Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Wow, I'm behind. A lot. Will do some IV breed abuse to test this alone and see how well I can do.

Not sure how much an R4 will affect this, hopefully not a lot.

The first two times I've done a test run to try and get my delay, offset and seconds I've gotten very high delays. Is this because it took me a while to catch the pokemon, or is delay related to time spent on the continue screen?

If i have a shiny with 67 taps and 8 coin flips and then another at 137 taps and 7 con flips, is it possible to get them both?

If i have a shiny with 67 taps and 8 coin flips and then another at 137 taps and 7 con flips, is it possible to get them both?
Yes, just remember to do it exactly right, ie. still have the same amount of pokemon in your party. Also generation of an egg advances the IRNG by one, so take away another one from the coin flips.

So I'm ready to embark on my second project, and I needed to find which ability I need for a spread. I checked here for the list of abilities but Hoppip and its evolutions are not there. :\ Does anyone happen to know, or does anyone know how I could find out? (besides trial and error)

If I've just finished the taps and coin flips and i go to a battle to teach my smeargle fake tears for an egg move will the incubator RNG be untouched?

and what if i use the move tutor?

If I've just finished the taps and coin flips and i go to a battle to teach my smeargle fake tears for an egg move will the incubator RNG be untouched?

and what if i use the move tutor?
Battles don't affect the RNG and so I assume move tutors don't either.

I'm still getting delays of over 10,000 for the initial seed when I'm doing test runs for exploitation of bred pokemon's IVs. Is this supposed to happen? Should I just keep trying until I get a delay of around 600?

I need clarification. When doing the test runs for calibration so I can get desired IVs do I still need an initial seed with a delay of approx 600? or do I only need a delay of about 600 for the egg? I always get really high delays and don't want to really continue to do this in vain if I'm doing it incorrectly.

can you save on a patch of water too, or will it not work? im asking since i dont have an AR or a bunch of rare candies so the magikarp are my only choice.

So I'm ready to embark on my second project, and I needed to find which ability I need for a spread. I checked here for the list of abilities but Hoppip and its evolutions are not there. :\ Does anyone happen to know, or does anyone know how I could find out? (besides trial and error)
Just check on Hoppip's Smogon page; the ability listed first is ability 1. For Hoppip, that would be Chlorophyll. Also, a good rule of thumb for 3rd gen and older Pokémon is that if they have a D/P only ability (Leaf Guard), it's always ability 2.

Alright. I found my delay, offset and time/date for the spread I want. My question is. Where do I need to hit the timing? Do I need to click A as fast as possible and click continue on the correct timing? Or should I get the egg at the correct time?

you can't easily control the time and the delay simultaneously in my honest opinion...if you soft reset at 00 seconds and hit A as fast as possible the time is fixed and you only have to care about hitting the correct delay and offset

hi, i'm new around here, i have a shiny snover on my platinum, and the calculated IVs are as follows:

Impish #459 Snover: 13 / 27 / 0 / 28 / 19 / 24

and my trainer ID is 63130

is it possible to find my exact SID using the given information?

thx in advance :)

if it's a chained pokemon, we haven't found a way so far. If it's a random encounter shiny or a hatched shiny I believe that emloop features a tool that lets you know your SID but I'm not sure about this

Jonny, thanks so much for your guide. It's awesome. Very easy to understand (Well, for me at least. x.x) and down to the point. Awesome job.

I will probably test this and make a video guide this weekend, although the fact that you can't always get the desired IVs first try is a bit of a downer. :P But I suppose I can just redo one section over and over until I get the desired IVs. :D

Will probably just talk about your guide in the video, with steps for correction and such.

i found the snover by luck, so it's not chained, and the emloop tool gave me 8 SIDs, ranging from 44896 to 44903, is there a way to get more refined results?

Thetorsoboy-thank you very much dude. Mingot is going to clear it up and include it in the OP, also I hope that with people testing it there'll be some kind of refinement, but so far I believe only Lightning-Fusion and me managed to do it. Good Luck

VOBLiTZ :i don't know if there's a better way but you could try breeding a shiny egg with each of those SIDs and see which gives a shiny...not the easiest way to do it but it's once and for all

I'm pissed off right now. :(

I've managed to get the same delay/offset/seconds 3 times in a row but there is no fucking flawless spread with my delay...... ARGHHHH!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)