Unofficial Metagames Mimikyu Belly Pass [Anything Goes] {Peak:1940|Top 10}

This is my second ever rmt and one of my personal favorite teams, although it is pretty luck based with sleep turns being a very important factor on whether you win or lose a battle I have found this team to be relatively reliable and I have won plenty of games against very skilled players using this team. The main thing I love about this team is that it has a baton pass gimmick yet doesn't auto lose when your bp gimmick fails as ekiller and mega rayquaza provide the team with enough fire power to make is a decent webs team and mimikyu can put in plenty of work even without the baton pass sometimes. I made this team as somewhat of a meme then fell in love with it after winning against very good players (usually by hax).

The team started out with belly drum salac smeargle as the only mon on the team

I then added mimikyu as a sweeper that can clean through teams after getting the boosts

After that I added excadrill for speed control, rocks, and hazard removal

I added webs smeargle for easy speed control with sticky webs

afterwards I added z swords dance arceus to take advantage of the moody boosts from webs smeargle and the belly drum boosts from salac smeargle

I added breloom to take advantage of the salac belly pass with spore bullet seed sub and drain punch

I replaced breloom with mega heracross because of its higher attack stat and skill link

Afterwards I replaced heracross with mray because it is more reliable and often sweeps without the boosts from baton pass

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
This was the pokemon the entire team was built around, the idea behind this set is that you put a slower pokemon to sleep with spore then you substitute, after that you belly drum, this will get you down to 25% with is enough to activate the salac berry to give a nifty speed boost that will help your sweeper outspeed almost everything. If your opponent wakes up turn you have to put them back to sleep with spore then pray that they don't wake up or switch in to a priority user so you can belly drum. This set has also beat would be baton pass counters just by getting 3 turn sleeps and then killing with a sweeper. The Biggest thing you need to remember is never come in on a faster pokemon or a pokemon with a non ghost priority or this strategy will fail.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
Mimikyu is one of this teams 3 sweepers, The main reason it is used on this team is as a safe option to baton pass to if your opponent is guaranteed to hit you next turn, Mimikyu has a decent enough attack stat that it can still sweep trough teams if it gets the +6 from belly drum
Some calcs
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 376-445 (85.2 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 464-547 (115.1 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Groudon-Primal: 305-360 (75.4 - 89.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (This one is kind of sad but if you keep disguise intact it still sweeps)
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Steel: 395-465 (88.9 - 104.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Mimikyu can also be used as an emergancy marsh and mray check

Arceus @ Normalium Z
Ability: Multitype
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw/Earthquake

Arceus Normal is probably the best sweeper on this team, at +6 almost everything in the metagame dies in one hit after rocks with the exceptions being incredibly bulky ghost types and driflumb which is immune to its moves, Normalium Z is mainly used on this set for Z Swords dance so after gaining boosts from moody smeargle you can immediately remove all negative boosts and get up a swords dance, arceus appreciates any boost that is not special attack so it can gain boosts in 2 ways. Arceus normal is also strong enough to function without the boosts as a sweeper with webs up

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
DDance Life orb ray is slappable on any team, but seriously this set is part of the effort to make this team viable even if the main gimmick of the team fails, life orb dragon dance mray is really good on webs already and with the belly drum boost it becomes an absolute monster that is basically unstoppable.
dragon dance allows you to boost your stats for sweeps even when you don't get the belly pass

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Excadrill is this team's dedicated lead, rock tomb is to help lower the opposing pokemon's speed allowing smeargle to more easily outspeed and spore, stealth rocks are very important on this team because sash pokemon are a huge problem and breaking sashes on switch is an invaluable for this team. Rapid spin allows it to remove hazards allowing sash smeargle to easily get up webs and earthquake is a relatively powerful stab attack coming from a base 130 attack stat so it can deal some damage if necessary

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Baton Pass
- Substitute/ Whirlwind

This smeargle has a dual purpose, the first thing it does is set up sticky webs to make things easier for the rest of the team and help smeargle boost up on something but it also has moody so it can gain the random stat boosts than baton pass in to a recipient (Usually arceus normal) Spore is to immobilize your opponent temporarily to allow smeargle to easily set up sticky web and the last move is a choice of 2 options You can either go with substitute so if you are able to easily spam sub against slow pokemon to gain boosts or you can run whrilwind to try and spread sleep throughout the entire team, so far I have found sub to be more reliable but whirlwind is also useful in many situations.

