Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:sv/Skarmory:
Mega-Skarmory
Type: Steel/Fairy
New Ability:
Knight's Armor
All physical attacks will be calculated with its defense instead of attack, but will not be able to boost its defense

Stats: 65/100/150/70/70/60 (515) ( 20+ Atk 10+ Def 30+ SpAtk 10- Spd)
New Moves: Spirit Break
Description: First time doing a submission for m4a, so im not too aware of the meta, im probably joining the discord soon to get some feedback on it! This version of a Mega-Skarmory is a bulky beast that can also dish out big damage, gets it typing changed to Steel/Fairy because i belive that its new ability with STAB Brave Bird may be too much, but now gets STAB Spirit Break on it, which helps it with its special defense, and now it also has another one of the best typings on the game, to compensate for its loss of its original Steel/Flying type, it does get some small nerfs, it cannot use Iron Defense anymore, and its speed was reduced
it gain only 60 bst and not 100, maybe do something like (65/110/170/80/70/60)

Dear community,

it is now time for reviews. I apologize for the delay; special circumstances forced me to take a rest. But it's all good now! If you make any changes to your sub, please, inform the person who provided feedback on your sub! Neglecting to do so risks the chance of having your sub not being included in the voting process. Sticky Fingaaa reviewed Druddigon, Exploziff took care of Chesnaught, and I (BlueRay) took a look at Skarmory. You have until Wednesday, 15:30, GMT +2, to revise your sub!

Below, the reviews:

:Skarmory:
ItzaDelta--Your Mega Skarmory is quite interesting and unique because it is probably one of the few Pokémon if not the only one at the moment that can bluff reasonably well a Mega evolution in the preview. Unlike Magnezone, you don't necessarily need to build a specific team that takes a Magnet Pull user like Skarmory into account. It already fits on a variety of teams due to its useful, defensive capabilities, letting it check Ground Pokémon, among others. Therefore, I imagine almost any Skarmory team will exert some pressure on the opponent and create some mindgames. Moreover, Mega Skarmory can trap a Steel Pokémon while also setting Spikes making it fairly unique in this regard. [approved]

chemicalmines--Sharpness is a very fitting ability choice flavour wise. A more offensive approach is also appropriate to Mega Skarmory different from its base form. But I do wonder why it has its Flying type replaced by the Fighting type. Are there any specific reasons? Especially flavour wise? Perhaps, you could talk about its nature to explain the Fighting type. Stat wise, I would lower its Speed, below Moltres since this Pokémon can launch some pretty powerful Body Press with base 165 Def and has access to Roost, making it fairly difficult to deal with. [approved but Speeds need to be lowered and some flavour explanation on the dualtype would be appreciated]

DrPumpkinz--Iron Barbs is a very fitting choice of ability given how sharp Skarmory's body is. Moreover, since Rocky Helmet can often be removed so easily, your Skarmory differs in that it will always punish opponents for clicking contact moves. This is very helpful against Weavile which loves nothing more than removing items and clicking Triple Axel. And as you've already mentioned the ability synergizes with its hazard setting tendencies. If you wanted to, you could either have 180 Def and 90 SpD or 170 Def and 85 SpD since it would kind of mirror its 140 Def and 70 SpD from its base form. [approved]

Turtlek--Working with an ability Skarmory already has in its base form is pretty cool. After all, we don't do that very often, and sometimes, you can get some very interesting results, like Scizor, for instance. That being said, I appreciate the offensive stat distribution to make your sub clearly different from its base form. So, there's actually benefit of using its Mega form. [approved]

War Incarnate--I like this approach to VGC since Skarmory naturally has lots of tools to begin with. Tailwind and Icy Wind / Rock Tomb for speed control or Rock Slide for spread damage while also lowering Def by 1. Moreover, it knows Feint, which is a priority move that breaks Protect and allows an ally to benefit from this strategy. [approved]

okispokis--The callback to Mystery Dungeon is pretty nice, and I like how you named the ability; it works well with Skarmory's aggressive nature. The competitive design behind this is sound. Making room for more weakness through a type change is valid. [approved]

Totally_Odette--Mirror Armor is a neat choice if you want to rely on Iron Defense more reliably or avoid defensive drops while setting hazards. That being said, I think this sub could be improved by raising its speed because while base Skarmory's defensive stats are lower than the Mega's, it can hold an item like Leftovers, at least, making up for that. Moreover, more speed lets it customize its bulk as more EVs are freed up. What's more, you could raise SpD a bit since common moves which lower defense are special, like Shadow Ball. [approved]

jazzmat & Clas--I just took a look at the list of moves this ability would affect, which is pretty interesting: Air Slash and Night Slash are appealing options. Air Slash is STAB and special while Night Slash covers Ghost which wall Body Press set. If you could emphasize that, it would make it easier for the readers to understand and appreciate the value Mega Skarmory can get out of this ability. This looks like a very strong sub, so, I would lower its Speed by 10 to allow for more counterplays. That said, Blade Armor is a very fitting choice flavour wise given its sword motif in ancient times. Nice! [approved but speed needs to be lowered]

EeveeGirl1380--Poison Point is a very unusual but interesting and fitting choice of ability on Skarmory. I like the flavour reason behind; it makes sense and is on point! Competitively, Mega Skarmory very much differs from its base form since Poison from Poison Point can affect a Pokémon longterm until it faints while Rocky Helmet is more selectively damage wise, for lack of a better word. So, I appreciate this idea to make the two of them different from each other. [approved]

Blueray Skarm, reviewed by Exploziff : Pass, interesting sub trying to make up for the lack of attacking potential of skarmory with swords of ruin, in combination with brave bird which is a really strong stab skarm can hit pretty hard while maintaining bulk. I'd maybe considering dumping 10 point from def to spa , as to mitigate a bit the physical bulk and help make it more manageable for SE physical attacker (ex : make it so zeraora can 2HKO on a roll vs not 2HKO )

:Druddigon:
ItzaDelta - Contrary Druddigon sounds really fun to play with on paper, and it's a really interesting high risk high reward mon, and I guess Contrary fits it pretty well considering Gargoyles are beings originally believed to "scare evil spirits away", but in the media are portrayed as evil beings. [Approved]

ChemicalMines - Pretty simple approach, I always enjoy mixed Sheer Force breakers, I'd recommend tuning it up a bit, as the Stealth Rocks weakness along with the low speed can make it hard for Mega Druddigon to find a place for itself in the meta. [Approved]

DrPumpkinz - Shed Skin Druddigon is a very fitting idea, but with Weavile being one of the main meta staples in Kalos, I fear Druddigon would find very little niche for itself, I'd suggest raising its bulk even further in order to make it better at abusing Shed Skin. [Approved]

Sigilyph Bro - Dragon/Fairy Druddigon seems like an interesting defensive profile, specially with its access to Stealth Rocks, Glare, and the addition of Flip Turn. I really like the flavor for the Water moves, but I'd suggest removing Waterfall, as it seems like an unecessary extra tool for Druddigon. [Approved]

Turtlek - Thermal Exchange makes up for a good flavor and helps it a lot to punish Fire type mons. I just wanna point out that you probably meant Rotom-Heat while writing your sub description, since Druddigon is now neutral to Water type moves. [Approved]
Lysion - Protosynthesis is a really nice choice, I'd say you can still make it stronger if desired since it has no recovery and it needs to be under sun to hit hard. [Approved]

Okispokis - Not much to add here. Solid Rock is a pretty neat ability which fits Drudd well and is a great addition to allow it to spam Glare. [Approved]

PalpitoadChamp - Pretty much the same as above, although I think you could try to buff it a little bit as Druddigon's only way of recovering HP is through Regenerator, so some extra bulk would be welcome. I'd recommend adding some flavor to better justify Regenerator. [Approved but extra flavor is advised]

Totally_Odette - Keeping Mold Breaker while giving it the Ground type is pretty neat for the Rotoms, it probably makes for a pretty sturdy Heatran check in Natdex (we don't talk about Steelium Z). [Approved]

Jazzmat - It's a bit hard for me to imagine how Perch would work on practice, outside of an hypothetical Scale Shot + Protect set, meant to stop threats such as physical scarfers and priority users from revenge killing it, but I do like the concept and I don't see it being unbalanced. [Approved]

Sticky and Paul (reviewed by BlueRay)--Competitively, the Ice immunity is an interesting choice because as a Dragon, Druddigon naturally resists Water--a type that tends to run Ice moves. So, with its new ability, Mega Druddigon can now switch into them more efficiently. Furthermore, more Weavile answers are always appreciated. Gaining the Rock type helps to pressure Ice Pokémon while also making Flying Pokémon think twice. After all, Druddigon loves setting hazards which Flying Pokémon would love to Defog away but with Rock moves, it could be difficult for them. [approved]

:Chesnaught:
Blueray --> pass , pretty unique take on the hedgehog by giving it immunity to one of it's main weakness, chesnaught now become one of the few mon that can proudly take on the fire/ground/rock combination (hello P-Groudon). It is also funny how it can interact vs chandelure/blacephalon with pre-mega bulletproof blocking shadow ball forcing it into a potential 50/50 situation.

Chemicalmines --> pass, interesting idea to gear chesnaught to become a strong offensive presence over a more defensive one, priority mach punch in combination with sword dance or belly drum can prove quite scary , but is held back by the 4mss the fighting type may have.

Turtlek --> pass , recommand to lower spdef under 100 considering stamina make up for any defense investment

DrPumpkinz --> pass , recommand to lower spdef under 100 considering intimidate make up for any defense investment

War incarnate --> pass, interesting parralel with defiant, also very effective at dealing with intimidate user by trading its potential on offense with its usual move to a more bulky oriented version using body press and leech seed to win 1v1. The ability is also not so easy to trigger due to chesnaught weakness to most defogger, so the abilty won't pose too much issue.

Okis pokis --> pass, i really like the idea of a grass type being able to punish scald and discharge, making it a really effective way to beat many common water type and some electric type with defensive purpose (ex: rotom-wash), without the fear of getting cheesed by statut.

Sticky Finga --> don't pass unless you explain how it respond toa different niche than mega gogoat as both seem really similar

Jazzmat --> pass , i think it's an interesting take on terrain setter, especially when considering that usually ground type move and grassy terrain don't go to well together. I prefer that approach over a grassy surge as it make grassy glide + belly drum set less likely as they'd need more setup to fonction.

Gravity Monkey --> don't pass , while i understand wanting to give it shit tone of defense , here it's definitively too much if you can tank SE stab hit from one of the hardest hitting mon avalaible. Otherwise the general sub idea is good as it operate as a great way to punish volt-turn by tanking and cheaping aways at flip turn and u-turner while being resistant to volt switch.

Aw, hell. I had wanted to get this done before reviews were up, but trying to think of something for Druddigon on top of other issues mean this took (far) longer than I would have liked. Oh well. Let me know if these are illegal I guess.

