Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, srry for sounding like a dumb*** but which pokemon do we discuss as i thought at first it was any pokemon that wasnt in OU!
When you see a post like this
Welp, because of reasons, I'm posting the results now:

HONCHKROW - Mega Mantine
Honchkrow (Honchkrowite)
Type: Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Insomnia, Super Luck (Moxie) -> Prankster
New Moves: Bulk Up, Memento

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 125 -> 135 (+10)
Def: 52 -> 72 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpD: 52 -> 72 (+20)
Spe: 71 -> 101 (+30)
BST: 505 -> 605

Murkrow gets Prankster... why shouldn't Honchkrow? Moxie is cool and all but with access to T-wave, Confuse Ray, Nasty Plot, Roost, CM Haze, Mean Look, Perish Song, Tailwind, Featherdance, and now Bulk Up... it can fill so many roles thanks to Prankster.

DRIFBLIM - Tie between zerobreaker000 and Valzy
Mega Drifblim
Typing: Ghost/Flying ----> Ghost/Flying
Abilities: Aftermath/Unburden/Flare Boost ----> Clear Sky (Cancels ongoing weather; prevents weather from starting as long as the ability wielder is on field.)
BST: 150/80/44/90/54/80 ----> 150/70/64/140/74/100
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Air Slash

Mega Drifblim is intended to be used against mostly slower weather starters and abusers. With the Clear Sky ability, opponents with abilities such as Chlorophyll, Swift Swim or Sand Force loses their use, and can greatly dent the strength of weather teams. Mega Drifblim possess decent bulk as well; allowing it to set up Nasty Plot. However, even with the bulk Mega Drifblim isn't exactly tankish, and can be taken down via powerful moves.

Mega Drifblim
Ghost/Flying -> Ghost/Flying
Aftermath/Unburden/Flare Boost -> Prankster
HP: 150 -> 150
Atk: 80 -> 80
Def: 44 -> 74 (+30)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 54 -> 84 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)
BST: 498 -> 598
Moves: +Recover

Mega Drifblim's ability Prankster makes him one of the best support Pokemon in the game. With spectacular bulk and access to an amazing movepool including Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Defog, Memento, Destiny Bond, and Disable, Mega Drifblim can wreck havoc on the opposing team. However, Drifblim does have his faults as his defensive typing is terrible, leaving him venerable to Dark, Ghost, Ice, Electric and Rock attacks, five very common attacking types

LOPUNNY - Valmanway
Mega Lopunny

Normal ----> Normal
Klutz / Cute Charm / Limber ----> Strong Legs, kick-based moves become 50% stronger
65 / 76 / 84 / 54 / 96 / 105 (480) ----> 65 / 121 (+45) / 94 (+10) / 74 (+20) / 106 (+10) / 125 (+20) (580)
New Moves: Mega Kick, High Jump Kick, and Blaze Kick

Mega Lopunny has a pretty straightforward increase of stats, but what makes her unique is her access to her new ability, Strong Legs, which makes kicking moves 50% stronger. With Mega Kick, High Jump Kick, and Blaze Kick added to compliment the new ability, on top of a blistering base 125 Speed and a not-too-shabby base 121 Attack, Mega Lopunny can easily bring the pain for offensive teams, and Fake Out can provide a free turn to Mega Evolve while also providing offensive momentum. Defensive and stall teams can still take her on, and she only has Work Up and Power-Up Punch to raise her Attack, so she generally has a disadvantage against teams that have some form of bulk.

Gastrodon - Rosenfeldius
Mega Gastrodon
Type: Water/Ground >>> Water/Ground
Abilities: Sticky Hold/Storm Drain/Sand Force >>> Regenerator
Stats: 111/83/68/92/82/39 >>> 111/103(+20)/88(+20)/132(+40)/112(+30)/29(-10)
Moves: +Hydro Pump, +Gastro Acid
Diamond Pokedex Entry - "It has a pliable body without any bones. If any part of its body is torn off, it grows right back."

