SM RU Moony Scouts (Peaked Top 5 RU Ladder!)

Favorite Sailor Scout?

• Sailor Moon

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Sailor Mercury

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Sailor mars

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Sailor Jupiter

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Sailor Venus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't watch Sailor Moon, I have no taste

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

teachable

Banned deucer.

Proof of peak
Introduction

Hiya, Teachable here. I like making RMTs, and I find this section is usually lacking in RU quality RU teams so that's what inspired me to type this thread up. My title is partially play on TheWall's pride and joy "Lunar Force" squad, as I took a lot of inspiration from his team while building this. There was another user who made an OU ditto squad, please mention them if you remember their team as I'm drawing a blank on it :p. Pretty sure it was p2's team!

Teambuilding Process

Taking inspiration from the OU team posted here, that I'll properly credit if anyone remembers, featuring Ditto + Wish Passing Chansey to beat stall, I wanted to try to created something similar in RU because the concept was REALLY cool. Ditto obviously does the usual stuff it does, dissuading setup etc.

Here's where the Lunar Force inspiration came in; I was running Umbreon, so why not pair it with 3 Fighting resists? Provided me with a Rocker, Defogger, and a Toxic absorber, all while helping Umbreon out defensively.

I noticed most of my team was: A. Kinda fucked by Mandibuzz, either by the Taunt/Toxic set B. Very slow. So with that in mind (and knowing its a pretty underrated Pokemon), I opted for Virizion as my last mon choice, providing me a wincon against some balance builds lacking Chesnaught or using something like Grass Resist/Milotic as their defensive backbone.

In-Depth

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Wish
Protect
Heal Bell
Foul Play

Umbreon is my primary special wall, primarily providing me with a switch-in to Nidoqueen and Swellow who would otherwise kind of run through the team. I opted to partially invest in defense as this lets me check Feraligatr consistently (who otherwise gives my team trouble considering Ditto is my scarfer), either putting enough damage on it should I get crit to let Ditto revenge it, or checking it at +2 outside of a crit. The def EVs also let me always check DD Flygon (even Dragonium), should I happen to get my Ditto Knock Off'd. Having a cleric and wish passer is also incredibly useful when Virizion, Doublade, and Ditto all dislike status and their resistances provide them opportunities to receive wishes.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
Transform

The inspiration of the team, paired with Umbreon it lets me: Keep Ditto healthy, have infinite PP for the Stall matchup assuming they have Pokemon with recovery, revenge kill the majority of the setup sweepers in the tier. Ditto also gives me a switch into stuff like Mega Blastoise which I otherwise struggle to switch into. IVs give it Hidden Power Ground for Salazzle, PS! makes it pretty annoying to set HP for Ditto.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
Shadow Claw

Doublade acts as both a Fighting resist and a Pokemon capable of taking advantage of the Registeels, Bronzongs, Diancies, Cresselias, etc. that Umbreon inevitably brings in. While not particularly common, it gives my team an actual check to Slurpuff which would otherwise setup on Umbreon and 6-0 me lol. Further synergy with my team since its an Ice Resists that pairs well with Gligar. Sacred Sword over Iron Head because I wanted a way to actually beat Snorlax.

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Stealth Rock
Photon Geyser
Heat Wave
Power Gem

I needed a rocker, so I packaged another Fighting resist and a rocker into one Pokemon. Necrozma gives me some offensive presence, with a really really strong Photon Geyser. Paired with Doublade I can either pressure or take advantage of the majority of other Stealth Rock users in the tier. I tried Knock Off for a while but Power Gem ended up working out better because my team (as you can see) kinda gets boned by Mandibuzz.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
Roost
Defog
Earthquake
Toxic

Same as above, packaged a Defog user and Fighting resist into one Pokemon. Pairs nicely with Doublade as its a ground immunity (and honestly, every team needs one of dem). Gives me a nice switchin for Zygarde-10%, Flygon, Heracross, Tyrantrum, Mega Lix, etc. Toxic over Knock Off because I already have Doublade for Regi/Bronzong, and it lets me put Milotic/Blastoise/others coming in on a timer.

Virizion@Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Close Combat
Stone Edge

Team gets mildly boned by Mandibuzz, so Virizion is an attempt to remedy this. With Chesnaught falling in popularity, I used Rockium > Psychium to break through Moltres and hopefully clean sweep certain balance/stall builds. Something to revenge Pangoro and take advantage of opposing Umbreon is also nice. Gives me a real switch in for Araquanid also.

Replays
Ladder is pre dead, when I get games its usually nothing eventful so srry for not too many ladder replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-695413286 - Ditto doing work, wish passing around to beat Balance w/ it + sweep using my opponents Pokemon (funny enough, playing against my own sample)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-695434076 - Ditto prevents Barbacle from setting up, which would otherwise 6-0 me, + an incredibly clutch crit saves me from my poor play/wins the game

Threatlist

Pangoro
Wallbreakers in general kinda claim kills when they come in, but in particular Pangoro kinda of bones me because it comes in on Necrozma for free and at that point I can't do much other than choose to not get up rocks and double or sac a mon.

Shaymin
SubSeed variants kind of are annoying for my team to deal with, although I can typically deal with them w/ Umbreon/Doublade.

Mega Blastoise
This thing kinda rips me up if it has Ice Beam. Luckily it only comes in on Umbreon and Gligar, one of which can Toxic it and put it on a timer so it can't do too much damage, the other of which can Wish Pass to something that can tank a single hit (Everything on the team bar Gligar/Doublade) to keep it healthy.

Florges
Doublade is the only Pokemon on my team that really checks this, and lack of Steel STAB on Doublade makes this a little annoying. As long as Doublade stays healthy though we good.

Importable
Uranus (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Mars (Doublade) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Claw

you_irl (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Transform

Jupiter (Virizion) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Black Moon (Necrozma) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Power Gem

Mercury (Gligar) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Shoutouts
TheWall for the inspiration when building w/ Umbreon :)
Everyone in the RU PS! chat and Discord for keeping me loving RU
EviGaro for always checking out my shitty team ideas and helping me realize what 6-0s them.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
not super sure on if it was your squad, but p2's team was the only one I could find using chansey + ditto so I'm assuming thats what gave me this idea :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)