XY OU Mind Games-MegaZam Team

Hello everybody, welcome to my third RMT. This is a team built around Mega Alakazam succeeding in the OU metagame.
The Team

065-m.png

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
The star of the show, Mega Zam. I chose Modest over Timid because Timid outspeeds nothing notable. Psychic is the main STAB move, whilst HP fire and Focus Blast are the other coverage moves. Taunt is an incredible move with trace, as it can trace Prankster Pokes and taunt them. It also gives it a fighting chance against the Blobs. I ultimately chose Psychic over Psyshock because of Psychic superior strength.
645.png

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Rock Polish
My late game cleaner, picking off the rest of my opponents team after a rock polish. It also beats Mega Venu, Heatran, and Bisharp, some extremely difficult mons to rid of when he is gone. The life orb, sheer force boost on landy makes his barely up to par Sp. Atk stat into an incredible wall breaker.
184.png

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
Assault Vest Azu has become by far and wide my favorite Azu set. At full, almost no special attack can knock it out, and it can reply with and immensely powerful attack. Play Rough and Aqua Jet are mandatory on Azu. Knock off is to get rid of items and Waterfall rounds out the coverage with a more powerful (Water) stab.
461.png

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
Weavile is a great mon in this metagame, beating Latis, Gengar, T-tar, Gliscor, Lando-T, Lando-I, and many more. Weavile is great because almost all of these can be threats to MegaZam, and he/she beats them. Pursuit is to prevent the lati twins from switching out, Knock off for the most powerful stab, Ice Shard for Priority, and Low kick for tar.
639.png

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
Sash Lead Terrakion helps this team alot. Stealth rocks is the best move in the game, and taunt prevents hazards of there own. Terrak is key as it smacks the blobs for a ton of damage, beating the biggest threat to this team. It serves as one in my stall-breaker core (the others being magnezone and Zam.)
462.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
My Mega Pinsir check. Mega Pinsir wrecks my day if Magnezone is gone so I have to keep him healthy. It can also weaken many mons with magnet pull and is a reliable answer to Scizor, a mon who would eat this team alive without it. It also has volt switch to get out of bad situations, and provides offensive momentum.
The Changes before I RMT'd

Landorus>Latios
Magnezone>Heatran
Terrakion>Ferrothorn
Weavile>Mamoswine
Azumarill>Thundurus

Your guy's changes
Once I hear your guy's changes I will edit this part.
Shadow Ball Zam>HP Fire Zam
4 HP EV's>4 Sp.Def Ev's
232 Spe/24 SpD Weavile>252 Spe/4 HP Weavile

Last edited:
Currently, you have Weavile on your team, and no hazard remover. (Which is bad because when Weavile switches in on SR it instantly loses 1/4 of it's health)I would recommend Latias over Magnezone, with defog, draco meteor, psyshock, and hidden power fire. This lets you remove hazards, and also take out ferrothorn and scizor with hidden power fire.
You also need some better EV spreads. The extra 4 HP on Magnezone, Weavile, Landorus and Alakazam makes you take more residual damage. (sandstorm damage, hail damage, stealth rocks damage, will-o-wisp damage...)
This is a pretty cool team, featuring Mega Alakazam which needs a bit more love. Good luck :)

Hey bro I like the team few things
Personally I like to have odd numbers because you can switch into spikes one more time but that's just me

Mega Zam- HP fire is really weak even coming off 175 SpA, focus blast pretty much hits every steel type you need to worry about since aegislash is gone. Skarmory you can just hit with focus blast which I think 2HKO it anyway, I recommend switching hp fire for shadow ball because it lets you take out ghost types and psychic types with it, plus you have magnezone for steel trapping so it seems a little redundant

Landorus is fine

Azumarill is fine

Weavile: I would only give it 232 speed Ev since that's enough to outspeed timid greninja, who is the fastest non choiced mon pretty much. I don't usually run pursuit cause ice punch lets me OHKO things like garchomp, Landorus, and Gliscor easily. And take the 4 hp and put it into defense.

Terrakion is fine

magnezone is fine

Overall, nice team :]

Thanks for the rates! Implemented the changes. Keeping Magnezone because of Pinsir and Scizor as they would then eat my team alive. Weavile is a mon that won't survive a hit so I'm less worried about rocks, but thank you :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)