Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

FINALLY. BLOCK OF REDSTONE. Man I have been waiting for this since beta 1.4 when they announced a new redstone thing was coming out I expected a redstone block but it turned out to be repeaters. I don't really know how blocks of redstone would be used in circuits and stuff but I am just excited to use it as decoration ^_^

The Hopper WIP thing looks interesting too and I'm looking forward to its completion
Alternating input. The block will send a signal that will be relayed over a bit of time to a sticky piston, which will push it into another path, which will remove the input from the sticky piston (eventually).

there's been a patch of mycelium right outside spawn next to the sheep farm for a while...
that was mine and i took it down along with the admittedly ugly (slave) villager trade route to jio's place. i've got like 20 blocks of it so i'll trade it for ice/glass. on the subject of villagers though, i'm thinking about full-fledged villager farm in the swamp since i GUESS nobody's in there. it'd be neat to have an organized villager transport system to go with a railway station at spawn.....

also where are you guys building a railway station at spawn/are you building a railway station at spawn? i will gladly donate redstone/gold/iron for a worthy cause such as this.

edit: oh yeah and whose walkway is that in the swamp/where does it go to?

If you are talking about the visually unappealing stone brick thing, that leads to Megados' castle.
I know it is ugly now but it's just the bones. I will make it visually appealing later, Al's most of it is in ocean biome that no one will ever live in. It goes pretty far so if you would like to connect the railway from spawn to it then that would be great. Please do not remove it, if you musst tell me to move it.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Train tracks should be underground, so yes please move it.

Also the train station is going to be the basement of the big central spawn building. It was Oli's design so he should be working on it (or tell me so that I can find someone else to build it).

That being said, if you have a "town", let me know so I can design rail lines and strategically place stations around. Right now the only towns I know of are spawn, bbc, and that as-of-yet unnamed town that has cassie/jio/dawoof/wolfie/gec/lucario or whoever.

Okay, there's another town called "Seashore City" quite close to spawn, coordinates are:

x 600 y 63 z 232

Anyway, it's a place to build a house with building regulations set in place. So far, lechips11 (me) and megad0s have built their houses, hydrattler and furosuto have WIP houses, and mikedecishere has reserved a spot to build the house.

I'll post screenshots later.

Ten right now I'm away frome home but when I get back I will start to remove it, however would it be ok to leave the part that is close to my base and the large section that is in the ocean biome? I'm fairly sure that not many people are going to build there but if I must I will take that away to

That being said, if you have a "town", let me know so I can design rail lines and strategically place stations around. Right now the only towns I know of are spawn, bbc, and that as-of-yet unnamed town that has cassie/jio/dawoof/wolfie/gec/lucario or whoever.
HC and I are making Borogoves Memorial Island, but I don't know if that'll be considered a "town" or not.

Okay I guess I should post these:

First up, a nice little shot of my house. It's basically a storage room lol, and I've added more chests since I took this screenshot.

Here's a nice little screenshot of the town, where you can see the well, Megados Surfin Beach Shack, and my WIP railway. You can also see the dock, where I need to add boats.

Here's an overview of the village, also showing the start of Hydrattler's house, Mikedecishere's house base, and the fishing stand.

And here's another image with the handsome lechips11 gazing into the camera.

Keep in mind that this village is completely WIP. Also, these screenshots were taken before Furosuto built part of his house. You're free to build here if you like; everybody is welcome. Just ask me (lechips11), and I'll build your house template. There are building regulations posted at the entrance to the village, so make sure to read those first. ;)

Once again, the coordinates are

x 600 y 63 z 232, which is a 2 minute run from spawn.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so if anyone has had this random chunk error happen to them let me know and I can creative fix it for you with some help from you on what is missing.

We had one right in the spawn dome which has resulted in new dome pathways due to a small biome change right under a leaf path.

Sorry for posting here again, I want to just say something. I've set myself a task of collecting as many Emeralds I can, without using villagers. To get these emeralds, I'll have to mine, or trade with other members. I've decided to become a villager myself, and so am offering to trade any of the items listed below for 1 emerald:

4 Diamonds (although I like to keep at least 64 diamonds just in case)
4 stacks of redstone
1 stack of gold
1 stack of iron
10 lapis blocks
10 stacks of cobble
an enchanted book (of your choice. keep in mind I might not have the one you want)

that's it for now, but I'll edit in more trades later. Once again, I apologise for the number of times I've posted in this thread recently.

