SS OU MixChomp + Future sight + vally-fairy

This is the first of my OU teams to actually kinda maybe sorta work. I am quite new and a lot of these are just from the forum and I thought “oooo shiny“ and added them in a way that I thought would have synergy. Mostly I just want ways to improve it.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Surf

This Garchomp set is supposed to lure in stuff like Ferrothorn, Landorus, and other physical walls and kill them. Surf 2HKOs lando and Fire blast hits steel types. EQ and Draco meteor is for STAB. The LO recoil is annoying though, more so than other life orb Pokémon somehow. This is just for wallbreaking and it’s funny to see Ferro come in and stare at the giant fire blast move animation and die.

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- U-turn

So Tapu Koko makes a core with Victini that’s hard to wall. I used to have roost like in the analysis but there really wasn’t space to use it at all and Taunt was superior. The only problem with it is that Tapu Lele makes psychic terrain which takes away electric terrian and therefore the power of Victini’s bolt strike, and Tapu Koko does the same thing for Lele’s future sight.

Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Victini is the victory Pokémon and it definitely pulls it’s weight and more. It attacks with extremely powerful moves that have a lower chance to miss, gains momentum with U-turn, and cripples attackers with Wil-O-Wisp. I feel like it’s just one of those Pokémon who work super well on some teams with some Pokémon and are quite awkward otherwise (Or maybe it’s because I was using banded sets before which just feel really hard to use, would not recommend at all). Good thing this is one of those teams though. I don’t have any problems with using Victini other than the psychic-electric mishmash.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-turn

Lando is Lando is Lando. It sets up rocks for Garchomp and Victini and everyone else to do wallbreaking better. 28 speed IVs is to underspeed Heatran (It’s another random forum set, I don’t know if a different IV would work better but it definitely comes in handy for lando v lando). The thing about landorus though is that sometimes it doesn’t seem to be doing so well because a bunch of physical attackers all carry supereffective coverage and it can be very hard to check Pokémon I want checked. The role compression is quite important however. It getting worn down isn’t too big a problem because this team‘s gameplay is quite fast and I only need it for rocks and checking a few threats along the way but when it does get worn down when I need it is very annoying.

Silvally Psychic (Silvally-Fairy) @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Another set from forums (I forgot who this was from, I think they were doing a silvally project trying to get one of the forms in C tier and researching) and this one is working really well! It gains momentum with parting shot, cripples with toxic and thunder wave and can even take something down with Multi-Attack (Though it only does much against pokes who are weak to it, most of the time I’m just status and out, or just out). It functions as a decent check to pult and Weavile, also pivots in (And out) of other Pokémon it can wall, generally being a huge nuisance to the opponent (Who probably doesn’t even know Silvally’s movepool). There have been games where Silvally just basically won me the whole thing by getting everyone else into position. Honestly I’m surprised it isn’t on the rankings already. The name is just me trying to be cheeky. I don’t think I’ve fooled anyone yet but that doesn’t stop me from trying! I probably would have if showdown didn’t insist on having the name of the actual Pokémon in big bold letters every time I send it out. Damn you smogon :(

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Future Sight
- Thunderbolt

Choice Scarf Lele provides speed control and it likes steel types getting destroyed by Garchomp. Psyshock is chosen over Psychic due to a deep, personal hatred of Blissey. Future sight gives more opportunities for the other members of this team to kill other members of someone else’s team. Thunderbolt provides coverage but I haven’t clicked it in any of my games so far so I should probably use something else. I don’t know if another Pokémon might be better but I feel like maybe it would be.

The psyhic/electric terrian problem is a problem but I wonder if it’s worth a Telepathy Lele. Probably not though.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Alrighty let’s see. First off a special Garchomp is pretty useless when it learns Aqua Tail and Fire Fang anyway. If you aren’t interested in running SD you can even go Band on it with EQ/Scale Shot/Aqua Tail/Fire Fang but SD is a big part of what makes Chomp good. Your choice.

Big things here are you lack a Defogger and bulky Steel. Let’s swap something for Corviknight, maybe Koko? I’d say it’s contributing the least to the team as a whole. And you don’t really need 3 fairies.

And finally let’s swap Silvally for the superior bulky Fairy, Clefable. Sure you lose Parting Shot, but you get recovery, Magic Guard, and an item. I’m using an offensive Life Orb variant and it works quite well.