Either way, I should be around to compile unless something suddenly comes up as of tomorrow:

:skarmory: Skarmory-Mega
New Ability:
Steel Corrupter = This Pokemon's Steel attacks deal damage to other Steel types super-effectively (after other types factored in).
Type: Steel/Flying

New Stats:
HP: 065
Attack: 080 → 110 (+30)
Defense: 140 → 150 (+10)
Special Attack: 040 → 040 (+00)
Special Defense: 070 → 100 (+30)
Speed: 070 → 100 (+30)
(465 BST → 565 BST)

New Moves
: U-Turn (hey, if that obnoxiously bulky jerk Corviknight can get it...)
Description: "Its ferocity increased and its body streamlined, it obsesses over perfecting its beautiful body, shedding the would-be weakness of its previous rust-prone form onto Steel-type foes."

Not much to say about this Mega beyond that it's weird not to do Mantine at the same time, but eh. Having gradually fallen from grace, in large part due to Corviknight existing now, I rather quickly decided on the flavor for Skarmory's Mega by thinking "hey, what if Skarmory-Mega could do something directly about that mon?", especially after being reminded of its Pokedex issues that deal with its supposed susceptibility to rust. I didn't want to use the pseudo-status of Salt Cure to do that, so instead it "just" hits other Steel-types super-effectively with its own Steel attacks. This means that, if nothing else, Skarmory-Mega would have the unique niche of obliterating the overly privileged Steel/Fairy mons that exist by turning their once-neutral-to-Steel typing into in a 4x weak-to-Steel one. See you in Hell, Klefki. (Hilariously, U-Turn--if allowed--screws over Magnezone far more than its ability does, though Magnet Pull and Magnezone has been on borrowed time for years anyway, so whatever.)

:druddigon: Druddigon-Mega
New Ability
: Earth Eater
Type: Dragon/Fire

New Stats
:
HP: 077
Attack: 120 → 150 (+30)
Defense: 090 → 120 (+30)
Special Attack: 060 → 078 (+18)
Special Defense: 090 → 120 (+30)
Speed: 048 → 040 (-08)
(485 BST → 585 BST)

New Moves:
Flare Blitz, Morning Sun
Description: "The energy of Mega Evolution heats Druddigon from within, making it both fiercer and lazier as well in need of sometimes eating earth to lower its new high internal temperature."

This was easily the most annoying mon of the three to think of a Mega for, in part because I've barely ever used it even though it's a decent enough mon--Glare is a hell of a drug. In looking up its Pokedex flavor and then its actual stats, I mostly struggled trying to think of something that either wouldn't be too dependent on weather or just an inferior version of an existent and likely non-Mega Dragon mon, especially since by virtue of its stats it's basically stuck being defensive on some level outside of Trick Room. Also, while Dragon/Rock would fit a lot, Rock unfortunately is a hideous defensive typing and Tyrantum(-Mega) already exists as a still meh mon despite already doing anything that would-be Dragon/Rock Druddigon-Mega could do even with actual Rock Head and Head Smash.

So eventually I just decided on this after making a Sun-adjacent-but-not-dependent ability that I ultimately didn't like after realizing it would just make this Druddigon-Mega an inferior Charizard-Mega-X offensively. That revelation had me going "why am I not just making this actual Dragon/Fire again (besides Stealth Rock}?" While Stealth Rock is still an issue, unlike Charizard Druddigon can switch in without being weak to Stealth Rock much less losing half of its life to that hazard before transforming, and even after transforming, it still "only" loses 25% while having actual recovery now. It's definitely still offensively inferior to Charizard-Mega-X on the non-Ubers Dragon/Fire front, but it's not trying to outdo that there. Instead, it's leveraging how good of a typing Dragon/Fire actually is even just defensively, especially once you cover one of its only three weaknesses. So this Druddigon-Mega mainly just tries to still focus on being defensive, especially now that it's immune to Burn, gets STAB on Fire Punch (if it doesn't want to use Flare Blitz), and can tank Ground attacks for its teammates (as long as they're not from Mold Breaker mons) for its teammate whether it's on Sun or not. (The slightly lowered Speed also helps any potential Trick Room strategies without being anywhere near as oppressive as Slowking-Mega on that front, especially since I intentionally dumped some of its would-be Atk into SpA. Finally, this is pretty damn good check to Heatmor-Mega unless I guess you get it's running Body Slam and you get really unlucky with paralysis; also a great check to Heatran in the wider formats as long as you can avoid Toxic or, I guess, the insane people who would run Specs Ancient Power.)

:chesnaught: Chesnaught-Mega
New Ability:
Bulletproof
Type: Grass/Steel

New Stats
:
HP: 088
Attack: 107 → 152 (+45)
Defense: 122 → 152 (+30)
Special Attack: 074 → 092 (+18)
Special Defense: 075 → 092 (+17)
Speed: 064 → 054 (-10)
(530 BST → 630 BST)

New Moves
: Rapid Spin
Description: "Its body is even more tanklike now, its determination to protect others having turned its body and shields harder than steel. The same determination can generate sudden bursts of immense spinning speed."

Basically the mon that made me determined to try to keep things minimal for this Slate for once like DrPumpkinz pretty much always does, especially when I saw that no one had tried Grass/Steel for Chesnaught-Mega or kept Bulletproof for it--unless someone did, in which case, apologies for missing you. As much as I like Chesnaught, I've always found it being Fighting rather odd even with the usual attempt to balance the starters' secondary types (before Game Freak broke that balance anyway via such sheer favoritism of Greninja). So this Chesnaught-Mega "rectifies" that while simultaneously making it more of a team player than Ferrothorn while hopefully not being as annoying as that mon can be (to Rain) even though this is effectively immune to its new Fighting weakness on the special side unless Vacuum Wave is used since both Aura Sphere and Focus Blast are blocked by Bulletproof--whoops? Also, randomly telling Shadow Ball using Ghosts to go hell is rather funny too since pretty much none of them except for Chandelure actually use Fire attacks--though this doesn't enjoy Will-o-Wisp (or Hex)--and is something else it has over Ferrothorn even though I figure that at least Aegislash isn't something to worry about in this particular meta anyway; hilariously, this effectively completely counters the SubToxic set Aegislash set just by existing. More relevant is that unlike a lot of Rapid Spinners, this gets access to a move that legitimately annoys most Ghosts--Leech Seed--as well as now has STAB that hits most of them at least neutrally, so that too is good. (It also helped my decision to make this Chesnaught-Mega Grass/Steel that Chesnaught basically already has all of the Steel moves it needed, with Gyro Ball now being stronger between the typing change and its Speed drop at the cost of both Drain Punch and Body Press being overall weaker than they would otherwise be--seems a reasonable sacrifice.)

Good afternoon (or equivalent), everyone, and apologies for the delay. I wake up at rather weird times and this latest computer is rather piece of crap even compared to past ones, so I had to spend a decent chunk of my waking time dealing with restarting it. Fun. /s

Anyway, thank you for your patience, especially you, BlueRay. This was actually rather fun to compile, since I'm a weirdo like that, outside of colors not transferring, at least after copying them via reply. The work-around for that was easy enough, but something to keep in mind for the future. Any errors in copying in are mine...unless they were already there, in which case they are yours since typos are insidious like that. Either way, please PM me anything that looks amiss.

Since it wasn't noted, Paulluxx's Chesnaught-Mega, Sticky Fingaaa's new Chesnaught-Mega, and via BlueRay's magnanimity, my own late Skarmory-Mega and Druddigon-Mega are legal to vote on. You may NOT, however, vote on Gaboswampert's Skarmory-Mega, which would have been fine with +40 more stats, and my own Chesnaught-Mega, because I'm a fool who somehow blanked on Chesnaught getting Synthesis.

People have until Saturday, 23:59, GMT +2, to vote. (Maybe a bit longer since this took longer to get up than it should, but I'll leave that up to the council.)

:skarmory:
:skarmory: Mega Skarmory

New Ability
: Sword of Ruin

Type
: Steel | Flying

New Stats

HP: 65
Attack: 80 → 105 (+25)
Defense: 140 → 180 (+40)
Special Attack: 40
Special Defense: 70 → 90 (+20)
Speed: 70 → 85 (+15)
BST: 465 → 565

New Moves:
- Guard Split

Description:
1) Design concept
- It is often mentioned in the Pokédex entries how, in ancient times, people used Skarmory's feathers as swords or as a motif for weapons. If we go by Greek mythology--after all, Skarmory is partially based on stymphalian birds--, you would have the desastrous aspect of this ability. These birds were considered a plague and would often devastate people, animals, and the harvest.
- I imagine this M Skarmory would be even more of a ferocious battler against Corviknight, a Pokémon that it doesn't like to share a place in the air with, according to the Pokédex. Funnily enough, M Skarmory increases physical damage output while M Corviknight's Intimidate reduces physical damage output, further underlining the relationship between them.

2) Competitive
- M Skarmory has many tools to make Sword of Ruin appealing. First of all, you don't necessarily need to run an offensive set as the ability still affects Body Press. That way, you can maintain the defensive qualities of Skarmory while also dishing out more damage with Body Press. Of course, SD sets are also possible lategame. Take a hit pre-Mega and trigger Weak Armor, set up SD, and then try to clean afterwards.
- In VGC, M Skarmory pairs well with Ground Pokémon, especially the Earthquake users, like Garchomp, Landorus-T, Mamoswine or Great Tusk. And it pressures Grass and Ice Pokémon for them! M Skarmory also offers speed control in Tailwind, Rock Tomb, and Icy Wind. It also has Feint to break Protect or Wide Guard. Moreover, Whirlwind is a perfectly viable option to prevent Trick Room from being set up and force opponents to have the new Pokémon (that got replaced due to Whirlwind) take the damage or switch out to another Pokémon.
- A gimmicky option would involve Guard Split to make sure that the ally takes less damage from physical moves in particulaar due to M Skarmory's high Def

:gs/skarmory:
Name: Mega-Skarmory
Typing: Steel/Flying
Ability: Magnet Pull
Stats:

ATK: 120 (+40)
DEF: 160 (+20)
SPA: 50 (+10)
SPD: 80 (+10)
SPE: 90 (+20)

I've always liked the idea of YoloSkarm in ADV, a defensive Pokemon that usually gets hard countered by one specific Pokemon running an offensive set to flip the tables on its face has always intrigued me, but of course, sets like that become increasingly more niche as power creep increases, so here's my modern take on this idea. Its newfound stats allow it to outspeed and OHKO an unsuspecting Magnezone trying to hard-switch into it after an Iron Defense, but this is obviously niche. Mega Skarmory's true role lies in its ability to trap and set up Iron Defense on Ferrothorn and opposing Skarmory, which makes it unbreakable on the physical side and boosts Body Press to unholy degrees, making it essentially an improved Body Press Magnezone as a win condition.

Of course, it's still good ol' Skarmory and strong special attackers will shit on it with no issue, but it's sure to find a niche on balance and stall teams that want a strong, reliable win condition with tons of defensive utility.

Despite not having magnet-related flavor, Magnet Pull can be justified on Skarmory as, it's a metal bird, and birds are known for being able to detect magnetic fields, so there's a correlation there. Skarmory is also commonly found around mountains and caves, which gives it a bit more relation to rocks.
Upon Mega Evolving, Skarmory develops a strong magnetic pull around it, allowing it to retract its sharp steel feathers back into its body and also allowing it to prey on Steel type Pokemon, which it can eat and also repurpose to strengthen its own armor.

