MixGen OU Team

Hello guys, this is my first team asking for a rating here and as you can see my account is still brand new, it shiney's :justin:

Magnezone @ Air Balloon (aka Steely)
Quiet
Magnet Pull
252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Thunderwave (troll face #1)
Hidden Power Fire (troll face #2)
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon

What needs to be said about the ultimate steel killer? If he doesn't kill you, he will render you useless (no paralyz clause FTW). I would say he is a saboteur, since after he cripples a pokemon or two the others are free to take advantage.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry (Draxe)
Adamant (dat 432 attack *bites lips*)
Mold Breaker
252 Atk/ 4 HP/ 252 Spd

Brick Break
EQ
Outrage
DD

Hits like a truck, no SR weakness, has the good ol pure Dragon resistances and none that is 4x weak. Can take a hit I've noticed too..requires no setting up if needed.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb (Wall-E)
Admant
Poison Heal (troll face #3)
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

Spore (troll face #4)
Seed Bomb
Drain Punch
Sword Dance

First of all, I hate walls. I hate Chanseys and Snorlaxes, I hate Water/Ground types with all my heart and passion, so add 1 + 1 and you've got yourself a Breloom. On the plus side, Spore + SD gives you ridiculous, non ending power..

Cloyster @ Focus Sash (aka OneManArmy)
Admant
Skill Link
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def

Shell Smash (Hax move, all that power and speed for -1 defenses?)
Razor Shell
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast

One man army, nickname says it all. Protip, if you see a gliscor or a dragonite infront of you, don't even bother to set up, just spear them right away, and with focus sash you've got yourself added potential to kill others. If you are wondering yes I've faced them both in succession and then SS on the third pokemon, good times :happybrain:

Volcarona @ Chesto (aka Infurnug)
Modest
Flame Body (troll face #5)
252 Spd/ 252 SpA/ 4 HP

Fiery Dance
QD (aka Hax Dance)
Bug Buzz
Rest

Master Sweeper, Ferrothorn Slayer, General Purpose killing machine. I can't count how many times this guy set up in the middle of nowhere and then start messing things up. Yes, Stealth Rock makes him broken, which is why I use the illusion of Magnezone as a starter. If you see a stealth rock user in the lead or just switched in, call him out before they use it or rest it off. Abusing Fiery Dance and having a little bit of luck means their soul is yours to keep.

Dragonite @ Life Orb (aka Nobolite)
Jolly
Multiscale
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

DD
Fire Pwnch (you think just because my Volca is gone, I want burn you?)
ES (cleans up other peoples mess, especially damaged ice sharders)
Outrage (he won't be a man without it)

LO and Multiscale is the most worst combo eva and Imma let you finish, but it makes for the best setup of all times! DD and destroy. General Physical Sweeper, ES those dying pokemon who get too cocky when they see a dragon infront of them.

And that's it folks, bless me with your wisdom and experience and sowwy if I talked too match...

somtimes I run volcarona with max HP and max SpAtt and give it rest chesto. Just saying, with the right counters taken out first, gaining all your health back at plus two or three is devastating.

You have 4 Pokemon weak to Stealth Rocks, which isn't good at all.

Even though you hate them, I suggest a wall (Like Rotom or Cresselia) or tank (Like Conkeldurr or Swampert) of some sort just to take in hits.

It seems your team is very fragile and the right pokemon can easily rip through.
I suggest Jolly Terrakion as a revenge killer with Close Combat/Sacred Sword, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Quick Attack because it takes little damage from SR and still maintains a very nice Attack.

Magnezone lead idea is a terrible idea personally.
Magnezone is a very good Pokemon and you shouldn't waste it only to get a status off.

Breloom needs a better item.
Effect Spore is so useless because Breloom can't take a hit anyway.
Poison Heal / Technician is just better.

And your team requires a lot of setting up.
Maybe you should change some Pokemon to Pokemon that have rightaway power that doesn't need setting up.

Timid is better on Volcarona so you can outspeed threats like Scarf Timid Hydreigon and +1 Jolly Haxorus. Hidden Power is more suggested on Volcarona to hit Pokemon that Fire / Bug can't. I suggest HP Electric. Ice is fine too.

Yeah I'm starting to get very, really sick of stealth rock, even if I have good prediction. Also, I was thinking about losing the third moveslot and getting walled by Heatran by then again I won't do much against him even with a boost...

I'll try it now, thanks :)

Also, I took Aero out and introduced Hax, much better pokemon...

Technician is not released so I'll try poison heal + Drain punch. Also, if Hax doesn't suit the job well I'll try Jolly Terrakion instead.

Magnezone lead is just there to intimidate, I'm not suggestion that I will always throw him away for a t-wave or toxic, and yes he has excellent special attack and with a balloon he is very good.

Thanks guys, let me know if you have more to suggest...

...I think you should replace a troll face move on Zone. I know it gives you variety, but otherwise it's a wasted move slot if they don't switch and kill you anyways.

Haxorus could also try a Scarf set with

Outrage
Earthquake
Dragon Claw / Rock Slide / Brick Break / Night Slash
Dragon Claw / Rock Slide / Brick Break / Night Slash

Dragon Claw is just if you're sure they'll switch into a Steel type next, so you're not locked into Outrage. The other moves are just standard. Unforunately, Haxorus can barely touch Skarmory but oh well. It's still a beast, 393 ATTACK WITH JOLLY.

Cause like I said, setting up is pretty big on your team..

Your Magnezone can't kill steel types without a fire move at least. Bronzong carries Earthquake, Heatran... obviously, Scizor has Brick Break or Super Power. Drop one of those statuses & put Hidden Power [Fire]

Ok so I edited my OP to reflect your suggestions and I am a very pleased user, have been climbing the OU ranks steadily and even losses are down to the last poke or so. Thanks very much indeed. Needless to say with regards to Haxaorus that there is life after Scarfchomp after all :)

If I may suggest, you could try out White Herb on Cloyster. That'll negate the Defensive drops while still giving you +2/+2/+2 from 1 Shell Smash. With Cloyster's high defense, Focus Sash may not be necessary.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Magnezone is no good as a lead. I recomend you replace Cloyster for a Rapid Spinner because your Volcarona falls flat to SR. A counter to common spin-blockers would be nice too. Do you have access to a Zoroark? That takes care of spin-blockers for sure and makes a great lead. Your team is awfully frail,and Dnite is dead weight if you already have Haxorus. Try Uxie as a lead to lay Rocks down,U-Turn away and cripple something later with Memento. Yawn can be used too as you lack solid phazers.

He's using Cloyster as a Rapid Spinner that deals with Dragons.... What would be a good replacement? Starmie with Ice Beam?

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ahhh yes I agree with Aeromence! Mixmence with Yache outclasses Haxorus like a mother-f**ker.

And yeah Starmie is much better than Cloyster cuz it isn't threatened as much by Magnezone and MixNite and can actually do something to Hydreigon if he runs Timid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)