Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not skipped, they're kinda... in limbo. They were reserved and completed on time, but we haven't gotten around to balancing them yet. I wouldn't reopen them until we've reassessed them, because it wouldn't be fair to the submitters; they submitted them on time and with the proper requirements like all the other reservations, but we simply haven't had enough time to get to them in the review process.

Mega Skuntank
Typing: Poison / Dark -----> Poison / Dark
Abilities: Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye -----> Vile*
Stats: 103/93/67/71/61/84 -----> 103/123/87/81/81/104
New Moves: Poison Jab, Gunk Shot
*Poison-type moves permanently change the opponents ability to Vile (does NOT revert on switch out.)

So, every single one of stuntanks dex entries mention it spraying vile fluid, yet instead of giving it semblance on it's play style, game freak gave the poor skunk a plethora of useless abilities to choose from. This leave skuntank as an offensive defogger in lower teirs. This is all fixed however, with an incredibly anti-meta (even more so in MfA) and deliciously flavorful ability in vile, name courtesy of the pokedex's overused adjective. Skuntank attacks you with it's incredibly foul-smelling poison, leaving the revolting stuff all over it's victims. This changes their once coveted pixelate/huge power/fur coat/brute force/etc. into one they can't utilize. This, coupled with skuntanks already patented offensive-poison-defoger niche (you can even add knock off if you like) creates a scary level of utility, pressure, and disruption. Skuntank beats bisharp 1 on 1, and every other competitive/defiant user can have their ability handily removed by a well timed poison jab. The problem with my fantasy was skuntank had no physical poison-type attacks... so, uh, fixed.

The 2 main limiting factor in this would be OP ability is:
a) it's limited to poison type attacks.
b) it changes their ability rather than suppressing it.

The first is pretty obvious, any steel type not 4x weak to fire can safely come in without being crippled (or any non ability reliant pokemon, though that's pretty hard to find in this metagame.) The second is the real reason to be wary. If you accidentally spread your ability to an opponent with poison type STAB or coverage, they can then in turn wreak havoc on your team.

Mega Bronzong
Psychic / Steel ----> Psychic / Steel
Heatproof / Levitate / Heavy Metal ----> Filter
Stats: 67/89/116/79/116/33 ----> 67/99/156/89/156/33

I just disliked all the drizzle/auto trick room/auto gravity submissions, so I wanted to create something a bit less meta game defining. Bronzong used to be OU simply for its great utility. Then powercreep, and ferrothorn, and steel nerf... in short, bronzong just needed a bit of polishing to get back into OU. Filter helps with his 2 new weaknesses and is a nice middle ground between fireproof and levitate while insane mixed bulk lets him stand up to the new powerhouses we have.

Didn't realize how similar this was to other submissions.

Last edited:
Current Slate
Normal → Normal/Dark

Thick Fat/Own Tempo/Defiant (hidden) → Intimidate

71/82/64/64/59/112 (452) → 71/132(+50)/75(+11)/64/70(+11)/140(+28). (552)

+Superpower

Purugly, the Gen V version of Persian. Like its cousin, Purugly isn't exactly what one would call “good” competitively thanks to its mediocre attack and terrible bulk. Well M-Purugly is still going to have pretty atrocious bulk unless you put pretty much all of its stat increases into its defenses, so let's instead put most of them into attack and speed. The dark secondary typing comes from Purugly being known in the Pokemon universe as kind of a jerk and intimidate comes from its Pokedex entries mentioning that it cinches its tail around its waist in order to look bigger. Superpower is a pretty common coverage move.
Purugly (Puruglite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Dark
Abilities: Thick Fat, Own Tempo (Defiant) -> Intimidate
New Moves: Glare, Bulk Up, Revenge

HP: 71 -> 71
Atk: 82 -> 117 (+35)
Def: 64 -> 79 (+15)
SpA: 64 -> 64
SpD: 59 -> 99 (+40)
Spe: 112 -> 122 (+10)
BST: 452 -> 552

Purugly fits as a Dark type, learning a ton of Dark type moves. According the the Pokédex: "It binds its body with its tails to make itself look bigger. If it locks eyes, it will glare ceaselessly." That explains Bulk Up and Glare which allow it to be either annoy with a fast Glare and Taunt or set up.
Mega Purugly
Normal/Dark
Abilities: Thick Fat/Own Tempo/Defiant (hidden) >>> Numbing Bulk (Decreases damage taken by 50% from all sources, including passive and set damage moves.)
Stats: 71/82/64/64/59/112 (452) → 71/127(+45)/114(+50)/64/109(+50)/67(-45). (552)
New Moves: Slack Off, Belly Drum, Sucker Punch

Concept: Fat Cat is the name of the game. The Mega Stone is loaded with chunky Meow Mix and makes Mega Purugly into an obese piece of work. This fat is evil, dark like fudge sundae which kills cats.

The real survival kick is that things like burns, poison and even stuff like Super Fang are half effective. Super fang will shave 1/4 and Seismic Toss is 50 dmg instead of 100. Burn, weather, hazard. Purugly can withstand it and take less damage than anything else.

The real crux is that it can't do much back, even with a decent and hard to resist dual STAB (only resisted by normal resistant dark and fairy types, ie. Ttar, Bisharp, Mawile,) and a powerful Sucker Punch. BD costs only 1/4 health.

Calcs are... hard to do, but I can gauruntee that this cat will take it in strides! Then again, there's not much else I can think of doing to make this useful.
Mega Purugly
Normal -> Normal
Thick Fat/Own Tempo/Defiant -> Tireless (User cannot be put to sleep and does not need to recharge after attacking)
Atk: 82 -> 132 (+50)
SpD: 59 -> 74 (+15)
Spe: 112 -> 132 (+20)

The idea behind this submission is pretty simple: Get a Defiant boost and then sweep with Giga Impact. After a defiant boost, Purugly can 2HKO anything that doesn't resist Giga Impact. However, she is held back by her lackluster movepool and frail defenses.
+2 252 Atk Purugly Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 318-375 (75.7 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mega Skuntank:
Poison / Dark -----> Poison / Dark
Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye -----> Unaware. (It’s Unaware of it’s disgusting smell).
103/93/67/71/61/84 -----> 103/120/90/71/91/104
Slack Off, Ice Fang, Swords Dance.

Overview: (Prepared this ages ago so there is a bit of an essay).

Mega Skuntank takes the title of the Ultimate ‘Fk You!’ to Baton Pass teams. All the opposition can do by boosting their stats is make Skuntank stronger as he abuses his STAB Foul Play and Punishment. Dark typing gives Skuntank an immunity to Stored Power, again destroying the use of full BP, while poison typing allows Skuntank neutrality to Sylveon’s Pixilate / Hyper Voice. The only standard Baton Passer that can hit Skuntank super effectively is Scolipede carrying Earthquake (very rare for Scoli to carry EQ but it happens), which still fails to 2HKO Skuntank. Skuntank can also choose to carry Roar or Haze to further screw over Baton Pass teams. (Because Espeon does not want to switch into Skuntank’s dark STABs and therefore can’t deflect Roar/Haze).

Skuntank also serves as one of the best Defoggers in the game. Skuntank holds a reasonably fast Defog and doesn’t give a flying fuck about Bisharp and Thundurus. At +2 Thundurus is OHKOd by Foul play whilst Bisharp is 2HKOd. Either way the point is that neither defiant user can beat Skuntank 1 on 1 and Skuntank actually appreciates their Defiant boost. Plus with Unaware, 103/90/91 bulk, only 1 weakness and reliable recovery, Skuntank can stay around long enough to Defog multiple times throughout the match and finds plenty of switch in and Defog opportunities.

But it doesn’t end there. Skuntank retains his ability to be a beastly pursuit trapper and will leave some serious dents if you can’t control it. With 120 base Atk and Swords Dance Skuntank can hit hard and has strong priority in STAB Sucker Punch. He has also been blessed this gen with access to Play Rough, allowing him to hit fighting types which would have otherwise given him a hard time in the past. He also gains Ice Fang which hits the many pokemon with 4x weaknesses to Ice, as well as allowing Skuntank to fight back against various ground types who can hit Skuntank for super effective damage.

Overall Mega-SkunTANK is a beast with an extraordinary level of versatility, great typing, solid stat distribution and an epic movepool including moves such as Defog, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Slack Off, Swords Dance, Play Rough, Foul Play, Taunt, Roar and many more. Skuntank can act as a strong set-up sweeper, an epic defogger, a dangerous pursuit trapper, and a great check to many foes as well as an entire play style (full baton pass). Skuntank’s biggest flaw is possibly that he is too versatile and however it can fulfill a lot of roles, it is hard for it to do everything you want it to do with just one set, giving Skuntank possibly THE worst cases of 4MSS.