:sm/skarmory:
:skarmory: Mega Skarmory:skarmory:
New Ability: Sharpness
Type:
Steel
Fighting

New stats:
Attack: 120 (+40)
Defense: 165 (+25)
Special Defense: 86 (+16)
Speed: 89 (+19)
Total: 565

New moves: Sacred Sword
Mega Skarmory takes on a completely different role from its base form! Instead of being a physical wall, Mega Skarmory is a strong physical wallbreaker that is also bulky enough to take hits for its team. Mega Skarmory becomes Steel/Fighting to gain STAB on Sacred Sword, which which hits extremely hard when boosted by Sharpness. Flavor-wise, many of Skarmory's Pokedex entries, primarily Pokemon Crystal, state that people used Skarmory's shedded feathers to craft swords because of how sharp they were. The flavor of its Fighting type stem from its combative nature, as well as how swords are used in conflict and war.

:sv/skarmory:
Mega Skarmory
Type:
Steel / Flying
Ability: Iron Barbs
Stats:
HP: 65​
Att: 90 (+10)
Def: 170 (+30)
SpA: 70 (+30)
SpD: 90 (+20)
Spe: 80 (+10)

Mega Skarmory's sharp feathers form plumes of spikes, and its disposition becomes as thorny as its body. As it Mega Skarmory eats, its spines dissuade other Pokemon from challenging it for its kill, and anything foolish enough to try to steal a bite will be met with a vicious pecking.

Mega Skarmory is excellent at punishing contact moves. It double resists U-turn, resists Rapid Spin, de facto resists Knock Off, and is immune to an important non-contact physical move in Earthquake.

:sv/skarmory:
Mega Skarmory
Type:
Steel / Flying
Ability: Weak Armor
Stats:
Att: 150 (+70)
Def: 140 (+0)
SpA: 40 (+0)
SpD: 85 (+15)
Spe: 85 (+15)
Added moves: Rock Slide, Stone Edge
Hear me out: Swords Dance Skarmory. Base Skarmory carves itself a very basic niche, so I had decided that its Mega should take a whole different path. With its high attack stat and a high power Brave Bird, it can sweep games given it gets the speed boost. Its newfound coverage lets it bypass its checks (+2 252 Atk Skarmory Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 388-458 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO).

Mega Skarmory
New Ability
: Puncture (This pokemon's physical attacks lower the opponent's defense by 1 stage.)

New stats:
Attack: 110 (+30)
Defense: 150 (+10)
Special Attack: 50 (+10)
Special Defense: 95 (+25)
Speed: 95 (+25)
(565 BST)

New moves: none
Description:
" Its armor has sharpened to the point where its Pecks can pierce through even the hardest of steels. They are known to be extremely aggressive and will attack intruders at first sight"

This Skarmory aims to be a defensive mon that uses the free defense drops provided by its ability to force switches which rack up hazard damage and let it make progress against the opponent. Its good speed for a defensive mon (even uninvested) ensures it can get a free defense drop against slower opponents (and if it can't, its good bulk will take care of the rest), while its good attack enables its attacks to hit hard before and after the defense drop. And of course, with Roost and an amazing defensive typing, it can withstand whatever the opponent throws at it, further perfecting its role defensively. However, lending credit to its good speed and decent attack, it is not limited to defensive builds and can run SD sets which can take advantage of pre-mega Weak Armor and become a powerful offensive threat with its ability. In particular, Rock Tomb makes for good coverage against mons like Zapdos and a great way to control its opponent thanks to providing a speed drop on top of weakening the opponent's defense.

In VGC, it could also make for an interesting Tailwind setter. With its existing attributes of amazing bulk and defensive typing, Skarmory can set Tailwind [and use Rock Tomb to control the opponent] and spread defense drops with its attacks, while its teammates [physical attackers especially] use those defense drops to finish the opponent off. Notably, because these drops also weaken the opponent's defense, in a way they can be used to bypass Intimidate's attack drops, lending this mega helpful for teams that can't fit a Defiant user. Additionally, ID+BP sets also become even more powerful from this ability, though you may lose out on the support potential the mega could bring to a team.

:ss/Skarmory:
Skarmory- Mega
Steel/Fighting
Ability:
Sturdy/Keen Eye/Weak Armor-> Agitation (When the user is hit by a super-effective move, they receive +2 Atk and SpA).
Stats
HP:
Atk: 120 (+40)
Def: 140
SpA: 55 (+15)
SpD: 95 (+25)
Spe: 90 (+20)
New Moves: +Jump Kick

"I haven't slept for days because the earthquakes frighten me so! Every night we had them!"

Calling back to its role as the first boss in the original Mystery Dungeon, Skarmory is now agitated by super-effective attacks, boosting its power; this in conjunction with Swords Dance or Agility allows it to become a terrifying sweeper. Steel/Fighting grants Skarmory more weaknesses, and thus more chances to proc the ability, while still having the bulk to tank some important super-effective hits (most notably Earthquake). Jump Kick grants Skarmory a usable Fighting STAB which can benefit from Agitation while not being crazy to outclass Body Press on base Skarmory (i.e. so base doesn't completely invalidate Magnezone). Skarmory already packs STAB Iron Head to beat back Fairy types, and though no longer STAB Brave Bird is still a handy coverage option thanks to its high BP. You can alternatively slot Rock Slide in order to hit Zapdos, or Night Slash to circumvent the Slowtwins if you really need to. These obstacles mean that Mega Skarmory is best used as a late-game cleaner, preferably on offense teams that can take on these problem Pokemon; Weavile is naturally a great partner with how it threatens Zapdos and Slowbro, and can Pursuit the otherwise annoying Ghosts of the format.

:ss/skarmory:
Mega Skarmory
Ability
: Keen Eye / Sturdy / (Weak Armor) -> Mirror Armor
Type: Steel / Flying

New Stats:
Attack: 80 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 140 -> 160 (+20)
Special Attack: 40 -> 50 (+10)
Special Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Speed: 70 -> 90 (+20)
(565 BST)

New moves: N/A
Description: Why change the peak of all physical walls? Skarmory has been given a usable attack stat, an even higher defense stat, and a decent defensive ability in Mirror Armor, allowing it to reflect all negative stat changes. There really isn't a whole lot to say about Big Skarmory. You sacrifice holding an item and your Mega slot for a great, very difficult to break physical wall. It's passivity is remedied somewhat by its new and improved Attack stat. It still has the same weaknesses as regular Skarmory- that being a subpar Special Defense- but it's still a very solid defensive option.

patch notes: gave skarmory some spd and some speed

Mega Skarmory + Collab with Clas +
Steel/Flying
stats
HP- 65
ATK- 105(+25)
DEF- 160(+20)
SPA- 50(+10)
SPD- 100(+30)
SPE- 85(+15)
Blade Armor: The user's slicing moves deal damage based off its defense

:bw/skarmory:
Mega Skarmory
Ability: Poison Point

Stats:
ATK: 80 -> 95 (+15)
DEF: 140 -> 158 (+18)
SPA: 40 -> 40 (+0)
SPD: 70 -> 105 (+35)
SPE: 70-> 102 (+32)
New Moves: None

Skarmory's Moon Pokedex entry states that "its metal body is sturdy, but it does rust rather easily". Mega Skarmory is now covered in rust. Being injured or poked by rusted metal puts you at risk for all sorts of ailments and illnesses, hence Poison Point.

Mega Skarmory takes advantage of its toolkit to spread passive damage that racks up over time. With the combination of Spikes, Whirlwind, and poison damage, Skarmory can easily wear down opponents.

~ Mega Skarmory is excellent counter to contact moves. With a double resistance to one of the most common contact moves in U-Turn, a new resistance to Knock Off due to its mega stone, and great defensive typing in general, it easily can sit there and threaten many Pokemon with poison.

~ When Skarmory is randomly forcing enemies to come in no matter the matchup, the temptation to click a move like U-Turn is high. However, Mega-Skarmory easily punishes those plays. The risk of becoming poisoned, along with the fact that your switch in will have to deal with Spikes, means that what would be a quick and easy way of dealing with the problem is instead turned into a dangerous gambit.

~ It just so happens that the two types of Pokemon that are immune to Poison are also two types that Skarmory has a very good matchup against. Poison type Pokemon struggle with the fact that Skamory is immune both Poison type attacks and the status, while Steel types are nailed by super-effective Body Presses. It also does well against the meta's most prominent Magic Guard user, Mega Zangoose, with Body Press and the Steel typing both doing great against the Normal type mongoose.

~ I also wanted to take some time to explain what differentiates Poison Point Mega-Skarmory over Iron Barbs, due to them both being focused on contact effects. Iron Barbs always triggers on contact moves, but can only trigger when the opponent hits Mega Skarmory with a contact move. Poison Point only has a chance to activate, but it persists even when Mega Skarmory is not being hit or on the field. It also synergizes with Whirlwind/Roar, due to the fact that poison damage takes place after the opponent has been swapped in.

~ 95 Attack on Mega-Skarmory ensures a kill on Mega-Jumpluff with Brave Bird, even if Jumpluff is running max defense. 105 Special Defense guarantees that non-Choice Specs Magnezone never kills Mega-Skarmory with Thunderbolt from full with max HP and 4 Special Defense EVs, and 102 speed means that Mega-Skarmory always speed ties a max speed Magnezone with zero investment.

:skarmory: Skarmory-Mega
New Ability:
Steel Corrupter = This Pokemon's Steel attacks deal damage to other Steel types super-effectively (after other types factored in).

New Stats:
HP: 065
Attack: 080 → 110 (+30)
Defense: 140 → 150 (+10)
Special Attack: 040 → 040 (+00)
Special Defense: 070 → 100 (+30)
Speed: 070 → 100 (+30)
(465 BST → 565 BST)

New Moves
: U-Turn (hey, if that obnoxiously bulky jerk Corviknight can get it...)
Description: "Its ferocity increased and its body streamlined, it obsesses over perfecting its beautiful body, shedding the would-be weakness of its previous rust-prone form onto Steel-type foes."

Not much to say about this Mega beyond that it's weird not to do Mantine at the same time, but eh. Having gradually fallen from grace, in large part due to Corviknight existing now, I rather quickly decided on the flavor for Skarmory's Mega by thinking "hey, what if Skarmory-Mega could do something directly about that mon?", especially after being reminded of its Pokedex issues that deal with its supposed susceptibility to rust. I didn't want to use the pseudo-status of Salt Cure to do that, so instead it "just" hits other Steel-types super-effectively with its own Steel attacks. This means that, if nothing else, Skarmory-Mega would have the unique niche of obliterating the overly privileged Steel/Fairy mons that exist by turning their once-neutral-to-Steel typing into in a 4x weak-to-Steel one. See you in Hell, Klefki. (Hilariously, U-Turn--if allowed--screws over Magnezone far more than its ability does, though Magnet Pull and Magnezone has been on borrowed time for years anyway, so whatever.)

