Signups Monotype Winter Premier III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

banner by Ticken

Welcome to the manager signups for Monotype Winter Premier (MWP)! This tour is similar to MPL but with the addition of OMs (Mono AAA, Mono STABmons, etc.) in replace of Monotype gens 5-7.

** For those who would like to manage a team
Please make a short post in the thread following the example in the hide tag below. If you think you will have any activity concerns during the next 3-4 months, please do not post a signup!

Additionally, it is currently up in the air whether there will be 3 SS slots or 2 SS slots + 1 SS bo3 each week. Please indicate whether you would prefer there to be 3 SS slots or 2 SS + 1 SS bo3 with your team name, assman and the reasons you would make a good manager. This will in no way influence who the managers will be so please choose the option you would most want to play and watch.

Team Name: Mauville Memers
Assman: Imp Barida
Why would I make a good manager?: I managed in MPLs 1-3 and my team made the finals in MPL 2. I very much enjoy watching OMs and Barida told me he can hold off on playing Paladins for 3-4 months to help manage.
3 SS or 2 SS + 1 SS bo3: 3 SS

If you are a manager or assistant manager and you want to play for your team, please make a signup in player signups. Your team will have to buy you.

Manager signups will end Sunday, November 15th @ 11:59 PM GMT -5 (EST).

Any questions should be directed to me or Ticken through VM on Smogon or Discord (Omega#1957, Ticken#8967).

Last edited:

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Sorry for the confusion everyone! The OP will be adjusted shortly but the options are between 3 SS OR 2 SS + 1 SS Bo3.

We have no intentions on removing NatDex, wherever that rumor came from. To those who posted already, please edit your posts at your convenience. Thanks for understanding!

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Team Name: Mossdeep Murkrows
Assman: Sabella
Why would I make a good manager?: We have both been parts of the monotype community for a long time and have a lot of prior experience in both playing and managing at a high level of tournament play. I managed in wcop 2019, snake1, mpl4 and mwp2. I also won MPL3 and MWP1 as a player while achieving a perfect record in the latter. Meanwhile my assistant manager, Sabella, has been one of the most acomplished players in the monotype community for a very long time now, while also winning MPL3 and MPL6 as a manager.
3 SS or 2 SS + 1 SS bo3: 2 SS + 1 Bo3
KramurxLogo.png

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
Team Name: Po Town Pandas
Assman: Maple
Why would I make a good manager?: We've both been part of the Mono community since early 2019, with DugZa participating in 2 MPLs while I've participated in 1. Both of us have also collected experience in a wide range of Smogon tours which'll help us communicate with a wide range of personalities. Finally, we've both integrated ourselves into the Mono community, with DugZa doing work as a tutor while I have worked on the VR Council and Council.
3 SS or 2 SS + 1 SS Bo3: 2 SS + 1 SS Bo3

Team Name: Viridian Vivillons
Co-manager: Bondie
Why would we make a good managing pair?: As a duo, we have been involved in the Monotype community for quite a while, the both of us currently being active moderators in the Monotype room and really motivated to manage in a team tour. Despite only making the push recently, I managed the Snowpoint Staravias in this year's Monotype BLT to an unbeaten title, and I have lurked around for a long time, so I do know a lot of relevant players in the community. Bondie has even more mileage, being a relevant member here since Scpinion days and managing in two MPLs plus in an OMPL.
3 SS or 2 SS + 1 SS bo3: 3 SS

Team Name: Wintown Weaviles (TBD)
Co-manager: Seo.
Why would we make a good managing pair?: Seo has been in the monotype community for a long time and is very knowledgeable about the player base, he is also a TL and a council member at heart. He is one of the best om players AND hes a bagged milk advocate. I am but a humble mono boomer who enjoys to play a mono om every now and then.

Seo begging me to manage with him
pic.jpg

Team Name: The Quintessential Quilavas
Co-manager: Eien
Why would we make a good managing pair: Me and Eien have been through it all together, from the day he banned me from the Mono room, to the day he offered me Monotype Tier Leader. I have been in two MPLs and Eien has been in more than I can count, while also being former tier leader, so really there is no reason we wouldn't be a good pair.

TQQ4.png

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Team name: Kung Fu Urshifu's [Name pending]
Assistant Manager: Harpp
Why would I make a good manager?: I have a lot of experience in individual tours as well as covering major tours like MPL 5 and also helping out the Eevee's in MWP 2. I have a lot of experience with mono and its OM's from the unofficial mompl to my multiple runs in BLT, one of which I got a ring out of. I know the community well and I also know how to build and work with a team as most of my team members know I'm helpful and always looking out for the team, even if not for myself. Harpp is also a well respected player with multiple MWP and MPL showings as well as managing a few himself.
3 SS or 2 SS + 1 SS bo3: 2SS+1SS Bo3
[Logo tbd]

