Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
I pretty much share the same sentiment as inkbug. Quit the menial back and forths, use the Discord, and stop muddying the thread with stupid, meaningless conflict. This is supposed to be a fun creative project, not a high school locker room.

Though, that being said, I would like to make my grand return with some Mega concepts!

/

Ability: Art of War (If the opponent gains a stat boost against it, or if the user switches in on a boosted opponent, the user is given a volatile status that guarantees its next offensive attack to be a critical hit. Upon Mega Evolution, if the opponent has a stat boost, the ability will activate as if Mega Bisharp has just switched in.

HP: 60
Atk: 170 (+45)
Def: 115 (+15)
SpA: 60
SpD: 95 (+25)
Spe: 85 (+15)
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Close Combat

Reasoning:

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you: the Mega of choice on Hyper Offense. I wanted to highlight Bisharp's ability to be a wincon on hyper offense as opposed to simply dumping boosts on it and calling it a day, and on top of that I wanted to give it a way to prevent easy set up on hazard stacking. I not only gave it Bullet Punch to give it a more reliable priority STAB, but I also elected to give it CC so it has a more reliable way of punching through Steel-types. That, and why doesn't it have it already? Its pre-mega form still has access to Defiant, letting it gain a +2 boost on a Defog all the same, while also being a strong anti-set up deterrent and punisher. I wanted to design Mega Bisharp to be a punisher, and that's exactly what this can do.

Flavor: This design greatly resembles a battle scarred, black knight, with a long, torn cape, and more reinforced armor to give a sort of jaded, experienced, vengeance-driven kind of vibe. I want Mega Bisharp to exude menace.

AoA Revenge Killer

Bisharp-Mega @ Bisharpite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Swords Dance

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch / Iron Head

/

Ability: Piercing Drill (Pokemon that resist an incoming move lose a stage of defense and upon taking damage from Mega Conkeldurr's resisted attack.)

HP: 105
Atk: 150 (+10)
Def: 145 (+50)
SpA: 55
SpD: 95 (+30)
Spe: 55 (+10)
New Moves: Body Press, Iron Head, Iron Defense

Reasoning:

So, obviously, looking at Conk, it's so easy to slap more attack and speed on it and call it a day, but I'm not about that life. Instead, I looked at a rather overlooked aspect of base Conk: its bulk. With the idea I had in mind for its design too, I thought it'd be immensely fun to put emphasis on its tanky aspects and turn it up to 11, giving it a better defensive typing and a niche as a Mega. I opted for STAB Body Press as part of this niche, but I feel that there is a possible ability to run other kinds of tank-esque sets, which is something I loved about this idea. It has unique application with these changes by putting an emphasis on its bulk, but doesn't necessarily trump outright in the offense department.

Flavor: In its design, I put an emphasis on its as a construction worker, giving it a giant metal drill instead of its cinder blocks, and having some steel reinforcements on its body to make it more rugged and armed for the job its base form is based upon.

Special Tank

Conkeldurr-Mega @ Conkeldite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Body Press

Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Wallbreaker

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

/

Ability: Refraction (User's STAB moves, Status or Offensive, will always hit their target, and have 1.2x power if the move hits super effectively.

Atk: 55
Def: 115 (+25)
SpA: 170 (+25)
SpD: 125 (+35)
Spe: 95 (+15)
New Moves: Aura Sphere

Reasoning:

I'm gonna be real, Chandy is a really hard Pokemon to really give anything unique for, as it would much rather just run a Choice item and call it a day, and you keep your Mega slot on top of that. Though, I wanted to try and give its wallbreaking some kind of a niche in its Mega form, and I thought giving it an ability that can make Inferno and Fire Blast inconsequential, and indiscriminately devastating regardless of if you can wall it or not, while not making it so its breaking isn't outright broken. It's gonna be busted to make it even more of a powerhouse in any way, so why not make it at least interesting?

The guaranteed burns off of Inferno are immense for it, giving it either set-up opportunities or the ability to efficiently spread status, making it and Hex a deadly combo. Aura Sphere is another thing I wanted to give it in regards to flavor, since it has crystals that refract and focus its spirit energy, plus it never misses; Aura Sphere is a move it really likes to have too, since it's hard walled by things like Tyranitar in its base form and is wholly outclassed by Blacephalon.

Flavor:

Mega Chandelure is a much fancier Chandalier, fit with hot crystals all over its body that further augment its spirit flames, while serving to enhance its chandalier-like appearance. These crystals allow for it to focus its energy, and make it so its spiritual power never misses its targets.

Inferno Wallbreaker

Chandelure-Mega @ Chandelite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Inferno
- Hex / Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere

Substitute

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Inferno
- Hex
- Aura Sphere / Fire Blast / Shadow Ball / Pain Split

/

Ability: Astral Chain (If the target is hit with a Ghost-type move, they will be trapped until Gothitelle takes damage. Until that point, however, the opponent is plagued with a Curse effect.)

HP: 70
Atk: 65 (+20)
Def: 95
SpA: 110 (+15)
SpD: 110
Spe: 130 (+65)

New Moves: Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Parting Shot

Reasoning:

I was thinking a lot about the somewhat dark, spiritual connections Gothitelle had, and I decided to try and explore the idea of astral projection with Mega Gothitelle, giving it the ability to mess more directly with spirits, similar to its origin. I feel like this would create for a really fun kind of trapper that would be very good at punishing defensive switch-ins, spreading status, yet also being a useful offensive component at the same time with a palatable speed tier. I gave Hex and Will-O-Wisp for the exact reason of spreading status and being a genuine offensive component, and Parting Shot for when you scare out the defensive guys after landing a Toxic and getting Curse chip on them. I feel this has a lot of room to be a really interesting stallbreaker that can also keep the offensive tides running.

I balanced this hugely with an abysmal defensive typing and a slightly awkward stat spread, making it so it doesn't have too much staying power, isn't hard to revenge kill, isn't impossible to switch into, and can't just sit there wearing down your team without punishment. Also when you consider it only has Rest for longevity on top of this, being reckless with Mega Gothitelle can lead to devastation.

Flavor:

Mega Gothitelle, simply put, embodies itself in a spiritual form, becoming like an astral spirit. I will explore the design more directly later--

I'll add more later ;v;

Last edited:
Mega Gothitelle :gothitelle:
New Ability: Frisk / Competitive / Shadow Tag ----> Analytic
New Typing:
1600916417789.png
---->
1600916420732.png
1600916427721.png

New Stats:
HP: 70 ----> 70
Attack: 55 ----> 60 (+5)
Defense: 95 ----> 100 (+5)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 140 (+45)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 110
Speed: 65 ----> 110 (+45)
Base Stat Total: 490 ----> 590 (+100)
New Moves: Parting Shot, Psystrike, Moonblast, Will-O-Wisp

Flavor Changes: A lot of Gothitelle's origins point to things that are Gothic-style related. The artistic movement is commonly portrayed alongside darkness or evil-related things, plus it was conceived and elaborated during the Middle Ages (which are - even though sometimes wrongly - reffered by some as "The Dark Ages"), which led me toward giving its Mega a part-Dark typing. Its movepool also has a lot of Dark-type moves, which contributes to that addition. By Mega Evolving, it not only foresees the future with its psychic powers, but it also cleverly reads, knows and analyses every possible future setting. Its intelligence is now unrivaled by regular Pokemon - which explains the addition of the ultimate Psychic-type move, Psystrike - but its weeping becomes uncontrollable once it knows all of its trainer's life and its most likely future outcomes, as a drawback of Mega Evolution. Appearance-wise, it does not change much; a white, fifth pair of discs are added onto its head, below the four original black ones, alongside a white fifth "tier" of dressing.

Competitive Changes: Mega Gothitelle adds a new twist to the very unique typing combination of Psychic / Dark, only shared by Hoopa-Unbound and some random noob trap mon whose name is abandoned from my vocabulary (and should be from yours too!). While Hoopa-U may seem to outclass this, Mega Gothitelle has its unique tools for it to stand out. Its very good speed tier (yes, you all heard it - 110 is faster than MANY threats in the meta still, and the 1 mega rule still applies...) makes it not deadweight against faster offensive teams, and Parting Shot + Analytic is just a combination to punish whichever outcome your opponent might bring when in an unfavorable position. Access to Nasty Plot and Psystrike doesn't make it a pushover of a breaker either - even with its rather measly 140 Special Attack, a +2 STAB Psystrike should do major damage to anything, even OHKOing Chansey after Stealth Rock if it decides to enter the field. It isn't restricted to such a role either - the newly gained fast Will-O-Wisp can bring Calm Mind sets to the table as well, especially when coupled with the immunity-less Dark-type STAB.

Of course, Mega Gothitelle has its fair share of flaws. Even with Moonblast, its coverage is still extremely poor; it's still walled by things like Tyranitar, Heatran and others due to the lack of moves that can effectively nail them. A 4x weakness to U-turn doesn't help it either, and the 110 Speed tier, while good, isn't anything wonderful. Overall, a decent Mega Evolution for the tier in my opinion - not excessively viable, but with its (fair) share of merits.

Mega Bisharp :bisharp:
New Ability: Defiant / Inner Focus / Pressure ----> Tough Claws
New Typing:
1601002717724.png
1601002725197.png
---->
1601002717724.png
1601002725197.png

New Stats:

HP: 65 ----> 65
Attack: 125 ----> 150 (+25)
Defense: 100 ----> 120 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 90 (+20)
Speed: 70 ----> 85 (+15)
New Moves: Leaf Blade

Flavor Changes:
Bisharp is the Sword Blade Pokemon species, and various Pokédex entries mention blades as an integral part of its body (Ultra Sun - "No matter how strong the Bisharp, it's said that if the blade on its head is chipped, it will retire from its position as the boss.") and as deadly weapons capable of shattering other Pokemon (Omega Ruby - "This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off."). Because of that, Tough Claws immediately came into mind as the ability to base my Mega Bisharp upon; after Mega Evolving, Bisharp's metallic hands become harder and much sharper, their format akin to knives with a triangular shape. A red-outlined gray cape with a generic golden cross (not a religious one, for obvious reasons) also grows on its back, enabling Pawniard soldiers to distinguish regular Bisharp from its Mega form (also inspired on a bishop's cape, of whom Bisharp's name origin is inspired).