Pokepaste

Alrighty let’s see. First off a special Garchomp is pretty useless when it learns Aqua Tail and Fire Fang anyway. If you aren’t interested in running SD you can even go Band on it with EQ/Scale Shot/Aqua Tail/Fire Fang but SD is a big part of what makes Chomp good. Your choice.
I kind of agree Special Garchomp is very weird. I think Outrage is the best move to him and it's physical

Everything Xenon said I would recommend, I was just thinking you might want to replace future sight with shadow ball on the lele, do you have a calc for how well the silvally is taking shadow ball from specs pult? Just a thought

Last edited:
Maybe in advanced generations isn't good because of Fairy type, but before Fairy type was just needed one Sword Dance and a Outrage to vanish the enemy team. If you put the Lum Berry become even more sweet.

Well we are talking about the latest released generation, gen 8 so scale shot Is preferred over outrage

Big things here are you lack a Defogger and bulky Steel. Let’s swap something for Corviknight, maybe Koko? I’d say it’s contributing the least to the team as a whole. And you don’t really need 3 fairies.

And finally let’s swap Silvally for the superior bulky Fairy, Clefable. Sure you lose Parting Shot, but you get recovery, Magic Guard, and an item. I’m using an offensive Life Orb variant and it works quite well.

Pokepaste
Aqua tail is less accurate than Surf and Fire fang does far less damage than fire blast on important targets. The argument about SD being a big part of making Garchomp good is true though, I might test that. A defogger isn’t necessary on every team and this one is supposed to be very fast so I wouldn’t want an ultra passive Pokémon like Corviknight here. That’s also why I have boots on the two main offensive Pokémon. As for swapping Silvally out for Clefable, no. No item isn’t great but you don’t take much from knock off at all and Parting shot is big compared to Teleport on Clef because clef seems to get constantly forced out once it stops checking what it needs to check with no opportunities to use Teleport. I might be using the move wrong but that’s just my experience with it. Parting shot, on the other hand, easily gets momentum when Pokémon try to come in and weakens them to become easier prey for your teammates. TW and toxic are learned by clef too but if you were to use clef like this (Moonblast, teleport, TW, toxic) you would not have recovery which is a big reason to use Clefable over Silvally. I don’t find Silvally getting worn down to be too big an issue (Though it is annoying to not have recovery, not gonna lie) because of the fast paced nature of this team and the fact that it’s designed to weaken and cripple anything that comes in its way and pivot out so that it’s teammates take advantage. Also, clefable’s stats are just straight up worse than Silvally‘s so you cant even say it’s bulkier. Clefable is a good Pokémon but it fits better on teams that are not this one.

Everything Xenon said I would recommend, I was just thinking you might want to replace future sight with shadow ball on the lele, do you have a calc for how well the silvally is taking shadow ball from specs pult? Just a thought
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Silvally-Fairy: 153-180 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (153, 154, 156, 157, 159, 162, 163, 165, 166, 168, 171, 172, 174, 175, 177, 180)

Edit: Also 16% chance to 2HKO after rocks, pult also dies to Multi-attack

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
(please don’t double post)

I concede your point about Silvally (although I think either Thunder Wave or Toxic should be replaced with Defog or coverage like Psychic Fangs for Pex or Heat Wave/Flamethrower for Ferro), and although I still recommend Corv it’s at least reasonable to go without it, but I still see no reason to use mixed Chomp. You’re trading a good deal of power on all your moves, Swords Dance, and the Speed boosting Scale Shot provides for a less accurate Fire move (the extra power barely matters bc the one thing your Fire move is meant to target is Ferro which Fire Fang OHKOs after a SD anyway) and slightly more accurate Water move?

Last edited:
Major Changes
:garchomp: -> :urshifu-rapid-strike:
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Protective Pads
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- U-turn
- Bulk Up

the mixed Garchomp set used in the team is pretty strange. It’s point is to kill Lando-T and Ferrothorn, but after you kill these mons Garchomp becomes useless. With life orb, no leftovers, no swords dance, no physical attack investment the mon becomes death fodder. Urshifu Rapid Strike does what you want to do better, as it far more reliably kills Ferrothorn and Lando-T while still being useful later in the game. The set i’ve posted uses protective pads over choice band in order to help against ferrothorn’s iron barbs, zapdos static, volcarona flame body etc. With Bulk Up, you can set up to clean lategame. A single bulk up makes you as strong as CB Urshifu. Urshifu can also pivot with U-Turn, and is more powerful than Special Garchomp (359 Atk vs garchomps’s 259 Sp.Atk). Urshifu appreciates Tapu Lele’s Future Sight and Lele’s ability to kill Slowbro, Toxapex and other bulky waters.
Removing Garchomp isnt too detrimental anyways, as you have a Landorus-T to deal with electrics/physical attackers.