Last edited:
As someone who won the irrelevant tournament has a similar name to the really important user FU SHUN HA, I feel like I am qualified enough to take up a manager spot in this tournament as I have plenty of experience with the tier played. I have also played in quite some teamtours and I think it is time for a change from player to manager now. I wish to manage in this tournament with my dear co-manager Chakra aka has not signed into smogon in almost 3 years.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Team Name: The Mamamoomoomilks
Assfox: Maki
Why would we make good managers?: I'm a more authentic Kpop stan than maroon will ever be, so my team > his by default. Maki is one of the most knowledgable players in the Monotype community as it stands today, going 3-0 in the latest MPL and is not afraid to branch out into other tiers if needed be, which is great for a tournament full of unexplored OMs. He is also never afraid to offer advice when teambuilding, and demands the most out of his players in order to get prep done on time. As a person, he is never afraid to show support towards his friends, which falls into his role as manager in order to motivate our team when things get bleak. Last but not least, he is an extremely quick learner, which means he will slide into the role of manager smoothly once the tour commences.

Team Logo:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Team Name: The Mamamoomoomilks
Assfox: Maki
Why would we make good managers?: I'm a more authentic Kpop stan than maroon will ever be, so my team > his by default. Maki is one of the most knowledgable players in the Monotype community as it stands today, going 3-0 in the latest MPL and is not afraid to branch out into other tiers if needed be, which is great for a tournament full of unexplored OMs. He is also never afraid to offer advice when teambuilding, and demands the most out of his players in order to get prep done on time. As a person, he is never afraid to show support towards his friends, which falls into his role as manager in order to motivate our team when things get bleak. Last but not least, he is an extremely quick learner, which means he will slide into the role of manager smoothly once the tour commences.

Team Logo:
Imagine being so poor you had to steal my theme. We are going to crush you in the tour! :blobpex:

GUESS WHO IS BACK!!!!!

Team Name: Railgun Raikous 2.0
Assman: iLlama
Why would we make good managers: My assman and I would make awesome managers because for example: I drafted a team of mediocre players such as Ssalbap (Lost 13 OVERALL GAMES IN A ROW THAT CARRIED FROM MPL TO MWP 1 AND FINALLY I WAS THE ONE WHO BROKE HIS CURSE DURING WEEK 7)!!! Even when you don't have many strong players on your team, you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it! If we won against Lax team week 7 we would be in playoffs over taking 5th place! My manager experience and optimism knows no bounds! Even when my team falls apart, I'm the one to put them back together! I've been manager for 2 MPL's, MWP, and BLT! I get my passionate attitude from football (not American football I seriously hate how this COUNTRY TENDS TO CALL FOOTBALL SOCCER) but football football so that ties to how competitive I am and how good of a coach I can be!

Llama is a great asset to the team, he's a master in Among Us and a great at Mythic in the Magic the Gathering.

I'm also quite the gamer you know! I'm a fan of Zelda games as well as fighting games too! Who doesn't love these!

I heard I've been banned from managing but GUESS WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MAD AND ANGRY THAT MY TEAM ALMOST MADE IT TO PLAYOFFS WITH A GROUP OF PEOPLE AND THE REST OF YOU WHO WERE BEHIND US DID POORLY SO TAKE THAT HAHA WE ACHIEVED MORE THAN YOU GUYS DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TASTE MY RAILGUN SHOOT

Last edited:
GUESS WHO IS BACK!!!!!

Team Name: Railgun Raikous 2.0
Assman: iLlama
Why would we make good managers: My assman and I would make awesome managers because for example: I drafted a team of mediocre players such as Ssalbap (Lost 13 OVERALL GAMES IN A ROW THAT CARRIED FROM MPL TO MWP 1 AND FINALLY I WAS THE ONE WHO BROKE HIS CURSE DURING WEEK 7)!!! Even when you don't have many strong players on your team, you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it! If we won against Lax team week 7 we would be in playoffs over taking 5th place! My manager experience and optimism knows no bounds! Even when my team falls apart, I'm the one to put them back together! I've been manager for 2 MPL's, MWP, and BLT! I get my passionate attitude from football (not American football I seriously hate how this COUNTRY TENDS TO CALL SOCCER FOOTBALL) but football football so that ties to how competitive I am and how good of a coach I can be!

Llama is a great asset to the team, he's a master in Among Us and a great at Mythic in the Magic the Gathering.

I'm also quite the gamer you know! I'm a fan of Zelda games as well as fighting games too! Who doesn't love these!

I heard I've been banned from managing but GUESS WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MAD AND ANGRY THAT MY TEAM ALMOST MADE IT TO PLAYOFFS WITH A GROUP OF PEOPLE AND THE REST OF YOU WHO WERE BEHIND US DID POORLY SO TAKE THAT HAHA WE ACHIEVED MORE THAN YOU GUYS DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TASTE MY RAILGUN SHOOT
hey lol

Mr.Bossaru

PMPL Champions 2022' ZU GOD\NU GOAT
is a Top Tiering Contributor
team name; Brooklyn Blaziken's

assman; Catalisador

why would I be a good manager; me and cata would make a great pair we are both very chill, team players, supportive of others, plus doing one of these has been a dream of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)