Replays
Vs Alcalin
Vs Fardin
Vs Skarpherim
Vs Tic Tac Toe Guru
Vs Quaseem
Vs FluffieMareep
Vs LBDC For ssnl
Vs Levanos
Vs Skarpherim x2
Vs Skarpherim x3
Wow I have skarph replays for days lol

Threatlist

Sash marshadow is annoying to this team with proper defog support

Phasers can screw over this entire team on roar/whirlwind/haze and you could be done fore
Perish song is a major annoyance to this team, when you pass perish song it puts your sweeper on a timer limiting the amount of damage it can do

Skarmory checks every sweeper on this team by tanking hits even at +6 then using whirlwind

Xynix - Baton pass is really cool
Bhris Brown - I fought him when he used a similar team in a room tour and that inspired me to make my own version
Game Moderator - The first person I have ever seen use sub belly drum salac pass, introduced me to the strategy
Tic Tac Toe Guru - I believe mega heracross was his Idea when I asked for a good skill link mon to put on on this team, he has also been a very good friend and a guy who has been active in the voice chat of roy's server
MDB - Another very active person in the voice chat MDB has been a nice person to talk to despite the fact that he calls me bad at least once every 30 minutes, I haven't been able to talk to him much recently but he is one of the best mons players I know
Roy- For being the best bot and a great friend
Adf Test - he is a nice person to talk to and another regular in the voice chat
Lipise - Lipise isn't very active on showdown right now but she still is active in the voice chat and has been a very good friend for the past few months, she seems to struggle at staying out of trouble but she is a very nice person (Please don't get perm locked again)
Roy's pokelounge voice chat- All of you guys are very nice and I know a couple of you don't even know what smogon is but you guys have been great to talk to
Chloe - Was 2018's nicest user for a reason, chloe has been very nice and is a cool person to talk about favorite subreddits and stuff with, props to her for sticking with the community despite the fact that she obviously preferred gen 6 ag
Shivam - He has been less active recently but when he was more active he would always say hi to me in pms when I joined on, he also calls me a lot on discord, usually at the worst possible times
Velvet blood - I know vb secretly hates my teams but velvet blood is nice and uses cool meme teams on ladder
Piggypassking - I swear you remind me of myself when I was younger, also you seem to have figured out my psyspam enough that you can maneuver around threats
Sificon - Used my psyspam to beat Perfect Minum in 3 game

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Arceus @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Baton Pass
- Whirlwind

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day

Last edited:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Hey, Thanks for the shoutout dude, You're a cool friend even if you suck at this game.

In all seriousness, I feel this team could be optimized a lot and that's what I'll try to tackle.

I don't really feel like Exca is justified on this team. It's a suicide lead that doesn't really help with problems your team faces, as opposing teams can easily spinblock and screw your team over a lot. Therefore, I feel Stealth Rock Lead Smeargle improves a lot on this. Access to Taunt and Rapid Spin gives it a better opportunity to keep rocks off your field, and Nuzzle can be used to screw over Taunters. While this may prevent from putting to sleep a pokemon, Sub can still fish for paras.
Mimikyu seems very redundant for this team. While the intention is for a workable meme, I feel its niche is not very warranted. I also noticed you can have trouble breaking stall with Skarm especially. I feel Primal Groudon works here. Emergency switchin to Marshadow while being able to tank Support Arceus hits is a thing this team really appreciates. I opted to go for a Swords Dance Rock Polish set, which can still sweep if Salac doesn't work out. Able to Break stall and beat most teams if it gets the Drum boost passed.
Final change is more optional, I just felt like a support pokemon toxicing on the switch can really hurt you, Therefore I feel like you can switch Return for Refresh on Arceus. While you lose a more spammable move, this gives you the option to shrug off status, and if you have no negative boosts, recover all your health.

Cool team dude, Has a lot more thought put in it than most of your other teams. You've improved a lot over the months I've known you and you can go far if you branch your playstyles out more.