Competitive Changes: Because Bisharp itself is extremely restricted to be a wallbreaker due to its movepool and stats, Mega Bisharp only aims to improve on its role, enough for both forms to be viable on their own and, in case of the Mega, not banworthy (or at least, that's what I tried to do). Tough Claws and a 150 Attack stat makes Mega Bisharp 1.15x as powerful as Adamant Life Orb Bisharp; while the difference in power is minimal, it's the key difference for the Mega form to net KOes against walls such as Toxapex, Hippowdon (Leaf Blade's main target), and Corviknight after Stealth Rock. The slight improvement in bulk also helps Mega Bisharp set up more easily against some notable walls such as the aforementioned Hippowdon (Earthquake can't OHKO it now), Swampert (same as previous example) and Celesteela. A small bump in Speed helps Mega Bisharp outrun a relatively crowded region should it be running a positive nature (although the loss in power, in this case, is very perceivable - the KOes mentioned above no longer apply).

While it's certainly an upgrade, Mega Bisharp's main flaw is probably the opportunity cost of wasting a Mega Evolution slot; sometimes, one could prefer to use regular Bisharp and another Mega Evolution instead depending on the team, seeing how Mega Bisharp is a very direct, straight upgrade to its only viable role.

Last edited:
I don't usually like chocolate stuff in these kinds of pet mods, and I especially don't usually like chocolate things that just feel like things the base form should have, but this idea is too cool to pass up.

:ss/bisharp:
Mega Bisharp
Type:
Dark/Steel
Ability: Executioner (Attacks against Pokemon with ≤50% HP get powered up by 1.5x, think a toned down Brine effect on every attack)
Stats:
HP: 65​
Att: 145 (+20)​
Def: 110 (+10)​
SpA: 90 (+30)​
SpD: 90 (+20)​
Spe: 90 (+20)​

"This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off."
--- Black 2 & White 2

As we've seen, Bisharp is hard to make not busted. I got around this by giving a pretty small-ish Attack boost (weaker than Black Glasses by default), dumping a modest boost onto Special Attack, and not giving it an ability that immediately boosts power. But if your opponent has Bisharp and you let yourself get chipped down, watch out. It was already a good cleaner with powerful Sucker Punches, but now it probably won't even need to Swords Dance to cleave through a weakened team.

Last edited:
Mega Bisharp
Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure -> Blacksmith (Steel and Fire Type Moves Do 150% Damage on top of all bonuses)
Type: Dark/Steel --> Steel/Fire
Stats:
HP: 65 > 65
ATK: 125 > 160 (+ 35)
DEF: 100 > 125 (+ 25)
SP. ATK: 60 > 60
SP.DEF: 70 > 100 (+30)
SPD: 70 > 80 (+10)

New Moves: Blaze Kick

It was really Hard to Keep Bisharp Viable, Instead of Pure Attacker, Bisharp can also function as a Tank, with High Defense and Sp. Defense. Speed Bonus was just leftover Stat Dump. With Blacksmith and STAB, Behemoth Blade has a Power of 215.

Bisharp @Bisharpite
Ability: Blacksmith
EVS: 252 Attack / 78 Defense / 78 Sp. Defense
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Blaze Kick
-Behemoth Blade
-Thunder Wave

Last edited:

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
:ss/chandelure:

Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator ----> Competitive
New Typing: Ghost/Fire
Stone Name: Chandelite

HP: 60 ----> 60 (+0)
Attack: 55 ----> 70 (+15)
Defense: 90 ----> 90
Special Attack: 145 ----> 185 (+40)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 105 (+15)
Speed: 80 ----> 110 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 520 ----> 620 (+100)
New Moves: Nasty Plot
Description: It's shocking how one move can change everything. I mean sure, I gave Mega Chandelure 40 extra special attack, making it to the point where it rivals Mega Mewtwo Y, but still.

Mega Bisharp
New Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure ----> Gladiatior (This pokemon's attacks cannot be stopped by anything except accuracy)
New Typing: Fighting/Steel
Stone Name: Bishinite

HP: 65 ----> 65 (+0)
Attack: 125 ----> 160 (+35)
Defense: 100 ----> 100 (+0)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60 (+0)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 80 (+10)
Speed: 70 ----> 125 (+55)
Base Stat Total: 490 ----> 590
New Moves: Sacred Sword, Close Combat
Description: Mega Bisharp becomes a loyal Roman Gladiator, unwavering, ready to die for Arceus. It uses it's sword as it's main weapon.

:ss/conkeldurr:

Mega Conkeldurr
New Ability: Guts/Sheer Force/Iron Fist ----> Precision Cutting (tinted lens x mirror armor)

New Stats: 105/140/145/55/115/45

HP: 105 ----> 105 (+0)
Attack: 140 ----> 150 (+10)
Special Attack: 55 ----> 55 (+0)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 100 (+35)
Speed: 45 ----> 95 (+50)
Base Stat Total: 505 ----> 605
New Moves: Laser Focus, Diamond Storm, Iron Head
Description: Conkeldurr has moved onto cutting diamonds for rings. Precision cutting represents the precision real diamond cutters need, which is the same reason Laser Focus was added. Diamond storm because diamonds, and Iron Head because Conkeldurr needed new STAB moves.

I can confirm that Executioner is very easy, yeah! I promise I will say something if I see an Ability that I'm not able to do. Please don't turn people away for coding-related reasons without conferring with the actual coder first. .w.
I've been following along with every submission in the thread to make sure I have working code before the voting period even starts, so I can find out whom I can cover and who needs to be asked to provide code themselves, and I can confirm there are no problems so far.
I would generally prefer not to ask people to do it themselves unless that's actually necessary, because not everyone is capable of providing code and it's basically the same as shutting them down.
People should always be welcome to ask for a custom Ability even if they don't have coding experience - I can't guarantee that I'll always be able to do it, but there's no reason to force them to do it themselves before I even try, haha.

-----

On that note, I've gone through the thread and made sure I can handle all of the other Abilities, and I had a few clarifying questions and suggestions:

- (superstrike66) Spectral Glow works fine!
- (MegaFlareon) Construction Worker works fine!
- (War Incarnate) Both of those should be fine to implement, but it doesn't look like you ever saw the feedback I left on the Discord, so I'll repost it here:
War Incarnate: sorry to bother you, but I was just doing some calcs on your Bisharp and I think its new Ability may actually still push it over the edge, at least in conjunction with its high Speed and Swords Dance
It's less overtly broken now than before, but I'm still a little worried - there aren't very many Pokémon that it doesn't flat-out OHKO after a Swords Dance, and judging from my calcs so far, the Ability seems to cut that number by more than half
There's also actually nothing relevant that it doesn't at worst 2HKO at +2, except some Incineroar sets (which it still has a more than 50% chance to 2HKO), so it can be very hard to stop it from sweeping and cleaving through most teams
I do really like that Ability for something (it's an idea I've liked since Shell Side Arm was announced), but I'm not sure if something as already-hard-hitting as this Mega Bisharp is the best time for it - I would save it for something slower or something that can't use setup moves at least
I could maybe be swayed otherwise if you can find examples of viable, consistent counterplay to this that are on a majority of teams, but so far, I'm not rrreally sure how some entire team archetypes can deal with this one, I'm afraid
Sorry;;;
(I'm saying this here because the thread has gotten so cluttered lately, but I'll repost it there if it's been a while and you haven't seen this)
(I was actually kinda surprised by how big an impact the Ability had when I was calcing - I also didn't expect it to be quite as strong as it was, haha.)
- (BitBitio) Decelerate works fine, as previously mentioned! but why'd you lower its Special Attack again? you had a perfectly good spread before OTL EDIT: oh fantastic you changed it back I love you Buuut also I just want to say that I will drop everything and become a Mega Bisharp main if yours wins. (and also Royal Blade works fine!)
- (zxgzxg) Soul Eater is fine for me to implement, but I was wondering if it might be worth considering a slight reduction to the recovery? 50% from every move seems really strong for something that already has good stats - you might want to consider 25% instead (for reference, the Shell Bell, the only canon way to add draining to every move, is only 12.5%). That said, you're probably right that the Stealth Rock weakness makes up for it in part, and we can always nerf it later if the recovery turns out to be too much, so I'm happy to leave it up to you and would be fine to go either way! EDIT: aaaa nice you did it after all! Thanks!!
EDIT - (inkbug) we spent so long trying to figure out if this is doable haha yes, I'm pretty sure I have this!!! the code is on the Discord!
- (Mossy Sandwich) First of all, welcome!!! I love your subs!!! These are also definitely all fine for coding, but I have a small clarifying question on Bisharp: by the No Retreat status, do you mean the entire effect of the move (getting an omniboost and also not being able to switch out), or just the fact that it can't switch out? I would be happy to do either way, so there's no wrong answer! I just figured it made a big difference, so I should probably ask rather than make an assumption and get it wrong, haha. (Also, I noticed that you referenced Steely Spirit - the version that includes allies - rather than Steelworker. Do you want the part that nullifies Dark immunities to apply to allies' Psychic moves, too? I was looking into it, and I think I can do that! I know we don't have a doubles format but flavor)
- (IsoCon) They already did code for both of their Abilities, so of course theirs are no problem! What they have there looks right to me!!
- (Ausma) We discussed this on the Discord already, but her Abilities are all fine except her Mega Gothitelle's, which neither of us thinks we can do. (She already knows that, and she's planning to rework the Ability and make Gothitelle's stats legal before submissions close.)
- (DrPumpkinz) Executioner is also fine! (I was going to about it in exactly the same way, haha.)
- (TheUltraFinder) Blacksmith is also fine to implement! That said, I was wondering if you would consider removing just Behemoth Blade - it seems like it raises your power level a bit too much. Your Mega Bisharp is above average in damage output for a Mega already with just Iron Head, but Blacksmith-boosted Behemoth Blade makes it hit a fair bit harder than even Megas like Mawile that are way slower and rely on worse moves. It looks totally fine to me otherwise, though, if you just make that change!
- (AllTerrainVen0moth) I can definitely do Precision Cutting, but I was wondering if you could be a bit more specific on how Gladiator was meant to work! What effects do you want it to bypass other than accuracy? Most effects like that are handled differently, so it would help to have a list of what you wanted so I would know if I was missing something. Edit in response to the below: okay, I think we can do that! Flinching part is definitely easy, and I have a better understanding of the kind of effect you want to include now! I'm reasonably sure I can make it bypass full paralysis after what I learned trying to do Dust Scatter. I'll approve this one as well and do my best if it wins!