And yes... by my standards that is an essay. :/
Mega Skuntank

Dark/Poison → Dark/Poison

Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye(hidden) → Overcoat

103/93/67/71/61/84 (479) ---> 103/110(+17)/80(+13)/91(+20)/81(+20)/114(+30)

Pretty simple across the board stats increase. Good bulk and speed with a decent attack makes Skuntank a decent threat. Overcoat is not a great ability, but it gives M-Skuntank a few more switch-in opportunities and and makes some sense with Skuntank's tail protecting its face.
Mega Skuntank
Typing: Poison/Dark ----> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Analytic
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/99/90/110/116/61
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Nasty Plot

With Drapion being physical bulky, I have Mega Skuntank to be the complete opposite. Analytic helps with the medicore 110 Sp.Atk, and Nasty Plot helps too. with a 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def spread, Mega Gardevoir's Moonblast doesn't even do enough to 2HKO, and with 252+ Sp. Atk Mega Skuntank can OHKO back with Sludge Wave. Mega Skuntank is not exceptionally bulky, however, and can still die to strong enough attacks.
Mega Skuntank
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Deadly Toxins (Pokemon that are Poisoned by this pokemon lose 25% of their total HP)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/128/82/91/76/99

So using toxic, that target loses 25% of its hp upon poisoning! If Skuntank uses a move like Sludge Bomb/Poison Jab and gets the target poisoned, this ability still kicks in.
Skuntank (Skuntankite)
Type: Poison/Dark -> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Stench, Aftermath (Keen Eye) -> Unaware
New Moves: Slack Off, Nasty Plot, Gunk Shot

HP: 103 -> 103
Atk: 93 -> 133 (+30)
Def: 67 -> 102 (+35)
SpA: 71 -> 91 (+20)
SpD: 61 -> 86 (+25)
Spe: 84 -> 74 (-10)
BST: 479 -> 579

fuk u defiant
Mega Skuntank
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Artillery (Does 33% More damage with non-contact moves)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/123(+30)105(+38)/103(+22)/101(+40)/54(-30)
New Moves: Earthquake, Gunk Shot

Concept: Unlike Gastrodon, Skuntank is a fucking tank! Look at its name! It's a goddamn mobile artillery, and it has the mixed power to pull it off and durability to go with it. While it lacks awesome stat boosting moves, it can still hit hard with ability boosted moves from both physical and special, and if speed is the problem, pack Sucker Punch.

Its coverage includes Play Rough, which, oddly enough is NOT a contact move, and now earthquake as well. There's always fire blast, which even with Skarmory's max SpDef investment is a clean 2hko.

The lack of a boosting move and the lack of non-contact physical dark moves (Fling would be worthless even if it got it,) is highly problematic. The speed is also an issue and the reliance on low accuracy moves WILL bite you unless you use Hone Claws, which is less than awesome.

Now here comes the 4MSS. With STAB, Fire Blast, Play Rough and Quake competing for a slot as is, there's also gotta be room for Hone Claws, and of course, Defog. As a Defogger, Skuntank is relatively safe coming in on other Defoggers and scaring them out. Skarmory fears Fire Blast as stated before, and Lati@s... do I even have to say anything? Well, okay, I do.

252 Atk Skuntank Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 312-368 (103.3 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
if it's fleeing. I'm not sure Calc accounts for that so I put the number at 80.

Unlike proposed Artillery Gun Slug, Skuntank might need Atk investment to circumvent his better STAB's lack of launchable content.

The 4MSS means that different Pokemon will give you different troubles. A lack of Play Rough will allow Garchomp to rip you apart. A lack of Quake makes you Heatran's bitch. A Lack of Fire lets Skarmory set up rather safely.

Lacking Defog means that someone else must Defog or spin.

If you lack Dark STAB then you might be playing the wrong mon.

This is, I feel, a good way to make 4MSS an actual hindrance. Mega Skunk awaits the day that 6Move Battling comes back and comes for M4A.
Skuntank

Typing: Poison / Dark -----> Poison / Fire
Abilities: Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye -----> Fire Absorb (Fire version of Water Absorb; see Mega Entei)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 -----> 103/137/97/71/101/60
Moves: Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Slack Off

I'm getting in a Fire/Poison Mega if it's the last thing I do... Anyways, Skuntank already learns quite a few Fire moves like Flamethrower and Fire Blast; presumably it ignites its gases to expel flames. However, Skuntank is also rather physically oriented, so in order to take advantage of its Fire-typing it needs some physical Fire STABs. Flare Blitz, while strong, however, does not bode well for a Pokemon as slow as Skuntank. Slack Off helps take the edge off of the recoil damage. 103/97/101 bulk is virtually on par with the base 100 legends, so it isn't too shabby. 137 Attack also means that it will pack a punch when it hits with physical attacks. Immunity to both poison and burn ensure that Skuntank won't be taking much passive damage. However, Poison/Fire is a rather shitty defensive typing, with a double weakness and a bunch of other weaknesses. It all balances out to make Mega Skuntank an interesting choice for a Mega.
Mega Skuntank
Abilities: Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye ----->Vile*
*Poison-type moves permanently change the opponents ability to Vile (does NOT revert on switch out.)
So, every single one of stuntanks dex entries mention it spraying vile fluid, yet instead of giving it semblance on it's play style, game freak gave the poor skunk a plethora of useless abilities to choose from. This leave skuntank as an offensive defogger in lower teirs. This is all fixed however, with an incredibly anti-meta (even more so in MfA) and deliciously flavorful ability in vile, name courtesy of the pokedex's overused adjective. Skuntank attacks you with it's incredibly foul-smelling poison, leaving the revolting stuff all over it's victims. This changes their once coveted pixelate/huge power/fur coat/brute force/etc. into one they can't utilize. This, coupled with skuntanks already patented offensive-poison-defoger niche (you can even add knock off if you like) creates a scary level of utility, pressure, and disruption. Skuntank beats bisharp 1 on 1, and every other competitive/defiant user can have their ability handily removed by a well timed poison jab. The problem with my fantasy was skuntank had no physical poison-type attacks... so, uh, fixed.

The first is pretty obvious, any steel type not 4x weak to fire can safely come in without being crippled (or any non ability reliant pokemon, though that's pretty hard to find in this metagame.) The second is the real reason to be wary. If you accidentally spread your ability to an opponent with poison type STAB or coverage, they can then in turn wreak havoc on your team.
Mega Skuntank

Poison / Dark ----> Poison / Dark
Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye ----> Last Fart, when Skuntank faints, the opponent's Pokemon is inflicted with Toxic. Steel-types are NOT immune to this ability
103 / 93 / 67 / 71 / 61 / 84 (479) ----> 103 / 123 (+30) / 97 (+30) / 71 / 91 (+30) / 84 (+10) (579)
New Moves: Flare Blitz

Has anyone ever heard of the "weasel's last fart"? Well, this ability is kind of inspired by it, and it sounded like it made sense in my head at the time, so yeah. Anyways, Mega Skuntank plays a very interesting role as a suicide attacker that can do his job, even when he faints. His offensive presence was taken up a few notches, and can certainly bring the pain with good coverage options. The newly added Flare Blitz is added not only to hit Steel-types hard, but it also wears Mega Skuntank down, bringing him closer to activating Last Fart. Now people may be thinking "Why not just give him Toxic?". If he wants Toxic, then he has to give up a moveslot for it, so with Last Fart, not only can he have all four moveslots to work with, but his ability can actually Toxic Steel-types, which is huge when against the likes of Heatran, Bisharp, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Skarmory, and so on.
Steel / Psychic -----> Steel / Psychic
Levitate / Heatproof / Heavy Metal -----> Drizzle
67/89/116/79/116/33 -----> 67/104/136/129/136/23
New Moves: Thunder, Soak, Baton Pass.