:silvally-fairy: -> :clefable:
:sm/Clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
- Toxic/Thunder Wave

I agree with XenonHero on this change. Silvally-Fairy has essentially no recovery, no ability, and no item. Running both Thunder Wave and Toxic on a mon is really redundant. The only area i think it could be useful was if you had a Hex user like dragapult. While Clefable does have less bulk than Silvally, Clefable has recovery, a useful ability and leftovers. Magic Guard means you have the perfect switch-in to status moves, and an immunity to hazards, both of which wear Silvally down. Silvally’s lack of recovery + inability to deal with chip damage makes it not very good in OU. Multi-attack has strong base power, but being a contact move, it hates ferrothorn/rocky helmet/zapdos etc. which makes Clefable’s moonblast slightly better. Parting shot seems to be the only worthwhile reason to try and keep Silvally in the team.
Clefable is mostly just a better Silvally-Fairy, so making this change would have no detrimental effect on the team.
Move 4 - Toxic/Thunder wave
I would run Thunder Wave to help slow down faster mons like Weavile/Dragapult/Tornadus-Therian and because lando already has toxic, but you can use toxic for helping to break down walls for other mons to sweep.

Minor Changes
:tapu-koko:
- Discharge -> Thunderbolt
I think you’re running Discharge here for the 30% Paralyze chance, but thunderbolt’s tiny extra power could be better in some situations. Discharge generally works better on bulkier mons like Zapdos, but feel free to run it because these calcs are usually unlikely because the mon wouldve taken atleast some chip beforehand.
252 SpA Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro in Electric Terrain: 330-390 (83.9 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro in Electric Terrain: 372-438 (94.6 - 111.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-Therian in Electric Terrain: 300-354 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-Therian in Electric Terrain: 338-398 (93.3 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 168-200 (48.8 - 58.1%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 188-224 (54.6 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:victini:
- Will-O-Wisp -> Glaciate
Glaciate helps if you can predict a switch into Landorus/Garchomp, softening them up a little to then kill with V-Create. Victini loses speed when it uses V-Create, so by using Glaciate you aren’t forced to switch out of Lando or Tank Garchomp as you outspeed and kill.
You could also run Zen Headbutt because its boosted by psychic terrain.
0- SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 204-244 (53.4 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 196-232 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:tapu-lele:
Thunderbolt -> Focus Blast
Focus Blast is not always reliable, but Lele being able to kill or deal damage to stuff like Ferrothorn, Heatran, Bisharp, Melmetal, Weavile is nice. Most electric-weak pokemon in the metagame take as much if not more damage from your STAB Psychic Terrain Psyshock than Thunderbolt anyways.

Aqua tail is less accurate than Surf and Fire fang does far less damage than fire blast on important targets. The argument about SD being a big part of making Garchomp good is true though
I think the only think good in a mix Garchomp is to take the enemy by surprise. Anyone is never expecting a special Garchomp.

okay, so you take them by surprise. how do you take advantage of that surprise?
Since it is a mix pokémon, it will broke any Wobbufet.
If the enemy realize it is a Special Garchomp it can trade it's pokémon for a Blissey (who have a great SDEF), but it is a mix Garchomp and can Earthquacke a Blissey away.
Also, if the enemy don't know if the Garchomp is special or physical, he can switch for a Stelix who have a great DEF, and receive a Fire Blast or Surf who can kill him.

But still, I prefer my Garchomp physical too.

(please don’t double post)

I concede your point about Silvally (although I think either Thunder Wave or Toxic should be replaced with Defog or coverage like Psychic Fangs for Pex or Heat Wave/Flamethrower for Ferro), and although I still recommend Corv it’s at least reasonable to go without it, but I still see no reason to use mixed Chomp. You’re trading a good deal of power on all your moves, Swords Dance, and the Speed boosting Scale Shot provides for a less accurate Fire move (the extra power barely matters bc the one thing your Fire move is meant to target is Ferro which Fire Fang OHKOs after a SD anyway) and slightly more accurate Water move?
Silvally loses to pretty much every rocks/spikes setter that isn’t Garchomp though so I feel like that wouldn’t be ideal, the coverage thing is true though and I think that could help massively with Silvally‘s problems about being helpless to do anything but pivot on common Pokémon, I’ve just been finding it hard to decide what it should be or coverage that hits hard enough on targets I want to hit so any ideas would be appreciated, I think I’ll try flamethrower first (maybe I could use a -speed nature to avoid power decrease for special moves). I am testing SD chomp to see if it would work better.

