Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe, 31 Atk
- Scald
- Flip Turn
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat

Trying this over Ogre. While AV Ogre, invested, can have even more special bulk, it lacks Mirror Coat which can be really good. If Competitive goes off, uninvested Milotic has more SpA than uninvested Ogre. This ability is great vs. Yveltal, who then takes a 2hko factoring hail chip/probable lo. Slow Flip Turn is something I'm dubious about, but it seemed good on paper to bring something in unscathed. Mud Shot would be nice though. 4 Def avoids ohko from Jolly Zacian, or something. This can take crazy special attacks well enough, like +2 Polteageist Giga Drain, Ogre's Thunder, Astral Barrage, etc.

1664211745280.png

Giratina @ Custap Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP / 108 Atk / 252 Def / 68 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Sneak
- Icy Wind
- Breaking Swipe

Another sorta strange Pokemon. Custap goes w/ the EVs, attacks from Caly-S and Zacian often will put this in range, and then there's Destiny Bond, on Zacian in particular. Shadow Sneak is great vs, Caly-S, and I can use it twice w/o wasting Custap te 2nd time cause of their Unnerve. Icy Wind is used because of a traumatic encounter /. Landog, where I had useless T-Wave over it. Relaxed to do more damage w/ it, I worry over Groudon. Breaking Swipe is chosen for good utility, Giratina doesn't do that much damage w/o SE hits(which dragon rarely is,) so I prefer the atk dropping.

1664211968528.png

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Sunsteel Strike

My specially bulky set, it's done some things like take defensive Tern Mystical Fire w/ sub. Also lived Dark Puse from Yveltal after a sub. Lives Reshiram Blue Flare as I recall, originally was the point of the set, though I never see Reshiram. SD is more fun to me it lets me outpace Cosmic Power Tern. Sub was chosen for evil Charm Chansey. Usual 2 attacks I think. Tends to be good vs. Ditto cause of the HP vs, Ditto's base 48.

1664212126466.png

Dialga @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Flash Cannon
- Roar of Time
- Earth Power

EVs stolen from the same person who gave the idea to use the mon. The reason for that is most Groudon are very slow and die to LO Hailstorm. That's why Blizzard not Ice Beam, and I went Flash Cannon not Steel Beam for longevity where it matters. Roar of Time over Draco Meteor is my concession to max move power, I figure Dragon STAB will rarely be used outside max because of paltry coverage and no side effect, so I have a 150 BP max move. Earth Power for the mirror, I'm not great at fighting Dialga.

1664212338994.png

Tapu Koko @ Expert Belt
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Brave Bird

Put this for fighting Zekrom. Expert Belt because of the good coverage. Max Spe seemed unnecessary, 12 Spe is for Scarf Caly-S when at +2(not very relevant.) Grass Knot hits Quagsire and Groudon, out of max or I can max to hit them. Thunder not T-Bolt to rarely ohko Ogre and spread para. Brave Bird seemed ok as a source of Airstream, it does fairly low damage though.

1664212574890.png

Ho-Oh @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- Earthquake

Trying Maranga because of all the special attackers around. Kee wasn't doing anything, I wanted Recover which is why I finally replaced AV, and Boots seem too rarely useful. Careful and 4 EVs for an even #, also very high for taking Caly-S and the like. 252 Def takes Adamant Zacian Wild Charge, though I wonder if there's room for improvement w/ the EVs. This has been fairly good, solidifies my Zacian match up.

I have a very bad win/loss ratio, though a lot of it is strange misplays on my part. I think it's getting better w/ the current team, but Zygarde is a massive struggle.

Last edited:
I play on cart, not PS(PS has routinely seemed harder lol.)

I know specs Caly-S deals only about 80(damage not percent lol) to milotic w/ giga drain, and once I predicted memento and switched in milo. It can be good vs. Landog, esp. w/ a competitive boost. That might help make up for no replays, I'll try to remember more. Certainly I've won vs some meme teams.

Also, I've switched Koko for a scarf Caly-S, more worried about Yveltal, but it should be better. It has 140 hp/ 212 Def/ 156 +Spe Evs, this notably takes Max Lightning from lo Zekrom outside terrain, and outspeeds it at +2.

Tina has trouble, but does good w/ Caly-S and did good vs ogre once. Also, 2 breaking swipes offset a Zekrom's policy.

W/ Caly-S am weak to foul play so thinking to change a lot. Putting Yveltal and Tern over Ho-oh and Dialga, and something for Zekrom over NDM. Actually thinking Stunfisk-g, that type destroys Zekrom. And it has bulk, unlike excadrill.

