Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

How do you raise delays? Those are the results I got from the Calibration stage.

EDIT: I've entered my ID and SID into the main menu, but I'm still getting no results. My ID is 35785 and SID is 17248.

EDIT: Nevermind, a simple restart of the program solved it.

You needed to do 268 and you did 266...
So does a happiness tap increase the frames by more than one? I thought I could stop a few happiness taps early and be a few frames ahead of my target but is this not the case? I am just trying to get shiny eggs.

@ -Qwertycal-: It's important you do that before ever opening time finder as there is a bug that only loads the ID and SID the first time you open time finder regardless of how many times you close and reopen. Exit RNG Reporter and start it again, then enter your ID and SID before opening time finder. I just tried with your ID and SID and all the information you entered (including the delay range) and got many results.

@ wdistance: each happiness tap advances your frame by twice the number of Pokemon in your party, so for a full party, it advances by 12.

just to make sure I didn't mess up the taps. Is there another way that you would recommend to make sure it works and I don't mess up?

So I've been trying to get my target frame and delay and was wondering:

Can I change my delays from even to odd by inserting a gba game without the ds turned on and then taking it out?

Is the coin flips sequence 100% accurate in telling you that you've hit the correct spread?

So I've been trying to get my target frame and delay and was wondering:

Can I change my delays from even to odd by inserting a gba game without the ds turned on and then taking it out?

Is the coin flips sequence 100% accurate in telling you that you've hit the correct spread?

You have to leave the game in or out to change it. Put it in when the game is off, then turn on and it should change.

yes they are. some delays may have near identical flips for 10 flips or even higher.

@ Syberia : In your guide about hitting higher delays you say to convert the delay into seconds and search spreads with those seconds. I don't know if there's something wrong with this or with what i'm personally doing but there are two things I still can't get.
1- with my current seed and year 2009 I get a delay of 800 which converted into seconds is 13.33 seconds, by the way there is no matching date with 13 seconds for that seed.
2- 13.33 seconds is lower than what it usually takes me to reset and load again my game (I do it in 14-15 seconds). How am I supposed to "wait" 13 seconds in the blue screen?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess that that procedure only works under this two assuptions:
a- there is an available date for yout seed-year-seconds combination
b- your s-reset time is lower than your initial seeds seconds

If I accidentally saved on the Happiness checker app, will it affect the number of double taps I have to do for a shiny spread?

@ Syberia : In your guide about hitting higher delays you say to convert the delay into seconds and search with spreads with those seconds. I don't know if there's something wrong with this or with what i'm personally doing but there are two things I still can't get.
1- with my current seed and year 2009 I get a delay of 800 which converted into seconds is 13.33 seconds, by the way there is no matching date with 13 seconds for that seed.
2- 13.33 seconds is lower than what it usually takes me to reset and load again my game (I do it in 14-15 seconds). How am I supposed to "wait" 13 seconds in the blue screen?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess that that procedure only works under this two assuptions:
a- there is an available date for yout seed-year-seconds combination
b- your s-reset time is lower than your initial seeds seconds

No, that 13 seconds is the time it takes for the game. When getting your 14-15 seconds, you include the time for the game to load. the game loading doesn't affect your delay, so if you find out how long it takes to load, lets say 4 seconds for you, thats only 10 seconds affecting the delay. I hope you get what I'm saying.

Robalo - just resave. You havent started anything and won't lose any progress. It may make it one more or just not do anything at all, not really sure.

I've tested putting the gba game in, finding frame still getting even frames, took it out while ds was off, still getting even frames, what's the problem here?

I've tested putting the gba game in, finding frame still getting even frames, took it out while ds was off, still getting even frames, what's the problem here?
The GBA trick does not work for everyone. Another thing that may work is just resaving to change it to odd. If that doesnt work, change your year up 1 to lower delay by 1, or down 1 to increase delay by 1.

No, that 13 seconds is the time it takes for the game. When getting your 14-15 seconds, you include the time for the game to load. the game loading doesn't affect your delay, so if you find out how long it takes to load, lets say 4 seconds for you, thats only 10 seconds affecting the delay. I hope you get what I'm saying.
I see what you mean here, but he says to use 60 sec as predelay and soft reset when the pre-delay time is over,mash the A button to get into the blue screen and wait there for the delay time to be over, but when I get into the blue screen it's ALREADY over...

yeah I'm still getting the even frame 8:(

Edit: Will try year change if continuously get frame 8.

Edit2: I changed the year down 1 to increase the frame by 1 but, I'm still getting frame 8?

Quick question about NPC's movement affecting frame. If you can see like 2 pixels of them does that still count as "on screen". Like I'm trying to abuse an Eevee right now, and one of the cow girls hat's has a few pixels showing. They sometimes move, and I'm woundering if that's what throwing of my frames everytime I hit my delay/time.

I think it is more correct to follow this:

starting from any seed-delay-seconds (seed/delay/ss)

1- add the quantity d to your delay. Use 96 as first guess value for d :
delay*= delay+d

1-convert the delay* into seconds dividing it by 60 to obtain the reset seconds :
rs = delay*/60

3- set the pre-reset time p so that the reminder of the division (rs+p)/60 equals your target seconds

r.o.d. ( rs+p)/60 = ss

4 - do the emloop syncronization stuff ( as described in syberia's guide)

5- start the game and check your initial seed and delay

6- if the ingame delay doesn't match your target delay set d as target delay minus ingame delay and repeat steps 1-5

d = delay-ingame_delay

example
target delay : 800
target time : 12.01.04

delay* = 800+96 = 896;
rs = 896/60 = 14.93
p = 49.07 cause the rest of the division (14.93+49.07)/60 is 4

however the starting value for d should be taken in a way that makes the reset seconds greater than your usual seconds from the calibration phase. in this case mine are 14 seconds and rs=14.93>14 so the +96 is a good starting value for d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)