:druddigon:
:bw/druddigon:
Name: Mega-Druddigon
Typing: Dragon
Ability: Contrary
Stats:

HP: 77
ATK: 151 (+31)
DEF: 102 (+12)
SPA: 105 (+45)
SPD: 102 (+12)
SPE: 48 (+0)

Mega Druddigon stands out as the strongest Contrary user ever introduced in Pokemon (yes, even stronger than Enamorus!), thanks to its high powered Draco Meteor, which is effectively a 130 BP STAB Nasty Plot coming off a 105 special attack stat. Not only that, but Druddigon also has Superpower to boost its Attack and Defense while hitting Steel types for super-effective damage. As further proof of its raw strength alone, it has Poison type moves such as Gunk Shot and Sludge Bomb to hit Fairy types and Fire type moves to hit Steel types not weak to Fighting.

So, basically, it's impossible to wall Druddigon reliably, so, how do you beat this monster? Well, look at its other stats...While its not frail, it can't really afford to invest into its bulk at all, making it fairly easy to wear down and remove. Its low Speed stat only makes this issue worse, as its easily overwhelmed by faster teams and being forced to invest into its speed in order to be faster than many defensive mons only cuts into its bulk even more.

While being relegated to a somewhat flawed wallbreaker in Singles, it is sure to find a place in Doubles as a Trick Room abuser. These teams allow Druddigon to patch up its poor Speed stat, and it can even make itself even slower with a Contrary Scale Shot, which lowers its Speed and boosts its Defense. It notably likes the support of Fairy and Dragon resists that can cover its Trick Room needs and lessen its bad Fairy matchup. As such, Stakataka (and any other Steel type Trick Room setters) but Fairy types such as Hatterene and Mimikyu are good partners as well.

Contrary is pretty...weird flavour-wise, many mons that get the ability don't seem to have much in common, but we can salvage something out of it.
Contrary's Japanese name roughly translates to "Pervesity", which fits Druddigon's gargoyle and dragon motifs of being creatures of evil..It's pokedex entries support that, too!
"Druddigon are vicious and cunning." -Druddigon's Shield Entry-
With all this in mind, Contrary could be read as Druddigon becoming even more vicious after Mega Evolving, having its design resemble gargoyle's demonic look even more.

:sm/druddigon:
:druddigon:Mega Druddigon:druddigon:
New Ability
: Sheer Force
Type:
Dragon
Fire

New stats:
Attack: 125
Defense: 112 (+22)
Special Attack: 100 (+40)
Special Defense: 110 (+20)
Speed: 66 (+18)
Total: 585

New moves: Fire Blast, Morning Sun
Contrary to its more defensive base form, Mega Druddigon is a mixed Sheer Force wallbreaker with a strong typing both offensively and defensively. Mega Druddigon can also choose to support itself and its team with moves such as Stealth Rock, Glare, and Morning Sun, and gains Fire Blast as a stronger, albeit less reliable, STAB move that takes advantage of Sheer Force. For flavor, Druddigon warms itself by absorbing sunlight, and will turn still if its body temperature falls. The sun is fiery and hot (despite not actually being on fire), so I feel that the Fire type is quite fitting for Mega Druddigon.

:sv/druddigon:
Mega Druddigon
Type:
Dragon
Ability: Shed Skin
Stats:
HP: 77​
Att: 120​
Def: 130 (+40)
SpA: 60​
SpD: 120 (+30)
Spe: 78 (+30)

Druddigon's most notable mechanical feature has always been its weirdly wide pool of utility moves—Stealth Rock, Glare, Taunt, Dragon Tail, Pursuit—as well as its ability to maintain offensive pressure with coverage moves like Gunk Shot and Sucker Punch. Shed Skin improves defensive and utility sets by healing poison self-inflicted sleep from Rest. Offensive Hone Claws sets are also improved, both because Shed Skin can heal burns and because its huge increase in bulk lets it set up more freely.

:bw/Druddigon:
:Druddigon:Mega Druddigon
New Ability
: Rough Skin
Type: Dragon/Fairy

New stats:
Attack: 140 (+20)
Defense: 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 120 (+30)
Speed: 38 (-10)

New moves: Flip Turn, Play Rough, Spirit Break, Moonlight

Description:
I took inspiration from Gargoyles being depicted both as sprits of evil, and of good. They look horrifying, and are known to petrify people, but are placed on the roofs of cathedrals. This contrast led me to the fairy typing.
For the stats, I looked to see how it was used in the past generations, often as a stealth rocker and defensive mon. I buffed the defenses and kept rough skin to keep the defensive profile, but added attack to help give it more depth.
The moves are partly based on the gargoyle inspiration (gargoyles name comes from the French word to gurgle, and they are said to be a stone form of beings that shot water from their mouths) and fairy moves to use its new type. Moonlight and Flip Turn are very useful new tools as a primarily defensive mon. Or you can just hit big mean STAB on a 140 attack mon, which also works

Mega Druddigon
Type:
Dragon / Ground
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Stats:
Att: 133 (+13)
Def: 102 (+12)
SpA: 85 (+25)
SpD: 122 (+32)
Spe: 66 (+18)
Added moves: Swords Dance, Morning Sun, Fire Blast
All the good ideas have been taken... Druddigon's flavor revolves around two things: that it's cold-blooded and that it lives in caves. Its new Ground typing allows it to block Volt Switches and conveniently wall Washtom, especially since Thermal Exchange cures burn upon Mega-Evolution; it also gives it a Stealth Rock resistance letting it pivot more often. The new STAB combination is way better, especially considering it's able to tech in Fire-moves for Skarmory.

:druddigon: Mega Druddigon
New Ability
: Protosynthesis
Type: Dragon/Rock
New stats:
Attack: 120 + 35 = 155
Defense: 90 + 45 = 135
Special Attack: 60 + 1 = 61
Special Defense: 90 + 19 = 109
Speed: 48
(BST)

New moves: Stone Edge, Head Smash, Morning Sun, Trick Room

Description: Druddigon cannot move without sun, so I wanted to emphasize on that. Moreover, Druddigon-Mega would be the only Protosynthesis abuser in M4A Kalos Dex.

Overall, it serves its role as a slow bulky breaker (with Protosynthesis boosted 155 Atk hitting hard, and Hone Claws + Stone Edge is kinda nice), but it can also easily fit a role as a tank/bulky support with its great movepool (Glare, Toxic, Taunt, Roar, Stealth Rocks) and nice bulk as well as somewhat niche yet useful resistances, and Morning Sun adds on that. Trick Room allows Druddigon-Mega + Torkoal to go really, really hard in VGC.

(Note: the stats are odd as possible as a reference to the fact Protosynthesis users have odd stats, thanks Lord for reminding me of that!)

:ss/Druddigon:
Druddigon- Mega
Dragon
Ability: Rough Skin/Mold Breaker/Sheer Force-> Solid Rock
Stats
Atk: 145 (+25)
Def: 100 (+10)
SpA: 75 (+15)
SpD: 120 (+30)
Spe: 68 (+20)

New Moves
: +Morning Sun

Druddigon's most notable feature is its "hard-as-a-rock face", but since making it Rock type would mostly hobble a defensive/utility Pokemon, Solid Rock seemed a more viable way to implement this flavor. Dragon is an odd case where its defensive profile is solid on paper but overwhelmed in practice due to its weaknesses; Solid Rock alleviates this issue, allowing Druddigon to make the most of its natural resists. A hefty buff to SpD does well to combat the Fairy weakness in particular while covering the more special focus of Fire and Electric, while Morning Sun (a move Drud SHOULD already have given its Dex entries) provides longevity without being overly spammable.

Thanks to this boosted defensive profile, Mega Druddigon can make more use of its solid set of utility options, setting Stealth Rocks, spreading status with Glare or Toxic, phasing with STAB Dragon Tail and occasionally trapping with Pursuit. The buff to its Atk means Druddigon is far from passive, too, as it can easily use Gunk Shot or Iron Head to demolish Fairies or Earthquake to pressure most Steel types. Drud can even apply Taunt to shut down slower defensive Pokemon. All these options make Mega Druddigon a good option for bulky teams, where Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Slowbro can complete annoying defensive cores while sweeper teammates clean up the pieces left after Druddigon's onslaught of annoyance.

Mega Druddigon
Ability
: Regenerator
Stats:
Hp: 77
Att: 120 -> 130 (+10)
Def: 90 -> 105 (+15)
SpA: 60 -> 95 (+35)
SpD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Spe: 48 -> 63 (+15)

New Moves: Fire Blast

Description: So first off, this gets Heat Wave & Flamethrower but not Fire Blast? On an actual competitive note, I wanted to differentiate Druddigon from Haxorus as they're both pure Dragon megas. I could add another typing but I felt like pure Dragon is cooler. I looked at Druddigon's movepool and found a decent amount of utility and thought, RegenVest? I realized I was making a mega a while later but by then it was too late and its fine without vest anyway. Druddigon makes itself a Regenerator mon with utility in Glare, Rocks, Taunt, Dragon Tail, & Toxic/Sludge Bomb. It still backs a punch with 130/95 offenses though its fairly slow. It has plenty of coverage on both sides but its special side has better coverage in general, mostly lacking the physical side's Ground coverage. Druddigon can also run Rough Skin pre mega to switch into a contact for some chip. I gave it better Special bulk to provide some mind games as you'd want to hit it with physical moves but if it doesn't mega immediately, you can potentially get some more Rough Skin chip. That of course is very unlikely, but I find it cool. Overall, Druddigon is a mixed pivot with utility and has plenty of coverage on both sides allowing for it to not be too passive.

i love this project and what better place to start submitting for it than one of my favorite underrated pokemon

:ss/druddigon:
Mega Druddigon
Ability
: Mold Breaker / Rough Skin / Sheer Force -> Mold Breaker
Type: Dragon / Ground

New Stats:
Attack: 120 -> 135 (+15)
Defense: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Speed: 48
(585 BST)

New moves: +Roost, Defog
Description: Druddigon has always been used as a pretty solid utility Pokemon down in the lower tiers of PU, and this Mega gives it a chance to bring its great utility and coverage to the land of higher tiers! One of Druddigon's biggest glaring issues has always been its lack of recovery. Shore Up remedies that by giving it Roost. The additional Ground typing gives it a very solid offensive presence with STAB Earthquakes as well. But the real focus of this is of course the utility. Solid bulk, Mold Breaker, and access to such strong utility moves as Glare, Stealth Rock, Dragon Tail, Defog, and Taunt makes Mega Druddigon a formidable utility that can do many a thing: spread paralysis, set hazards, remove hazards, phaze, stallbreak, the list goes on. Unfortunately, the biggest glaring flaw of Druddigon- its horrible Speed- still remains. But regardless, its bulk, utility, and offensive power should be enough to justify its existence alone.