If possible, specifically War Incarnate and TheUltraFinder should make sure to respond before the slate closes, as their respective Bisharp may not be slated without further action or clarification!
Meanwhile, Mossy Sandwich and AllTerrainVen0moth are purely coding-related questions rather than balance concerns - they're definitely in the clear and will be included in the vote as they are now, but it would be nice to have that clarification whenever you can! C: Yep, both of them responded! These work fine!
It's kinda funny how all four of those are Bisharp
(And again, the proposed change for zxgzxg is still optional, but I just wanted to tag them while I was giving feedback anyway!)

Other than War Incarnate's Bisharp, TheUltraFinder's Bisharp and Ausma's Gothitelle, all of the subs I mentioned are totally valid in their current states, coding-wise and balance-wise (as far as I can tell). C:

-----

Other news: slates 9 and 10 are live on Dragon Heaven!!
It's entirely possible that I broke something when implementing Dust Scatter - some of you from the Discord might have seen that I was not at all sure if I could pull that one off, haha - so please exercise caution and report any bugs you notice with status conditions and immunities to them, whether they're used by a Mega Butterfree or not! I'm about to do some testing to see if everything functions properly myself - please let me know if you find any problems!

The new Mega Stones are currently known as :vaporeon: Vaporeonite, :jolteon: Jolteonite, :flareon: Flareonite, :butterfree: Butterfrite, :slowking: Slowkinite and :froslass: Froslassite! but please tell me if Butterfrite and Slowkinite sound stupid and you'd prefer another name I kinda wasn't sure what to do with either of them

edit: hang on I might have messed something up - they don't seem to be live just yet after all

edit 2: okay, yep! the pull request has gone through, but I think we'll still need to wait for a server reset or something to pass? so they're not quite live yet, but soon! in the meantime, it doesn't appear that I broke anything, and all of the past stuff still works, so that's a relief! :'D

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
- (Mossy Sandwich) First of all, welcome!!! I love your subs!!! These are also definitely all fine for coding, but I have a small clarifying question on Bisharp: by the No Retreat status, do you mean the entire effect of the move (getting an omniboost and also not being able to switch out), or just the fact that it can't switch out? I would be happy to do either way, so there's no wrong answer! I just figured it made a big difference, so I should probably ask rather than make an assumption and get it wrong, haha. (Also, I noticed that you referenced Steely Spirit - the version that includes allies - rather than Steelworker. Do you want the part that nullifies Dark immunities to apply to allies' Psychic moves, too? I was looking into it, and I think I can do that! I know we don't have a doubles format but flavor)
I just mean the effect where you can't switch for Bisharp. As for Gothitelle, I forgot steely spirit also gave the boost to allies but thinking about it, steely spirit clone may fit the concept I had in mind better.

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
I can confirm that Executioner is very easy, yeah! I promise I will say something if I see an Ability that I'm not able to do. Please don't turn people away for coding-related reasons without conferring with the actual coder first. .w.
I've been following along with every submission in the thread to make sure I have working code before the voting period even starts, so I can find out whom I can cover and who needs to be asked to provide code themselves, and I can confirm there are no problems so far.
I would generally prefer not to ask people to do it themselves unless that's actually necessary, because not everyone is capable of providing code and it's basically the same as shutting them down.
People should always be welcome to ask for a custom Ability even if they don't have coding experience - I can't guarantee that I'll always be able to do it, but there's no reason to force them to do it themselves before I even try, haha.

-----

On that note, I've gone through the thread and made sure I can handle all of the other Abilities, and I had a few clarifying questions and suggestions:

- (superstrike66) Spectral Glow works fine!
- (MegaFlareon) Construction Worker works fine!
- (War Incarnate) Both of those should be fine to implement, but it doesn't look like you ever saw the feedback I left on the Discord, so I'll repost it here:
War Incarnate: sorry to bother you, but I was just doing some calcs on your Bisharp and I think its new Ability may actually still push it over the edge, at least in conjunction with its high Speed and Swords Dance
It's less overtly broken now than before, but I'm still a little worried - there aren't very many Pokémon that it doesn't flat-out OHKO after a Swords Dance, and judging from my calcs so far, the Ability seems to cut that number by more than half
There's also actually nothing relevant that it doesn't at worst 2HKO at +2, except some Incineroar sets (which it still has a more than 50% chance to 2HKO), so it can be very hard to stop it from sweeping and cleaving through most teams
I do really like that Ability for something (it's an idea I've liked since Shell Side Arm was announced), but I'm not sure if something as already-hard-hitting as this Mega Bisharp is the best time for it - I would save it for something slower or something that can't use setup moves at least
I could maybe be swayed otherwise if you can find examples of viable, consistent counterplay to this that are on a majority of teams, but so far, I'm not rrreally sure how some entire team archetypes can deal with this one, I'm afraid
Sorry;;;
(I'm saying this here because the thread has gotten so cluttered lately, but I'll repost it there if it's been a while and you haven't seen this)
(I was actually kinda surprised by how big an impact the Ability had when I was calcing - I also didn't expect it to be quite as strong as it was, haha.)
- (BitBitio) Decelerate works fine, as previously mentioned! but why'd you lower its Special Attack again? you had a perfectly good spread before OTL edit: oh fantastic you changed it back I love you Buuut also I just want to say that I will drop everything and become a Mega Bisharp main if yours wins. (and also Royal Blade works fine!)
- (zxgzxg) Soul Eater is fine for me to implement, but I was wondering if it might be worth considering a slight reduction to the recovery? 50% from every move seems really strong for something that already has good stats - you might want to consider 25% instead (for reference, the Shell Bell, the only canon way to add draining to every move, is only 12.5%). That said, you're probably right that the Stealth Rock weakness makes up for it in part, and we can always nerf it later if the recovery turns out to be too much, so I'm happy to leave it up to you and would be fine to go either way!
- (IsoCon) They already did code for both of their Abilities, so of course theirs are no problem! What they have there looks right to me!!
- (Ausma) We discussed this on the Discord already, but her Abilities are all fine except her Mega Gothitelle's, which neither of us thinks we can do. (She already knows that, and she's planning to rework the Ability and make Gothitelle's stats legal before submissions close.)
- (DrPumpkinz) Executioner is also fine! (I was going to about it in exactly the same way, haha.)
- (TheUltraFinder) Blacksmith is also fine to implement! That said, I was wondering if you would consider removing just Behemoth Blade - it seems like it raises your power level a bit too much. Your Mega Bisharp is above average in damage output for a Mega already with just Iron Head, but Blacksmith-boosted Behemoth Blade makes it hit a fair bit harder than even Megas like Mawile that are way slower and rely on worse moves. It looks totally fine to me otherwise, though, if you just make that change!
- (AllTerrainVen0moth) I can definitely do Precision Cutting, but I was wondering if you could be a bit more specific on how Gladiator was meant to work! What effects do you want it to bypass other than accuracy? Most effects like that are handled differently, so it would help to have a list of what you wanted so I would know if I was missing something.

If possible, specifically War Incarnate and TheUltraFinder should make sure to respond before the slate closes, as their respective Bisharp may not be slated without further action or clarification!
Meanwhile, Mossy Sandwich and AllTerrainVen0moth are purely coding-related questions rather than balance concerns - they're definitely in the clear and will be included in the vote as they are now, but it would be nice to have that clarification whenever you can! C:
It's kinda funny how all four of those are Bisharp
(And again, the proposed change for zxgzxg is still optional, but I just wanted to tag them while I was giving feedback anyway!)

Other than War Incarnate's Bisharp, TheUltraFinder's Bisharp and Ausma's Gothitelle, all of the subs I mentioned are totally valid in their current states, coding-wise and balance-wise (as far as I can tell). C:

-----

Other news: slates 9 and 10 are live on Dragon Heaven!!
It's entirely possible that I broke something when implementing Dust Scatter - some of you from the Discord might have seen that I was not at all sure if I could pull that one off, haha - so please exercise caution and report any bugs you notice with status conditions and immunities to them, whether they're used by a Mega Butterfree or not! I'm about to do some testing to see if everything functions properly myself - please let me know if you find any problems!