Hope these changes can help this team do better!

OMG you put Lord Willin in the music section! Such an underrated gem of a song!

While I do loathe Smeargle with every fiber in my being, your team looks really fun to play. I do have a couple suggestions though.

Facade over Return on E-Killer. Looking your team and at MDB's rate, I feel like Facade is a better option over return, so you can still utilize your attack boosts to their fullest extent in the face of a potential Will-O-Wisp, since all of your Pokemon are physical attackers, and I feel like you can do a lot more with that over either Return or Refresh.
I also do agree with MDB in that a lead Taunt+SR+Rapid Spin Smeargle would benefit you more over the Excadrill, since Taunt support is gonna be your friend. I feel like Taunt support on the Webs Smeargle could be of benefit too, so you won't have to worry as much about potential Roars or Perish Songs on the Baton Pass.

Also fuck 3 turn sleep counts.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
This is my second ever rmt and one of my personal favorite teams, although it is pretty luck based with sleep turns being a very important factor on whether you win or lose a battle I have found this team to be relatively reliable and I have won plenty of games against very skilled players using this team. The main thing I love about this team is that it has a baton pass gimmick yet doesn't auto lose when your bp gimmick fails as ekiller and mega rayquaza provide the team with enough fire power to make is a decent webs team and mimikyu can put in plenty of work even without the baton pass sometimes. I made this team as somewhat of a meme then fell in love with it after winning against very good players (usually by hax).

View attachment 175101

The team started out with belly drum salac smeargle as the only mon on the team
View attachment 175101View attachment 175093
I then added mimikyu as a sweeper that can clean through teams after getting the boosts
View attachment 175101View attachment 175093View attachment 175100
After that I added excadrill for speed control, rocks, and hazard removal
View attachment 175101View attachment 175093View attachment 175100View attachment 175101
I added webs smeargle for easy speed control with sticky webs
View attachment 175101View attachment 175093View attachment 175099View attachment 175100View attachment 175101
afterwards I added z swords dance arceus to take advantage of the moody boosts from webs smeargle and the belly drum boosts from salac smeargle
View attachment 175101View attachment 175093View attachment 175099View attachment 175126View attachment 175100View attachment 175101
I added breloom to take advantage of the salac belly pass with spore bullet seed sub and drain punch
View attachment 175101View attachment 175093View attachment 175099View attachment 175127View attachment 175100View attachment 175101
I replaced breloom with mega heracross because of its higher attack stat and skill link
View attachment 175095View attachment 175093View attachment 175099View attachment 175098View attachment 175100View attachment 175101
Afterwards I replaced heracross with mray because it is more reliable and often sweeps without the boosts from baton pass

View attachment 175110
Smeargle @ Salac Berry
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
This was the pokemon the entire team was built around, the idea behind this set is that you put a slower pokemon to sleep with spore then you substitute, after that you belly drum, this will get you down to 25% with is enough to activate the salac berry to give a nifty speed boost that will help your sweeper outspeed almost everything. If your opponent wakes up turn you have to put them back to sleep with spore then pray that they don't wake up or switch in to a priority user so you can belly drum. This set has also beat would be baton pass counters just by getting 3 turn sleeps and then killing with a sweeper. The Biggest thing you need to remember is never come in on a faster pokemon or a pokemon with a non ghost priority or this strategy will fail.

View attachment 175108

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
Mimikyu is one of this teams 3 sweepers, The main reason it is used on this team is as a safe option to baton pass to if your opponent is guaranteed to hit you next turn, Mimikyu has a decent enough attack stat that it can still sweep trough teams if it gets the +6 from belly drum
Some calcs
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 376-445 (85.2 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 464-547 (115.1 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Groudon-Primal: 305-360 (75.4 - 89.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (This one is kind of sad but if you keep disguise intact it still sweeps)
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Steel: 395-465 (88.9 - 104.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Mimikyu can also be used as an emergancy marsh and mray check

View attachment 175107
Arceus @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw/Earthquake