A collab with:obstagoon:
Mega Druddigon
Ability: Petrification (Ice Immunity; If hit by an Ice type attack, the Rock type is added to the user)
Stats:
Att: 165 (+45)
Def: 120 (+30)
SpA: 60 (+0)
SpD: 115 (+25)
Spe: 48 (+0)
New Moves: Morning Sun, Rock Blast, Spikes

Druddigon is based on Gargoyles, stone sculptures that were given life, and Petrification tries to re-enforce that flavor. Druddigon's Pokedex Entries often mention that if Druddigon stays outside of sunlight for too long, it stops moving completely, fundamentally becoming a statue, Mega Druddigon, on the other hand, becomes a literal statue, but this one ain't your average one, this one is actually alive
Druddigon is an interesting Pokémon as it has quite a bit of utility tools that it can utilize but it’s typing has many issues defensively, and gained more only one generation later.

With its new ability Petrification it can become a switchin to Ice type Pokémon or Pokémon with Ice coverage when it resists the stabs. As it’s pure dragon typing does have some notable resistances to water and electric.

It’s ability is really unique, as unlike with most gained immunity, it’s additional effect is positive and negative.

Gaining the Rock type gives it resistance to Flying, Normal, Poison, and bolsters it’s resistance to Fire. In addition to Rock stab, all solid new tools. But it does remove its resists to Grass and Water. Some pretty integral resistances, it also gains weaknesses to Fighting, Steel, and most notably Ground. Which forces it out of the field.

We granted it access to a recovery move in Morning Sun that fits it thematically, and also gave it some new tools in spikes and Rock Blast to act as stab when Druddigon is a Rock Type.

It will fill a defensive role on a team but its great attack will allow it not to be passive. As it sets rocks and Dragon Tails the opponent out. It can run Fire Punch for Ferrothorn, or Toxic mons such as Zapdos as they come in to Defog. It can also threaten said Zapdos when it’s a Rock type. Its most unique tool is Glare, allowing it to Paralyze Ground types such as Garchomp or Hippowdon when they come in, while allowing Druddigon to outspeed many faster defensive checks and possibly also Taunt them before they can try to heal HP back or Toxic Druddigon.

Overall Druddigon could be a very unique Pokémon and a great addition to the Kalos Metagame.

Mega Druddigon
Dragon
stats
HP- 77
ATK- 140(+20)
DEF- 100(+10)
SPA- 85(+25)
SPD- 100(+10)
SPE- 83(+35)
BST- 585
Perch: At the end of each turn, if this pokemon did not deal direct damage its defense increases by 1 stage, when it lands an attacking move its defense it reset to 0

New Move: Morning Sun, Body Press, Power Trip

:druddigon: Druddigon-Mega
New Ability
: Earth Eater
Type: Dragon/Fire

New Stats
:
HP: 077
Attack: 120 → 150 (+30)
Defense: 090 → 120 (+30)
Special Attack: 060 → 078 (+18)
Special Defense: 090 → 120 (+30)
Speed: 048 → 040 (-08)
(485 BST → 585 BST)

New Moves:
Flare Blitz, Morning Sun
Description: "The energy of Mega Evolution heats Druddigon from within, making it both fiercer and lazier as well in need of sometimes eating earth to lower its new high internal temperature."

This was easily the most annoying mon of the three to think of a Mega for, in part because I've barely ever used it even though it's a decent enough mon--Glare is a hell of a drug. In looking up its Pokedex flavor and then its actual stats, I mostly struggled trying to think of something that either wouldn't be too dependent on weather or just an inferior version of an existent and likely non-Mega Dragon mon, especially since by virtue of its stats it's basically stuck being defensive on some level outside of Trick Room. Also, while Dragon/Rock would fit a lot, Rock unfortunately is a hideous defensive typing and Tyrantum(-Mega) already exists as a still meh mon despite already doing anything that would-be Dragon/Rock Druddigon-Mega could do even with actual Rock Head and Head Smash.

So eventually I just decided on this after making a Sun-adjacent-but-not-dependent ability that I ultimately didn't like after realizing it would just make this Druddigon-Mega an inferior Charizard-Mega-X offensively. That revelation had me going "why am I not just making this actual Dragon/Fire again (besides Stealth Rock}?" While Stealth Rock is still an issue, unlike Charizard Druddigon can switch in without being weak to Stealth Rock much less losing half of its life to that hazard before transforming, and even after transforming, it still "only" loses 25% while having actual recovery now. It's definitely still offensively inferior to Charizard-Mega-X on the non-Ubers Dragon/Fire front, but it's not trying to outdo that there. Instead, it's leveraging how good of a typing Dragon/Fire actually is even just defensively, especially once you cover one of its only three weaknesses. So this Druddigon-Mega mainly just tries to still focus on being defensive, especially now that it's immune to Burn, gets STAB on Fire Punch (if it doesn't want to use Flare Blitz), and can tank Ground attacks for its teammates (as long as they're not from Mold Breaker mons) for its teammate whether it's on Sun or not. (The slightly lowered Speed also helps any potential Trick Room strategies without being anywhere near as oppressive as Slowking-Mega on that front, especially since I intentionally dumped some of its would-be Atk into SpA. Finally, this is pretty damn good check to Heatmor-Mega unless I guess you get it's running Body Slam and you get really unlucky with paralysis; also a great check to Heatran in the wider formats as long as you can avoid Toxic or, I guess, the insane people who would run Specs Ancient Power.)

:chesnaught:
:chesnaught: Mega Chesnaught

New Ability
: Flash Fire

Type
: Grass | Fighting

New Stats

HP: 88
Attack: 107 → 137 (+30)
Defense: 122 → 142 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 → 95 (+20)
Speed: 64 → 94 (+30)
BST: 530 → 630

New Moves:
- Ice Hammer, Body Press

Description:
1) Design concept
- Chesnaught has lots of knight motifs, such as its shield, the way its body is structured like an armor, and its class within an RPG. Thus, I decided to expand on them by emphasizing a legendary knight's courage and ability to deal with dragons. Flash Fire guarantees M Chesnaught can withstand a Dragon's fire, allowing it to retaliate as a result!

2) Competitive
- Flash Fire offers great defensive utility to M Chesnaught, allowing it to check or wall Rotom-Heat, Chandelure, Houndoom, Torkoal, M Solrock, and M Heliolisk, among others in Kalos. Sun abusers deserve a special mention here since, apparently, it has been an issue in Kalos. In NatDex, M Chesnaught can check, inter alia, Heatran, Venusaur, some Volcarona, and Blaziken as far as Pokémon with Fire moves are concerned. In VGC, it would handle Chi-Yu, Incineroar, and Arcanine which are some of the most common Pokémon of the metagame.
- Since M Chesnaught can't get burned from a Fire move, it has a much easier time going for a Body Press + Iron Defense combo. Other set up options can also work, like Bulk Up, SD or Belly Drum. More disruptive sets consisting of Spikes and / or Leech Seed shoud also be effective due to its resistance profile. At the same time, M Chesnaught isn't 100% unfair to Fire Pokémon, especially in Kalos where you still have stuff like Moltres and M Simisear able to pressure it!
- Most importantly, as far as flavour goes, it's a knight able to withstand a Dragon's fire, allowing it to check Garchomp (especially the mixed variant), Hydreigon, Salamence, and some other Dragon I might be forgetting. Ice Hammer is exclusively here to handle Dragon Pokémon better; I'd argue it isn't that farfetched considering, as a fighter in an RPG game, it can run any weapon it wants to. Moreover, Chesnaught already knows Hammer Arm which is pretty much the same as Ice Hammer.

:chesnaught: Mega Chesnaught:chesnaught:
New Ability
: Iron Fist
Type:
Grass
Fighting

New stats:
Attack: 137 (+30)
Defense: 162 (+40)
Special Attack: 84
Special Defense: 93 (+18)
Speed: 76 (+12)
Total: 630

New moves: Close Combat, Mach Punch, Headlong Rush
Mega Chesnaught utilizes its high Attack stat, Iron Fist, utility such as Spikes, and strong STAB moves in Horn Leech and Close Combat to function as a wallbreaker that can keep itself healthy throughout a match. Additionally, Chesnaught gains Mach Punch for a chance to circumvent its mediocre Speed stat, and Headlong Rush to hit Pokemon such as Volcanion and Mega Clawitzer harder. As for flavor, Chesnaught's Pokedex entries mentioned it can block explosive blasts with its hands in a defensive stance. If Chesnaught can block a literal bomb with its hands, it can probably throw a very meaningful punch.

:sv/chesnaught:
Mega Chesnaught
Type:
Grass/Fighting
Ability: Stamina
Stats:
Att: 120 (+13)
Def: 152 (+30)
SpA: 79 (+5)
SpD: 112 (+37)
Spe: 79 (+15)
Added moves: Body Press

Stamina was originally an oversight as I thought it only triggered on contact moves, but I still find it interesting due to its synergy with Body Press that lets it hit quite hard after coming on a Knock or a EQ. The added SpDef reflects the magic resistance given to warriors in several RPGs.

I love fighter characters, they're versatile and have a really unique template of design.

:XY/Chesnaught:
Mega Chesnaught
Type: Grass / Fighting
Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats:
Atk: 107 -> 127 (+20)
Def: 122 -> 142 (+20)
SpA: 74
SpD: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Spe: 64 -> 104 (+40)

Concept: "Betrayed by its allies, Chesnaught's Shield has grown stronger to protect itself from all forms of magical foes."
Chesnaught is one part of a trio, alongside Greninja and Delphox they represent the The Fighter, The Rogue and The Mage. Chesnaught possesses a powerful shield to protect itself from the magic and in its mega form its shield has grown stronger, able to repel all forms of magic.

Competitive Design: Chesnaught at its core is a defensive stopgap for certain offensive mons(as its typing and speed tier permits). It is meant to annoy and make progress through passive damage(Spiky Shield, Leech Seed, Spikes). While still having a certain amount of offensive utility with its decent attack. Chesnaught can make use of moves like Wood Hammer to remove Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Slowbro. It also shuts down Ferrothorn phenomenally well. Gaining health through its strong STAB Drain Punch while denying Leech Seed, Thunder Wave, Knock Off, and Hazards. Chesnaught might seem like it doesn't have longevity however it can use its Drain Punch, its very fast Leech Seed, and also its access to less reliable recovery in Synthesis and Pain Split.

Additionally it has some extra versatility, it could run Bulk Up since with Magic Bounce it is unaffected by Toxic and can potentially sweep with Drain Punch. It can run Roar which is quite notably un-tauntable. Theoretically since it is faster than the removal options it could run Taunt itself to prevent defoggers and sweepers from boosting past itself.

Chesnaught pairs incredibly well with offensive Zapdos, allowing it to forgo its defogging role and just run rampant on this tier while it already checks opposing Zapdos. Its biggest issue defensively is Weavile but it pairs well with Steel types that can softcheck Weavile

:sv/chesnaught:
Mega Chesnaught
Type:
Grass / Fighting
Ability: Intimidate
Moves:
Stats:

HP: 88​
Att: 137 (+30)
Def: 142 (+20)
SpA: 84 (+10)
SpD: 105 (+30)
Spe: 74 (+10)

"Its Tackle is forceful enough to flip a 50-ton tank. It shields its allies from danger with its own body."