Overview:

However not the best typing it fits and isn’t worth changing. As for Drizzle...
“It can summon rain clouds. People long ago revered it as the bringer of plentiful harvests.”
“It brought rains by opening portals to another world. It was revered as a bringer of plentiful harvests.”
“In ages past, this Pokémon was revered as a bringer of rain.”
I know that without it’s stone the rain isn’t gonna last long, so I tried to boost Bronzong’s SpA stat and gave it Thunder so that it could attempt to hurt stuff with it’s rain. I also gave it a slow Baton Pass so that it could keep momentum while setting up rain for a short time and tank a hit to bring in a rain sweeper safely. In lowering it’s speed and boosting it’s attack a bit I guess Bronzong’s Gyro Ball is a lot stronger now? Lastly I figured if it’s raining heavily, shit is gonna soaked, so Soak is there mainly for flavor but if you wanna have some fun, Soak + Thunder ftw.
Mega Bronzong
Steel/Psychic -> Steel/Psychic
Levitate/Heatproof/(Heavy Metal) -> Dimensional Warp (Auto Trick Room Ability)
67/89/116/79/116/33 -> 67/129/146/89/146/23
Moves: Volt Switch, Recover

Dimensional Warp was an ability given to Reuniclus and if there's any Pokemon that screams Trick Room as much as Reuniclus is Bronzong. So, that's why Bronzong's like that. It's different because Bronzong is more of a tank than Reuniclus is and focuses on attack rather than special attack.

Here's another instance of bringing one of my old favorite OU Pokemon back to OU by making it more Trick Room-y. It's a lot more bulky now and a lot physically stronger. Time for all of your Gyro Balls! Recover is there because it could use some recovery and so many other Pokemon get it (I can remove it later if it's deemed too strong). I gave it Volt Switch to give it momentum for switching out to another Trick Room sweeper (But be warned that it has to be able to survive one attack from the opponent since Bronzong's definitely going first)

I could have more to say but I don't have time for it.
Mega Bronzong

Steel/Psychic –> Steel

Levivtate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal(hidden) → Levitate

67/89/116/79/116/33 (500) → 67/100(+11)/150(+34)/100(+21)/150(+34)/33 (600)

+Recover

Bronzong, like many before it, seems like it should be a defensive based Pokemon by is let down by mediocre HP and no instant recovery. With huge increases to both its defenses, the Leviate ability it inherits from its regular form, the loss of its unnecessary Psychic secondary typing and a new recovery move in Recover, Bronzong becomes a much better defensive Pokemon that could wall either side. A modest increases to its offenses also allows it to hit decently hard even with no investment
Mega Bronzong

BST: 67/89/116/79/116/33 ----> 67/119/138/91/162/23
New Moves: Brick Break, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split

A straight upgrade over the normal Bronzong, Mega Bronzong possesses better defenses and an increased Atk to at least let it deal some damage in return. Will-O-Wisp helps with its lower Defense stat, and Pain Split gives Bronzong at least some form of recovery, however unreliable it might be. Brick Break is kind of there for an alternative of attacking moves.
Mega Bronzong
Typing: Steel/Psychic ----> Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal ----> Gravity Pull (Summons the effect of Gravity for 5 Turns)
BST: 67/89/116/79/116/33 ----> 67/99/136/119/136/43

With this, you can totally mess up an opponents team (make sure not to hurt yours!) Ground pokemon or EQ users will have a field day! Good bye Rotom-W :P
Bronzong (Bronzingite)
Type: Steel/Psychic -> Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof (Heavy Metal) -> Levitate
New Moves: Heal Bell, Metal Burst

HP: 67 -> 67
Atk: 97 -> 109 (+12)
Def: 116 -> 160 (+44)
SpA: 87 -> 87
SpD: 116 -> 160 (+44)
Spe: 33 -> 33
BST: 500 -> 600

How does this thing not get Heal Bell?
Mega Bronzong
Typing: Steel/Psychic--------->Steel/Water
Abilities: Heatproof, Levitate, Heavy Metal (Dream World)--------->Drizzle
Normal Stats: 67/89/116/79/116/33
Mega Stats: 67/109/126/109/126/63
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Thunder

Now you might think this is broken material, but rain lasts only five turns and Bronzong hates all entry hazards except Toxic Spikes. It gets hit hard by Fighting, Ground, and Electric (opposing Thunder cripples Bronzon
Mega Bronzong
Levitate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal -> Mold Breaker
Atk: 97 -> 157 (+60)
Def: 116 -> 116
SpA: 87 -> 157 (+70)
SpD: 116 -> 116
Spe: 33 -> 3 (-30)
Moves: +Psycho Boost
Mega Bronzong
67/89/116/79/116/33 -----> 67/114(+25)/156(+40)/104(+25)/156(+40)/3(-30)
New moves: Thunder, Scald, Metal Sound

Concept: As a bell of rain, there's little else that fits movewise. A pity that despite having higher ATK, this mega promotes special attacks with Thunder and the almighty Scald. Of course, they aren't aware that you will, a VERY large portion of the time, will hit very hard with Gyro Ball. Yes, with recordbreaking low speed, few mons in OU bar maybe a Shuckle will want to eat your steel balls.

Even without investment, you'll make things think twice!

0 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 332-392 (97 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (139 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 144-169 (32.4 - 38%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Keep in mind, Cress can't do much in return.

And, of course, the rain screws with fire types.
252 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong in Rain: 66-80 (19.5 - 23.6%)
compared to
252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 104-124 (30.7 - 36.6%) -- 65.3% chance to 3HKO

And between Scald and Quake, you can't keep your heat in.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong in Rain: 108-128 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91.4% chance to 3HKO

Fire types are a non-issue. Ground types do not want to get burnt and Thunder handles Bulky Waters.

0 SpA Bronzong Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 170-202 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can probably tell that the problem is 4MSS, right? If you want to run a mixed Quake/GB/Thunder/Scald set, you can, but that'll leave little room for Stealth Rocks. Sacrificing moveslots is the name of the rain dinger's game, and all of those non-issues start to become more problematic when you get rid of a little bit of coverage.
Mega Bronzong

Heatproof / Levitate / Heavy Metal ----> Trick Dimension, auto-Trick Room
67 / 89 / 116 / 79 / 116 / 33 (500) ----> 67 / 119 (+20) / 146 (+30) / 89 (+10) / 146 (+30) / 33 (600)
New Moves: Heal Bell and Recover

Mega Bronzong is, to say the least, not the easiest of walls to use. His defenses are borderline excellent, and he has enough Attack to make his Gyro Balls hurt quite a bit, and gaining great moves in Recover and Heal Bell mean he can take hits and stay healthy throughout the whole battle. But that's not all; Mega Bronzong has Trick Dimension, which is simply an auto Trick Room. This means that slow, bulky sweepers such as Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Reuniclus, Rhyperior, Azumarill, and plenty others can sweep right after Mega Bronzong enters the fray. But its ability is also a drawback that can restrict teambuilding, and this is made apparent when you realize you can't use the likes of Greninja, Deoxys-S, Latios, Talonflame, and Scolipede without hindering their amazing Speed stats. You have to use Mega Bronzong on either stall teams or teams that specialize in low Speed, restricting teambuilding. But when you do manage to build a team it can work with, Mega Bronzong will be the backbone for the entire team, and WILL take you places.
Spiritomb (Spiritite)
Type: Ghost/Dark → Ghost/Dark
Ability: Pressure (Infiltrator) → Prankster
Stats: 50/92/108/92/108/35 (485) → 50/122/133/122/133/25 (585)
New Moves: +Slack Off, +Parting Shot, +Stealth Rock

“It (Spiritomb) is also based on a Buddhist tradition performed on New Year's Eve in Japan. A bell is rung 108 times to chase away the 108 temptations in order to achieve Nirvana.” -Bulbapedia

Spiritomb, one of the coolest Pokemon aesthetically and story-wise, but it’s just lackluster competitively. Why use this over any other Ghost or Dark type, or even over it’s Prankster-abusing Ghost/Dark cousin, Sableye? Well here’s the reason: Mega Spiritomb. With a whopping 585 BST, stellar defenses, nice attack stats, and a plethora of new moves to abuse it’s new ability, Prankster, Mega Spiritomb puts Sableye in it’s grave (Pun intended).

Flavor time! Slack Off? Why Slack Off? Well, the answer is in the quote above you! Spiritomb is based on a Buddhist tradition where a bell is rung to chase away the 108 temptations, which also resemble Spiritomb. Laziness is definitely a temptation, so naturally, Spiritomb gets Slack Off. Stealth Rock is a guilty add of mine, but to be fair, it lives in a rock. Parting Shot is a verbal threat to the opponent, a Dark move indeed, and Spiritomb just looks like the kind of guy to tell you to FUDGE OFF! As for Prankster, read this quote: “It was formed by uniting 108 spirits. It has been bound to the Odd Keystone to keep it from doing any mischief.” -HG/SS Pokedex. Need I say more? It’s a mischievous little beast isn’t it?

