ORAS OU Mlop Stall/Weaken then cleanhouse

Hi guys,

I've been playing a little on and off. I'm almost 1600 rating (using only this team), and I'd like opinions on this team.

The main reason why I want advice is that to me, this team seems to perform quite well and not really get countered by any Pokemon in particular, although some are a little tough to handle. It is a very defensive team that has pretty much every support move imaginable except heal bell, which is hardly necessary since two Pokemon can shrug of status conditions easily and can soak them up for the team. Also, since I don't play that much and I'm not the best player, I was curious as to where other people think this team could reach given time/skill.

Anyway, on to the team.
Quick Overview:

Mlop: Revenge killer / End game sweeper
Milotic: Tanky rest-talker that throws out dragon tails/scalds to weaken enemies.
Scizor: Utility defoger
Jirachi: Special wall
Celebi: Physical wall
Hippowdon: Rocker, sandstorm chip is useful as well.

Actual Overview:

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Lopunny is kind of what holds the team together. Everyone else throws out status and chips at the team, and when I can get a slow u-turn / death fodder / easily predictably knock-off, this thing comes in and something dies. I like adamant because I can do things like OHKO ferrothorn most of the time, which I can't without adamant. Also, I like fake out + quick attack because it's basically extremespeed when put together. Lets me kill things like mega pinsir, tanky talonflame, weavile, mega manectric and others who think they can use priority/faster speed to OHKO me after the fake out.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

EVs are a little all over the place but I think this works ok. Sometimes not too useful, but a lot of teams surprisingly have nothing to kill it, and it just stays alive forever and basically kills the whole team on it's own. Rest-talk takes advantage of marvel scale making it a monster defensively. It can also take volt-switches from rotoms with only taking 30% damage. Scald hurts everything because of burn chance, and dragon tail prevents it from being set-up fodder. Also nice to soak up toxic/will-o-wisp, since it can rest it away.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

No, I don't use bullet punch. Since Scizor is dedicated defogger, it kind of needs roost so that's 2 slots gone. For the offensive moves, knock off fits it's supportive role pretty well. I generally switch scizor in against another stally pokemon like ferrothorn or skarmory, and against them, knock off is so much better than bullet punch. Slow u-turn is really nice since it can bring in safely Mlop. Since technician isn't needed on this set, swarm is actually really nice. After soaking up a hit, a swarm boosted u-turn chunks really hard, even without any attack investment.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

I think this set is pretty standard. Wish/protect gives it utility and makes it extremely hard to 1v1. Body slam cripples switch ins and iron head para-flinch is nice stab that can kill pretty much anything as long as it doesn't have rocky helmet or 400 defense. Special wall for the team tanks everything like a monster. Only things it really needs to be careful of are stabbed fire moves and earthquake.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Leech Seed
- Recover

Celebi is my physical version of Jirachi. Psychic/Giga drain helps it actually kill things it's supposed to check, as opposed to switch in a jerk off and hope they switch out. Leech seed makes prediction easier, and sort of like wish, helps switching out since to a low hp pokemon. It also soaks up status conditions, kind of like milotic but a little more reliable in this way. Was thinking of maybe replacing seeds by calm mind, but not sure how that would work out.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Standard rocks set, nothing really to say here. Toxic/stealth rocks/sandstorm all slowly chip at the enemy team, making the lopunny finish that much easier.

Any tips/advice on improving the team would be nice. Other than that, opinions of other players on how far this team could potentially climb would be pretty cool.

Thanks for reading -^.^-

Hi,Welcome to Smogon!
I like the team sets except for your items too many leftovers.
1.Jirachi should be given kings rock just to be annoying with the flinches from iron head and since you get the flinches can be used to counter a azumarill.
2.Hippowdown is most likely a lead so leftovers usually is not a good idea i would give it a smooth rock to help with a time when you try to stay in with hippowdown.
3.Celebi is fine with leftovers but i would give it heal bell instead of leech seed since celebi is pretty fragile it won't really be able to set up leech seeds.
4.Scizor could use a focus sash and bullet punch, I like to run focus sash on scizor just because of how much weakness he has, and bullet punch over roost would help with the damage alot.
I would usually have more to rate but this team seems pretty good
Hope I helped! And I hope you are able to use this team effectively!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)