When someone takes the term "bulky attacker" too far, this is the result. Don't let that innocent looking face and flappy ear-things fool you, as Mega Gastrodon can be one of the most difficult and rage-inducing pokemon to clear the field of. With stupendous 111/88/112 mixed defenses and reliable recovery to boot, without a powerful grass-type STAB, this thing is not going down easily. To add insult to injury, Mega Gastrodon can now recover 1/3 of his HP by simply switching out, increasing his longevity tenfold and even freeing up his movepool. In the past, Gastrodon suffered from a bit of 4MSS, but with Recover no longer being necessary, this relieves huge amounts of pressure from the slug. He how has the liberty of running a fully offensive set consisting of Scald/Hydro Pump, Earth Power, Ice Beam, and Sludge Wave, if you so wished, or a tank set of Scald, Earth Power, Ice Beam, and Toxic. Hell, he can even run a decent curse set, but his is more due to his increased overall bulk rather than ability. Even MIRROR COAT isn't out of the question. The point is, his coverage options are no longer limited to Recover, Toxic, and two attacks. If you don't have a powerful grass type on your side, may the bebe jeesus have mercy on your soul, as taking this guy down will be a living nightmare.

That being said, Mega Gastrodon is not without his faults. He's still walled to hell and back by Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn, and he sacrifices a water immunity for the sake of passive recovery, so RestTalk Mega Gyarados has no difficulty plowing his way through his lower Defense stat. Gastrodon also will gain quite a bit of weight upon Mega Evolving, so Mega Infernape and LO Greninja's Grass Knots are going to to a number on poor Mega Gastro. Do not fear, however -- provided you have the proper checks to Gastrodon's counters, this thing will never let you down.

Just for the love of god and all that is holy make sure you have the proper checks:

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gastrodon: 472-556 (110.7 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Against non-grass types, it's important to have the proper idea of how he functions there as well. Let's play out a scenario against one of OUs greatest offensive powerhouses, Latios:

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gastrodon: 288-340 (67.6 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Oh no, I've lost almost 3/4 of my HP, what is a slug to do?

4 SpA Mega Gastrodon Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 152-180 (50.3 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Well, that's not too bad, but I've still only got a fourth of my HP. If I stay in I'll faint. Hang on...

*aggressively switches out*

Ha HA, fuck YOU Latios! Gastrodon now has over half his health back, and Latios is stuck with being Choice locked into Draco Meteor with -2 SAtk. So do you know what this means?

FREE SWITCHES. MY FAVORITE.

You could, of course, switch into another pokemon, or send out Mega Gastrodon again and either attack or do a double switch and have almost all of your HP again, all without using Recover once. It's nice to have options, isn't it?

Just for the sake of being informed, let's see some calcs against Mega Gastrodon using his old most-popular set, Physically Defensive:

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Gastrodon: 162-192 (38 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Gastrodon: 297-351 (69.7 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (holy shit)
4 SpA Gastrodon Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 284-336 (95.3 - 112.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (fuck you Charizard)

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 217-256 (50.9 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Gastrodon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 258-306 (84.8 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 277-327 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Praise based Gastrodon. Gastrodon for Ubers. Gastrodon is love.

And this brings us up to the next bunch of submissions: Purugly, Stuntank, Bronzong, and Spiritomb. Have fun with it!
At the bottom you will se the pokemon we do that day. In this case: Purugly, Stuntank, Bronzong, and Spiritomb.
EDIT: Greninjad

Thanks Rosenfeldius + toxicroaker! Okay here I go...

Mega Bronzong
Typing: Steel/Psychic ----> Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal ----> Gravity Pull (Summons the effect of Gravity for 5 Turns)
BST: 67/89/116/79/116/33 ----> 67/99/136/119/136/43

With this, you can totally mess up an opponents team (make sure not to hurt yours!) Ground pokemon or EQ users will have a field day! Good bye Rotom-W :P

Mega Skuntank
Typing: Poison/Dark ----> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Deadly Toxins (Pokemon that are Poisoned by this pokemon lose 25% of their total HP)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/128/82/91/76/99

So using toxic, that target loses 25% of its hp upon poisoning! If Skuntank uses a move like Sludge Bomb/Poison Jab and gets the target poisoned, this ability still kicks in.

Purugly (Puruglite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Dark
Abilities: Thick Fat, Own Tempo (Defiant) -> Intimidate
New Moves: Glare, Bulk Up, Revenge

HP: 71 -> 71
Atk: 82 -> 117 (+35)
Def: 64 -> 79 (+15)
SpA: 64 -> 64
SpD: 59 -> 99 (+40)
Spe: 112 -> 122 (+10)
BST: 452 -> 552

Purugly fits as a Dark type, learning a ton of Dark type moves. According the the Pokédex: "It binds its body with its tails to make itself look bigger. If it locks eyes, it will glare ceaselessly." That explains Bulk Up and Glare which allow it to be either annoy with a fast Glare and Taunt or set up.