Finally, how will this affect the metagame? Mega Spiritomb will definitely make a splash in OU, like a Sableye on steroids. Will-o-Wisping Garchomp, Mega Mawile, Bisharp, etc., Taunting Mega Venusaur and Chansey, and even being used as a pivot with Parting Shot! For the most part, Mega Spiritomb is a status master with a bite to it (Sorry Sableye), abusing it’s nice status movepool, while having the essential attacking moves (Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Shadow Sneak, etc.).

I'm very proud of my creation, please consider me for best Spiritomb! :D
Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark ----> Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator ----> Tough Claws
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 ----> 50/139/143/105/123/35
New Moves: Superpower, Stone Edge, Bulk Up

Basic idea is Spiritomb sprouts arms from the keystone and claws the heck out of everything. I would've gave it Shadow Claw, but oh well, the 3 moves limit, plus the fact that Sucker Punch pretty much already outclasses it. Superpower and Stone Edge are both coverage moves, with Bulk Up to boost Mega Spiritomb's Atk and Def. With 252+ Atk, an unboosted Shadow Sneak would OHKO Mega Gardevoir, and a +1 Stone Edge will make a dent in Azumarill. However, Mega Spiritomb doesn't really have that much power when unboosted, and it's incredibly slow as well.
Spiritomb (Spiritombite)
Type: Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure (Infiltrator) -> Infiltrator
New Moves: Recover, Thunder Wave, Focus Blast

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 92 -> 115 (+23)
Def: 108 -> 135 (+27)
SpA: 92 -> 115 (+23)
SpD: 108 -> 135 (+27)
Spe: 35 -> 35
BST: 485 -> 585

Status through subs just because.
At least someone supported me about Analytic Spiritomb, look at Snotjoch's post:

"Well, Spiritomb looks kind of intelligent and it lives in a rock thing made by humans so I guess Analytic makes sense."

Thank you so much, Analytic doesn't contradict flavor. With that being said.....

Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark -------->Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure, Infiltrator (Dream World)---------> Analytic
New Moves: Phantom Force, Giga Drain, and Flash Cannon
Normal Stats: 50/92/108/92/108/35
Mega Stats: 50/112/138/112/138/35

Prior to Generation VI, it's unique typing wields no weaknesses. Now, with a new weakness to Fairy types, Spiritomb struggles to compete in the metagame. Base 92 offenses doesn't feel enough to hit hard and base 108 Defenses can only tank very few powerful hits.

Introducing Mega Spiritomb. With stats that have better overall bulk than Dusknoir's and offenses on par with Lucario as well as Analytic, and we have a Pokemon that can actually take hits and hit hard back with dual STABs such as base 156 Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball. No other Pokemon would be able to make good use of Analytic (Magnezone cannot give up Magnet Pull to trap Steels, Starmie is too fast with base 115 Speed (it's bulk is bad even in Trick Room), and Porygon evolutionary line is struggling to make room for Analytic since Trace and Adaptability are good abilities).
Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark >>>Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator >>>Shadow Tag
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 >>> 50/112(+20)/138(+30)/112(+20)/138(+30)/35
New Moves:+Knock Off, +Ancient Power, +Haze
"Its constant mischief and misdeeds resulted in it beingbound to an Odd Keystone by a mysterious spell."

Spiritomb is one weird Pokemon. It looks more like something from Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon or some jank-ass shit, to be honest, and its design is just plain weird, resembling an angry hurricane that got itself stuck to a gumdrop while unripe banana slices orbit its face.

All is forgiven, however, once you look past the aesthetics and see how much competitive potential this thing possesses. Spiritomb is the proud owner of the elusive Ghost/Dark typing, leaving him with only one weakness -- Fairy. Spiritomb also possesses a healthy mix of offensive and defensive stats, as well as packing a fantastic blend of offensive and support moves to make proper use of them.

Unfortunately, that's where Spiritomb's blessings run out. Spiritomb bears an awful base 50 HP stat, and an even more abysmal base 35 speed. This means it cannot properly make use of moves such as Taunt, as it's too slow to stop anything from setting up at least once, and it lacks the niche in Prankster given to its cousin Sableye. Its HP is a double-edged sword, as it greatly hinders its defensive presence, making it much more susceptible to being worn down quickly, but also means that it can make excellent use of Pain Split.

Anyway, on to the Mega. Flavorwise, Prankster would be excellent, as Spiritomb is trapped in the keystone as punishment for causing all sorts of shenanigans, but this essentially turns it into a buffed Sableye, and we don't want that, do we? This led me to look to the latter part of his Dex description, which describes his punishment:Entrapment
This, of course, caused me to look no further thanShadow Tag. Now, Shadow Tag is one of the most feared abilities in the entire metagame, and for good reason. Being able to switch out is one of the most important gameplay mechanics in Pokemon, and Shadow Tag takes that away. This has deemed Wobbuffet Uber in past generations, Mega Gengar Uber in this one, and even Gothitelle is banished to BL because of it. This means that trapping abilities could make or break a Pokemon, and as such must be distributed carefully. And that's what I've done.

In my mind, few Pokemon deserve Shadow Tag more than Spiritomb. His typing beckons it, his Dex description even hints at it, and, best of all, Spiritomb has the movepool to make use of it.

This movepool consists of moves such as Taunt, Curse, Nasty Plot, Torment, Memento, Calm Mind, Toxic, and more. This means Spiritomb can either act as a setup sweeper, a stallbreaker, or a full-on stall mon itself. A whole new realm of possibilities opens up for Spiritomb, and his viability increases tenfold.

However, not all is fine and dandy for the Tomb. His speed is still abysmally slow, and he lacks reliable recovery outside of Pain Split. Unlike Mega Gengar, he's susceptible to Toxic, meaning that certain stall variants could wear him down quickly before he can wreak havok. Shadow Tag is also notorious for its ability to utterly destroy the Blobs, but with Moonblast added to Mega Blissey's arsenal, Mega Spiritomb would have to be on its toes when facing her. But you know what? That's a good thing. Maybe not for Spiritomb, but for the metagame. The last thing we need is yet another pokemon that can single-handedly demolish entire playstyles, and I can safely say with utmost certainty that Mega Spiritomb does not. Is it a fantastic pokemon? Absolutely. Is it broken beyond belief? Not in the slightest.

The stats are a straight upgrade from base Spiritomb. If he were to be made too specialized, he would teeter on the edge of brokenness. Spiritomb has always been fairly balanced, so balanced he shall stay. The movepool additions are fairly simple as well -- Spiritomb isn't exactly made of solid material, and it's always a good move for a defensive pokemon to have, so Haze has been added. Ancient Power because it is, after all, bound to a stone, but the stone is all magic n' shit, so Ancient Power made the most sense of all the Rock-type moves to give Spiritomb. Knock Off because, well, it's a good move to have and it gets STAB on it, so why not?

Might add some damage calcs later if you attempt to seduce me hard enough.
Mega Spiritomb
Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator -> Mystic Guard (User takes no damage from Fairy-type attacks)
Atk: 92 -> 122 (+30)
Def: 108 -> 133 (+25)
SpA: 92 -> 122 (+30)
SpD: 108 -> 133 (+25)
Spe: 35 -> 25 (-10)
Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator >>> Wish Maker (begins a Whish when switched in)
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 >>> 50/115(+23)/140(+32)/115(+23)/140(+32)/25(-10)
New Moves: Mirror Coat, Dazzling Gleam

Concept: Spiritomb is a genie of sorts, bound akin to a djinn to a flask. Unlike most ideal wishers, 50 HP is shit. 140 defenses is pretty good as is the mixed offenses, albeit with overlapping dual STAB.

Survival is the name of the game and a bit of team support. Granted, said support is only 157 health at max, so use carefully.
Spiritomb
Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator -> 108 Defense (Will take a maximum of 108 damage from any attack)
50/92/108/92/108/35 -> 50/108/130/108/130/59

Spiritomb is based off the concept of 108 everything, well, this Mega does it. You can see that this ability prevents this Pokemon from any damage greater than 108. It's attack and special attack got boosted to 108. It's defenses? Well, what's 108 in base 9? That's a 130. The rest is dumped into it's speed. Really stupid concept but I thought you might get a chuckle from it

Need more purugly y/y/?

