Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

i just found something interesting while shiny breeding in platinum (and pardon if it's already been brought up)

the date for me right now is the 21st and that's what i put into the RNG to find my initial seed.

however, the day hasn't changed yet, but the date for this egg i'm getting is the 22nd.
i don't know why my DS is off by a day, but i'm sure it's been off the whole time. i've only messed with the time.

anyway, despite this being off by a whole day, i still managed to get my shiny spread to work. right ability, nature, gender... everything.

any ideas why that is? or has this already been found and explained?

o.O do you need any coin flips? cause I think you're pretty lucky to NOT be on app 5 since switching to app 6 would count as a click... but you might want to wait for someone else to answer since I'm not too sure...
well dunno exactly
I posted what the ones my nature asked for
but the fact is:
switching from 5 to 6 counts as 1?
then if i switch from 6 to 7 would count for the 1st situation i posted?

(im after this for a looong time and when i have a chance O_o, please help me, im after this shiny since half of last year)
EDIT:
i need someone opinion:
there at the 1st page, it's said that when i switch from 5th to 6th app, i get more 10 at the rng
and when i double click there, as well
so, as im already in it
and the program tells me just to switch into it
should i double click once?
=o

i think its what i understand
(and the taps is at 2-3 taps above, the first one is the one i mentioned)

@Lightning: How are you able to get such low offsets? Where do you save and is there anything you particularly look out for before you save (maybe the NPCs move?) Thanks.

I'm having a very difficult time getting shiny eggs while breed. (on Diamond.) I've been following the steps exactly as shown, but I'm getting maybe 1 shiny in every 20 attempts.

is there anything I could be doing wrong?

For method J, do you still have to do the same beginning steps as the shiny egg process to find your seed? (sorry if this has been asked on numerous ocassions)

I'm so annoyed right now.

While trying to get my preffered IVs I got the correct offset and delay, but the seconds were incorrect =( I can't believe how unlucky this is.

This is bullshit. Same thing AGAIN. Why is it that I can get lower delays with higher seconds and higher delays with lower seconds? I'm aiming for a delay of 626, 13 seconds and an offset of 8, but I keep getting 626, 12 and 8 even though sometimes I get delays of 622 and 624 with seconds of 13 and offsets of 8. wtf!?!

I'm assuming it's just my timing, that I'm SRing a little too early, unluckily when I had the right delay...TWICE.

EDIT: OMG FINALLY!!11!!! I got it. Took me all day though =|

Question regarding the whole Masuda method(1/2048 foreign parent hatching).

When i'm hatching eggs, would it be quicker to just place the game into hibernate, intead of saving the game(and turning the DS off) when i want to stop, so that i'm always working with the same IRNG seed.

So i know that eventually i'll get to the shiny value, instead of simply hoping that one of the times i do turn the game back on, the shiny value will be earlier.

Question regarding the whole Masuda method(1/2048 foreign parent hatching).

When i'm hatching eggs, would it be quicker to just place the game into hibernate, intead of saving the game(and turning the DS off) when i want to stop, so that i'm always working with the same IRNG seed.

So i know that eventually i'll get to the shiny value, instead of simply hoping that one of the times i do turn the game back on, the shiny value will be earlier.
I guess so, the same logic fits with normal hatching too, so it's just up to you.

Vlie- the girls don't have to move in a required direction, but you need them to move the same way everytime after you reset.
OK, and I see only one girls on the screen, so I need to watch the one that is at the screen, or do I need to see them both? And they are moving different the whole time =(

OK, and I see only one girls on the screen, so I need to watch the one that is at the screen, or do I need to see them both? And they are moving different the whole time =(
Seeing only one girl on the screen is good. When you save again, if you do, wait to save immediately after she moves, so hopefully she doesn't move when you start it up again.

Seeing only one girl on the screen is good. When you save again, if you do, wait to save immediately after she moves, so hopefully she doesn't move when you start it up again.
OK. Thanks will try again for a flawless normal colored Shinx =) (Need to steal my brothers R4 first, mine is broken)
EDIT: OK, she now moves after I got the egg.

Hey guys I just caught a flawless bold hp fire cresselia in my game! Wild and legendary pokemon can be exploited too! I found the time for the spread manually but I guess that it'll be easier once we have a new time finder... be patient and you'll have a guide for this soon :)

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey guys I just caught a flawless bold hp fire cresselia in my game! Wild and legendary pokemon can be exploited too! I found the time for the spread manually but I guess that it'll be easier once we have a new time finder... be patient and you'll have a guide for this soon :)
I had a feeling the 4th gen games would be broken soon. Good news :-)

How long have you been manually searching through? I'm going through J method for other legendary pokemon.

It didn't take long but the hardest part was as as always the manipulation. I had to hit the correct delay and then flip the same journal page 938 times...each s-reset took me 30 mins approximately. After releasing her I chased her and battled her without actually catching her just to check how much damage she took from my attacks and whether she outspeeded my leader pokemon or not. I made sure I hit correct delay and offset, then I saved, changed the date back to normale, loaded the game and masterballed her...

It didn't take long but the hardest part was as as always the manipulation. I had to hit the correct delay and then flip the same journal page 938 times...each s-reset took me 30 mins approximately. After releasing her I chased her and battled her without actually catching her just to check how much damage she took from my attacks and whether she outspeeded my leader pokemon or not. I made sure I hit correct delay and offset, then I saved, changed the date back to normale, loaded the game and masterballed her...
I forgot we could use the journal to advance it. Very smart. How much does having caught a pokemon affect it, by 1 or by 2?

SID = secret ID . It's like your normal ID but it's hidden. You can't know it unless you've caught a shiny pokemon or have a cheat device

I am going to go for this cresselia sometime.
Frame 73387
Calm
31/26/31/30/30/27
HP Ground 70

Need a rebattle cress code first for diamond, so this is on hold.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
anyway, despite this being off by a whole day, i still managed to get my shiny spread to work. right ability, nature, gender... everything.

any ideas why that is? or has this already been found and explained?
For finding your initial seed the only thing you really need to get right is your hour for the most part. The other items can nearly be anything (not always but usually) as it does some math on all of the other parts of the date and time.

X = Month * Day + Minute + Second

And then X is divided by 256 and the remainder is taken for the value to create the seed.

Since you don't input seconds the seed finder tries 0-59.

Having wrong information WILL cause the seed finder to show you an incorrect "seconds" value, though, so while being precise is not important for shiny egg hatching it IS for exploiting IVs.

For method J, do you still have to do the same beginning steps as the shiny egg process to find your seed? (sorry if this has been asked on numerous ocassions)
Find an initial seed is always the same process.

Amazing :)

NOTE: He did this without a timefinder and manually found the spread and worked out how to get it. Not something mere mortals should attempt.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
SID = secret ID . It's like your normal ID but it's hidden. You can't know it unless you've caught a shiny pokemon or have a cheat device
Speaking of which: If I happen to have a naturally caught shiny pokemon, how would I use that pokemon to find my SID? Is it possible to do so with the PID and without a cheat device?

Sorry if it's been answered somewhere before, I'm still lurking my way through the posts on this thread, lol. `-`;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)