Skuntank (Skuntankite)
Type: Poison/Dark -> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Stench, Aftermath (Keen Eye) -> Unaware
New Moves: Slack Off, Nasty Plot, Gunk Shot

HP: 103 -> 103
Atk: 93 -> 133 (+30)
Def: 67 -> 102 (+35)
SpA: 71 -> 91 (+20)
SpD: 61 -> 86 (+25)
Spe: 84 -> 74 (-10)
BST: 479 -> 579

fuk u defiant

Bronzong (Bronzingite)
Type: Steel/Psychic -> Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof (Heavy Metal) -> Levitate
New Moves: Heal Bell, Metal Burst

HP: 67 -> 67
Atk: 97 -> 109 (+12)
Def: 116 -> 160 (+44)
SpA: 87 -> 87
SpD: 116 -> 160 (+44)
Spe: 33 -> 33
BST: 500 -> 600

How does this thing not get Heal Bell?

Spiritomb (Spiritombite)
Type: Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure (Infiltrator) -> Infiltrator
New Moves: Recover, Thunder Wave, Focus Blast

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 92 -> 115 (+23)
Def: 108 -> 135 (+27)
SpA: 92 -> 115 (+23)
SpD: 108 -> 135 (+27)
Spe: 35 -> 35
BST: 485 -> 585

Status through subs just because.

Last edited:
Mega Skuntank
Typing: Poison/Dark ----> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Stench/Aftermath/Keen Eye ----> Artillery (Does 33% More damage with non-contact moves)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 ----> 103/123(+30)105(+38)/103(+22)/101(+40)/54(-30)
New Moves: Earthquake, Gunk Shot

Concept: Unlike Gastrodon, Skuntank is a fucking tank! Look at its name! It's a goddamn mobile artillery, and it has the mixed power to pull it off and durability to go with it. While it lacks awesome stat boosting moves, it can still hit hard with ability boosted moves from both physical and special, and if speed is the problem, pack Sucker Punch.

Its coverage includes Play Rough, which, oddly enough is NOT a contact move, and now earthquake as well. There's always fire blast, which even with Skarmory's max SpDef investment is a clean 2hko.

The lack of a boosting move and the lack of non-contact physical dark moves (Fling would be worthless even if it got it,) is highly problematic. The speed is also an issue and the reliance on low accuracy moves WILL bite you unless you use Hone Claws, which is less than awesome.

Now here comes the 4MSS. With STAB, Fire Blast, Play Rough and Quake competing for a slot as is, there's also gotta be room for Hone Claws, and of course, Defog. As a Defogger, Skuntank is relatively safe coming in on other Defoggers and scaring them out. Skarmory fears Fire Blast as stated before, and Lati@s... do I even have to say anything? Well, okay, I do.

252 Atk Skuntank Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 312-368 (103.3 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
if it's fleeing. I'm not sure Calc accounts for that so I put the number at 80.

Unlike proposed Artillery Gun Slug, Skuntank might need Atk investment to circumvent his better STAB's lack of launchable content.

The 4MSS means that different Pokemon will give you different troubles. A lack of Play Rough will allow Garchomp to rip you apart. A lack of Quake makes you Heatran's bitch. A Lack of Fire lets Skarmory set up rather safely.

Lacking Defog means that someone else must Defog or spin.

If you lack Dark STAB then you might be playing the wrong mon.

This is, I feel, a good way to make 4MSS an actual hindrance. Mega Skunk awaits the day that 6Move Battling comes back and comes for M4A.

Last edited:
At least someone supported me about Analytic Spiritomb, look at Snotjoch's post:

"Well, Spiritomb looks kind of intelligent and it lives in a rock thing made by humans so I guess Analytic makes sense."

Thank you so much, Analytic doesn't contradict flavor. With that being said.....

Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark -------->Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure, Infiltrator (Dream World)---------> Analytic
New Moves: Phantom Force, Giga Drain, and Flash Cannon
Normal Stats: 50/92/108/92/108/35
Mega Stats: 50/112/138/112/138/35

Prior to Generation VI, it's unique typing wields no weaknesses. Now, with a new weakness to Fairy types, Spiritomb struggles to compete in the metagame. Base 92 offenses doesn't feel enough to hit hard and base 108 Defenses can only tank very few powerful hits.