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Skuntank

Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye ----> Last Fart, when Skuntank faints, the opponent's Pokemon is inflicted with Toxic. Steel-types are NOT immune to this ability
103 / 93 / 67 / 71 / 61 / 84 (479) ----> 103 / 123 (+30) / 97 (+30) / 71 / 91 (+30) / 84 (+10) (579)

Has anyone ever heard of the "weasel's last fart"? Well, this ability is kind of inspired by it, and it sounded like it made sense in my head at the time, so yeah. Anyways, Mega Skuntank plays a very interesting role as a suicide attacker that can do his job, even when he faints. His offensive presence was taken up a few notches, and can certainly bring the pain with good coverage options. The newly added Flare Blitz is added not only to hit Steel-types hard, but it also wears Mega Skuntank down, bringing him closer to activating Last Fart. Now people may be thinking "Why not just give him Toxic?". If he wants Toxic, then he has to give up a moveslot for it, so with Last Fart, not only can he have all four moveslots to work with, but his ability can actually Toxic Steel-types, which is huge when against the likes of Heatran, Bisharp, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Skarmory, and so on.

Mega Skuntank

How would it poison Steel types? They're immune not just to Poison-type moves but the status as well, the same way Fire types are immune to Brun.

Valmanway

How would it poison Steel types? They're immune not just to Poison-type moves but the status as well, the same way Fire types are immune to Brun.
Steel-types technically can be poisoned. When a Pokemon evolves, such as a poisoned Prinplup evolving into Empoleon, Empoleon remains Poisoned. Also, if you change their typing, such as using Soak, and then poison them, they'll still be poisoned, despite changing back to a Steel-type once they switch out. Steel-types can be poisoned, just not directly. The ability could be an exception, I guess.

Mega Purugly
Normal/Dark
Abilities: Thick Fat/Own Tempo/Defiant (hidden) >>> Numbing Bulk (Decreases damage taken by 50% from all sources, including passive and set damage moves.)
Stats: 71/82/64/64/59/112 (452) → 71/127(+45)/114(+50)/64/109(+50)/67(-45). (552)

Concept: Fat Cat is the name of the game. The Mega Stone is loaded with chunky Meow Mix and makes Mega Purugly into an obese piece of work. This fat is evil, dark like fudge sundae which kills cats.

The real survival kick is that things like burns, poison and even stuff like Super Fang are half effective. Super fang will shave 1/4 and Seismic Toss is 50 dmg instead of 100. Burn, weather, hazard. Purugly can withstand it and take less damage than anything else.

The real crux is that it can't do much back, even with a decent and hard to resist dual STAB (only resisted by normal resistant dark and fairy types, ie. Ttar, Bisharp, Mawile,) and a powerful Sucker Punch. BD costs only 1/4 health.

Calcs are... hard to do, but I can gauruntee that this cat will take it in strides! Then again, there's not much else I can think of doing to make this useful.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Purugly
Normal -> Normal
Thick Fat/Own Tempo/Defiant -> Tireless (User cannot be put to sleep and does not need to recharge after attacking)

The idea behind this submission is pretty simple: Get a Defiant boost and then sweep with Giga Impact. After a defiant boost, Purugly can 2HKO anything that doesn't resist Giga Impact. However, she is held back by her lackluster movepool and frail defenses.
+2 252 Atk Purugly Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 318-375 (75.7 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

We can't move on to the next slate until after voting/discussion. Usually it's 24 hours submission period followed by 24 hours voting on those submissions + discussing the next slate. Then we move to then next slate.

So... uh, I'm pretty sure it's been more than 24 hours, and I don't know whats going on...

PM ME VOTES [Slate is on this page]
DISCUSS WHATEVER THE NEXT SLATE IS

For that matter, the next slate is:
Carnivine
Lumineon
Lickilicky
Togekiss

pretty meh ._.

EDIT: Also, my Bronzong submission seems to be missing its ability (which is Filter, btw)

Last edited:
Ok so Carnivine is a pretty interesting Pokemon that sadly plain sucks. We can give him Strong Jaw with some jaw based move because of his literally giant mouth which he catches flies with.As for stats maybe just make it more of a bulky attacker since Grass type is pretty decent defensively with Water, Electric and Ground resistances.

Togekiss can transform into a jet plane upon mega evolutions and maybe Aerialite to show that it officially became an airplane. Stat boosts mainly to offensive stats and speed would be cool.

Lumineon and Lickylicky no idea.

Togekiss has been mainly defensive in the past, but it has a good offensive movepool and stats, so it'd be cool to make a Togekiss that isn't totally reliant on Para-Flinch bullshit.

Also, Volt Absorb/Lightningrod on Lumineon would be plausible, as in the Dex it says Lumineon competes for food with Lanturn.

Uh oh.... How do you make terrible pokemon good? Give them an awesome ability :-D (obviously excluding Togekiss guys :s )

Here we gooo....

Mega Carnivine
Grass -> Grass
Levitate -> FlyCatcher (When Contact moves hit this target, they lose 1/8 of their HP and cant retreat during the next turn)

74 -> 74
100 -> 135 (+35)
72 -> 125 (+53)
90 -> 115 (+25)
72 -> 94 (+22)
46 -> 11 (-35)

The pokemon grows much much wider and is stuck into the ground (reasons for greatly reducing its speed even more). I usually wont drop speed to make a pokemon much better but in this case it sucks and it needs all the help it can get! I think that ability works nicely flavor wise..Pls give me your thoughts :)

Mega Lickylicky

Normal -> Normal
Own Tempo + Oblivious + Cloud Nine -> Unaware

110 -> 110
85 -> 110 (+25)
95 -> 125 (+30)
80 -> 100 (+20)
95 -> 125 (+30)
50 -> 45 (-5)

A Tank or What!? You can make a wall on either side. Wonder what moves to give it??

Last edited:
Uh oh.... How do you make terrible pokemon good? Give them an awesome ability :-D (obviously excluding Togekiss guys :s )

Here we gooo....

Mega Carnivine
Grass -> Grass
Levitate -> FlyCatcher (When Contact moves hit this target, they lose 1/8 of their HP and cant retreat during the next turn)

74 -> 74
100 -> 135 (+35)
72 -> 125 (+53)
90 -> 115 (+25)
72 -> 94 (+22)
46 -> 11 (-35)

The pokemon grows much much wider and is stuck into the ground (reasons for greatly reducing its speed even more). I usually wont drop speed to make a pokemon much better but in this case it sucks and it needs all the help it can get! I think that ability works nicely flavor wise..Pls give me your thoughts :)

Mega Lickylicky

Normal -> Normal
Own Tempo + Oblivious + Cloud Nine -> Unaware

110 -> 110
85 -> 110 (+25)
95 -> 125 (+30)
80 -> 100 (+20)
95 -> 125 (+30)
50 -> 45 (-5)

A Tank or What!? You can make a wall on either side. Wonder what moves to give it??
Not submission time.

Lickilicky is so derptastic that I could see it being so numb as to take half damage from all sources that aren't OHKO moves which are banned anyway. It'd probably need a secondary type to ensure it has enough weaknesses.

Valmanway

Lickilicky could have a reverse Static, so all of his attacks that make direct contact have a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents. It kind of makes sense, given his dex description: "The long tongue is always soggy with slobber. The saliva contains a solvent that causes numbness.". So with this ability and Body Slam, he becomes a slower Jirachi; just as annoying, but more manageable. His movepool is already pretty wide, so the only move that I can see being added without making him broken is Drain Punch for some semi-reliable recovery, but that's it.

I have received a total of one vote so far, and we're half way through the voting phase. cummon guise

Slate:
Current Slate
Normal → Normal/Dark

Thick Fat/Own Tempo/Defiant (hidden) → Intimidate

71/82/64/64/59/112 (452) → 71/132(+50)/75(+11)/64/70(+11)/140(+28). (552)

+Superpower

Purugly, the Gen V version of Persian. Like its cousin, Purugly isn't exactly what one would call “good” competitively thanks to its mediocre attack and terrible bulk. Well M-Purugly is still going to have pretty atrocious bulk unless you put pretty much all of its stat increases into its defenses, so let's instead put most of them into attack and speed. The dark secondary typing comes from Purugly being known in the Pokemon universe as kind of a jerk and intimidate comes from its Pokedex entries mentioning that it cinches its tail around its waist in order to look bigger. Superpower is a pretty common coverage move.
Purugly (Puruglite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Dark
Abilities: Thick Fat, Own Tempo (Defiant) -> Intimidate
New Moves: Glare, Bulk Up, Revenge

Atk: 82 -> 117 (+35)
SpD: 59 -> 99 (+40)
Spe: 112 -> 122 (+10)

Purugly fits as a Dark type, learning a ton of Dark type moves. According the the Pokédex: "It binds its body with its tails to make itself look bigger. If it locks eyes, it will glare ceaselessly." That explains Bulk Up and Glare which allow it to be either annoy with a fast Glare and Taunt or set up.
Mega Purugly
Normal/Dark

Mega Purugly
Normal -> Normal

Mega Skuntank:
Poison / Dark -----> Poison / Dark
Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye -----> Unaware. (It’s Unaware of it’s disgusting smell).
103/93/67/71/61/84 -----> 103/120/90/71/91/104
Slack Off, Ice Fang, Swords Dance.