The new Mega Stones are currently known as :vaporeon: Vaporeonite, :jolteon: Jolteonite, :flareon: Flareonite, :butterfree: Butterfrite, :slowking: Slowkinite and :froslass: Froslassite! but please tell me if Butterfrite and Slowkinite sound stupid and you'd prefer another name I kinda wasn't sure what to do with either of them

edit: hang on I might have messed something up - they don't seem to be live just yet after all

edit 2: okay, yep! the pull request has gone through, but I think we'll still need to wait for a server reset or something to pass? so they're not quite live yet, but soon! in the meantime, it doesn't appear that I broke anything, and all of the past stuff still works, so that's a relief! :'D
Gladiator, means the only reason this pokemon's attacks can miss is either accuracy or immunity. Paralysis wont affect it, it's immune to flinches, and stuff

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:Chandelure:
Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator -> Nightmare Heart (If this Pokémon is KOed, the attacker is cursed, then permanently receives this Ability.)
New Typing:
Ghost/Fire (unchanged)

New Stats: 60/57/108/185/108/102
ATK: 55 --> 57 (+2)
DEF:
90 --> 108(+18)
SPA:
145 --> 185(+40)
SPD:
90 --> 108(+18)
SPE:
80 --> 102 (+22)

New Moves:
Mind Blown

Description: Okay, the ability is a long shot on this one, but I got the okay from Hematite to post this anyway-- he's got a draft version that he's pretty sure will work, it just might need some tweaks after testing it. He also approved the stat spread for this for me! As for describing it i... god i hardly even know where to start. okay. so.

This one was a real team effort, like three or four people helped iterate on it? The Ability concept was initially from my brother, who's been spectating the thread and doing some teambuilding on his own. I think he meant it as a joke but Hematite and i really liked it and thought it had a lot of fascinating potential, especially if we could make sure that the Pokemon that gained the ability didn't lose it upon switching out, so it just looms over the entire rest of the battle, being passed around like some sort of nightmarish hot potato. Or like... like a chandelier of Damocles? I dunno, this metaphor is getting out of hand ANYWAY --

Chandelure is something of a quite-literally-partially-made-of glass cannon in my experience (I ran mine with a focus sash, haha) and unlike how i usually take something super frail and bulk it up somewhat, well, I did still do that, but, the ability instead leans into that frailty by assuming that Chandelure will be taken out pretty early. It basically ensures that anything that tries to set up in its presence won't be able to stay in for long, as well as cutting out many helpful abilities. It hits real hard, Hematite also gave the recommendation of Mind Blown he said it would be balanced and i trust him but using it is hazardous to you as well, since if you're not careful your opponent could pass it back to you!

I can't think of anything else to say about this rn! so uhhh. yeah. chandelure huh amiright?
I've updated my post with a Chandelure sub! I'm very very sorry.

Type:
Max Phantasm - Ghost-type
Max Darkness - Dark-type

Ability: Eerie Light: Water Bubble clone, increases power of fire moves and decreases dark type ones.
Stats
HP: 60 ----> 60
Attack: 55 ----> 55
Defense: 90 ----> 123 (+58)
Special Attack: 145 ----> 150 (+5)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 122 (+32)
Speed: 80 ----> 85 (+5)
Base Stat Total: 520 ----> 620
New Moves: Recover, Moonblast, Calm Mind
:chandelure:
Type:
Max Darkness - Dark-type
Max Steelspike - Steel-type

Ability: Quick Striker: Opposite of analytic.
Stats
Attack: 125 ----> 125
Defense: 100 ----> 122 (+22)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 70 ----> 95 (+25)
Speed: 70 ----> 120 (+50)
New Moves: None
:bisharp:
Type:
Max Knuckle - Fighting-type

Ability: Concrete Pillars: Clear Body clone.
Stats
HP: 105 ----> 105
Defense: 95 ----> 120 (+25)
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 65 ----> 135 (+65)
Speed: 45
:conkeldurr:
Type:
Max Mindstorm - Psychic-type

Ability: Serene Grace
Stats
Defense 95 ----> 120 (+45)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 100 (+5)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 160 (+50)
Speed: 65 ----> 65
:gothitelle:
I changed them

Last edited:
I changed them
Hey man, just so you know your subs don’t have their stat changes at +100 so they won’t accept them.
My recommendations: Change Gothitelle’s Defense to 140, 95+45=140.
Also, make Bisharp’s Defense 125 and Special Defense 95 so that it’s legal. Does Quick Strike just multiply power by 1.3 if Bisharp goes first? Might be a lil broken with the speed tier
Lastly, I’d recommend doing a different ability on Chandelure entirely because Water Bubble and any clones are usually broken just by the way that they are.
If you do all that, they’re much more likely to be slated. Thanks!

Does Quick Strike just multiply power by 1.3 if Bisharp goes first? Might be a lil broken with the speed tier
Quick Strike would actually be super hype on something with medium speed and without strong priority. Strong against fat, meh against offense, and the decision between a speed nature and power nature becomes more interesting. I'm calling it now: I'm going to try to use this (or it by another name) in the next slate.

Hey man, just so you know your subs don’t have their stat changes at +100 so they won’t accept them.
My recommendations: Change Gothitelle’s Defense to 140, 95+45=140.
Also, make Bisharp’s Defense 125 and Special Defense 95 so that it’s legal. Does Quick Strike just multiply power by 1.3 if Bisharp goes first? Might be a lil broken with the speed tier
Lastly, I’d recommend doing a different ability on Chandelure entirely because Water Bubble and any clones are usually broken just by the way that they are.
If you do all that, they’re much more likely to be slated. Thanks!
Thanks man, but any mega evolution with base 145 SpA BEFORE Mega Evolving is gonna be really strong...

Thanks man, but any mega evolution with base 145 SpA BEFORE Mega Evolving is gonna be really strong...
You’re right. But Water Bubble and clones basically treat that 145 SpA as more like 300 SpA (more factoring EVs). So yeah, Chandelure can have a super high special attack stat for this sub, but it shouldn’t be paired with one of the single best boosting abilities in the game. I’d recommend a weaker boosting ability. It’ll get vetoed otherwise.
Edit: Or you could lower Chandelure’s special attack to like, 80 to be about on par with Araquanid and put the points into defenses. That would be unique and might be fun. And you could probably keep the ability.

Last edited:
You’re right. But Water Bubble and clones basically treat that 145 SpA as more like 300 SpA (more factoring EVs). So yeah, Chandelure can have a super high special attack stat for this sub, but it shouldn’t be paired with one of the single best boosting abilities in the game. I’d recommend a weaker boosting ability. It’ll get vetoed otherwise.
Edit: Or you could lower Chandelure’s special attack to like, 80 to be about on par with Araquanid and put the points into defenses. That would be unique and might be fun. And you could probably keep the ability.
I just made it Ghost-Fire and gave it magic guard.

I just made it Ghost-Fire and gave it magic guard.
Awesome! Ok I think these are almost good. Chandelure is still 15 points over (+65 to defenses, +5 SpA, +45 Speed=+115, so just take off 15 points total and you'll be great.) And then Bisharp is similarly slightly over (15 as well, +65 to defenses and +50 speed=+115 so just take off 15 points there too!) Other than that I really like these subs!

I admire everyone's dedication to the cause, but I think it's necessary to draw a line at this point.
Given the number of times that ChoiceScarfed has tried to "fix" their post while somehow managing not to have a single legal sub even after potential stat spreads were directly spelled out to them... whether they're really trying or not, I don't think it's worth filling the thread with attempts to help them.
They're also juggling between editing two copies of the same post - some of their fixes have been applied only in the quoted version, while others are only in the original - and the result is that they currently have seven different submissions, with only their Conkeldurr being the same. The only one of these eight that even has the right BST is one of their Gothitelle, and it's not even the more up-to-date one if I've been following the conversation correctly. Any others that may appear to have the correct BST currently have misreported stat changes, while the real stats do not.
I respect that people are trying to be productive about this by offering genuine feedback and planning to make the most of their more original ideas rather than simply arguing with them - I apologize that my own post last night may have done more harm than good in that respect, although I had hoped that it would put an end to the situation - but any further one-on-one discussion on current submissions should really be taken to the Discord rather than here regardless.
I also ask everyone to stop engaging directly with ChoiceScarfed in the thread. Please let this be the last post in the thread to them or about them. There is no reason to indulge them further.

ChoiceScarfed, if you really aren't trolling and genuinely want to contribute to the thread but are struggling to understand how, inkbug has asked me to remind you that his offer to review your submissions in DMs or on Discord still stands. This does not need to continue any further within the thread.

I admire everyone's dedication to the cause, but I think it's necessary to draw a line at this point.
Given the number of times that ChoiceScarfed has tried to "fix" their post while somehow managing not to have a single legal sub even after potential stat spreads were directly spelled out to them... whether they're really trying or not, I don't think it's worth filling the thread with attempts to help them.
They're also juggling between editing two copies of the same post - some of their fixes have been applied only in the quoted version, while others are only in the original - and the result is that they currently have seven different submissions, with only their Conkeldurr being the same. The only one of these eight that even has the right BST is one of their Gothitelle, and it's not even the more up-to-date one if I've been following the conversation correctly. Any others that may appear to have the correct BST currently have misreported stat changes, while the real stats do not.
I respect that people are trying to be productive about this by offering genuine feedback and planning to make the most of their more original ideas rather than simply arguing with them - I apologize that my own post last night may have done more harm than good in that respect, although I had hoped that it would put an end to the situation - but any further one-on-one discussion on current submissions should really be taken to the Discord rather than here regardless.
I also ask everyone to stop engaging directly with ChoiceScarfed in the thread. Please let this be the last post in the thread to them or about them. There is no reason to indulge them further.

ChoiceScarfed, if you really aren't trolling and genuinely want to contribute to the thread but are struggling to understand how, inkbug has asked me to remind you that his offer to review your submissions in DMs or on Discord still stands. This does not need to continue any further within the thread.
Thanks, I just realized that 32+33 doesn't equal 50...

