Programming most efficient defensive ev calculator

Made a little app that simulates attacks against your pokemon to find the best defensive EV spread for it. you can even set the "remaining EVs" to less than 508 if you plan on putting some EVs into an offensive stat or speed.

[UPDATE 1]: prompts and slider readings more clear

Attachments

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This is actually pretty interesting, but a bit difficult to use if you don't know specifically what you're looking for. I think it could be more efficient if you could set some kind of parameters like "what's the most efficient spread if I want to be able to survive both a Scarf Heatran's Fire Blast as well as a Life Orb Keldeo's Secret Sword with these base stats" kind of deal, and then it spits out the EV spread without having to fiddle around with the EVs like you do on other calcs.

The slider is also kind of vague I feel, but this is still a pretty cool tool, thanks for sharing with us!

thank you for the feedback. i should be able to make some improvements before the end of the week. right now it spits out the evs based on which set lets it survive the strongest possible set of attacks with 1 hp remaining. the formula is based on this page http://www.serebii.net/games/damage.shtml

i could make a separate calculator to judge best survivability against different threats, but this program is designed simply to make the pokemon as tanky as possible.

I will however add more detailed prompts and an accurate reading on the slider in the next version.

[EDIT]: ive updated the download to be more clear with the slider readings and the prompts. more changes to come

Last edited:
I think it could be more efficient if you could set some kind of parameters like "what's the most efficient spread if I want to be able to survive both a Scarf Heatran's Fire Blast as well as a Life Orb Keldeo's Secret Sword with these base stats" kind of deal, and then it spits out the EV spread without having to fiddle around with the EVs like you do on other calcs.
i could make a separate calculator to judge best survivability against different threats, but this program is designed simply to make the pokemon as tanky as possible.
Just wanted to mention that I've already made a calculator that does just that. The thread is located here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)