Major Changes
:garchomp: -> :urshifu-rapid-strike:
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Protective Pads
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- U-turn
- Bulk Up

the mixed Garchomp set used in the team is pretty strange. It’s point is to kill Lando-T and Ferrothorn, but after you kill these mons Garchomp becomes useless. With life orb, no leftovers, no swords dance, no physical attack investment the mon becomes death fodder. Urshifu Rapid Strike does what you want to do better, as it far more reliably kills Ferrothorn and Lando-T while still being useful later in the game. The set i’ve posted uses protective pads over choice band in order to help against ferrothorn’s iron barbs, zapdos static, volcarona flame body etc. With Bulk Up, you can set up to clean lategame. A single bulk up makes you as strong as CB Urshifu. Urshifu can also pivot with U-Turn, and is more powerful than Special Garchomp (359 Atk vs garchomps’s 259 Sp.Atk). Urshifu appreciates Tapu Lele’s Future Sight and Lele’s ability to kill Slowbro, Toxapex and other bulky waters.
Removing Garchomp isnt too detrimental anyways, as you have a Landorus-T to deal with electrics/physical attackers.

:silvally-fairy: -> :clefable:
:sm/Clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
- Toxic/Thunder Wave

I agree with XenonHero on this change. Silvally-Fairy has essentially no recovery, no ability, and no item. Running both Thunder Wave and Toxic on a mon is really redundant. The only area i think it could be useful was if you had a Hex user like dragapult. While Clefable does have less bulk than Silvally, Clefable has recovery, a useful ability and leftovers. Magic Guard means you have the perfect switch-in to status moves, and an immunity to hazards, both of which wear Silvally down. Silvally’s lack of recovery + inability to deal with chip damage makes it not very good in OU. Multi-attack has strong base power, but being a contact move, it hates ferrothorn/rocky helmet/zapdos etc. which makes Clefable’s moonblast slightly better. Parting shot seems to be the only worthwhile reason to try and keep Silvally in the team.
Clefable is mostly just a better Silvally-Fairy, so making this change would have no detrimental effect on the team.
Move 4 - Toxic/Thunder wave
I would run Thunder Wave to help slow down faster mons like Weavile/Dragapult/Tornadus-Therian and because lando already has toxic, but you can use toxic for helping to break down walls for other mons to sweep.

Minor Changes
:tapu-koko:
- Discharge -> Thunderbolt
I think you’re running Discharge here for the 30% Paralyze chance, but thunderbolt’s tiny extra power could be better in some situations. Discharge generally works better on bulkier mons like Zapdos, but feel free to run it because these calcs are usually unlikely because the mon wouldve taken atleast some chip beforehand.
252 SpA Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro in Electric Terrain: 330-390 (83.9 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro in Electric Terrain: 372-438 (94.6 - 111.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-Therian in Electric Terrain: 300-354 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-Therian in Electric Terrain: 338-398 (93.3 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 168-200 (48.8 - 58.1%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 188-224 (54.6 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:victini:
- Will-O-Wisp -> Glaciate
Glaciate helps if you can predict a switch into Landorus/Garchomp, softening them up a little to then kill with V-Create. Victini loses speed when it uses V-Create, so by using Glaciate you aren’t forced to switch out of Lando or Tank Garchomp as you outspeed and kill.
You could also run Zen Headbutt because its boosted by psychic terrain.
0- SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 204-244 (53.4 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 196-232 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:tapu-lele:
Thunderbolt -> Focus Blast
Focus Blast is not always reliable, but Lele being able to kill or deal damage to stuff like Ferrothorn, Heatran, Bisharp, Melmetal, Weavile is nice. Most electric-weak pokemon in the metagame take as much if not more damage from your STAB Psychic Terrain Psyshock than Thunderbolt anyways.
I already explained why I chose silvally so I won’t spend time on that. I really like your post due to how straightforward and informative it is. Yeah I realise now Discharge was missing out on more than I thought it would and some games I am narrowly missing KOs. I don’t like using 70% accurate, especially focus blast but a 10% chance to ko a target is better than 0% so I’ll go with that. And I’ll try Urshifu-Rapid. Wil-O-Wisp is also useful if you predict a switch into Landorus/Garchomp and is better into tons of other things but I’ll try Zen Headbutt

Use an en-dash ( – ) in the name and it'll be more convincing
I can’t use an en-dash because showdown does not let you name a Pokémon after another Pokémon. (You can’t name a Garchomp ”Skitty” for example. If I use the nickname Silvally-Psychic, it’s auto set to Silvally.

I can’t use an en-dash because showdown does not let you name a Pokémon after another Pokémon. (You can’t name a Garchomp ”Skitty” for example. If I use the nickname Silvally-Psychic, it’s auto set to Silvally.
hyphens are different from en-dashes (you can see this difference in my previous post!). give it a try

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)