Mixed Hydreigon team

Well im done with this team so I decided I would post it here to have it rated.

At a Glance:

In Depth:

Naive Nature @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 216 ATK/56 SpA/236 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Flamethrower
~Earthquake
~U-turn

A very unconventional Hydreigon but also very effective, the EVs make
the following offensive stats: 300/300/320 (ATK/SpA/Spe), this is enough to speed to outspeed an unboosted haxorus. The idea is to bait in a heatran and take it out with EQ, after you have taken out something, say rotom, with a draco meteor, most heatran will come in seemingly at no risk then you can OHKO the standard specially defensive heatran with EQ. Flamethrower is here for obvious reasons and U-turn is very handy for scouting and hitting celebi for x4 effective damage. Hydreigon is also a very good switch into a celebi or a rotom and even heatran, unfortunately if you have to switch into heatran then they will suspect that you have something to hit them. One possible change could be to take 80 evs of ATK and invest into SpA because you really miss out on some power for Draco Meteor. Another potential change could be to switch lefties for an expert belt to bluff choice or a life orb for more power although I do prefer getting further away from scizor range then getting closer. Also noteworhty Hydreigon takes about 70-80% from a choice scarf Landorus U-turn and this is a situation I often find myself in as my opponents pokemon.

Adamant Nature @ choice scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 ATK/252 Spe/4 HP
~V-Create
~U-turn
~Brick Break
~Fusion Bolt

This is my Revenge killer, V-Create hits most pokemon very hard 2HKOing many pokemon, even those who resist, From experience i can 2HKO a rotom-w which is a very common switch in, and Thanks to the scarf I will be able to outspeed even after the Drop. U-turn is there to gain switch initiative when possible and the other two moves are to hit Water types and Heatran for super effective damage.

Bold Nature @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/252 DEF/4 SpD
~Scald
~Ice beam
~Toxic spikes
~Rapid Spin

A very Standard Tentacruel, Somewhat a physical wall and my best switch-in to Scizor resisting both of its stabs and taking pitiful damage from superpower and pursuit. The main job of my tentacruel is to Spin away stealth rocks for my Victini, he can set up Toxic Spikes when I feel like it because they are very useful for politoed and TTar. At Full HP I can live banded Dragonites Outrage and then retaliate with x4 super effective ice beam.

Calm Nature @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 DEF
~Giga Drain
~Recover
~Thunder Wave
~Stealth Rock

This is the special defense of my team and my Stealth Rocker. It easily walls most special attackers and many common threats such as Latios, Latias, and Starmie. With most starmies not having ice beam these days they pose no problem and even if they do I can easily take two and retaliate with giga drain, which is also helpful against rotom-w and politoed. Celebi is very handy for taking on the Choice Bluff Latios that the cool kids use, Draco meteor wont even do half after rocks then act appropriately paralyzing, set up rocks or recovering.

Modest Nature @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVS: 176 HP/252 SpA/80 Spe
~Hydro Pump
~Volt Switch
~Hidden Power [Grass]
~Will-O-Wisp

This rotom is not smogon standard, but it is MY standard rotom. It Outspeeds a Gliscor with 4 Spe Evs by 1 point seeing as most gliscors are now fully defensive to take on terrakion effectively. This guy is very good support for a scizor sweep as it provides a Counter to all Water types, Heatran and opposing scizors. Will-O-Wisp burns switch ins and HP grass is obviously for Gastro and Swampert.

Adamant Nature @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 176 HP/252 ATK/80 SpD
~Bullet Punch
~U-Turn
~Superpower
~Pursuit

This a scizor, the Extra Special Defensive Investment is handy at times for living thunderbolts and also for taking dragon attacks. The moveset is fairly standard although I have seen Quick Attack and Bug Bite on occassions. To Be honest there isnt much to say about this, Bullet Punch is "the crux" of this set because it is very useful as a back up revenge killer, after a couple of stealth rock damages I can take out a landorus, and this is the poke that keeps Terrakion in Check who is otherwise a threat to my team.