Introducing Mega Spiritomb. With stats that have better overall bulk than Dusknoir's and offenses on par with Lucario as well as Analytic, and we have a Pokemon that can actually take hits and hit hard back with dual STABs such as base 156 Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball. No other Pokemon would be able to make good use of Analytic (Magnezone cannot give up Magnet Pull to trap Steels, Starmie is too fast with base 115 Speed (it's bulk is bad even in Trick Room), and Porygon evolutionary line is struggling to make room for Analytic since Trace and Adaptability are good abilities).

Next up....

Taking it from the Platinum Pokedex: "It brought rains by opening portals to another world"

Mega Bronzong
Typing: Steel/Psychic--------->Steel/Water
Abilities: Heatproof, Levitate, Heavy Metal (Dream World)--------->Drizzle
Normal Stats: 67/89/116/79/116/33
Mega Stats: 67/109/126/109/126/63
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Thunder

Now you might think this is broken material, but rain lasts only five turns and Bronzong hates all entry hazards except Toxic Spikes. It gets hit hard by Fighting, Ground, and Electric (opposing Thunder cripples Bronzong).

Last edited:

Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark >>> Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator >>> Shadow Tag
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 >>> 50/112(+20)/138(+30)/112(+20)/138(+30)/35
New Moves: +Knock Off, +Ancient Power, +Haze

"Its constant mischief and misdeeds resulted in it being bound to an Odd Keystone by a mysterious spell."

Spiritomb is one weird Pokemon. It looks more like something from Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon or some jank-ass shit, to be honest, and its design is just plain weird, resembling an angry hurricane that got itself stuck to a gumdrop while unripe banana slices orbit its face.

All is forgiven, however, once you look past the aesthetics and see how much competitive potential this thing possesses. Spiritomb is the proud owner of the elusive Ghost/Dark typing, leaving him with only one weakness -- Fairy. Spiritomb also possesses a healthy mix of offensive and defensive stats, as well as packing a fantastic blend of offensive and support moves to make proper use of them.

Unfortunately, that's where Spiritomb's blessings run out. Spiritomb bears an awful base 50 HP stat, and an even more abysmal base 35 speed. This means it cannot properly make use of moves such as Taunt, as it's too slow to stop anything from setting up at least once, and it lacks the niche in Prankster given to its cousin Sableye. Its HP is a double-edged sword, as it greatly hinders its defensive presence, making it much more susceptible to being worn down quickly, but also means that it can make excellent use of Pain Split.

Anyway, on to the Mega. Flavorwise, Prankster would be excellent, as Spiritomb is trapped in the keystone as punishment for causing all sorts of shenanigans, but this essentially turns it into a buffed Sableye, and we don't want that, do we? This led me to look to the latter part of his Dex description, which describes his punishment: Entrapment

This, of course, caused me to look no further than Shadow Tag. Now, Shadow Tag is one of the most feared abilities in the entire metagame, and for good reason. Being able to switch out is one of the most important gameplay mechanics in Pokemon, and Shadow Tag takes that away. This has deemed Wobbuffet Uber in past generations, Mega Gengar Uber in this one, and even Gothitelle is banished to BL because of it. This means that trapping abilities could make or break a Pokemon, and as such must be distributed carefully. And that's what I've done.

In my mind, few Pokemon deserve Shadow Tag more than Spiritomb. His typing beckons it, his Dex description even hints at it, and, best of all, Spiritomb has the movepool to make use of it.

This movepool consists of moves such as Taunt, Curse, Nasty Plot, Torment, Memento, Calm Mind, Toxic, and more. This means Spiritomb can either act as a setup sweeper, a stallbreaker, or a full-on stall mon itself. A whole new realm of possibilities opens up for Spiritomb, and his viability increases tenfold.

However, not all is fine and dandy for the Tomb. His speed is still abysmally slow, and he lacks reliable recovery outside of Pain Split. Unlike Mega Gengar, he's susceptible to Toxic, meaning that certain stall variants could wear him down quickly before he can wreak havok. Shadow Tag is also notorious for its ability to utterly destroy the Blobs, but with Moonblast added to Mega Blissey's arsenal, Mega Spiritomb would have to be on its toes when facing her. But you know what? That's a good thing. Maybe not for Spiritomb, but for the metagame. The last thing we need is yet another pokemon that can single-handedly demolish entire playstyles, and I can safely say with utmost certainty that Mega Spiritomb does not. Is it a fantastic pokemon? Absolutely. Is it broken beyond belief? Not in the slightest.

