Suspect Mix and Mega Suspect: Eternatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by chlo
:ss/eternatus:
Heya, the Mix and Mega council has voted to suspect Eternatus. Eternatus has recently been highlighted as an issue by many players due to its exceptional coverage and high Speed tier, making it difficult for teams to adequately pressure it. Access to recovery and a large HP stat only furthers this pressure, making Eternatus frustratingly difficult to break for offensive Pokemon - it being able to switch into and get opportunities to attack from a few of the major ones like Regieleki and non-howl Entei, and allows it to tank weaker super effective hits from Pokemon like Earthquake Ho-Oh. The access to perfect coverage in 3 moves does not help Pokemon deal with Eternatus any easier, as it makes resisting its hits very difficult, and even if Pokemon can avoid 2HKOs from Eternatus, such as Milotic and Ho-Oh, Eternatus punishes back passive switch-ins with frequent Sludge Bomb poisons, effectively killing off these targets if they wish to continue to check Eternatus. Additionally, Eternatus has a bunch of techs up its sleeve that allow it to punish certain switch-ins, like Cosmic Power and Meteor Beam.

With Eternatus being a fairly fast Pokemon, it is capable of outspeeding many otherwise relevant offensive checks like Groudon, Landorus-Therian and Lucarionite Zygarde. Thunder Wave users like Magearna and Ho-Oh have also started to emerge in response to Eternatus, being able to tank any one hit and fire back paralysis. There are also solid checks, like Solgaleo, Slowking-Galar, Heatran, Bulk Up Venusaurite Corviknight, Rhyperior, and SpD Hippowdon that are capable of avoiding a 2HKO from its STABs, and either OHKOing or taking little damage from Flamethrower.. Additionally, Eternatus really needs Life Orb to get the 2HKO benchmarks that make it so devastating, so exploiting the fact that most Eternatus are Life Orb is fairly easy if you can force Eternatus to recover often, by using offensive Pokemon that are capable of seriously damaging or outright OHKOing Eternatus. Few Pokemon that are currently viable are unable to damage Eternatus without an alternative punish like Knock Off, so keeping your offensive momentum is a great way to deal with Eternatus if you don't have the space to run an explicit counter.

With this in mind, the pressure put out by Eternatus may be deemed unhealthy by many. But to answer just how restrictive Eternatus is, we have decided to host a suspect test to determine Eternatus' overall health in the metagame.

Requirements:

Requirements can be achieved by getting 82 GXE with 30 games, down to 78 GXE with 50 games on the Mix and Mega ladder. In order to participate in the suspect, you must create a fresh alt (creation date no earlier than 21 February 2022) with the prefix METER at the start of the name. When you have obtained the reqs, make sure to post proof of your alt's record (generally a screenshot) in this thread, and if you wish to do so, you can also share your thoughts on the test here.
Code:
Meter Suspect- ✓
Me Terrific - ✓
KiloMeter - ✗
GXEminimum games

The deadline for this suspect will be just over two weeks from now, concluding on March 6th at 11:59 PM GMT +0 (6:59 PM EST).

Voting:
Once the suspect period is over, everyone who has obtained reqs will be tagged by Ransei. They will then outline a process of blind voting, which will be clarified once the time arrives. For now, follow the above "Requirements" subheading to ensure that you have posted your reqs correctly. You must post on this thread in order to be tagged in the voting thread, however you do not need to include your vote on this thread.

A super-majority of 60% ban votes is required for Eternatus to be banned from the metagame.

TL;DR:
- Eternatus is allowed on the ladder during the suspect test
- The GXE requirement is 82 and the minimum game count is 30, down to a minimum of 78 after 50 games
- You must ladder on a newly-created alt using the prefix METER
- You must post your reqs in this thread, though the voting process will happen in a separate thread. You are not required to state your vote in this thread.
- The suspect test will conclude at 11:59pm GMT +1 (6:59pm EST) on Sunday, March 6th.
- A ban vote of 60% is required to remove Eternatus from the metagame.

1645666324740.png

Confirming as meterl.

Used a stall build that I edited throughout the run. Most of the run was CM Venusaurite Solgaleo carrying me (with the only loss I could understand from this account being the time I dropped it and loaded into Genesect without a counter), this felt especially good after losing most of my games because I ended up using a HO that tended to lose to webs. Shoutouts DerpyBoi for enduring every loss I gave out to you, good luck for your 30-0 run!

View attachment 408913
Confirming as meterl.

Used a stall build that I edited throughout the run. Most of the run was CM Venusaurite Solgaleo carrying me (with the only loss I could understand from this account being the time I dropped it and loaded into Genesect without a counter), this felt especially good after losing most of my games because I ended up using a HO that tended to lose to webs. Shoutouts DerpyBoi for enduring every loss I gave out to you, good luck for your 30-0 run!
“Best served when frozen”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)