So that is the team now ill show from experience the threats to my Team:

~Scarfed Landorus is a big problem to my team mostly because it outspeeds my Victini but also it can hurt pretty much everything except my rotom (if it is the expert belt set then it isnt a problem).

~Latias is also a big problem because it can set up on most of my team, and I know I cannot do to much with scizor unless latias is paralyzed. This makes Celebi invaluable to my team, if the latias is packing sub + HP fire he becomes a huge threat and some CM sets even set up reflect so they can take Scizors U-turn.

~Choice Specs Latios is a very big threat just because of its huge damage output and my lack of steel types, celebi cannot switch-in and even scizor gets destroyed by the so-called resisted hit.

So thats all I have, Thank you for taking the time to read it. If you would like to try it out for yourself you are more than welcome. If you could point out any other poke you could think of as a threat, that would be helpful, and if you want to suggest a different poke for my team then please suggest what I should replace. Im not interested in Suggestios for different sets and spreads on my pokes because I am perfectly happy with them. Also do not suggest ape > Victini because that is what I used to run, and I didn't like it.

Cheers for your time!

Since all your serious threats are weak to Ice, I'd switch Rotom's Hidden Power to Ice type. Celebi can dish out massive damage to Gastrodon, and Swampert isn't seen too much anymore anyways. It also gives you help with dealing with Dragonite if Tentacruel can't deal with him due to prior damage.

Okay well hey there

Your team looks very weak to the Scrotom core that all the kids are using now. A simple solution to fix this would be do change Celebi's set to a Nasty Plot boosting sweeper. This would give your team a way to break Scrotom cores easily.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SAtk / 40 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Very standard set here. I think Psychic over any other coverage move is better as it lets you hit Dragonite who is very common in OU. This change helps you handle Scrotom cores more.

Now your team is still weak to Dragons in general and since you dropped Stealth Rocks off of your Celebi I suggest using a Jirachi. Jirachi is an amazing special wall that Latios/Latias will also have trouble beating. I suggest using Jirachi over your Tentacruel.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 42 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
This is a really standard set right here. I do not think I need to explain why this would help you.

One more thing, I do not feel like Victini should used with a Choice Scarf. He is too much Tyranitar bait. T-tar can come in on anything barring the Brick Break or U-Turn and Pursuit you to death. A easy change to this would be to add Terrakion as your scarfer. Terrakion comes with no Stealth Rock weakness or pusuit weakness thus making him a good choice. He is also stronger than Victini and isn't completely ruined by Rain Teams.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

This set is a good replacement to Victini and overall a very good choice scarfer as it can revenge Volcarona, Dragonite, Venasaur. Also this set lacks the unfortunate pursuit weakness that Victini has. Terrakion also makes good use of an opponent's sandstorm which is fairly common.

Overall I hope this rate helped your team.
Summary
-Change Celebi's set to a Nasty Plot Booster
-Use Jirachi over Tentacruel
-Use Terrakion over Victini

I really don't want to seem mean or anything but your team has a huge weakness to Volturn teams which are the most common type in the BW OU metagame. A player can just set up Stealth Rocks and Volturn all over your team as you lack a solid immunity to electric which would stop the momentum they get. Scizor can U-Turn on anything you switch in and then go to Landorus or Rotom-W. I am just saying that I do not think you have extensively played this team if you say you are not troubled by Volturn cores.

I agree with Charlie Scene, try out Scarf Terra, it is a better scarfer for your team.

If you do that, you can replace Tentacruel with somebody like Gastrodon as he can take Draco's from Latios and hit with Ice Beam/Toxic, same with Latias except Ice Beam should be your first priority unless you feel like she doesn't carry Sub, he stops Volt TUrn as Rotom can't touch him for the most part and yeah. It can also check Landorus since, unlike Tenta, can take ONE EQ and strike back, here is a good moveset for you though.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SAtk / 240 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)