Hey, everyone! I'm here to announce the start of the voting phase for this slate!
Voting will end in 48 hours. For your convenience, as usual, here's a compilation of all of the submissions thus far:

:chandelure: Mega Chandelure
Mega Chandelure
Type: Fire/Ghost
Ability:
Spectral Glow: (Moves always result in a critical hit if the opponent is statused, Merciless clone)
Def: 90 => 115 (+25)
SpA: 145=> 150 (+5)
SpD: 90 => 115 (+25)
Spe: 80 => 125 (+45)
New Moves: Moonblast
Description: Fast special attacker/sweeper that takes advantage of statused opponents.

Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire / Flame Body / Infiltrator ----> Wandering Spirit

New Stats:

HP: 60 ----> 60
Attack: 55 ----> 75 (+20)
Defense: 90 ----> 140 (+50)
Special Attack: 145 ----> 155 (+10)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 90
Speed: 80 ----> 100 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 520 ----> 620
Description: With boosted defense upon Mega Evolution, Mega Chandelure can pivot in to physical attackers and gain their most likely useful abilities, while neutering those said attackers from their power. Useful abilities it can get include Libero from Cinderace, Beast Boost from Kartana, Regenerator from Knock Off Toxapex and Tangrowth, and Arena Rock from Mega Rillaboom (to boost Energy Ball and gain recovery).

Chandelure
Ghost, Fire
Magic guard
60, 55, 90, 175, 130, 110
Nasty plot
Appearance: It gets more chandelier branches or idk, ant its fire now is completely blue.
Comp: It can become incredbly scary in with a solid 165 special attack. its also pretty scary using some sort of setup build with aurora veil. its still frail physically seeing the high bp of moves like eq and sedge.
:ss/Chandelure:
Mega Chandelure
Type:
Ghost/Fire ---> Ghost/Fire
Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator ---> Soul Eater (When the user attacks, they recover 25% of the damage dealt)
Stats:
HP:
60 ---> 60
Atk: 55 ---> 55
Def: 90 ---> 100 (+10)
SpA: 145 ---> 175 (+30)
SpD: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe: 80 ---> 120 (+40)
Added Moves: Focus Blast
Description: One of the main problems of Chandelure in OU is its weakness to Stealth Rocks (unless you use Heavy Duty Boots Chand ew), so to remedy this, I let Chandelure gain recovery whenever it attacks.
:Chandelure:
Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator -> Nightmare Heart (If this Pokémon is KOed, the attacker is cursed, then permanently receives this Ability.)
New Typing:
Ghost/Fire (unchanged)

New Stats: 60/57/108/185/108/102
ATK: 55 --> 57 (+2)
DEF:
90 --> 108(+18)
SPA:
145 --> 185(+40)
SPD:
90 --> 108(+18)
SPE:
80 --> 102 (+22)

New Moves:
Mind Blown

Description: Okay, the ability is a long shot on this one, but I got the okay from Hematite to post this anyway-- he's got a draft version that he's pretty sure will work, it just might need some tweaks after testing it. He also approved the stat spread for this for me! As for describing it i... god i hardly even know where to start. okay. so.

This one was a real team effort, like three or four people helped iterate on it? The Ability concept was initially from my brother, who's been spectating the thread and doing some teambuilding on his own. I think he meant it as a joke but Hematite and i really liked it and thought it had a lot of fascinating potential, especially if we could make sure that the Pokemon that gained the ability didn't lose it upon switching out, so it just looms over the entire rest of the battle, being passed around like some sort of nightmarish hot potato. Or like... like a chandelier of Damocles? I dunno, this metaphor is getting out of hand ANYWAY --

Chandelure is something of a quite-literally-partially-made-of glass cannon in my experience (I ran mine with a focus sash, haha) and unlike how i usually take something super frail and bulk it up somewhat, well, I did still do that, but, the ability instead leans into that frailty by assuming that Chandelure will be taken out pretty early. It basically ensures that anything that tries to set up in its presence won't be able to stay in for long, as well as cutting out many helpful abilities. It hits real hard, Hematite also gave the recommendation of Mind Blown he said it would be balanced and i trust him but using it is hazardous to you as well, since if you're not careful your opponent could pass it back to you!

I can't think of anything else to say about this rn! so uhhh. yeah. chandelure huh amiright?
this chandelure is definitely not a clever reference. please pay no mind to my signature or my pagebreak images or my icon on discord.

Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator ----> No Guard

New Stats: 60/70/100/175/115/100

Defense: 90 ----> 100 (+10)
Special Attack: 145 ----> 175 (+30)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 115 (+25)
Speed: 80 ----> 100 (+20)
New Moves: Hypnosis
Description: A few of chandelure's pokedex entries talk about it being able to hypnotize people so that's exactly what mega-chandelure is gonna do! By putting the whole field under an hypnotic trance, it makes pokemons unable to dodge moves with No Guard. It also gains hypnosis because I can't not give it and it goes well with No Guard.

/

Ability: Refraction (User's STAB moves, Status or Offensive, will always hit their target, and have 1.2x power if the move hits super effectively.

Def: 115 (+25)
SpA: 170 (+25)
SpD: 125 (+35)
Spe: 95 (+15)

Reasoning:

I'm gonna be real, Chandy is a really hard Pokemon to really give anything unique for, as it would much rather just run a Choice item and call it a day, and you keep your Mega slot on top of that. Though, I wanted to try and give its wallbreaking some kind of a niche in its Mega form, and I thought giving it an ability that can make Inferno and Fire Blast inconsequential, and indiscriminately devastating regardless of if you can wall it or not, while not making it so its breaking isn't outright broken. It's gonna be busted to make it even more of a powerhouse in any way, so why not make it at least interesting?

The guaranteed burns off of Inferno are immense for it, giving it either set-up opportunities or the ability to efficiently spread status, making it and Hex a deadly combo. Aura Sphere is another thing I wanted to give it in regards to flavor, since it has crystals that refract and focus its spirit energy, plus it never misses; Aura Sphere is a move it really likes to have too, since it's hard walled by things like Tyranitar in its base form and is wholly outclassed by Blacephalon.

Flavor:

Mega Chandelure is a much fancier Chandalier, fit with hot crystals all over its body that further augment its spirit flames, while serving to enhance its chandalier-like appearance. These crystals allow for it to focus its energy, and make it so its spiritual power never misses its targets.

Inferno Wallbreaker

Timid Nature
- Inferno
- Hex / Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere

Substitute

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Inferno
- Hex
- Aura Sphere / Fire Blast / Shadow Ball / Pain Split

Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator ----> Competitive
Stone Name: Chandelite

Defense: 90 ----> 90
Special Attack: 145 ----> 185 (+40)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 105 (+15)
Speed: 80 ----> 110 (+30)
New Moves: Nasty Plot
Description: It's shocking how one move can change everything. I mean sure, I gave Mega Chandelure 40 extra special attack, making it to the point where it rivals Mega Mewtwo Y, but still.

:bisharp: Mega Bisharp
Mega Bisharp
Type: Dark/Steel
Ability: Steelworker

HP: 65
Atk: 125 => 160 (+35)
Def: 100 => 115 (+15)
SpD: 70 => 95 (+25)
Spe: 70 => 95 (+25)
New Moves: Bullet Punch
Description: Mega Bisharp is more effective at what its base form always has: spam STAB attacks off of a boosted attack stat and fire off Steelworker-boosted Iron Head

Mega Bisharp
New Ability: Defiant / Inner Focus / Pressure ----> Merciless
New Typing: Dark/Steel

New Stats:

Attack: 125 ----> 155 (+30)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 70
Speed: 70 ----> 100 (+30)
Description: Give it Toxic Spikes support and watch it plow defensive teams with guaranteed critical hit attacks from 155 base Attack, and Swords Dance to boost them even further. Even offensive teams are not as safe since it has Sucker Punch to knock them out. It still has its drawbacks such as weaknesses to the incredibly common types in Fire and Ground as well as a double weakness to Fighting, frailty on the special side, and the fact that it mandates Toxic Spikes support which can restrict teambuilding somewhat.
:bisharp:
Mega Bisharp
New Ability: Pressure / Defiant / Inner Focus ----> Tough Claws
New Typing: Dark / Steel

New Stats:

Attack: 125 ----> 145 (+20)
Defense: 100 ----> 110 (+10)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 70 ----> 95 (+25)
Speed: 70 ----> 115 (+45)
New Moves: None.
Description: This variant of Mega Bisharp intends to hit as hard as possible without and with setup. A decently high 145 attack, a decent 115 speed tier, and some setup is all it really needs to wreak havoc on the opposing team. If you thought that offensive teams could take care of this, then you'd be wrong. Really, really, wrong. Even offensive teams aren't safe from this - Sucker Punch will wipe out (or at least heavily damage) faster threats, while its other moves take care of the rest.

Bisharp
Fighting, Steel
Justified
65, 165, 100, 60, 100, 100
Earthquake, Cross chop
Appearance: it becomes more of an knight
Comp: Mega-Bisharp can be an scary sweeper, getting an devastating stab in cross chop, and the chad and ol reliable earthquake to get some kills with 100 acc. it also can punish knock off.
:ss/Bisharp:
Mega Bisharp
Type:
Dark/Steel ---> Dark/Steel
Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure ---> Queenly Majesty
Stats:
HP: 65 ---> 65
Atk: 125 ---> 155 (+30)
Def: 100 ---> 120 (+20)
SpA: 60 ---> 60
SpD: 70 ---> 90 (+20)
Spe: 70 ---> 100 (+30)
Added Moves: Bullet Punch
Description: (It's a chess joke) With access to dual-STAB priority and Swords Dance, Bisharp becomes a fearsome priority sweeper. Queenly Majesty even prevents it from being out-prioritized itself, avoiding Mach Punches and Prankster Will-o-Wisp.