EDIT: I was a little too generous haha

Ok so if anyone has had this random chunk error happen to them let me know and I can creative fix it for you with some help from you on what is missing.

We had one right in the spawn dome which has resulted in new dome pathways due to a small biome change right under a leaf path.
alright then. Coords are in top right corner ;) thnx layell.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The co-ordinates of my house are roughly -20, 64, 200. There's a rail link connecting to my house and the rest of cassie/jio/woof's village at 173, 48, 265, if you want to connect us up to the underground railroad.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I decided to start a small shop to sell enchanted books and stuff. Please read the sheet where it has the pricing guide. I would obviously prefer diamonds as it allows me to enchant more items and then sell those. Here's the link for those who are interested: http://goo.gl/icpg3

The prices are in my opinion reasonable, and the benefit for you guys is that you guarantee the enchant you want for no hassle. I'm going to be constantly adding more things as I keep enchanting, so if there isn't anything that you want right now, wait and there might be. First come first serve etc, get at me via vm or shout at me on the server.

Edit: already made 3 sales within 15 minutes of posting so get em while they're hot!

The ground caves in from around your feet.
Against a fearsome opponent, you have to compete,
With one swift swipe you bring your foe to doom,
Get ready kids; spleef is comin' soon.

So yeah, I decided to make a spleef court, and it's coming along nicely, although not finished in the slightness (I'm around 70% finished, I guess). If anybody wants to help build, just ask me, and I can recruit. The ceiling is my biggest problem, as I just don't know how to make it, or what to do. If anybody wants to donate snow blocks, stone bricks, or glass, be my guest :)

It's situated near Seashore City, you can see it in the background haha

The ground caves in from around your feet.
Against a fearsome opponent, you have to compete,
With one swift swipe you bring your foe to doom,
Get ready kids; spleef is comin' soon.

So yeah, I decided to make a spleef court, and it's coming along nicely, although not finished in the slightness (I'm around 70% finished, I guess). If anybody wants to help build, just ask me, and I can recruit. The ceiling is my biggest problem, as I just don't know how to make it, or what to do. If anybody wants to donate snow blocks, stone bricks, or glass, be my guest :)

It's situated near Seashore City, you can see it in the background haha
Eagle, when I have time later on, I'll see if I can help you out there. I'd love help making the spleef arena!

After 16 hours of getting resources and building, the spleef arena is finally finished:

Now, people can't really play spleef yet unless we have at least 2 silk touch 1 spades. If you have a spade with a silk touch enchantment only (although if it has unbreaking that's fine), then please give it to me (lechips11), and I'll give you 5 diamonds in return. Feel free to VM me if you have any questions.

Afterwards, get spleefing! Coordinates:

z 226

So a 3 minute jog from spawn, situated near seashore city :D

183708. That's the number of blocks.

Haste II + Efficiency V. Mines Stone like Sugarcane.

The area is 81x81x28; I didn't mine above 32 because there's no Gold above that, and 81x81 is the area that the Beacon works its magic in.

I did this mainly for Iron, Gold and Diamond, but now that I see the room, something has to be made out of it, of course. I thought about some sort of Arena, using the void fog as a design element, but I'm not sure yet.
Suggestions please! :)

Oh, and:

<3

Typically, Spleef games take place in a stadium, or elevated surface which consists of a generally large platform of blocks, known as the Spleef block. The platform is usually surrounded by a building for people to spectate.
The goal is to destroy blocks on the platform near or under the opponent to cause them to fall, while avoiding suffering that fate yourself. Those who fall from the platform lose the round, and can fall into a pit, lava, or many other cruel fates designed by the stadium constructors. Creating blocks during the playing of Spleef is not usually allowed, except in variations. The time Spleef matches take depends on the size of the stadium, and Spleef can be played individually or on teams.
- the wiki

The co-ordinates of my house are roughly -20, 64, 200. There's a rail link connecting to my house and the rest of cassie/jio/woof's village at 173, 48, 265, if you want to connect us up to the underground railroad.

cool now how about finishing that house in BBC

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When my exams are over in a week or so -_- I sware I've spent 75% of my waking life in the library recently...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)