Upon mega evolving, Chesnaught becomes more willing than ever to throw itself into battle to protect those it cares about. Chesnaught was already pretty tough-looking to begin with, but the sight of Mega Chesnaught glaring out from its fortress of spikes is enough to unnerve any aggressor. However, Mega Chesnaught is still a pacifist at heart, so while it will do whatever it takes to fight off those who endanger its friends, it's not looking to defeat them; it's satisfied if they just run away. Additionally, while it will stalwartly defend its allies to the bitter end, it's not particularly concerned with its own safety. If something were to attack it directly, it would still be hard to take down (that armor isn't just for show) but it won't be the indomitable wall that it would be if the attack were directed at someone else.

Translated into mechanics, Intimidate means Mega Chesnaught functions best when it's directly switching into opponents and forcing them out with the Attack drop. However, it doesn't gain any extra defensive potential against things that switch into it.

Mega Chesnaught
New Ability
: Bulwark (When this pokemon's stats are lowered, raise its Defense by 2 stages.)
Type: Grass/Fighting

New stats:
Attack: 137 (+30)
Defense: 152 (+30)
Special Attack: 74
Special Defense: 115 (+30)
Speed: 74 (+10)
(630 BST)

New moves: Body Press
Description:
This pokemon aims to be a unique kind of tank in the Kalos Dex singles and doubles metas. With its main niche being a Spiker with a unique defensive profile, this mega aims to bolster that niche with much improved bulk and an ability that punishes Defog. Bulwark punishes foes for removing its hazards with a free Iron Defense, making it harder to answer physically. It is no slouch on the special side either, with its good special bulk making it harder to break there. The addition of Body Press synergizes with Bulwark's +2 to defense and gives Chesnaught a means to hit back and hit back hard. Between that and a still solid physical attack stat (with high-powered Grass STAB in Wood Hammer), this mega can provide an effective anti-hazard removal measure to your team.
In VGC, this mon returns to its singles roots to serve an effective role there too. Whereas this Chesnaught's niche in Singles was predicated on hazards, in VGC it aims to capitalize on the prevalence of stat drops, notably from Intimidate, to make itself nigh-unnreakable on the physical side and start sweepimg with Body Press. Once again, its unique set of resistances (and immunity to Rage Powder/Spore) come in handy and let Mega Chesnaught switch in on a variety of common attacks in the meta, while its solid attack stat ensures it is not too passive without Body Press and lets it use its high-powered Grass STAB.

:sv/Chesnaught:
Chesnaught- Mega
Grass/Fighting
Ability: Overgrow/Bulletproof-> Guts
Stats
Atk: 137 (+30)
Def: 147 (+25)
SpA: 84 (+10)
SpD: 95 (+20)
Spe: 79 (+15)

Tanks are naturally vulnerable to status: poison disrupts their longevity, burn can ruin the ability of physical tanks to do damage. However, the valiant Chesnaught now laughs in the face of this status, utilizing it for heightened damage output. The main benefit, alongside Naught's Grass typing, is an ability to freely absorb Scald for physical teammates, threatening most Scald users with its STAB Wood Hammer, even moreso after a Guts boost, while ensuring status spammers think twice before throwing out a Wisp, Toxic or Thunder Wave. Access to this level of power makes Mega Chesnaught either a scary wallbreaker/sweeper using Swords Dance or Bulk Up, or a defensive behemoth that can dish out as much damage as it takes while tossing out Spikes. Chesnaught's defensive profile is naturally bolstered by sponging Knock Off, as well as strong moves like Earthquake and Stone Edge, and can even make use of its Electric resist to proc Guts off of a chance para.

Chesnaught is naturally primed to circumvent burn or poison chip thanks to its recovery options in Synthesis, Leech Seed and especially Guts boosted STAB Drain Punch. For further offensive potential, it can slot Stone Edge to smack incoming Flying types, particularly Mega Drifblim and Zapdos (Zapdos also dislikes switching into Naught's other moves since it can accidentally proc Guts), Thunder Punch for Skarmory, Earthquake for Mega Heatmor or the rare Poison type, and even Iron Head or Poison Jab to catch an incoming Sylveon or Florges. On the utility end, it has Roar to disrupt opposing sweepers and Taunt to shut down opposing walls. Whichever route you choose, Mega Chesnaught has the options, defensive perks and power to pull off whichever task you need.

So, guess what? Speed Boost Chesnaught is gone, reduced to ATOMS

:xy/chesnaught:
Chesnaught-Mega (Armored)
Typing: Grass/Fighting

Atk: 110 (+3)
Def: 149 (+27)
SpA: 95 (+21)
SpD: 124 (+49)
Spe: 64 (+0)

Chesnaught-Mega (Exposed)
Typing: Grass/Fighting

Hp: 88
Atk: 179 (+72)
Def: 85 (-37)
SpA: 149 (+75)
SpD: 65 (-10)
Spe: 64 (+0)

Ability: Thorn Armor (The Pokémon changes its form to Exposed Form when it uses an attack move and changes to Armored Form when it uses Spiky Shield.)
Okay first of all, did you know armadillos actually have really soft bellies? Chesnaught's armor has become so heavy and sturdy to the point where Chesnaught can't defend itself and attack at the same time, in order to attack it needs to expose its soft spots completely, but in compensation now it is able to deliver devastating blows.
Competitive Design: I tried to aim for something that could run Spiky Shiels viably, and that's what Stance Change Thorn Armor aims to do! Chesnaught retains all of its defensive values Pre-Mega, and now also gets even more, but it also gains a lot of offensive value, being able to deliver incredibly strong Close Combats and Wood Hammers, but what differs it from Falinks and Aegislash? Well, the most obvious difference is Chesnaught's typing, Ches has stupidly big defensive stats and access to recovery in Synthesis, but it has a crippling 4x Flying weakness and different from Aegislash and Falinks it doesn't have a Steel type, meaning it can be poisoned and chipped down much more easily, and being forced to run Spiky Shield makes it much more easy to exploit as it can be easily used as setup fodder, but more than that, while Falinks is a Fast Wallbreaker and Aegislash can be either a Slow Breaker or a Status Spreader with Toxic + Substitute sets, Ches is a bulky hazard setter with lots of good resists which can still hit really hard, it notably checks Garchomp, Nasty Plot Rotom-Wash (Any variant if you're running special Ches), Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Mega Mienshao, and Mega Rhyperior, while in Natdex it checks Greninja, Kartana, and Rillaboom, although some of these are able to run coverage for Ches which can heavily damage it and possibly KO it after enough chip.
Swords Dance sets can be quite powerful after mons such as Amoonguss, Rotom-Heat, Weavile and Flying types in general are gone, but Chesnaught's low speed added to its widespread weaknesses means Spiky Shield is mandatory, forcing you to give up on important coverage or even CC as you might want Drain Punch to stay healthy. Overral Chesnaught is just really versatile with really unique attributes that stand out, being able to act both as a Wall and as a Wallbreaker.

Mega Chesnaught
Grass/Fighting
stats
HP- 88
ATK- 127(+20)
DEF- 152(+30)
SPA- 74
SPD- 105(+30)
SPE- 84(+20)
BST- 630
Fertilizer: The user's ground type moves set Grassy Terrain
New Moves: Grassy Glide, Terrain Pulse, High Horsepower

:chesnaught:Chesnaught-Mega Chesnaughtite
New Ability: Iron Barbs
Type:

Stats: 88 / 120 (+13) / 179 (+57) / 94 (+20) / 75 / 74 (+10) [BST: 630]
Weight: 120 kg
New Moves: –
Description: A very simple but very effective use for Chesnaught-mega here: An almost insurmountable physical wall. With this amount of physdef. This amount of bulk coupled to multiple healing options of varying reliability grants it longevity thats often hard to achieve for Leftover-less megas. EDIT: To get in line with council suggestions, put 20 Def and 10 SpD into 20 SpA and 10 Spe to thin out its bulk, making it especially more vulnerable on the special side.

Below, my votes:
:Skarmory:
1) BlueRay
2) jazzmat & Clas
3) WarIncarnate
4) okispokis
5) DrPumpkinz

6) ItzDelta
7) EeveeGirl1380
8) The Damned
9) Turtlek
10) Totally_Odette
11) chemicalmines

:Druddigon:
1) PalpitoadChamp
2) Sticky Fingaaa & Paulluxx
3) ItzaDelta
4) Lysion
5) DrPumpkinz
6) Turtlek

7) The Damned
8) okispokis
9) jazzmat
10) Totally_Odette
11) chemicalmines
12) Sigilyph Bro

:Chesnaught:
1) Paulluxx
2) okispokis
3) BlueRay
4) War Incarnate
5) Gravity Monkey

6) jazzmat
7) Sticky Fingaaa
8) DrPumpkinz
9) Turtlek
10) chemicalmines

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I

1. jazzmat & Clas
2. EeveeGirl1380
3. ItzaDelta (SV)
4. War Incarnate
5. BlueRay
6. okispokis
7. Turtlek
8. DrPumpkinz

1. ItzaDelta (SV)
2. Sticky Fingaa & Paulluxx
3. Lysion
4. PalpitoadChamp
5. Turtlek
6. okispokis
7. DrPumpkinz
8. The Damned

1. BlueRay
2. Paulluxx
3. War Incarnate
4. DrPumpkinz
5. jazzmat
6. okispokis
7. Gravity Monkey
8. Turtlek

Who said sharp objects were ever a problem?
1. War Incarnate (I am the real war incarnate. and yes, I will stand up.)
2. Eeveegirl1380 (I do love me underused abilities being used in interesting ways)
3. BlueRay (An existing ability being used in a new & interesting fashion? Yes please!)
4. okispokis
5. ItzDelta
6. jazzmat & clas
7. DrPumpkinz

A good offense is, indeed, a good defense.
1. BlueRay (based sub, what more can I say)
2. War Incarnate (I am the real war incarnate. and yes, I will stand up.)
3. Paulluxx (based sub, what more can I say)
4. okispokis
5. jazzmat
6. Turtlek
7. DrPumpkinz
8. Gravity Monkey

Once served as fancy decorations for the elites of old.
1. DrPumpkinz (I like seeing existing abilities being used in new and interesting ways)
2. Sticky Fingaa & Paul (it's a fun sub. only time will tell how good it actually does though.)
3. ItzDelta
4. jazzmat
5. Lysion
6. PalpitoadChamp
7. Sigilyph Bro
8. Totally_Odette
9. okispokis
10. The Damned

Blegh. Have to do this now since I probably won't get a chance to later at this point, so "only" a Top 6:

1. chemicalmines
2. BlueRay
3. EeveeGirl1380
4. War Incarnate
5. DrPumpkinz
6. jazzmat & Clas

1. Sticky Fingaaa & Paulluxx
2. Sigilyph Bro
3. The Damned (self-vote)
4. okispokis
5. ItzaDelta
6. Lysion

1. Sticky Fingaaa
2. okispokis
3. War Incarnate
4. BlueRay
5. Gravity Monkey
6. Turtlek

Have a good night and a good weekend.

