Modern Warfare 3

Just curious, what killstreak package does everyone use? I run the support with UAV-Counter UAV-Super UAV or whatever it's called. I like it better than assault for two reasons:

1. I don't have to worry about dying so I can rush and be more reckless, which I like doing and is harder in this game.

2. Team player bitches.
I pretty much prefer support too, mainly because I tire of TDM and go to objective-based game modes, And because I always go for the objective point, I die more often, and I get only the small killstreaks. Now I just go ballistic vests-stealth bomber-EMP/juggernaut recon, and not having to worry about my constant dying.

Stealth bomber is so epic in Headquaters; place it just in front of the headquarters location and I have at least gotten a triple kill each time.

I like how there is a lot hate and a lot of love for this game. It's just too damn funny. I probably won't be getting this, never been into the fps multiplayer craze.

His plea isn't sad, the reviews given are sad. Users just don't know how to give fair scores, and because metacritic doesn't filter them they are bloated with extremely biased entries. Nearly 3,000 negative reviews on the Xbox page...I'm willing to bet that at least 1500 of them don't even own the game, but act like they do.

• "Same game different year" is a terrible reason to give the game a 0, and doesn't demonstrate that you even tried the game
  • "Battlefield is better" is a completely BS reason to give the game a 0, and again doesn't mean that you even played MW3
  • "Just Modern Warfare 2.5" is not a valid reason for giving the game a 1
  • "Look at the trailers, graphics are outdated," awesome reason for a score of 0

And I'm not joking either. These seem to be the running themes for stupid low scores. Even if all of the above are completely valid (minus the Battlefield comment), there's no basis for scores of 0s and 1s.

That article is a joke. He goes out of his way to find more elaborate negative reviews while skipping over the plethora of ones with the above complaints, he claims that all of these reviews are coming from "Call of Duty" fans when it's evident that every one of those is from Call of Duty haters, and then accuses Activision of buying their good critic reviews.

I love this game. MW2 without the BS is exactly what I wanted lol.

If you expected this game to be completely different well you should be dissapointed. Why would IW/Activision change a formula that has worked and continues to work for years?

This game is 10x better than Black Ops. EASILY. The maps are a lot more close quarters and the little features IW added are amazing.

I give it a 8.5/10 just because I hate the music and you can't turn it off <_<

it's still a garbage attempt to cash in no matter how you look at it
Rubbish attempt it may be, but its still raking in money from 12 year old kids you buy COD every year, I definitely am not calling all COD players 12 years old, I myself play it sometimes, but because there are so many of them on COD, it really does get annoying, not because of their voices or whatever (which can be solved with mute) but because they dont know how to play the game
I enjoy team play, I enjoy working together and playing tactically, it is the biggest reason why I am picking Battlefield 3 over Modern Warfare 3, I have played it already, I love the game mechanics, I like the guns, customisation, but the fact remains, I can rush with an overpowered gun, get a shitload of kills and call it a day.

Where as in Battlefield 3, rushing isnt generally a good thing, but a bad thing to do.

That is why for me, Battlefield>COD

But the fact remains, you cant call it a pathetic attempt to get money, when there are 12 year old kids, somehow getting their parents to buy the game

Why are there more kids on COD than Battlefield?
Because COD is generally more popular and easier

Can't really blame IW for making MW 2.1 considering any game that has the name Call Of Duty in it will sell millions. IW knew they could they make any game and it would be auto-cash for them.

Basically all you need for a successful game is a popular license. It's not about creativity anymore. :(

As I was in the stores looking to see what I should get, I noticed MW3. Now, call it a coincidence, but I just noticed that Modern Warfare THREE came out three days before Rememberence Day. A day that honours the lives of soldiers who died in warfare. It's probably just a coincedence, but I find it interesting.