Arceus Normal is probably the best sweeper on this team, at +6 almost everything in the metagame dies in one hit after rocks with the exceptions being incredibly bulky ghost types and driflumb which is immune to its moves, Normalium Z is mainly used on this set for Z Swords dance so after gaining boosts from moody smeargle you can immediately remove all negative boosts and get up a swords dance, arceus appreciates any boost that is not special attack so it can gain boosts in 2 ways. Arceus normal is also strong enough to function without the boosts as a sweeper with webs up

View attachment 175106
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
DDance Life orb ray is slappable on any team, but seriously this set is part of the effort to make this team viable even if the main gimmick of the team fails, life orb dragon dance mray is really good on webs already and with the belly drum boost it becomes an absolute monster that is basically unstoppable.
dragon dance allows you to boost your stats for sweeps even when you don't get the belly pass

View attachment 175105
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Excadrill is this team's dedicated lead, rock tomb is to help lower the opposing pokemon's speed allowing smeargle to more easily outspeed and spore, stealth rocks are very important on this team because sash pokemon are a huge problem and breaking sashes on switch is an invaluable for this team. Rapid spin allows it to remove hazards allowing sash smeargle to easily get up webs and earthquake is a relatively powerful stab attack coming from a base 130 attack stat so it can deal some damage if necessary

View attachment 175104
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Baton Pass
- Substitute/ Whirlwind

This smeargle has a dual purpose, the first thing it does is set up sticky webs to make things easier for the rest of the team and help smeargle boost up on something but it also has moody so it can gain the random stat boosts than baton pass in to a recipient (Usually arceus normal) Spore is to immobilize your opponent temporarily to allow smeargle to easily set up sticky web and the last move is a choice of 2 options You can either go with substitute so if you are able to easily spam sub against slow pokemon to gain boosts or you can run whrilwind to try and spread sleep throughout the entire team, so far I have found sub to be more reliable but whirlwind is also useful in many situations.

Replays
Vs Alcalin
Vs Fardin
Vs Skarpherim
Vs Tic Tac Toe Guru
Vs Quaseem
Vs FluffieMareep
Vs LBDC For ssnl
Vs Levanos
Vs Skarpherim x2
Vs Skarpherim x3
Wow I have skarph replays for days lol

Threatlist

View attachment 175118 Sash marshadow is annoying to this team with proper defog support

View attachment 175121 Phasers can screw over this entire team on roar/whirlwind/haze and you could be done fore
View attachment 175122Perish song is a major annoyance to this team, when you pass perish song it puts your sweeper on a timer limiting the amount of damage it can do

View attachment 175125Skarmory checks every sweeper on this team by tanking hits even at +6 then using whirlwind

Xynix - Baton pass is really cool
Bhris Brown - I fought him when he used a similar team in a room tour and that inspired me to make my own version
Game Moderator - The first person I have ever seen use sub belly drum salac pass, introduced me to the strategy
Tic Tac Toe Guru - I believe mega heracross was his Idea when I asked for a good skill link mon to put on on this team, he has also been a very good friend and a guy who has been active in the voice chat of roy's server
MDB - Another very active person in the voice chat MDB has been a nice person to talk to despite the fact that he calls me bad at least once every 30 minutes, I haven't been able to talk to him much recently but he is one of the best mons players I know
Lipise - Lipise isn't very active on showdown right now but she still is active in the voice chat and has been a very good friend for the past few months, she seems to struggle at staying out of trouble but she is a very nice person (Please don't get perm locked again)
Roy's pokelounge voice chat- All of you guys are very nice and I know a couple of you don't even know what smogon is but you guys have been great to talk to
Chloe - Was 2018's nicest user for a reason, chloe has been very nice and is a cool person to talk about favorite subreddits and stuff with, props to her for sticking with the community despite the fact that she obviously preferred gen 6 ag
Shivam - He has been less active recently but when he was more active he would always say hi to me in pms when I joined on, he also calls me a lot on discord, usually at the worst possible times
Velvet blood - I know vb secretly hates my teams but velvet blood is nice and uses cool meme teams on ladder
Piggypassking - I swear you remind me of myself when I was younger, also you seem to have figured out my psyspam enough that you can maneuver around threats
Sificon - Used my psyspam to beat Perfect Minum in 3 game

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

Arceus @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Baton Pass
- Whirlwind

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day
You messed up the Mimikyu and Arceus sets in the importable. Neat team tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)