The stats are a straight upgrade from base Spiritomb. If he were to be made too specialized, he would teeter on the edge of brokenness. Spiritomb has always been fairly balanced, so balanced he shall stay. The movepool additions are fairly simple as well -- Spiritomb isn't exactly made of solid material, and it's always a good move for a defensive pokemon to have, so Haze has been added. Ancient Power because it is, after all, bound to a stone, but the stone is all magic n' shit, so Ancient Power made the most sense of all the Rock-type moves to give Spiritomb. Knock Off because, well, it's a good move to have and it gets STAB on it, so why not?

Might add some damage calcs later if you attempt to seduce me hard enough.​

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Spiritomb
Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator -> Mystic Guard (User takes no damage from Fairy-type attacks)
HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 92 -> 122 (+30)
Def: 108 -> 133 (+25)
SpA: 92 -> 122 (+30)
SpD: 108 -> 133 (+25)
Spe: 35 -> 25 (-10)
BST: 485 -> 585

Skuntank

Typing: Poison / Dark -----> Poison / Fire
Abilities: Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye -----> Fire Absorb (Fire version of Water Absorb; see Mega Entei)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 -----> 103/137/97/71/101/60
Moves: Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Slack Off

I'm getting in a Fire/Poison Mega if it's the last thing I do... Anyways, Skuntank already learns quite a few Fire moves like Flamethrower and Fire Blast; presumably it ignites its gases to expel flames. However, Skuntank is also rather physically oriented, so in order to take advantage of its Fire-typing it needs some physical Fire STABs. Flare Blitz, while strong, however, does not bode well for a Pokemon as slow as Skuntank. Slack Off helps take the edge off of the recoil damage. 103/97/101 bulk is virtually on par with the base 100 legends, so it isn't too shabby. 137 Attack also means that it will pack a punch when it hits with physical attacks. Immunity to both poison and burn ensure that Skuntank won't be taking much passive damage. However, Poison/Fire is a rather shitty defensive typing, with a double weakness and a bunch of other weaknesses. It all balances out to make Mega Skuntank an interesting choice for a Mega.

Last edited:
Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator >>> Wish Maker (begins a Whish when switched in)
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 >>> 50/115(+23)/140(+32)/115(+23)/140(+32)/25(-10)
New Moves: Mirror Coat, Dazzling Gleam

Concept: Spiritomb is a genie of sorts, bound akin to a djinn to a flask. Unlike most ideal wishers, 50 HP is shit. 140 defenses is pretty good as is the mixed offenses, albeit with overlapping dual STAB.

Survival is the name of the game and a bit of team support. Granted, said support is only 157 health at max, so use carefully.

Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark >>> Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Infiltrator >>> Shadow Tag
BST: 50/92/108/92/108/35 >>> 50/112(+20)/138(+30)/112(+20)/138(+30)/35
New Moves: +Knock Off, +Ancient Power, +Haze

"Its constant mischief and misdeeds resulted in it being bound to an Odd Keystone by a mysterious spell."

Spiritomb is one weird Pokemon. It looks more like something from Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon or some jank-ass shit, to be honest, and its design is just plain weird, resembling an angry hurricane that got itself stuck to a gumdrop while unripe banana slices orbit its face.

All is forgiven, however, once you look past the aesthetics and see how much competitive potential this thing possesses. Spiritomb is the proud owner of the elusive Ghost/Dark typing, leaving him with only one weakness -- Fairy. Spiritomb also possesses a healthy mix of offensive and defensive stats, as well as packing a fantastic blend of offensive and support moves to make proper use of them.

Unfortunately, that's where Spiritomb's blessings run out. Spiritomb bears an awful base 50 HP stat, and an even more abysmal base 35 speed. This means it cannot properly make use of moves such as Taunt, as it's too slow to stop anything from setting up at least once, and it lacks the niche in Prankster given to its cousin Sableye. Its HP is a double-edged sword, as it greatly hinders its defensive presence, making it much more susceptible to being worn down quickly, but also means that it can make excellent use of Pain Split.