Last edited:

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:Milotic: - While I like the idea of Milotic, the simple fact of the matter is that often times, kyogres immedite offensive pressure is going to be more valuable. Swampert and Gastrodon are far more viable users of mirror coat imo, and even then, they often struggle to fit it because there’s just so much that they have to do as well. By going with assault vest, you also lose out on the one thing Milotic can do over Kyogre, recover. Even without considering this, though, assault vest tends to be best on offensive mons that want the extra survivability to better throw out their attacks. Milotic just, doesn’t fit this role.

:Giratina: - This Giratina set is very interesting, I will say. But again I feel that this is just trying to ape the role of a generally superior choice, this time Mimikyu. Breaking swipe is nice, but you’d honestly be better off with will o wisp, since you can burn Zacian, whereas this Giratina set is just completely bodied by Zacian. And if you’re running wisp, then Mimikyu is the better option due to higher speed and disguise.

:necrozma-dusk-mane: - Have fun with marshadow.

:Dialga: - overall, fine. I don’t use too much Dialga, and generally I prefer faster spreads with LO, but it’s hard to go wrong with Dia.

:tapu-Koko: - +1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain: 192-226 (108.4 - 127.6%)
Use Landorus or Groudon to check Zekrom. Resisting Bolt Strike is not enough.

:Ho-oh: - I mean maranga can work, I’d just personally go with assault vest if you’re gonna not use boots on bulky Ho oh, and again I would highly recommend a ground type if you’re gonna be using Ho oh as your primary Zacian answer, as wild charge will maul you, even if you don’t immediately die, you’re well within range of blade or basically whatever follow up Zacian goes for, and if there’s rocks up, forget about it.

OVERALL - The team has some interesting ideas and I really appreciate the creativity, unfortunately I feel a lot of it is just very subpar. Most of these sets are trying to be things that other mons are just better at. I don’t think stuff like Tina or Koko are bad themselves, but to make them work, you need to emphasize what they do that’s different, not just use discount Mimikyu.

:Milotic: - While I like the idea of Milotic, the simple fact of the matter is that often times, kyogres immedite offensive pressure is going to be more valuable. Swampert and Gastrodon are far more viable users of mirror coat imo, and even then, they often struggle to fit it because there’s just so much that they have to do as well. By going with assault vest, you also lose out on the one thing Milotic can do over Kyogre, recover. Even without considering this, though, assault vest tends to be best on offensive mons that want the extra survivability to better throw out their attacks. Milotic just, doesn’t fit this role.

:Giratina: - This Giratina set is very interesting, I will say. But again I feel that this is just trying to ape the role of a generally superior choice, this time Mimikyu. Breaking swipe is nice, but you’d honestly be better off with will o wisp, since you can burn Zacian, whereas this Giratina set is just completely bodied by Zacian. And if you’re running wisp, then Mimikyu is the better option due to higher speed and disguise.

:necrozma-dusk-mane: - Have fun with marshadow.

:Dialga: - overall, fine. I don’t use too much Dialga, and generally I prefer faster spreads with LO, but it’s hard to go wrong with Dia.

:tapu-Koko: - +1 252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain: 192-226 (108.4 - 127.6%)
Use Landorus or Groudon to check Zekrom. Resisting Bolt Strike is not enough.

:Ho-oh: - I mean maranga can work, I’d just personally go with assault vest if you’re gonna not use boots on bulky Ho oh, and again I would highly recommend a ground type if you’re gonna be using Ho oh as your primary Zacian answer, as wild charge will maul you, even if you don’t immediately die, you’re well within range of blade or basically whatever follow up Zacian goes for, and if there’s rocks up, forget about it.

OVERALL - The team has some interesting ideas and I really appreciate the creativity, unfortunately I feel a lot of it is just very subpar. Most of these sets are trying to be things that other mons are just better at. I don’t think stuff like Tina or Koko are bad themselves, but to make them work, you need to emphasize what they do that’s different, not just use discount Mimikyu.
Ty! 1st major rater on my rmt in many months I think.

I've scrapped most of the team, you are probably right on milotic cause I rarely utilize flip turn, what a pity. Although I worry over Yveltal if I go gastrodon/Swampert. Kyogre could work since it hits hard and can para Yveltal, although what do you think of maranga milo? The Ho-oh is gone. Milotic has actually done some work, I'd love to keep it if you see any future there at all.

Tina was interesting, ty! But not good. It's gone, koko and Dialga too.

Marshadow was a problem, too soon to tell now. But the NDM is still good as a Tern answer especially. I have helmet Landog now, marshadow should not have room for ice punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)