Mega Bisharp
New Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure ----> To the Death (Activates No Retreat status when you gain this ability/switch-in)

New Stats: 65/170/100/60/70/125

Attack: 125 ----> 170 (+45)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 70 (+0)
Description: Pawniard's name is based off "Pawn" and Bisharp's, "Bishop". Mega Bisharp now takes inspiration from a third chess piece: the knight. With this, it drops the dark type and gains a more noble-like fighting type. Its ability represents how a knight would die for his king. Finally it gets sacred swords and close combat as good fighting stabs. It's obviously a very strong pokemon but its ability will punish you pretty hard if you use it recklessly.
Mega Bisharp

Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure -> Iron Force (Contact Moves have 1.5x power but -1 priority)
Typing: Steel/Dark

Stats:
Atk: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Def: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpA: 60 -> 75 (+15)
SpD: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Spe: 70
BST: 490 -> 590 (+100)

New Moves: Close Combat

Flavour: Again, not too adventurous aha. Mega Bisharp becomes a lot more weighted, large and clunky, albeit with much sharper edges (haha edgy) and longer arms and 'claws'. It shares some themes with my Mega Gothitelle (although they aren't built to be in a duo), those being part-dark, ability ending with force and one ability giving boosted priority while the other drops it (they also both have a BST of 590 but that wasn't a choice of mine).

Competitive: Mega Bisharp's ability in Iron Force allows it to smack a majority of the meta extremely hard, threatening to hit things coming in with Knock Off/Iron Head, while also being able to force something out and then hit it with a ridiculously strong Pursuit. It also isn't required to Mega Evolve straight away, as it can threaten things with Sucker Punch (0 priority after Mega Evolving) as well as potentially getting a Defiant boost. However, its ability also hurts it as it means it can't even threaten a priority move on certain Pokemon, meaning it can't say even put some chip onto Mega Lop or other Pokemon who can OHKO and are faster than base 70. Something that's also a problem is that it is predictable in its moveset, almost being forced to run Knock Off/Sucker Punch/Pursuit/Iron Head.
Mega Bisharp
Dark/
Steel
Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure->Royal Blade (Contact-based moves have 1.2x power, and its Dark type status moves have +1 priority. I may need help coding this one)
Attack: 125->145 (+20)
Defense: 100->120 (+20)
Special Attack: 60->60 (+0)
Special Defense: 70->90 (+20)
Speed: 70->110 (+40)
New moves: Close Combat, Meteor Mash, Parting Shot, Topsy Turvy

So Bisharp. Bisharp is a really cool mon. Great wallbreaker, priority, utility, it’s got a lot going for it. I wanted to create a sub that fulfills a similar role to Bisharp but with key differences in execution and power level to ensure viability in the tier. I opted to give him a nice boost in speed and power as well as a smaller boost to his bulk while still leaving him vulnerable specially but to a lesser degree. This build also has a lot of utility in priority Taunt as a stall breaker, priority Topsy Turvy/Sucker Punch as anti-offense, and in a pivoting role Parting Shot and Knock Off. I really like this, and Bisharp has great role compression as both an offensive pivot and a wallbreaker. I think it’s pretty solid but if anyone has any concerns go ahead and explain and I can fix it.

Sample set for fun:
Mega Bisharp
Ability: Defiant (switch in on Defog or Intimidate I guess... outclasses the others at the least)
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Move 1: Meteor Mash
Move 2: Sucker Punch/Close Combat/Topsy Turvy/Taunt
Move 3: Knock Off
Move 4: Parting Shot
Click buttons, break down the opponents, Sucker Punch if you need to, Parting Shot to help bring in teammates safely. Fun stuff

/

Ability: Art of War (If the opponent gains a stat boost against it, or if the user switches in on a boosted opponent, the user is given a volatile status that guarantees its next offensive attack to be a critical hit. Upon Mega Evolution, if the opponent has a stat boost, the ability will activate as if Mega Bisharp has just switched in.

Atk: 170 (+45)
Def: 115 (+15)
SpD: 95 (+25)
Spe: 85 (+15)
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Close Combat

Reasoning:

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you: the Mega of choice on Hyper Offense. I wanted to highlight Bisharp's ability to be a wincon on hyper offense as opposed to simply dumping boosts on it and calling it a day, and on top of that I wanted to give it a way to prevent easy set up on hazard stacking. I not only gave it Bullet Punch to give it a more reliable priority STAB, but I also elected to give it CC so it has a more reliable way of punching through Steel-types. That, and why doesn't it have it already? Its pre-mega form still has access to Defiant, letting it gain a +2 boost on a Defog all the same, while also being a strong anti-set up deterrent and punisher. I wanted to design Mega Bisharp to be a punisher, and that's exactly what this can do.

Flavor: This design greatly resembles a battle scarred, black knight, with a long, torn cape, and more reinforced armor to give a sort of jaded, experienced, vengeance-driven kind of vibe. I want Mega Bisharp to exude menace.

AoA Revenge Killer

Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Swords Dance

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch / Iron Head
Mega Bisharp :bisharp:
New Ability: Defiant / Inner Focus / Pressure ----> Tough Claws
New Typing: Dark/Steel ----> Dark/Steel
New Stats:

Attack: 125 ----> 150 (+25)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 90 (+20)
Speed: 70 ----> 85 (+15)
New Moves: Leaf Blade

Flavor Changes:
Bisharp is the Sword Blade Pokemon species, and various Pokédex entries mention blades as an integral part of its body (Ultra Sun - "No matter how strong the Bisharp, it's said that if the blade on its head is chipped, it will retire from its position as the boss.") and as deadly weapons capable of shattering other Pokemon (Omega Ruby - "This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off."). Because of that, Tough Claws immediately came into mind as the ability to base my Mega Bisharp upon; after Mega Evolving, Bisharp's metallic hands become harder and much sharper, their format akin to knives with a triangular shape. A red-outlined gray cape with a generic golden cross (not a religious one, for obvious reasons) also grows on its back, enabling Pawniard soldiers to distinguish regular Bisharp from its Mega form (also inspired on a bishop's cape, of whom Bisharp's name origin is inspired).

Competitive Changes: Because Bisharp itself is extremely restricted to be a wallbreaker due to its movepool and stats, Mega Bisharp only aims to improve on its role, enough for both forms to be viable on their own and, in case of the Mega, not banworthy (or at least, that's what I tried to do). Tough Claws and a 150 Attack stat makes Mega Bisharp 1.15x as powerful as Adamant Life Orb Bisharp; while the difference in power is minimal, it's the key difference for the Mega form to net KOes against walls such as Toxapex, Hippowdon (Leaf Blade's main target), and Corviknight after Stealth Rock. The slight improvement in bulk also helps Mega Bisharp set up more easily against some notable walls such as the aforementioned Hippowdon (Earthquake can't OHKO it now), Swampert (same as previous example) and Celesteela. A small bump in Speed helps Mega Bisharp outrun a relatively crowded region should it be running a positive nature (although the loss in power, in this case, is very perceivable - the KOes mentioned above no longer apply).

While it's certainly an upgrade, Mega Bisharp's main flaw is probably the opportunity cost of wasting a Mega Evolution slot; sometimes, one could prefer to use regular Bisharp and another Mega Evolution instead depending on the team, seeing how Mega Bisharp is a very direct, straight upgrade to its only viable role.
Mega Bisharp
Type:
Dark/Steel
Ability: Executioner (Attacks against Pokemon with ≤50% HP get powered up by 1.5x, think a toned down Brine effect on every attack)
Stats:
HP: 65​
Att: 145 (+20)​
Def: 110 (+10)​
SpA: 90 (+30)​
SpD: 90 (+20)​
Spe: 90 (+20)​

"This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off."
--- Black 2 & White 2

As we've seen, Bisharp is hard to make not busted. I got around this by giving a pretty small-ish Attack boost (weaker than Black Glasses by default), dumping a modest boost onto Special Attack, and not giving it an ability that immediately boosts power. But if your opponent has Bisharp and you let yourself get chipped down, watch out. It was already a good cleaner with powerful Sucker Punches, but now it probably won't even need to Swords Dance to cleave through a weakened team.

Mega Bisharp
New Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure ----> Gladiatior (This pokemon's attacks cannot be stopped by anything except accuracy)
Stone Name: Bishinite

Attack: 125 ----> 160 (+35)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 80 (+10)
Description: Mega Bisharp becomes a loyal Roman Gladiator, unwavering, ready to die for Arceus. It uses it's sword as it's main weapon.

:gothitelle: Mega Gothitelle
Type:
Max Mindstorm - Psychic-type

Ability: Serene Grace
Stats
Defense 95 ----> 120 (+25)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 145 (+50)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 135 (+25)
Speed: 65 ----> 65
Mega Gothitelle
Type: Psychic => Psychic/Dark
Ability:
Magic Bounce
Def: 95 => 120 (+25)
SpA: 95 => 140 (+45)
SpD: 110 => 135 (+25)
Spe: 65 => 70 (+5)
New Moves: Draining Kiss, Moonlight
Description: Bulky special sweeper that bounces back status and taunts that would otherwise attempt to stop Gothitelle's sweep.