Anyway, on to the Mega. Flavorwise, Prankster would be excellent, as Spiritomb is trapped in the keystone as punishment for causing all sorts of shenanigans, but this essentially turns it into a buffed Sableye, and we don't want that, do we? This led me to look to the latter part of his Dex description, which describes his punishment: Entrapment

This, of course, caused me to look no further than Shadow Tag. Now, Shadow Tag is one of the most feared abilities in the entire metagame, and for good reason. Being able to switch out is one of the most important gameplay mechanics in Pokemon, and Shadow Tag takes that away. This has deemed Wobbuffet Uber in past generations, Mega Gengar Uber in this one, and even Gothitelle is banished to BL because of it. This means that trapping abilities could make or break a Pokemon, and as such must be distributed carefully. And that's what I've done.

In my mind, few Pokemon deserve Shadow Tag more than Spiritomb. His typing beckons it, his Dex description even hints at it, and, best of all, Spiritomb has the movepool to make use of it.

This movepool consists of moves such as Taunt, Curse, Nasty Plot, Torment, Memento, Calm Mind, Toxic, and more. This means Spiritomb can either act as a setup sweeper, a stallbreaker, or a full-on stall mon itself. A whole new realm of possibilities opens up for Spiritomb, and his viability increases tenfold.

However, not all is fine and dandy for the Tomb. His speed is still abysmally slow, and he lacks reliable recovery outside of Pain Split. Unlike Mega Gengar, he's susceptible to Toxic, meaning that certain stall variants could wear him down quickly before he can wreak havok. Shadow Tag is also notorious for its ability to utterly destroy the Blobs, but with Moonblast added to Mega Blissey's arsenal, Mega Spiritomb would have to be on its toes when facing her. But you know what? That's a good thing. Maybe not for Spiritomb, but for the metagame. The last thing we need is yet another pokemon that can single-handedly demolish entire playstyles, and I can safely say with utmost certainty that Mega Spiritomb does not. Is it a fantastic pokemon? Absolutely. Is it broken beyond belief? Not in the slightest.

The stats are a straight upgrade from base Spiritomb. If he were to be made too specialized, he would teeter on the edge of brokenness. Spiritomb has always been fairly balanced, so balanced he shall stay. The movepool additions are fairly simple as well -- Spiritomb isn't exactly made of solid material, and it's always a good move for a defensive pokemon to have, so Haze has been added. Ancient Power because it is, after all, bound to a stone, but the stone is all magic n' shit, so Ancient Power made the most sense of all the Rock-type moves to give Spiritomb. Knock Off because, well, it's a good move to have and it gets STAB on it, so why not?

Might add some damage calcs later if you attempt to seduce me hard enough.​
That's actually a very good analysis with flavor, I couldn't done it better than that.

About Mega Spiritomb's defensive capabilities, I think that this Pokemon should watch out from certain Pokemon in fear of OHKO. Here's an example:

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP/252 SpD Mega Spiritomb: 318-374 (104.6%-123%) Guaranteed OHKO.

That's only one example at the moment. Again, great analysis.

I have a terrible idea for Spiritomb, but look at it anyways!

Spiritomb
Ghost/Dark -> Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator -> 108 Defense (Will take a maximum of 108 damage from any attack)
50/92/108/92/108/35 -> 50/108/130/108/130/59

Spiritomb is based off the concept of 108 everything, well, this Mega does it. You can see that this ability prevents this Pokemon from any damage greater than 108. It's attack and special attack got boosted to 108. It's defenses? Well, what's 108 in base 9? That's a 130. The rest is dumped into it's speed. Really stupid concept but I thought you might get a chuckle from it

Skuntank

Typing: Poison / Dark -----> Poison / Fire
Abilities: Stench / Aftermath / Keen Eye -----> Fire Absorb (Fire version of Water Absorb; see Mega Entei)
BST: 103/93/67/71/61/84 -----> 103/137/97/71/101/60
Moves: Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Slack Off

I'm getting in a Fire/Poison Mega if it's the last thing I do... Anyways, Skuntank already learns quite a few Fire moves like Flamethrower and Fire Blast; presumably it ignites its gases to expel flames. However, Skuntank is also rather physically oriented, so in order to take advantage of its Fire-typing it needs some physical Fire STABs. Flare Blitz, while strong, however, does not bode well for a Pokemon as slow as Skuntank. Slack Off helps take the edge off of the recoil damage. 103/97/101 bulk is virtually on par with the base 100 legends, so it isn't too shabby. 137 Attack also means that it will pack a punch when it hits with physical attacks. Immunity to both poison and burn ensure that Skuntank won't be taking much passive damage. However, Poison/Fire is a rather shitty defensive typing, with two double weaknesses. It all balances out to make Mega Skuntank an interesting choice for a Mega.
What is the second double weakness? The first that comes to mind is ground... but poison and fire share no other weakness.