Overview: (Prepared this ages ago so there is a bit of an essay).

Mega Skuntank takes the title of the Ultimate ‘Fk You!’ to Baton Pass teams. All the opposition can do by boosting their stats is make Skuntank stronger as he abuses his STAB Foul Play and Punishment. Dark typing gives Skuntank an immunity to Stored Power, again destroying the use of full BP, while poison typing allows Skuntank neutrality to Sylveon’s Pixilate / Hyper Voice. The only standard Baton Passer that can hit Skuntank super effectively is Scolipede carrying Earthquake (very rare for Scoli to carry EQ but it happens), which still fails to 2HKO Skuntank. Skuntank can also choose to carry Roar or Haze to further screw over Baton Pass teams. (Because Espeon does not want to switch into Skuntank’s dark STABs and therefore can’t deflect Roar/Haze).

Skuntank also serves as one of the best Defoggers in the game. Skuntank holds a reasonably fast Defog and doesn’t give a flying fuck about Bisharp and Thundurus. At +2 Thundurus is OHKOd by Foul play whilst Bisharp is 2HKOd. Either way the point is that neither defiant user can beat Skuntank 1 on 1 and Skuntank actually appreciates their Defiant boost. Plus with Unaware, 103/90/91 bulk, only 1 weakness and reliable recovery, Skuntank can stay around long enough to Defog multiple times throughout the match and finds plenty of switch in and Defog opportunities.

But it doesn’t end there. Skuntank retains his ability to be a beastly pursuit trapper and will leave some serious dents if you can’t control it. With 120 base Atk and Swords Dance Skuntank can hit hard and has strong priority in STAB Sucker Punch. He has also been blessed this gen with access to Play Rough, allowing him to hit fighting types which would have otherwise given him a hard time in the past. He also gains Ice Fang which hits the many pokemon with 4x weaknesses to Ice, as well as allowing Skuntank to fight back against various ground types who can hit Skuntank for super effective damage.

Overall Mega-SkunTANK is a beast with an extraordinary level of versatility, great typing, solid stat distribution and an epic movepool including moves such as Defog, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Slack Off, Swords Dance, Play Rough, Foul Play, Taunt, Roar and many more. Skuntank can act as a strong set-up sweeper, an epic defogger, a dangerous pursuit trapper, and a great check to many foes as well as an entire play style (full baton pass). Skuntank’s biggest flaw is possibly that he is too versatile and however it can fulfill a lot of roles, it is hard for it to do everything you want it to do with just one set, giving Skuntank possibly THE worst cases of 4MSS.

And yes... by my standards that is an essay. :/
Mega Skuntank

Dark/Poison → Dark/Poison

Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye(hidden) → Overcoat

103/93/67/71/61/84 (479) ---> 103/110(+17)/80(+13)/91(+20)/81(+20)/114(+30)

Pretty simple across the board stats increase. Good bulk and speed with a decent attack makes Skuntank a decent threat. Overcoat is not a great ability, but it gives M-Skuntank a few more switch-in opportunities and and makes some sense with Skuntank's tail protecting its face.
Mega Skuntank
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Analytic
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/99/90/110/116/61
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Nasty Plot

With Drapion being physical bulky, I have Mega Skuntank to be the complete opposite. Analytic helps with the medicore 110 Sp.Atk, and Nasty Plot helps too. with a 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def spread, Mega Gardevoir's Moonblast doesn't even do enough to 2HKO, and with 252+ Sp. Atk Mega Skuntank can OHKO back with Sludge Wave. Mega Skuntank is not exceptionally bulky, however, and can still die to strong enough attacks.
Mega Skuntank
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Deadly Toxins (Pokemon that are Poisoned by this pokemon lose 25% of their total HP)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/128/82/91/76/99

So using toxic, that target loses 25% of its hp upon poisoning! If Skuntank uses a move like Sludge Bomb/Poison Jab and gets the target poisoned, this ability still kicks in.
Skuntank (Skuntankite)
Type: Poison/Dark -> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Stench, Aftermath (Keen Eye) -> Unaware
New Moves: Slack Off, Nasty Plot, Gunk Shot

HP: 103 -> 103
Atk: 93 -> 133 (+30)
Def: 67 -> 102 (+35)
SpA: 71 -> 91 (+20)
SpD: 61 -> 86 (+25)
Spe: 84 -> 74 (-10)
BST: 479 -> 579

fuk u defiant
Mega Skuntank
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Artillery (Does 33% More damage with non-contact moves)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/123(+30)105(+38)/103(+22)/101(+40)/54(-30)
New Moves: Earthquake, Gunk Shot

Concept: Unlike Gastrodon, Skuntank is a fucking tank! Look at its name! It's a goddamn mobile artillery, and it has the mixed power to pull it off and durability to go with it. While it lacks awesome stat boosting moves, it can still hit hard with ability boosted moves from both physical and special, and if speed is the problem, pack Sucker Punch.

Its coverage includes Play Rough, which, oddly enough is NOT a contact move, and now earthquake as well. There's always fire blast, which even with Skarmory's max SpDef investment is a clean 2hko.

The lack of a boosting move and the lack of non-contact physical dark moves (Fling would be worthless even if it got it,) is highly problematic. The speed is also an issue and the reliance on low accuracy moves WILL bite you unless you use Hone Claws, which is less than awesome.

Now here comes the 4MSS. With STAB, Fire Blast, Play Rough and Quake competing for a slot as is, there's also gotta be room for Hone Claws, and of course, Defog. As a Defogger, Skuntank is relatively safe coming in on other Defoggers and scaring them out. Skarmory fears Fire Blast as stated before, and Lati@s... do I even have to say anything? Well, okay, I do.

252 Atk Skuntank Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 312-368 (103.3 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
if it's fleeing. I'm not sure Calc accounts for that so I put the number at 80.

Unlike proposed Artillery Gun Slug, Skuntank might need Atk investment to circumvent his better STAB's lack of launchable content.

The 4MSS means that different Pokemon will give you different troubles. A lack of Play Rough will allow Garchomp to rip you apart. A lack of Quake makes you Heatran's bitch. A Lack of Fire lets Skarmory set up rather safely.

Lacking Defog means that someone else must Defog or spin.

If you lack Dark STAB then you might be playing the wrong mon.

This is, I feel, a good way to make 4MSS an actual hindrance. Mega Skunk awaits the day that 6Move Battling comes back and comes for M4A.
Skuntank

Typing: Poison / Dark -----> Poison / Fire
Abilities: Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye -----> Fire Absorb (Fire version of Water Absorb; see Mega Entei)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 -----> 103/137/97/71/101/60
Moves: Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Slack Off

I'm getting in a Fire/Poison Mega if it's the last thing I do... Anyways, Skuntank already learns quite a few Fire moves like Flamethrower and Fire Blast; presumably it ignites its gases to expel flames. However, Skuntank is also rather physically oriented, so in order to take advantage of its Fire-typing it needs some physical Fire STABs. Flare Blitz, while strong, however, does not bode well for a Pokemon as slow as Skuntank. Slack Off helps take the edge off of the recoil damage. 103/97/101 bulk is virtually on par with the base 100 legends, so it isn't too shabby. 137 Attack also means that it will pack a punch when it hits with physical attacks. Immunity to both poison and burn ensure that Skuntank won't be taking much passive damage. However, Poison/Fire is a rather shitty defensive typing, with a double weakness and a bunch of other weaknesses. It all balances out to make Mega Skuntank an interesting choice for a Mega.
Mega Skuntank
Abilities: Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye ----->Vile*

Mega Skuntank

67/89/116/79/116/33 -----> 67/104/136/129/136/23
New Moves: Thunder, Soak, Baton Pass.