Mega Gothitelle
New Ability: Frisk / Competitive / Shadow Tag ----> Neuroforce
New Typing: Psychic

New Stats:

Defense: 95 ----> 95
Special Attack: 95 ----> 135 (+40)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 105 (+40)
Description: Nasty Plot and Neuroforce allows Gothitelle to break down walls efficiently. It has a lot of coverage to hit checks super-effectively and get the Neuroforce boost such as Thunderbolt (for Corviknight and Skarmory), Shadow Ball (Aegislash), and the newly added Aura Sphere (for Heatran and various Dark-types).
Mega Gothitelle
New Ability: Frisk / Competitive / Shadow Tag ----> Astral Zone (Arena Rock clone that instead sets Psychic Terrain)

New Stats:

Defense: 95 ----> 95
Special Attack: 95 ----> 125 (+30)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 160 (+50)
Speed: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
New Moves: Earth Power, Recover
Description: Mega Alakazam, but bulkier, slower, and less broken. But still just as powerful and actually balanced.
This variant of Mega Gothitelle intends to be a bulky setup sweeper that effectively says "Not today, thank you" to priority, all while granting an extremely hard-hitting Psychic STAB in Expanding Force. 70/95/160 defenses are incredibly potent and allow for Mega Gothitelle to tank all the hits that it needs, and this is backed up by access to Recover. Meanwhile, 125 special attack is surprisingly potent even unboosted, and this effectively grants an insane amount of power behind its Expanding Forces. Earth Power bolsters its offensive capabilities so that it can pick off anything that would be able to survive an Expanding Force has to worry about an Earth Power to the face.
0 SpA Gothitelle Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 300-354 (98.6 - 116.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Gothitelle Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 252-296 (82.8 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(the second calc technically isn't a OHKO but god that's insane)

Gothitelle
Psychic, Ice
Snow warning

70, 55, 95, 190, 115, 65
Ice beam
Appearance: its clothes become longer and white, and goth has those things woman put when they are going to be married or something
Comp: Mega-Gothitelle can be an scary sweeper, boasting an spa higher than deo-a and being able set hail. its still held back by its low speed, but trick room might be somewhat scary.
:Gothitelle:
Mega Gothitelle
New Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Magic Guard
New Typing: Psychic/Steel

New Stats: 70/55/120/130/150/65
ATK: 55 --> 55 (--)
DEF:
95 --> 120 (+25)
SPA:
95 --> 130 (+35)
SPD:
110 --> 150 (+40)
SPE:
65 --> 65 (--)

New Moves:
Wish, Teleport, Doom Desire, Flash Cannon

Description: Not to keep making bulky Wish-passer Megas buuuuut--

So Gothitelle's flavor is all about seeing the future and stuff right? I usually don't go into flavor a whole lot with my subs, but I really love the contrast between its Gen 8 dex entries:
It has tremendous psychic power, but it dislikes conflict. It's also able to predict the future based on the movement of the stars.​
A criminal who was shown his fate by a Gothitelle went missing that same day and was never seen again.​
I initially was gonna be like haha, theyre so contradictory! but actually, gothitelle Desiring Doom on someone who causes conflict actually kinda lines up?

AHEM anyway, stars, seeing the future, wanting to stay out of direct conflict, et cetera, all very wish passer-y/Future Sight abuser-y! So I've given it the tools to do that, I hope. Its defensive typing is improved significantly with the addition of Steel, which it borrows from Jirachi as well as the move Doom Desire. Gothitelle is unfortunately going to be passing smaller Wishes than Jirachi, but its increased defenses and Special Attack stat make it better at the act of being a defensive pivot with disruptive pressure from Future Sight/Doom Desire, as well as an ability that doesn't encourage it to run flinchhax builds instead that eases hazard damage from its role of switching in and out of battle.
:ss/gothitelle:

Mega Gothitelle
New Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag ----> Third Eye (Psychic moves hit dark types neutrally and have an extra 1.5x base power (Scrappy and Steely Spirit clone))

New Stats: 70/55/110/160/130/65

HP: 70 ----> 70 (+0)
Attack: 55 ----> 55 (+0)
Defense: 95 ----> 110 (+15)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 160 (+65)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 65 (+0)
New Moves: Mind Reader
Description: With Gothitelle's pokedex entries going on about how it can predict the future, I decided to make it a fortune teller. In this form, Gothitelle's psychic power are incredibly powerful and allow it to completely ignore the dark typing. It also gives it a really high special attack as well as a boost to its psychic type moves. Mind reader also comes from the fortune telling part. This pokemon is meant to be an unwallable wallbreaker kind of like mega-mawile though its speed is low so it shouldn't be a big problem if you have a powerful attacker with decent speed.
Mega Gothitelle

Ability:
Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Magical Force (Gale Wings (old) Clone; all Psychic type moves have +1 priority)
Typing: Psychic/Dark

Stats:
Atk: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Def: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpA: 95 -> 130 (+35)
SpD: 110 -> 135 (+25)
Spe: 65 -> 80 (+15)
BST: 490 -> 590 (+100)

New Moves: Teleport, Knock Off

Flavour: Mega Gothitelle is more or less just extra Gothitelle if that means anything, it doesn't really have any major changes, although the 'discs' on its head become longer and act like ways of absorbing magic for extra power (hence ability). It shares some themes with my Mega Bisharp (although they aren't built to be in a duo), those being part-dark, ability ending with force and one ability giving boosted priority while the other drops it (they also both have a BST of 590 but that wasn't a choice of mine).

Competitive: Mega Gothitelle is extremely threatening and can force out most Pokémon with the threat of a priority psychic move knocking it out. It also has STAB Dark Pulse for some damage along with Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam and Thunderbolt for coverage. However it also functions extremely well support wise, being able to set up priority screens, has Heal Bell, has Magic Coat and priority Hypnosis, while also being able to threaten a sweep with priority Calm Mind/Cosmic Power (no recovery though). Oh and you might be able to run priority Gravity. It can also use Knock Off/Foul Play in a supportive role. However, its 4x weakness to U-Turn leaves it often lacking longevity or may not be able to come in often due to the risk of it. Oh and technically speaking it also has priority Rest which defeats the problem of no recovery but Rest is Rest so uh....

/

Ability: Astral Chain (If the target is hit with a Ghost-type move, they will be trapped until Gothitelle takes damage. Until that point, however, the opponent is plagued with a Curse effect.)

Atk: 75 (+20)
Def: 95
SpA: 110 (+15)
SpD: 110
Spe: 130 (+65)

New Moves: Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Parting Shot

Reasoning:

I was thinking a lot about the somewhat dark, spiritual connections Gothitelle had, and I decided to try and explore the idea of astral projection with Mega Gothitelle, giving it the ability to mess more directly with spirits, similar to its origin. I feel like this would create for a really fun kind of trapper that would be very good at punishing defensive switch-ins, spreading status, yet also being a useful offensive component at the same time with a palatable speed tier. I gave Hex and Will-O-Wisp for the exact reason of spreading status and being a genuine offensive component, and Parting Shot for when you scare out the defensive guys after landing a Toxic and getting Curse chip on them. I feel this has a lot of room to be a really interesting stallbreaker that can also keep the offensive tides running.

I balanced this hugely with an abysmal defensive typing and a slightly awkward stat spread, making it so it doesn't have too much staying power, isn't hard to revenge kill, isn't impossible to switch into, and can't just sit there wearing down your team without punishment. Also when you consider it only has Rest for longevity on top of this, being reckless with Mega Gothitelle can lead to devastation.

Flavor:

Mega Gothitelle, simply put, embodies itself in a spiritual form, becoming like an astral spirit.
Mega Gothitelle :gothitelle:
New Ability: Frisk / Competitive / Shadow Tag ----> Analytic
New Typing: Psychic ----> Psychic/Dark
New Stats:
Attack: 55 ----> 60 (+5)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 140 (+45)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 110
Speed: 65 ----> 110 (+45)
New Moves: Parting Shot, Psystrike, Moonblast, Will-O-Wisp

Flavor Changes: A lot of Gothitelle's origins point to things that are Gothic-style related. The artistic movement is commonly portrayed alongside darkness or evil-related things, plus it was conceived and elaborated during the Middle Ages (which are - even though sometimes wrongly - reffered by some as "The Dark Ages"), which led me toward giving its Mega a part-Dark typing. Its movepool also has a lot of Dark-type moves, which contributes to that addition. By Mega Evolving, it not only foresees the future with its psychic powers, but it also cleverly reads, knows and analyses every possible future setting. Its intelligence is now unrivaled by regular Pokemon - which explains the addition of the ultimate Psychic-type move, Psystrike - but its weeping becomes uncontrollable once it knows all of its trainer's life and its most likely future outcomes, as a drawback of Mega Evolution. Appearance-wise, it does not change much; a white, fifth pair of discs are added onto its head, below the four original black ones, alongside a white fifth "tier" of dressing.

Competitive Changes: Mega Gothitelle adds a new twist to the very unique typing combination of Psychic / Dark, only shared by Hoopa-Unbound and some random noob trap mon whose name is abandoned from my vocabulary (and should be from yours too!). While Hoopa-U may seem to outclass this, Mega Gothitelle has its unique tools for it to stand out. Its very good speed tier (yes, you all heard it - 110 is faster than MANY threats in the meta still, and the 1 mega rule still applies...) makes it not deadweight against faster offensive teams, and Parting Shot + Analytic is just a combination to punish whichever outcome your opponent might bring when in an unfavorable position. Access to Nasty Plot and Psystrike doesn't make it a pushover of a breaker either - even with its rather measly 140 Special Attack, a +2 STAB Psystrike should do major damage to anything, even OHKOing Chansey after Stealth Rock if it decides to enter the field. It isn't restricted to such a role either - the newly gained fast Will-O-Wisp can bring Calm Mind sets to the table as well, especially when coupled with the immunity-less Dark-type STAB.

Of course, Mega Gothitelle has its fair share of flaws. Even with Moonblast, its coverage is still extremely poor; it's still walled by things like Tyranitar, Heatran and others due to the lack of moves that can effectively nail them. A 4x weakness to U-turn doesn't help it either, and the 110 Speed tier, while good, isn't anything wonderful. Overall, a decent Mega Evolution for the tier in my opinion - not excessively viable, but with its (fair) share of merits.