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Hello again everyone, sorry for the wait, whoops! (and WOW, The Damned-- I cannot understate how much it helps me setting up to have the total number of subs listed like that in the compilation post. Thank you so much for doing that???) The votes are in!
Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
Without further ado...
:skarmory: Mega Skarmory: EeveeGirl1380 !!
:bw/skarmory:
Mega Skarmory
Ability: Poison Point

Stats:
ATK: 80 -> 95 (+15)
DEF: 140 -> 158 (+18)
SPA: 40 -> 40 (+0)
SPD: 70 -> 105 (+35)
SPE: 70-> 102 (+32)

Skarmory's Moon Pokedex entry states that "its metal body is sturdy, but it does rust rather easily". Mega Skarmory is now covered in rust. Being injured or poked by rusted metal puts you at risk for all sorts of ailments and illnesses, hence Poison Point.
Mega Skarmory takes advantage of its toolkit to spread passive damage that racks up over time. With the combination of Spikes, Whirlwind, and poison damage, Skarmory can easily wear down opponents.

~ Mega Skarmory is excellent counter to contact moves. With a double resistance to one of the most common contact moves in U-Turn, a new resistance to Knock Off due to its mega stone, and great defensive typing in general, it easily can sit there and threaten many Pokemon with poison.

~ When Skarmory is randomly forcing enemies to come in no matter the matchup, the temptation to click a move like U-Turn is high. However, Mega-Skarmory easily punishes those plays. The risk of becoming poisoned, along with the fact that your switch in will have to deal with Spikes, means that what would be a quick and easy way of dealing with the problem is instead turned into a dangerous gambit.

~ It just so happens that the two types of Pokemon that are immune to Poison are also two types that Skarmory has a very good matchup against. Poison type Pokemon struggle with the fact that Skamory is immune both Poison type attacks and the status, while Steel types are nailed by super-effective Body Presses. It also does well against the meta's most prominent Magic Guard user, Mega Zangoose, with Body Press and the Steel typing both doing great against the Normal type mongoose.

~ I also wanted to take some time to explain what differentiates Poison Point Mega-Skarmory over Iron Barbs, due to them both being focused on contact effects. Iron Barbs always triggers on contact moves, but can only trigger when the opponent hits Mega Skarmory with a contact move. Poison Point only has a chance to activate, but it persists even when Mega Skarmory is not being hit or on the field. It also synergizes with Whirlwind/Roar, due to the fact that poison damage takes place after the opponent has been swapped in.

~ 95 Attack on Mega-Skarmory ensures a kill on Mega-Jumpluff with Brave Bird, even if Jumpluff is running max defense. 105 Special Defense guarantees that non-Choice Specs Magnezone never kills Mega-Skarmory with Thunderbolt from full with max HP and 4 Special Defense EVs, and 102 speed means that Mega-Skarmory always speed ties a max speed Magnezone with zero investment.
1690744206667.png

WTF I GOT SO EXCITED WHEN I WENT TO FIND THE POST TO QUOTE IT HERE AND SAW WHAT IT WAS THIS IS SUCH A COOL SUB!!!

:druddigon: Mega Druddigon: Sticky Fingaaa & Paulluxx !!
Mega Druddigon
Ability: Petrification (Ice Immunity; If hit by an Ice type attack, the Rock type is added to the user)
Stats:
Att: 165 (+45)
Def: 120 (+30)
SpA: 60 (+0)
SpD: 115 (+25)
Spe: 48 (+0)
New Moves: Morning Sun, Rock Blast, Spikes

Druddigon is based on Gargoyles, stone sculptures that were given life, and Petrification tries to re-enforce that flavor. Druddigon's Pokedex Entries often mention that if Druddigon stays outside of sunlight for too long, it stops moving completely, fundamentally becoming a statue, Mega Druddigon, on the other hand, becomes a literal statue, but this one ain't your average one, this one is actually alive
Druddigon is an interesting Pokémon as it has quite a bit of utility tools that it can utilize but it’s typing has many issues defensively, and gained more only one generation later.

With its new ability Petrification it can become a switchin to Ice type Pokémon or Pokémon with Ice coverage when it resists the stabs. As it’s pure dragon typing does have some notable resistances to water and electric.

It’s ability is really unique, as unlike with most gained immunity, it’s additional effect is positive and negative.

Gaining the Rock type gives it resistance to Flying, Normal, Poison, and bolsters it’s resistance to Fire. In addition to Rock stab, all solid new tools. But it does remove its resists to Grass and Water. Some pretty integral resistances, it also gains weaknesses to Fighting, Steel, and most notably Ground. Which forces it out of the field.

We granted it access to a recovery move in Morning Sun that fits it thematically, and also gave it some new tools in spikes and Rock Blast to act as stab when Druddigon is a Rock Type.

It will fill a defensive role on a team but its great attack will allow it not to be passive. As it sets rocks and Dragon Tails the opponent out. It can run Fire Punch for Ferrothorn, or Toxic mons such as Zapdos as they come in to Defog. It can also threaten said Zapdos when it’s a Rock type. Its most unique tool is Glare, allowing it to Paralyze Ground types such as Garchomp or Hippowdon when they come in, while allowing Druddigon to outspeed many faster defensive checks and possibly also Taunt them before they can try to heal HP back or Toxic Druddigon.

Overall Druddigon could be a very unique Pokémon and a great addition to the Kalos Metagame.
1690744305186.png

:Chesnaught: Mega Chesnaught: BlueRay !!
Mega Chesnaught

New Ability
: Flash Fire

Type
: Grass | Fighting

New Stats

Attack: 107 → 137 (+30)
Defense: 122 → 142 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 → 95 (+20)
Speed: 64 → 94 (+30)
BST: 530 → 630

New Moves:
- Ice Hammer, Body Press

Description:
1) Design concept
- Chesnaught has lots of knight motifs, such as its shield, the way its body is structured like an armor, and its class within an RPG. Thus, I decided to expand on them by emphasizing a legendary knight's courage and ability to deal with dragons. Flash Fire guarantees M Chesnaught can withstand a Dragon's fire, allowing it to retaliate as a result!

2) Competitive
- Flash Fire offers great defensive utility to M Chesnaught, allowing it to check or wall Rotom-Heat, Chandelure, Houndoom, Torkoal, M Solrock, and M Heliolisk, among others in Kalos. Sun abusers deserve a special mention here since, apparently, it has been an issue in Kalos. In NatDex, M Chesnaught can check, inter alia, Heatran, Venusaur, some Volcarona, and Blaziken as far as Pokémon with Fire moves are concerned. In VGC, it would handle Chi-Yu, Incineroar, and Arcanine which are some of the most common Pokémon of the metagame.
- Since M Chesnaught can't get burned from a Fire move, it has a much easier time going for a Body Press + Iron Defense combo. Other set up options can also work, like Bulk Up, SD or Belly Drum. More disruptive sets consisting of Spikes and / or Leech Seed shoud also be effective due to its resistance profile. At the same time, M Chesnaught isn't 100% unfair to Fire Pokémon, especially in Kalos where you still have stuff like Moltres and M Simisear able to pressure it!
- Most importantly, as far as flavour goes, it's a knight able to withstand a Dragon's fire, allowing it to check Garchomp (especially the mixed variant), Hydreigon, Salamence, and some other Dragon I might be forgetting. Ice Hammer is exclusively here to handle Dragon Pokémon better; I'd argue it isn't that farfetched considering, as a fighter in an RPG game, it can run any weapon it wants to. Moreover, Chesnaught already knows Hammer Arm which is pretty much the same as Ice Hammer.
1690744020461.png

As always, a huge thank you to everyone who submitted!!

As for announcements, I do happen to have something for you all:
Kalos Slate 9 is now open for submissions!
:ss/skuntank: :ss/emolga: :ss/avalugg:
From now until next Sunday (one week from now; Blue says at "23:59, GMT +2"), the slate featuring :skuntank: Mega Skuntank, :emolga: Mega Emolga, and :avalugg: Mega Avalugg is open for submissions!

Until then, I hope all you folks have a good one! :dunsparce:

:Avalugg:
Mega Avalugg

New Ability
: Carry On
When the user switches out, the Pokémon switching in recovers 1/8 of its HP and has its status cured.

Type: Ice

New Stats

HP: 95
Attack: 117 → 127 (+10)
Defense: 184 → 244 (+60)
Special Attack: 44
Special Defense: 46 → 76 (+30)
Speed: 28
BST: 514 → 614

New Moves:
- Icicle Crash (learns in gen 9), Refresh

Description:
1) Design concept
- Avalugg is partially based on an aircraft carrier, which is a warship that serves as a seagoing airbase. It's very useful for carrying, arming, deploying, and recovering aircraft. This supportive quality is what makes me decide to go for the name and effect of the ability.
- Of course, Avalugg's easy-going nature further contributes to this choice. After all, it often carries Pokémon like Bergmite on its back and allows Cetoddle or Cetitan to walk over its back to access a new route!
- What's more, as "[a]s icebergs slowly drift through polar currents, they carry nutrients from land into the oceans. These nutrients can promote the growth of marine life and drive blooms of phytoplankton, which are the base of the ocean food chain". So, in our case, let's say Avalugg makes sure the Pokémon it carries on the back are well provided with these nutrients to stay healthy.

2) Competitive
- Mega Avalugg will often invite Fire and Water Pokémon that love nothing more than spreading status. Carry On makes sure the Pokémon that check these types can persist much longer on the field, making it easier for them to get rid off its threats in the longterm. To give some examples, Rotom-W, Rotom-H, Chandelure, Slowbro, Mantine, Alomomola, and Volcanion will often try spreading status, notably Burn or Toxic.
- Some Water and Dragon Pokémon can switch well into these threats, like Rotom-W, Hydreigon, Dragonite, and Garchomp to name a few. Sure, they will likely get inflicted with a status problem but next time they switch in, that might not be the case as Scald only has a 30% Burn chance and Toxic as well as Will-O-Wisp can miss. In NatDex, you can even handle threats like Heatran and Toxapex much better.
- Base 244 Def turns Mega Avalugg into an ultimate physical tank, letting it switch into Stone Edge or Close Combat comfortably, even after Stealth Rock. Moreover, this stat is high enough to not make Mega Avalugg passive at all. For instance, Body Press 2HKOs Garchomp. If you run Iron Defense, you can turn Mega Avalugg into a win condition. However, its weakness to Stealth Rock and its low Special Defense should keep it well in check, making it therefore balanced!

:Emolga:
Mega Emolga

New Ability
: Technician

Type
: Electric | Flying

New Stats

HP: 55
Attack: 75 → 120 (+45)
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 75 → 95 (+20)
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 103 → 138 (+35)
BST: 428 → 528

New Moves:
- Low Kick

Description:
1) Design concept
- White: They live on treetops and glide using the inside of a cape-like membrane while discharging electricity.
- Sword: As Emolga flutters through the air, it crackles with electricity. This Pokémon is cute, but it can cause a lot of trouble.

The German translation of the Sword Pokédex entry includes an adjective which would translate to "graceful / elegant". If you take these information into account, as well as Emolga's access to Acrobatics, you get the impression as if this Pokémon is very agile and flexible. Hence Technician.

