Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Xbox Live Arcade Minecraft!
Just letting everyone know if they didn't hear. But I personally can't comment yet because my Xbox refused to let me purchase more Microsoft points for the time being

New snapshot is out - Cocoa Plants now grow on jungle wood and drop Cocoa Beans when harvested. Pretty cool.

Also, I feel like 1.3 will bring a lot of focus on Jungle Biomes - if you want to grab some Cocoa Plants / Beans or Jungle Saplings, please don't take them from the Jungle island where I build my Temple; that's the island in the South-West corner of the map. I have some pretty big plans for this, but I don't want anyone to see it before I'm done with the project. Only very few people have been there, and I'd like to keep it that way for now. Once it's open to everyone, I'll build a rail to Pale Pass (because it's moderately close) so you can access it from there.

Trust me, Jungletown is gonna be awesome. ;)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
New snapshot is out - Cocoa Plants now grow on jungle wood and drop Cocoa Beans when harvested. Pretty cool.

Also, I feel like 1.3 will bring a lot of focus on Jungle Biomes - if you want to grab some Cocoa Plants / Beans or Jungle Saplings, please don't take them from the Jungle island where I build my Temple; that's the island in the South-West corner of the map. I have some pretty big plans for this, but I don't want anyone to see it before I'm done with the project. Only very few people have been there, and I'd like to keep it that way for now. Once it's open to everyone, I'll build a rail to Pale Pass (because it's moderately close) so you can access it from there.

Trust me, Jungletown is gonna be awesome. ;)
As soon as the server updates to 1.3 I'll be building a semi-automatic cocoa farm at spawn/newer haven, design seen here: http://imgur.com/a/zHmXx#0. It works by dropping a curtain of water onto the plants, which harvests them. Full grown (brown) plants yield I think 2-4 beans, while partially grown yield 1.

Edit: as a warning for those of you who want Minecraft on the 360 for split screen: if you don't have an HDTV/HDMI cable, you are unable to play local splitscreen.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You have like the only jungle on the server and you expect people not to get some cats?

Anyways if people are coming here considering the xbox version I can honestly say you could get more mileage out of the PC version and finding a cool server (like ours). Although playing with younger siblings and the like it might be better to get the console version but my brother and I set up a local server no problem when we both got copies.

Also the PC version has a ton of other features, it's almost as bad as TF2 for xbox and PC.

Basically everything you take for granted in MC is gone in the Xbox version. Not really worth it until some more features are added, imo

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Basically everything you take for granted in MC is gone in the Xbox version. Not really worth it until some more features are added, imo
There is still wonderful old terrain generator, old seeds like glacier and 404 should still work.

EDIT: @vonFielder yes, no hunger.

You have like the only jungle on the server and you expect people not to get some cats?
I seriously didn't know that. That changes things, of course - feel free to use the Nether portal I set up for easy jungle access if you want a Cat or Cocoa Plants, but please don't destroy any trees or other blocks.

Also, the Nether portal brings you right to the above ground part of the Temple - be careful when it's nighttime, you might get a Creeper visitor and I don't want anything to get destroyed. Also, the underground part is, like I said, not finished, so please do not swim down the golden well. I don't want the surprise spoiled.

This game is awesome. There's a hell of a lot I still haven't touched or figured out, like if I can create a manmade island in the middle of the sea or if that squid is going to kill me, but I'm enjoying finding things out as I go along. One question I want answered though: Is any material unbreakable when used in picaxes and things? And do the higher level material gain longevity?

This game is awesome. There's a hell of a lot I still haven't touched or figured out, like if I can create a manmade island in the middle of the sea or if that squid is going to kill me, but I'm enjoying finding things out as I go along. One question I want answered though: Is any material unbreakable when used in picaxes and things? And do the higher level material gain longevity?
nothing is unbreakable; however, tools can be enchanted to where they break more slowly...and too much of a noob to understand the latter question.

p.s. hi, i'm a new guy that's been running around the server for the past week :p, making my first post here.

nothing is unbreakable; however, tools can be enchanted to where they break more slowly...and too much of a noob to understand the latter question.

p.s. hi, i'm a new guy that's been running around the server for the past week :p, making my first post here.
Bedrock technically should be unbreakable, but that's besides the point...also I don't believe you can break like Obsidian at all using low grade tools like wood right?

Bedrock technically should be unbreakable, but that's besides the point...also I don't believe you can break like Obsidian at all using low grade tools like wood right?
Zacchaeus was asking if there was a type of tool that didn't break. Also it should be noted that he's playing on Xbox, so he's playing in Beta 1.6.6 (so stuff like enchanting isn't available to him).

Here's the wiki page about tool durability, should answer your question. Biggest thing to know is don't make gold tools, they're actually worse than wood tools. You should consider bookmarking the wiki actually, it's a tremendous resource.

Zacchaeus was asking if there was a type of tool that didn't break. Also it should be noted that he's playing on Xbox, so he's playing in Beta 1.6.6 (so stuff like enchanting isn't available to him).

Here's the wiki page about tool durability, should answer your question. Biggest thing to know is don't make gold tools, they're actually worse than wood tools. You should consider bookmarking the wiki actually, it's a tremendous resource.
Ah, definitely misread that lol (I blame it being a Friday night).

So out of curiosity on the xbox version, how's it playing so far? Granted I have no need for it, but still kinda curious, I know some friends I could bug into playing it on that.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would invite everyone to come over to Cobalt Cape via the Oho line to check out our ever expanding library and wacky collection of books, I've saved some old ones from the enchanting room and past server and with tennis I've added many new ones too.

There's a problem with the map border.

A part of my Jungle island is cut off because the border is at z=1908 instead of the planned z=2000. forks, could you move it back ~100 blocks so I can fully use the island? I actually had plans with this beach.

From what I have seen, there are very few places where the border differs from 2000, and in those places it is either 1900 or 2100.

Diamond Hunt

I have hidden diamonds in chests around Smogcraft. If you find one, you may keep it.

Hints:
- There are four chests around spawn, and two chests each in Oho Oasis, Pale Pass, Lotus Village, and New New Haven.
- No chests are buried, meaning you should be able to take a diamond without removing blocks.
- No chests are hidden in private homes.
- No two chests are hidden in exactly the same way.

If you find a diamond, please tell me so that I can hide another one. Also, make sure you logblock the chest before you take the diamond. If it doesn't say Drunk_Monk put it there, then please don't take it. Happy hunting!

EDIT: Those who have access to creative should not play; it creates an unfair advantage over other players. Plus, they don't actually need to diamonds.

EDIT: There is now one chest in each of Ber Durad, Kansopolis, and Bison Marsh.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Following Drunk_Monk's lead, I have hidden 20 stacks of gravel in every single chest on the server.

Happy hunting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)