of the pokemon and yes it is more tedious

I do I use rarecandies the number depending on the level of the pokemon and yes it is more tedious
true... so hard to get the ivs... need help, have only a few rare candies... but you can reset after giving about 49, yes?

im trying to use the man in the battle tower in platinum, maybe he can judge my pokemon..

oh have another question: how do you get the target time?

Kind of a simple question, but does anyone know how to calibrate frames/delay in HGSS? I can't exactly go catch a high-leveled Magikarp while trying to get my TID/SID. :{P
It's actually quite simple... take the trainer ID that you ended up getting and put it in the right-hand column of Pandora's Box, along with the date/time of the DS clock when you dismissed the "I'll see you later" message and what you feel is an appropriate range of delays, and click "Find Compatible Seeds." It will then tell you your delay, seconds, and SID. If there's more than one result, try to pick the one that seems the most relevant.

Good luck!

It uses a different method anyways Pehu.
Even if you hit the right frame, it won't fit. It's not Method K and not Method 1 after all.
I tried several times, the spreads won't never fit. Actually it seems to use sort of split spreads or a method that is not implemented yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)