2) Competitive
- Emolga has a shockingly high amount of moves that take great advantage of Technician: Dual Wingbeat, Aerial Ace, Hidden Power, Electroball, Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Nuzzle, among others. Dual Wingbeat stands out in particular as a good Flying STAB move is a rarity among Electric/Flying Pokémon.
- This means that Technician Mega Emolga is able to stand out from them. Electroball is also worthy to point out because it deals devastating damage against slow Water Pokémon, like Slowbro and Toxapex, while fast Water Pokémon, such as Greninja, still receive lots of damage as Technician boosts Electroball's basepower if it's at 60 or below. In this case, Technician + Electroball would have a 90 base power against Greninja. So, Mega Emolga is free to run a mixed set and invest a lot of EVs into its physical Attack as Electroball is already strong enough to make up for a lack of SpA investment.
- High Speed ensures Mega Emolga is the fastest among the Electric/Flying Pokémon, letting it function well as a lategame cleaner. This makes it even more different from other Electric/Flying Pokémon who are usually used as wallbreakers. Low Kick synergizes well with Technician and lets Mega Emolga better handle would be checks, like Tyranitar or Rhyperior--Pokémon that Zapdos struggles to deal with in particular.

Last edited:
:sv/avalugg:
Mega Avalugg
Type:
Ice
Ability: Bulletproof
Stats:
HP: 95​
Att: 157 (+40)
Def: 244 (+60)
SpA: 44​
SpD: 46​
Spe: 28​

Mega Avalugg is so physically bulky that only a few extra points would be enough to trigger the stat overflow glitch. Its SpDef remains as low as it's always been (because it's funny), but its new Bulletproof ability lends it some useful special immunities like Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, and Aura Sphere. It also got a hefty boost to its already-decent Attack, so its Avalanches and Earthquakes are going to sting even when they're uninvested.

:ss/skuntank:
Mega Skuntank
Type:
Poison / Dark
Ability: Black Smoke (clears all stat changes on the field when switching in, like Haze Intimidate)
Moves: Parting Shot
Stats:
HP: 103​
Att: 103 (+10)
Def: 97 (+30)
SpA: 101 (+30)
SpD: 81 (+20)
Spe: 94 (+10)

Some justification is in order for why Black Smoke should exist even though Curious Medicine is already a thing.
  1. It's not technically a strict upgrade because it negates your own Intimidate, Electroweb, etc. in doubles (and in singles too but they're not as common).
  2. White Smoke is the ability form of Mist, which in Japan is called White Mist. Haze is called Black Mist in Japan, and has been Mist's counterpart since Gen 1. Black Smoke is the ability that Curious Medicine should have been, seventeen years before Curious Medicine was made.
  3. Curious Medicine is stupid and a waste of design space. That's basically what the second point already said but it's worth restating.
As for why it should exist even though Unaware is already a thing, the fact that it's a one-time removal rather than passive ignoral has some interesting consequences. Unlike with Unaware, the opponent can still regain their power by boosting back up, which Mega Skuntank can punish with Burning Jealousy (maybe actually be the first thing to successfully use that move in singles) which doubles as punishing the opponent for trying to dodge Sucker Punch. Lowering the opponent's stats also has an effect unlike with Unaware, which Skuntank can do with Acid Spray or Snarl.

However, the main advantage Black Smoke has over Unaware is that its effects persist even after the user switches out. Unaware is excellent on dedicated walls with reliable recovery that can sit their butt down in front of a setup sweeper and stonewall it for days. Black Smoke, in contrast, works better as a pivot, neutralizing a boosted threat and then switching out to something that can handle it now that it's no longer boosted. And that's where Parting Shot comes in, one final fart as Stuntank leaves the field that weakens the opponent even further and ensures that whatever you switch to will have to deal with at most a +1 boosted threat (the opponent uses Swords Dance or Nasty Plot as you Parting Shot; Tail Glow and Belly Drum will leave them at higher than +1 but they're quite rare). Though Black Smoke also means that you won't have much luck trying to cripple something by, say, cycling back and forth between Mega Skuntank and an Intimidate user, since the Attack drops from before will be erased when Mega Skuntank comes back in.

:sm/skuntank: :gengarite:
:skuntank: Mega Skuntank :skuntank:
New Ability:
Intimidate
Type:
Poison
Dark

New stats:
HP:
Attack: 113 (+20)
Defense: 92 (+25)
Special Attack: 86 (+15)
Special Defense: 101 (+40)
Speed: 84
Total: 579

New moves: Knock Off, Gunk Shot, Clear Smog, Toxic Spikes
Role: Mega Skuntank is a threat that can perform multiple roles depending on a team's needs, such as a hazard setter, a hazard remover, a wallbreaker, or a tank. Mega Skuntank maintains its original Poison/Dark typing, but gains Intimidate to deter physical attackers, which complements its already great bulk. Mega Skuntank's stat spread is geared toward it being a jack-of-all-trades, much like its base form. Notably, Skuntank gains Knock Off as both a reliable STAB option and for useful utility and Gunk Shot for a more powerful Poison STAB option; Clear Smog is mostly flavor, but can also be useful on more defensive sets.

Flavor: According to the Pokedex, Skuntank sprays a foul-smelling liquid at foes whenever it is provoked. This liquid has a stench with a range of over 160 feet that only gets stronger the longer it stays. Most would figure that the notion of a liquid that strong would be quite intimidating, and would be a good reason to stay a far distance away from it, hence why Mega Skuntank has Intimidate as its ability.

:sm/avalugg: :steelixite:
:avalugg: Mega Avalugg :avalugg:
New Ability:
Heatproof
Type:
Ice
Steel

New stats:
HP:
Attack: 157 (+40)
Defense: 244 (+60)
Special Attack: 44
Special Defense: 56 (+10)
Speed: 18 (-10)
Total: 614

New moves: n/a
Role: Mega Avalugg stays true to its base form as a sturdy physical tank. Upon Mega evolving, Avalugg becomes Ice/Steel, a typing that grants it multiple key resistances to types such as Fairy, Dragon, and an immunity to Poison, as well as Heatproof to turn Mega Avalugg's newly acquired 4x Fire weakness into a 2x weakness. Mega Avalugg also gains a significant boost in its Attack stat to prevent it from becoming too passive, as well as a small boost in its Special Defense, at the cost of a decline in Speed.

Flavor: Several Pokedex entries, such as X and Omega Ruby, state that Avalugg's icy body is as hard as steel, hence why Mega Avalugg gains the Steel typing. The Speed loss is from Mega Avalugg becoming (assumedly) bigger and heavier post-Mega Evolution.

:sm/emolga: :beedrillite:
:emolga: Mega Emolga :emolga:
New Ability:
Electric Surge
Type:
Electric
Flying

New stats:
HP:
Attack: 95 (+20)
Defense: 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 105 (+30)
Special Defense: 80 (+20)
Speed: 123 (+20)
Total: 528

New moves: Hurricane
Role: While giving a non-grounded Pokemon a terrain ability may sound like an odd decision, it actually works out well for Mega Emolga. Although Mega Emolga can not reap all of Electric Terrain's benefits because of it being non-grounded, Mega Emolga being able to set it means that Pokemon such as Electric Seed Hawlucha and Magnezone are able to benefit from it. Mega Emolga can also hold its own as a wallbreaker with strong STAB options in Rising Voltage and Hurricane, Energy Ball as coverage, and an excellent Speed stat of 123. However, Mega Emolga is extremely frail, being OHKO'd or 2HKO'd by most neutral hits; as a result, this also makes it extremely easy to revenge kill. In addition, Mega Emolga can't switch very often due to its weakness to Stealth Rock, which would require good hazard control to circumvent.

Flavor: Many of Emolga's dex entries state that it is constantly scattering and discharging electricity. Examples include Pokemon Sun's entry, which states that Emolga's electrical energy scatters and shocks both its friends and foes, and Pokemon Ultra Moon's entry, which states that Emolga's scattering of electricity prompts bird Pokemon to stay away from it.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I last submitted a mega:psynervous:
Mega Avalugg (Collab with Exploziff )
Type: Ice
Ability: Water Bubble
HP: 95
Attack: 127 (+10)
Defense: 104 (-80)
Sp. Attack: 104 (+60)
Sp. Defense: 66 (+20)
Speed: 118 (+90)
New Move: Liquidation

Description: This Mega Avalugg is the fastest iceberg in the world, being able to outspeed many threats in the Kalos dex such as Zapdos, Garchomp, and Heatmor-Mega and deal with them thanks to strong Water and Ice type moves. Water Bubble allows it to beat Fire types that could normally beat it, thanks to letting Avalugg take neutral damage from Fire type moves, while also effectively giving STAB Water type moves. Even though Avalugg loses 80 points from it's Defense, it is still bulky enough to live physical moves (although you shouldn't switch it into Close Combats or Stone Edges).
Flavor: Avalugg partially melts to form a water bubble around itself. Melting causes Avalugg to shed much of it's weight and become much faster, at the cost of considerably lowering it's defense.

Skuntank-Mega
Type: Poison/Dark
Ability: Levitate
HP: 103
Attack: 113 (+20)
Defense: 87 (+20)
Sp. Attack: 111 (+40)
Sp. Defense: 81 (+20)
Speed: 84
New Moves: Slack Off, Knock Off (yeah Skuntank doesn't learn this)
OK, so hear me out: Skuntank is a Poison type that can beat Steel types (thanks to Flamethrower) and Psychic types (thanks to being a Dark type), so what if the mega could beat another type that Poison struggles with?
Levitate makes it immune to Ground type moves, while it can run Hidden Power to hit any Ground type your team struggles with. You could also run Flamethrower/Fire Blast to deal with all relevant Steel types in the Kalos dex. It can also fill a variety of roles: It can be used as an attacker, it has some useful utility moves such as Toxic, Knock Off, and Haze, as well as reliable recovery. It can even be used as a reliable hazard remover, thanks to avoiding all hazards save Stealth Rocks, which it only takes neutral damage from, while also not being too passive.
Flavor:
WarioWaftWiiU.png

Last edited:
:sv/emolga:
Mega Emolga
Type:
Electric / Dark
Ability: Levitate
Stats:
HP: 55​
Att: 115 (+40)
Def: 75 (+15)
SpA: 75​
SpD: 85 (+25)
Spe: 123 (+20)

Emolga may look cute, but its lore is surprisingly sinister beyond just having black fur. The Pokedex repeatedly refers to its flight membrane as "cape-like", its Sword entry describes it as a trouble-maker, its Sun entry reveals it shocks friend and foe indiscriminately, and its Ultra Sun entry says this:

"When thunder cracks at night, sometimes there are almost enough of them to blot out the sky."

what the fuck Game Freak why did you make this squirrel so creepy

Emolga uses its new Dark typing to get STAB on Knock Off and Pursuit, while still retaining an immunity to Ground thanks to Levitate. It's also no longer weak to Stealth Rock, allowing it to more effectively weave in and out of battle with Nuzzle and U-turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)