Overview:

However not the best typing it fits and isn’t worth changing. As for Drizzle...
“It can summon rain clouds. People long ago revered it as the bringer of plentiful harvests.”
“It brought rains by opening portals to another world. It was revered as a bringer of plentiful harvests.”
“In ages past, this Pokémon was revered as a bringer of rain.”
I know that without it’s stone the rain isn’t gonna last long, so I tried to boost Bronzong’s SpA stat and gave it Thunder so that it could attempt to hurt stuff with it’s rain. I also gave it a slow Baton Pass so that it could keep momentum while setting up rain for a short time and tank a hit to bring in a rain sweeper safely. In lowering it’s speed and boosting it’s attack a bit I guess Bronzong’s Gyro Ball is a lot stronger now? Lastly I figured if it’s raining heavily, shit is gonna soaked, so Soak is there mainly for flavor but if you wanna have some fun, Soak + Thunder ftw.
Mega Bronzong
Levitate/Heatproof/(Heavy Metal) -> Dimensional Warp (Auto Trick Room Ability)
67/89/116/79/116/33 -> 67/129/146/89/146/23
Moves: Volt Switch, Recover

Dimensional Warp was an ability given to Reuniclus and if there's any Pokemon that screams Trick Room as much as Reuniclus is Bronzong. So, that's why Bronzong's like that. It's different because Bronzong is more of a tank than Reuniclus is and focuses on attack rather than special attack.

Here's another instance of bringing one of my old favorite OU Pokemon back to OU by making it more Trick Room-y. It's a lot more bulky now and a lot physically stronger. Time for all of your Gyro Balls! Recover is there because it could use some recovery and so many other Pokemon get it (I can remove it later if it's deemed too strong). I gave it Volt Switch to give it momentum for switching out to another Trick Room sweeper (But be warned that it has to be able to survive one attack from the opponent since Bronzong's definitely going first)

I could have more to say but I don't have time for it.
Mega Bronzong

Steel/Psychic –> Steel

Levivtate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal(hidden) → Levitate

67/89/116/79/116/33 (500) → 67/100(+11)/150(+34)/100(+21)/150(+34)/33 (600)

+Recover

Bronzong, like many before it, seems like it should be a defensive based Pokemon by is let down by mediocre HP and no instant recovery. With huge increases to both its defenses, the Leviate ability it inherits from its regular form, the loss of its unnecessary Psychic secondary typing and a new recovery move in Recover, Bronzong becomes a much better defensive Pokemon that could wall either side. A modest increases to its offenses also allows it to hit decently hard even with no investment
Mega Bronzong

BST: 67/89/116/79/116/33 ----> 67/119/138/91/162/23
New Moves: Brick Break, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split

A straight upgrade over the normal Bronzong, Mega Bronzong possesses better defenses and an increased Atk to at least let it deal some damage in return. Will-O-Wisp helps with its lower Defense stat, and Pain Split gives Bronzong at least some form of recovery, however unreliable it might be. Brick Break is kind of there for an alternative of attacking moves.
Mega Bronzong
Typing: Steel/Psychic ----> Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal ----> Gravity Pull (Summons the effect of Gravity for 5 Turns)
BST: 67/89/116/79/116/33 ----> 67/99/136/119/136/43

With this, you can totally mess up an opponents team (make sure not to hurt yours!) Ground pokemon or EQ users will have a field day! Good bye Rotom-W :P
Bronzong (Bronzingite)
Type: Steel/Psychic -> Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof (Heavy Metal) -> Levitate
New Moves: Heal Bell, Metal Burst

Atk: 97 -> 109 (+12)
Def: 116 -> 160 (+44)
SpA: 87 -> 87
SpD: 116 -> 160 (+44)
Spe: 33 -> 33

How does this thing not get Heal Bell?
Mega Bronzong
Typing: Steel/Psychic--------->Steel/Water
Abilities: Heatproof, Levitate, Heavy Metal (Dream World)--------->Drizzle
Normal Stats: 67/89/116/79/116/33
Mega Stats: 67/109/126/109/126/63
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Thunder

Now you might think this is broken material, but rain lasts only five turns and Bronzong hates all entry hazards except Toxic Spikes. It gets hit hard by Fighting, Ground, and Electric (opposing Thunder cripples Bronzon
Mega Bronzong
Levitate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal -> Mold Breaker
Atk: 97 -> 157 (+60)
Def: 116 -> 116
SpA: 87 -> 157 (+70)
SpD: 116 -> 116
Spe: 33 -> 3 (-30)
Moves: +Psycho Boost
Mega Bronzong
67/89/116/79/116/33 -----> 67/114(+25)/156(+40)/104(+25)/156(+40)/3(-30)
New moves: Thunder, Scald, Metal Sound

Concept: As a bell of rain, there's little else that fits movewise. A pity that despite having higher ATK, this mega promotes special attacks with Thunder and the almighty Scald. Of course, they aren't aware that you will, a VERY large portion of the time, will hit very hard with Gyro Ball. Yes, with recordbreaking low speed, few mons in OU bar maybe a Shuckle will want to eat your steel balls.

Even without investment, you'll make things think twice!

0 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 332-392 (97 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (139 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 144-169 (32.4 - 38%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Keep in mind, Cress can't do much in return.

And, of course, the rain screws with fire types.
252 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong in Rain: 66-80 (19.5 - 23.6%)
compared to
252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 104-124 (30.7 - 36.6%) -- 65.3% chance to 3HKO

And between Scald and Quake, you can't keep your heat in.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong in Rain: 108-128 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91.4% chance to 3HKO

Fire types are a non-issue. Ground types do not want to get burnt and Thunder handles Bulky Waters.

0 SpA Bronzong Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 170-202 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can probably tell that the problem is 4MSS, right? If you want to run a mixed Quake/GB/Thunder/Scald set, you can, but that'll leave little room for Stealth Rocks. Sacrificing moveslots is the name of the rain dinger's game, and all of those non-issues start to become more problematic when you get rid of a little bit of coverage.
Mega Bronzong

Heatproof / Levitate / Heavy Metal ----> Trick Dimension, auto-Trick Room
67 / 89 / 116 / 79 / 116 / 33 (500) ----> 67 / 119 (+20) / 146 (+30) / 89 (+10) / 146 (+30) / 33 (600)
New Moves: Heal Bell and Recover

Mega Bronzong is, to say the least, not the easiest of walls to use. His defenses are borderline excellent, and he has enough Attack to make his Gyro Balls hurt quite a bit, and gaining great moves in Recover and Heal Bell mean he can take hits and stay healthy throughout the whole battle. But that's not all; Mega Bronzong has Trick Dimension, which is simply an auto Trick Room. This means that slow, bulky sweepers such as Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Reuniclus, Rhyperior, Azumarill, and plenty others can sweep right after Mega Bronzong enters the fray. But its ability is also a drawback that can restrict teambuilding, and this is made apparent when you realize you can't use the likes of Greninja, Deoxys-S, Latios, Talonflame, and Scolipede without hindering their amazing Speed stats. You have to use Mega Bronzong on either stall teams or teams that specialize in low Speed, restricting teambuilding. But when you do manage to build a team it can work with, Mega Bronzong will be the backbone for the entire team, and WILL take you places.
Spiritomb (Spiritite)
Type: Ghost/Dark → Ghost/Dark
Ability: Pressure (Infiltrator) → Prankster
Stats: 50/92/108/92/108/35 (485) → 50/122/133/122/133/25 (585)
New Moves: +Slack Off, +Parting Shot, +Stealth Rock

“It (Spiritomb) is also based on a Buddhist tradition performed on New Year's Eve in Japan. A bell is rung 108 times to chase away the 108 temptations in order to achieve Nirvana.” -Bulbapedia

Spiritomb, one of the coolest Pokemon aesthetically and story-wise, but it’s just lackluster competitively. Why use this over any other Ghost or Dark type, or even over it’s Prankster-abusing Ghost/Dark cousin, Sableye? Well here’s the reason: Mega Spiritomb. With a whopping 585 BST, stellar defenses, nice attack stats, and a plethora of new moves to abuse it’s new ability, Prankster, Mega Spiritomb puts Sableye in it’s grave (Pun intended).

Flavor time! Slack Off? Why Slack Off? Well, the answer is in the quote above you! Spiritomb is based on a Buddhist tradition where a bell is rung to chase away the 108 temptations, which also resemble Spiritomb. Laziness is definitely a temptation, so naturally, Spiritomb gets Slack Off. Stealth Rock is a guilty add of mine, but to be fair, it lives in a rock. Parting Shot is a verbal threat to the opponent, a Dark move indeed, and Spiritomb just looks like the kind of guy to tell you to FUDGE OFF! As for Prankster, read this quote: “It was formed by uniting 108 spirits. It has been bound to the Odd Keystone to keep it from doing any mischief.” -HG/SS Pokedex. Need I say more? It’s a mischievous little beast isn’t it?

