Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

I've sort of given up playing minecraft until the server is back up and running. But on a side note, different coloured planks sounds pretty fun. Can't wait to see what they look like.

I've sort of given up playing minecraft until the server is back up and running. But on a side note, different coloured planks sounds pretty fun. Can't wait to see what they look like.
In my opinion, they look quite ugly. I've only seen pictures, so I'll have to wait until I'm ingame.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it is a good change imo, but disappointing to see the nice dark wood become such boring planks

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
bastards, I actually liked being able to strategically go down low =(

also i love oak/pine wood and birch/jungle planks (oho just got a lot prettier i think)

I'd assume all wood will stick around in the default texture, especially since their's no data value for which type of plank is which in 1.2.3.

I cannot wait for these differently coloured planks. Absolutely loving the birch planks; I've always wanted to be able to use light coloured wooden planks without resorting to texture packs. Jungle planks look pretty cool as well with the slight red tinge. It's a shame that the pine planks do look a bit dull, but perhaps they work well with certain combinations. I'm thinking it'd be a good block to mix with other dark or grey blocks such as stone and its variations.

Also expect the server to be on 1.2.4 much quicker and smoother than 1.2.3 ... I had to completely whipe it to get it running decently again so there mustve been something wrong deep down in the files..

server is now officially back online (but on 1.2.3)

i've just looked up devs build for 1.2.4 and there have been quite a few so i'm thinking of updating the server monday/tuesday as i don't have the time untill then

If you have any homes in Lotus Village, do make 'em presentable, because I'll probably go around to record it either later today or tomorrow!

I'm giving away a completely unused Unbreaking III Efficiency IV Diamond Pickaxe, and I want Gold for it. Ore, Ingots, or Blocks. Screw nuggets.

PM me your offers, and whoever offers the most Gold gets the Pickaxe.

If you have any homes in Lotus Village, do make 'em presentable, because I'll probably go around to record it either later today or tomorrow!
I haven't been on in forever, but if my Pokeball is still there, feel free to go in and visit :D

The new Cave Spider Grinder is freaking awesome. Takes around an hour to get from 0 to 50.

I already got another Unbreaking III Efficiency IV Pickaxe,
and with the next attempt, I recieved Fortune III Unbreaking III Efficiency IV. Awesomeness.

Another part of Pale Pass is complete! still so much to do >.> moving right along.... (=P)
lights off.

Lights on.

as to what else happens when the lights come on aswell as how to turn them on? Cant give away everything now can i? =P mabye you can figure it out, if you can first GET to the shrine =P

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys I had an interesting idea that might show how well we all work together. I propose a day maybe some time in the summer where we set up a temporary new map on hard mode with the goal of finding a stronghold, getting into the End and slaying the dragon. Ideally we would have a large player base to assist with getting all the necessary supplies. I'd consider doing this on Sal's server but I'd like it if we had a large playerbase to assist. To add challenge we can't use nether portals for fast travel and once we get our first eye of ender and enough blaze cream we will not stay in the same base for longer than a few days as we travel to the stronghold.

I think it would be very cool and from our game of 'hardcore' mode it was really exciting. I wouldn't want to kick people out after they die though because that would lose our momentum. Unless they recently slept having to catch up to the group would be punishment enough.

Any suggestions?

Hard mode isn't hard at al. It'll be down to your own mistakes if you die. If you have food and even leather armor, you shouldn't ever die. I suggest: ULTRA HARDCORE. It's a mod that prevents food from restoring health - although you still lose health if you run out of hunger bars. The only way to restore health is with a Golden Apple (which is created using gold ingots again) and Health Potions (meaning you need to tackle the nether.. and blazes).

You coud keep the same end goal - defeat the Enderdragon, or turn it into a PVP thing like the Ultra Hardcore Highlander with Etho, Guude, kurtjmac et all.

Link to mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1008473-124-xxxhardcorexxx-mod/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)