As I was in the stores looking to see what I should get, I noticed MW3. Now, call it a coincidence, but I just noticed that Modern Warfare THREE came out three days before Rememberence Day. A day that honours the lives of soldiers who died in warfare. It's probably just a coincedence, but I find it interesting.
To be fair every Call of Duty come out around this time of the year.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did it on purpose though, they love to create controversy and news about their game to get more publicity. (Airport scene from MW2, using real locations in firefights) I also have heard there is another scene in this game that could cause some issues but I haven't touched the campaign yet so I can't really say.

Anyways. This game really isn't bad at all. It might as well be the same game as MW2, but it'll still be fun for a while.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
where have you been for the past entire call of duty franchise? Since I started paying attention the series with 3, they've all been coming out on or a couple of days before 11/11.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
If you still can't quickscope in this game, you really do suck. Somehow quickscoping in this game is easy as fuck.

Manged to hit wave 26 on Resistance in Survival mode solo. Damn this mode is fun, blows zombies out of the water IMO.

Multiplayer is whatever, I still have fun with it because I live in a college house, and we just play split-screen multiplayer all day.

Also sniping is dead, welcome to nothing but auto.

where have you been for the past entire call of duty franchise? Since I started paying attention the series with 3, they've all been coming out on or a couple of days before 11/11.
Believe it or not, but I only started playing COD when I came over to my friends house this summer. YES, I have missed the entire saga of COD. I don't even own an Xbox360....Yet....

But once I get an Xbox, I'll most likely get MW3. Seeing as quite a number of people in my class that I know well own it.

pookar

Banned deucer.
last good COD game was COD4 aka MW1. black ops wasnt awful but the series was ruined by then. nothing was OP in COD4 and it was a straight shooter with grenades. I remember in COD4 we used to complain about everyone having 3 grenades, but as MW2 came out we all agreed that we'd rather people had 3 grenades than 25 OP grenade launchers

was fun for a little while, but CoD just doesn't really do it for me :x

most of my issues are with lag, but the Support killstreaks are annoying as hell. I should be able to switch classes between two classes with the same support killstreaks enabled and not lose my current killstreak or whatever.

haven't really noticed much OP stuff, if I had to name something I'd say the type 95 has killed me more than anything (except maybe Predator missiles, that shit is everywhere)

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
last good COD game was COD4 aka MW1. black ops wasnt awful but the series was ruined by then. nothing was OP in COD4 and it was a straight shooter with grenades. I remember in COD4 we used to complain about everyone having 3 grenades, but as MW2 came out we all agreed that we'd rather people had 3 grenades than 25 OP grenade launchers
If you weren't playing hc, stopping power was necessary.
Juggernaut was overpowered, m16/stopping power was overpowered, p90 was overpowered. Martyrdom.
I don't think it was a super balanced game.
Better than mw2 though!

I posted an argument about why Assassin Pro will be THE dominant second-tier (red) perk in MW3, and why it wasn't in MW2/CoD4 here.

As much as people bitch about Stopping Power, it was pretty much a savior and made air support not shitty.

My only gripe with this game right now though is two things:

a) wtf shotguns, why don't you do damage?

b) extreme conditioning doesn't last as long as I want it to.

Also, hidden maps??

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As for other things I wish they carried from Black Ops to this game, though maybe it was controversial with Treyarch:

- Combat Training.
- Mute All.
- Kick if you friendly fire too much in Hardcore. Not that I like Hardcore a whole lot, but I can definitely agree that this will be a major bane for some of the modes (I'm looking at you possibly, Kill Confirmed).

That also makes me a little irritated that Shotguns still are ass, especially since their "prime time" was when they were secondaries in MW2. Black Ops Stakeout and SPAS-12 were "okay", but good lord they could've used a slight range buff maybe... still a damn shame that you can't customize the shotguns like you can in Battlefield 3. I nearly dropped my jaw at what the shotguns could have.

I think I'm more disappointed with shotgun "nerf" because the SPAS-12 was one of my favorite shotguns, and if I was stupidly buying this game, I'd love to use it again.

I can't believe we are in a global depression and people still decide to waste their money on things they already own.

I think I might cave in and buy it for PC, but only because I didn't touch MW2 or blops, and I've already got 3-4 friends playing it every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)