Finally, how will this affect the metagame? Mega Spiritomb will definitely make a splash in OU, like a Sableye on steroids. Will-o-Wisping Garchomp, Mega Mawile, Bisharp, etc., Taunting Mega Venusaur and Chansey, and even being used as a pivot with Parting Shot! For the most part, Mega Spiritomb is a status master with a bite to it (Sorry Sableye), abusing it’s nice status movepool, while having the essential attacking moves (Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Shadow Sneak, etc.).

I'm very proud of my creation, please consider me for best Spiritomb! :D
Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark ----> Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator ----> Tough Claws
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 ----> 50/139/143/105/123/35
New Moves: Superpower, Stone Edge, Bulk Up

Basic idea is Spiritomb sprouts arms from the keystone and claws the heck out of everything. I would've gave it Shadow Claw, but oh well, the 3 moves limit, plus the fact that Sucker Punch pretty much already outclasses it. Superpower and Stone Edge are both coverage moves, with Bulk Up to boost Mega Spiritomb's Atk and Def. With 252+ Atk, an unboosted Shadow Sneak would OHKO Mega Gardevoir, and a +1 Stone Edge will make a dent in Azumarill. However, Mega Spiritomb doesn't really have that much power when unboosted, and it's incredibly slow as well.
Spiritomb (Spiritombite)
Type: Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure (Infiltrator) -> Infiltrator
New Moves: Recover, Thunder Wave, Focus Blast

Atk: 92 -> 115 (+23)
Def: 108 -> 135 (+27)
SpA: 92 -> 115 (+23)
SpD: 108 -> 135 (+27)
Spe: 35 -> 35

Status through subs just because.
At least someone supported me about Analytic Spiritomb, look at Snotjoch's post:

"Well, Spiritomb looks kind of intelligent and it lives in a rock thing made by humans so I guess Analytic makes sense."

Thank you so much, Analytic doesn't contradict flavor. With that being said.....

Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark -------->Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure, Infiltrator (Dream World)---------> Analytic
New Moves: Phantom Force, Giga Drain, and Flash Cannon
Normal Stats: 50/92/108/92/108/35
Mega Stats: 50/112/138/112/138/35

Prior to Generation VI, it's unique typing wields no weaknesses. Now, with a new weakness to Fairy types, Spiritomb struggles to compete in the metagame. Base 92 offenses doesn't feel enough to hit hard and base 108 Defenses can only tank very few powerful hits.

Introducing Mega Spiritomb. With stats that have better overall bulk than Dusknoir's and offenses on par with Lucario as well as Analytic, and we have a Pokemon that can actually take hits and hit hard back with dual STABs such as base 156 Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball. No other Pokemon would be able to make good use of Analytic (Magnezone cannot give up Magnet Pull to trap Steels, Starmie is too fast with base 115 Speed (it's bulk is bad even in Trick Room), and Porygon evolutionary line is struggling to make room for Analytic since Trace and Adaptability are good abilities).
Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark >>>Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator >>>Shadow Tag
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 >>> 50/112(+20)/138(+30)/112(+20)/138(+30)/35
New Moves:+Knock Off, +Ancient Power, +Haze
"Its constant mischief and misdeeds resulted in it beingbound to an Odd Keystone by a mysterious spell."

Spiritomb is one weird Pokemon. It looks more like something from Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon or some jank-ass shit, to be honest, and its design is just plain weird, resembling an angry hurricane that got itself stuck to a gumdrop while unripe banana slices orbit its face.

All is forgiven, however, once you look past the aesthetics and see how much competitive potential this thing possesses. Spiritomb is the proud owner of the elusive Ghost/Dark typing, leaving him with only one weakness -- Fairy. Spiritomb also possesses a healthy mix of offensive and defensive stats, as well as packing a fantastic blend of offensive and support moves to make proper use of them.

Unfortunately, that's where Spiritomb's blessings run out. Spiritomb bears an awful base 50 HP stat, and an even more abysmal base 35 speed. This means it cannot properly make use of moves such as Taunt, as it's too slow to stop anything from setting up at least once, and it lacks the niche in Prankster given to its cousin Sableye. Its HP is a double-edged sword, as it greatly hinders its defensive presence, making it much more susceptible to being worn down quickly, but also means that it can make excellent use of Pain Split.

Anyway, on to the Mega. Flavorwise, Prankster would be excellent, as Spiritomb is trapped in the keystone as punishment for causing all sorts of shenanigans, but this essentially turns it into a buffed Sableye, and we don't want that, do we? This led me to look to the latter part of his Dex description, which describes his punishment:Entrapment
This, of course, caused me to look no further thanShadow Tag. Now, Shadow Tag is one of the most feared abilities in the entire metagame, and for good reason. Being able to switch out is one of the most important gameplay mechanics in Pokemon, and Shadow Tag takes that away. This has deemed Wobbuffet Uber in past generations, Mega Gengar Uber in this one, and even Gothitelle is banished to BL because of it. This means that trapping abilities could make or break a Pokemon, and as such must be distributed carefully. And that's what I've done.

In my mind, few Pokemon deserve Shadow Tag more than Spiritomb. His typing beckons it, his Dex description even hints at it, and, best of all, Spiritomb has the movepool to make use of it.

This movepool consists of moves such as Taunt, Curse, Nasty Plot, Torment, Memento, Calm Mind, Toxic, and more. This means Spiritomb can either act as a setup sweeper, a stallbreaker, or a full-on stall mon itself. A whole new realm of possibilities opens up for Spiritomb, and his viability increases tenfold.

However, not all is fine and dandy for the Tomb. His speed is still abysmally slow, and he lacks reliable recovery outside of Pain Split. Unlike Mega Gengar, he's susceptible to Toxic, meaning that certain stall variants could wear him down quickly before he can wreak havok. Shadow Tag is also notorious for its ability to utterly destroy the Blobs, but with Moonblast added to Mega Blissey's arsenal, Mega Spiritomb would have to be on its toes when facing her. But you know what? That's a good thing. Maybe not for Spiritomb, but for the metagame. The last thing we need is yet another pokemon that can single-handedly demolish entire playstyles, and I can safely say with utmost certainty that Mega Spiritomb does not. Is it a fantastic pokemon? Absolutely. Is it broken beyond belief? Not in the slightest.

The stats are a straight upgrade from base Spiritomb. If he were to be made too specialized, he would teeter on the edge of brokenness. Spiritomb has always been fairly balanced, so balanced he shall stay. The movepool additions are fairly simple as well -- Spiritomb isn't exactly made of solid material, and it's always a good move for a defensive pokemon to have, so Haze has been added. Ancient Power because it is, after all, bound to a stone, but the stone is all magic n' shit, so Ancient Power made the most sense of all the Rock-type moves to give Spiritomb. Knock Off because, well, it's a good move to have and it gets STAB on it, so why not?

Might add some damage calcs later if you attempt to seduce me hard enough.
Mega Spiritomb
Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator -> Mystic Guard (User takes no damage from Fairy-type attacks)
Atk: 92 -> 122 (+30)
Def: 108 -> 133 (+25)
SpA: 92 -> 122 (+30)
SpD: 108 -> 133 (+25)
Spe: 35 -> 25 (-10)
Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator >>> Wish Maker (begins a Whish when switched in)
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 >>> 50/115(+23)/140(+32)/115(+23)/140(+32)/25(-10)
New Moves: Mirror Coat, Dazzling Gleam

Concept: Spiritomb is a genie of sorts, bound akin to a djinn to a flask. Unlike most ideal wishers, 50 HP is shit. 140 defenses is pretty good as is the mixed offenses, albeit with overlapping dual STAB.

Survival is the name of the game and a bit of team support. Granted, said support is only 157 health at max, so use carefully.
Spiritomb
Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator -> 108 Defense (Will take a maximum of 108 damage from any attack)
50/92/108/92/108/35 -> 50/108/130/108/130/59

Spiritomb is based off the concept of 108 everything, well, this Mega does it. You can see that this ability prevents this Pokemon from any damage greater than 108. It's attack and special attack got boosted to 108. It's defenses? Well, what's 108 in base 9? That's a 130. The rest is dumped into it's speed. Really stupid concept but I thought you might get a chuckle from it

Need more purugly y/y/?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)