mod.patch syntax

Hey there. Just kinda sorta wondering what the full syntax for the patching file was beyond Add Pokemon: *stuff*; *pokemon*: Spd:144; *pokemon* a+Truant etc etc. Is it capable of deleting pokemon for the modded server? Adding new moves? (probably not but hey)

Also, will Shoddy 2 have the same patching system or use something different? I noticed in it's source it uses xml which is more or less better organized.

I don't believe you can delete pokemon. You can add new moves. I just need a little bit to remember how. It might have the same patching system.

Adding moves would be absolutely spectacular because the patch I'm working on is based on a popular hack that adds a LOT of moves, so knowing the right syntax for that would be a massive help.

Deleting pokemon isn't as big a problem, I was only going to do it to aid the Random Battle chooser in all honesty, I can live without it.

One thing I've always wondered is how the Gender field works. I know you can use Male and Female, but will it work with Both and None too? Would it use different words otherwise?

Thanks for the replies by the way.

I don't believe you can, unless you add a new pokemon, unless you script a way to. But I guess it might not be worth a male Blissey. (lol!)

So does anyone know how to patch moves? I've tried a few things myself but I can't get any sort of relevant results, and I'm not really positive on the limits imposed. (what effects I can and can't add for instance)

Nevermind. I finally found the part of the code in the source that clued me in on moves being fixed and hardcoded. There's no way I could add new moves, I guess.

What a set back. Oh well.

No there is a way...

Its not hard coded. it's only hardcoded unless you built from source. If you built from source, It will have it. I think I remmebered...

1. Open MoveList.java (idk where it is)
2. Find a move like the one your looking for.
3. Edit its stats to complete the move.
4. Add the name to the list of moves.
5. Save.
6. Open your patch and type...
Code:
*Pokemon to get move*: *move name*, *move name 2*;
*Move name 2 is if you add 1+ moves.
7. Save.

I love you. I hadn't thought the move list would actually be elsewhere since I saw most of the source files all in one folder. This will definitely do. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)