:conkeldurr: Mega Conkeldurr
Type:
Max Knuckle - Fighting-type

Ability: Concrete Pillars: Clear Body clone.
Stats
Defense: 95 ----> 120 (+25)
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 65 ----> 130 (+65)
Speed: 45
:conkeldurr:
Mega Conkeldurr
Type: Fighting
Ability: Iron Fist

Atk: 140 => 165 (+25)
Def: 95 => 125 (+30)
SpD: 65=> 100 (+35)
Spe: 45 => 65 (+20)
New Moves: Meteor Mash
Description: Devastating Physical wallbreaker whose slightly buffed speed allows it to naturally outspeed bulky pokemon such as Clefable and speed tie with Magerna.
Mega Conkeldurr
Type:
Fighting
Ability: Long Reach
Stats:
HP: 105​
Att: 190 (+50)​
Def: 125 (+30)​
SpA: 65 (+10)​
SpD: 85 (+20)​
Spe: 35 (-10)​

The energy from Mega Evolution pours into the concrete, turning it into what looks like a robotic exoskeleton, but is actually just regular armor because Conkeldurr is jacked as all hell and can move this giant concrete suit with its own strength.

but made of concrete

Mega Conkeldurr ties Mega Mewtwo X for the highest Attack stat of any Pokemon, but since it's giving up Guts, it ends up being slightly weaker than regular Conkeldurr. In return, it gains solid defensive stats to support its great HP, and can lay waste to physical walls like Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, and Tangrowth without fear of Iron Barbs or Rocky Helmet (because Conk isn't actually touching them, just the mech).

Mega Conkeldurr
New Ability: Guts / Sheer Force / Iron Fist ----> Construction Worker: Boosts Rock-type moves by 50% (Steelworker clone)
New Typing: Fighting

New Stats:

Attack: 140 ----> 160 (+20)
Defense: 95 ----> 135 (+40)
Special Attack: 55 ----> 75 (+20)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
Speed: 45 ----> 45
Description: Conkeldurr loves to handle concrete so I decided to give it a custom ability that boosts the elemental type that is most related to it: the Rock-type. Construction Worker allows Conkeldurr to have a a second (pseudo-)STAB without the defensive drawbacks of the Rock-typing.

Donkeldurr
Fighting, Rock
Guts
105, 175, 140, 55, 65, 65
nah
Appearance: it gets buffer and its stone things get larger
Comp: Mega-Donk can be used as an devastating wallbreaker, but its held back by having an not so useful ability, since it needs to hold an mega stone. it also gets more defense
Mega Conkeldurr
Fighting->Fighting/Steel
Guts/Iron Fist/No Guard->Decelerate- At the end of every turn, speed lowers by one stat stage and attack goes up by one. (Speed Boost clone- kinda, might need help coding.)
Stats:
HP: 105->105
Attack: 140->140 (+0)
Defense: 95->95 (+0)
Special Attack: 55->55 (+0)
Special Defense: 65->80 (+15)
Speed: 45->130 (+85)
New moves: Gyro Ball, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch

So here's the deal. Conkeldurr has always stood out to me as an immensely strong wallbreaker that is lacking in the speed department. I wanted to make a mega that also has this concept as a competitive base, but executes it differently. The given stat changes make Conkeldurr far faster than before and capable of sweeping much more effectively since not only can it now dish out strong hits, but it can now outpace and kill offensive threats as well. Additionally, Conk is bulkier and has a better defensive typing, allowing it to tank more hits as well. This comes at a cost, however. First, compared to Guts Conk, he loses a ton of power. Second, the ability. Conk's ability ensures that even though he may be outspeeding key threats turn 1, he gets slower and slower, meaning that stuff like Vish, Cinderace, and other attackers suddenly become counters to Conk who gets outsped and revenge killed. Not all is bad here, though. Conk also gets an attack boost every turn, so he becomes more threatening as time goes on. I opted to not give Conk any more priority so he doesn't become unkillable (added Bullet Punch as a trade after I had to fix him so disregard), as Mach Punch takes several turns to become truly scary and even then he is kinda helpless against fast Ghosts with the right coverage. Steel typing ultimately was added to increase longevity, and give Conk a new STAB to replace Facade, which was commonly run as coverage on Guts sets. Meteor Mash is a flavor pick, while Gyro Ball can be used to abuse Decelerate. Also, I gave him rocks because he's good at forcing switches. The way he is designed means that he doesn't really work under Trick Room because it takes him several turns to be a monster there, and by then TR has already worn off. And yes, I am aware that I lowered Special Attack a ton so I could add more to other stats but honestly given the detriments of now being weak to common types like Fire, Fighting, and Ground on top of Deceleration, I think it's fine. All in all, I'd say he's balanced.

Sample set for fun:
Mega Conkeldurr
Ability: Iron Fist/Guts (Neither really helps... I guess you can run Iron Fist to revenge with Mach Punch and Mega evolve the next turn, or you can run Guts if you get statused on switch in so you can abuse it and play like normal Conk would. Just don't run No Guard so attacks might miss on switch.
Jolly Nature (calc'd it and Mega Conk outspeeds base Conk at -2 if base Conk runs Adamant while also being at +2 attack... also you speed tie with 252+ base 70 mons at -1 so probably run Jolly always idk)
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Move 1: Meteor Mash/Close Combat/Hammer Arm
Move 2: Mach Punch
Move 3: Knock Off
Move 4: Bullet Punch/EQ/Stone Edge/Stealth Rock/fighting STAB
I figured that Close Combat doesn't go very well with Decelerate so yeah

Mega Conkeldurr
New Ability: Guts/Sheer Force/Iron Fist ----> Rock Wall (Immune to crits, takes 3/4 damage from super effective moves (Battle Armor+Solid Rock clone))
New Typing: Fighting/Rock

Attack: 140 ----> 140 (+0)
Defense: 95 ----> 145 (+50)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 115 (+50)
Speed: 45 ----> 45 (+0)
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Iron Defense, Body Press
Description: Behold Conkeldurr's latest construction: a wall! It uses this wall to gain the rock typing, its ability and its high defenses. Stealth Rock comes from the rock type, iron defense and body press from the high defense part. In a way, it's similar to mega-aggron (except Aggron didn't get defog).

/

Ability: Piercing Drill (Pokemon that resist an incoming move lose a stage of defense and upon taking damage from Mega Conkeldurr's resisted attack.)

Atk: 150 (+10)
Def: 145 (+50)
SpD: 95 (+30)
Spe: 55 (+10)
New Moves: Body Press, Iron Head, Iron Defense

Reasoning:

So, obviously, looking at Conk, it's so easy to slap more attack and speed on it and call it a day, but I'm not about that life. Instead, I looked at a rather overlooked aspect of base Conk: its bulk. With the idea I had in mind for its design too, I thought it'd be immensely fun to put emphasis on its tanky aspects and turn it up to 11, giving it a better defensive typing and a niche as a Mega. I opted for STAB Body Press as part of this niche, but I feel that there is a possible ability to run other kinds of tank-esque sets, which is something I loved about this idea. It has unique application with these changes by putting an emphasis on its bulk, but doesn't necessarily trump outright in the offense department.

Flavor: In its design, I put an emphasis on its as a construction worker, giving it a giant metal drill instead of its cinder blocks, and having some steel reinforcements on its body to make it more rugged and armed for the job its base form is based upon.

Special Tank

Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Body Press

Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Wallbreaker

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Mega Conkeldurr
New Ability: Guts/Sheer Force/Iron Fist ----> Precision Cutting (tinted lens x mirror armor)

Special Defense: 65 ----> 100 (+35)
Speed: 45 ----> 95 (+50)
New Moves: Laser Focus, Diamond Storm, Iron Head
Description: Conkeldurr has moved onto cutting diamonds for rings. Precision cutting represents the precision real diamond cutters need, which is the same reason Laser Focus was added. Diamond storm because diamonds, and Iron Head because Conkeldurr needed new STAB moves.
Slight fixes made to typos in superstrike66, ChoiceScarfed and kakaks's subs where the intention was clear (kakaks clarified when asked) and they would have been legal! That said, ImperialGamer517's Chandelure, ChoiceScarfed's Chandelure and Bisharp, and superstrike66's Conkeldurr were excluded for not having the correct BSTs, and TheUltraFinder's Bisharp was excluded for not nerfing as requested here. If you happen to make these changes before voting ends, let me know and I can add them back!

But wait! There's more!
Before you go, please consider voting on this poll to help us decide the next slate!
This includes all of the most supported options from last week's poll, plus all of the new suggestions we've gotten since then. C:

(There have been so many fantastic submissions this time around! I can't wait to see and play with the winning Mega Evolutions - good luck to everyone!!)

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:chandelure: Chandelure: inkbug, myself, zxgzxg
:bisharp: Bisharp: Ausma, myself, zxgzxg
:gothitelle: Gothitelle: IsoCon, myself, War Incarnate
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr: BitBitio, myself, Ausma

Bisharp: AllTerrainVen0moth, Ausma, zxgzxg
(honorable mentions: Bitbitio, MegaFlareon, superstrike66)
Gothitelle: Mateeus, mine, inkbug
(honorable mentions: superstrike66)
Chandelure: zxgzxg, Ausma, superstrike66
(honorable mentions: inkbug, Mossy Sandwich)
B O N K Conkeldurr: Ausma, Mossy Sandwich, MegaFlareon
(honorable mentions: superstrike66)

Chandelure: AllTerrainVen0moth, Mossy Sandwich, inkbug
Bisharp: IsoCon, DrPumpkinz, Mateeus
Gothitelle: Mateeus, Ausma, IsoCon
Conkeldurr: DrPumpkinz, MegaFlareon, kakaks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)