At least someone supported me about Analytic Spiritomb, look at Snotjoch's post:

"Well, Spiritomb looks kind of intelligent and it lives in a rock thing made by humans so I guess Analytic makes sense."

Thank you so much, Analytic doesn't contradict flavor. With that being said.....

Mega Spiritomb
Typing: Ghost/Dark -------->Ghost/Dark
Abilities: Pressure, Infiltrator (Dream World)---------> Analytic
New Moves: Phantom Force, Shadow Drain (a ghost typed Giga Drain)
Normal Stats: 50/92/108/92/108/35
Mega Stats: 50/112/138/112/138/35

Prior to Generation VI, it's unique typing wields no weaknesses. Now, with a new weakness to Fairy types, Spiritomb struggles to compete in the metagame. Base 92 offenses doesn't feel enough to hit hard and base 108 Defenses can only tank very few powerful hits.

Introducing Mega Spiritomb. With stats that have better overall bulk than Dusknoir's and offenses on par with Lucario as well as Analytic, and we have a Pokemon that can actually take hits and hit hard back with dual STABs such as Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball. Analytic gives Mega Spiritomb 30% more power to fire off its attacks.

Next up....

Taking it from the Platinum Pokedex: "It brought rains by opening portals to another world"

Mega Bronzong
Typing: Steel/Psychic--------->Steel/Water
Abilities: Heatproof, Levitate, Heavy Metal (Dream World)--------->Drizzle
Normal Stats: 67/97/116/87/116/33
Mega Stats: 67/117/126/117/126/63
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Thunder

Now you might think this is broken material, but rain lasts only five turns and Bronzong hates all entry hazards except Toxic Spikes. It gets hit hard by Fighting, Ground, and Electric (opposing Thunder cripples Bronzong).
I don't think we are allowed to make custom moves as no other megas to date receive one.

Mega Bronzong
Steel / Psychic -----> Steel / Psychic
Levitate / Heatproof / Heavy Metal -----> Drizzle
67/89/116/79/116/33 -----> 67/114(+25)/156(+40)/104(+25)/156(+40)/3(-30)
New moves: Thunder, Scald, Metal Sound

Concept: As a bell of rain, there's little else that fits movewise. A pity that despite having higher ATK, this mega promotes special attacks with Thunder and the almighty Scald. Of course, they aren't aware that you will, a VERY large portion of the time, will hit very hard with Gyro Ball. Yes, with recordbreaking low speed, few mons in OU bar maybe a Shuckle will want to eat your steel balls.

Even without investment, you'll make things think twice!

0 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 332-392 (97 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (139 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 144-169 (32.4 - 38%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Keep in mind, Cress can't do much in return.

And, of course, the rain screws with fire types.
252 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong in Rain: 66-80 (19.5 - 23.6%)
compared to
252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 104-124 (30.7 - 36.6%) -- 65.3% chance to 3HKO

And between Scald and Quake, you can't keep your heat in.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong in Rain: 108-128 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91.4% chance to 3HKO

Fire types are a non-issue. Ground types do not want to get burnt and Thunder handles Bulky Waters.

0 SpA Bronzong Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 170-202 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can probably tell that the problem is 4MSS, right? If you want to run a mixed Quake/GB/Thunder/Scald set, you can, but that'll leave little room for Stealth Rocks. Sacrificing moveslots is the name of the rain dinger's game, and all of those non-issues start to become more problematic when you get rid of a little bit of coverage.

I have a terrible idea for Spiritomb, but look at it anyways!

Spiritomb is based off the concept of 108 everything, well, this Mega does it. You can see that this ability prevents this Pokemon from any damage greater than 108. It's attack and special attack got boosted to 108. It's defenses? Well, what's 108 in base 9? That's a 130. The rest is dumped into it's speed. Really stupid concept but I thought you might get a chuckle from it
A maximum of 108 damage even critical hits? That's a great ability, but I just wished Spiritomb had more than 304 HP; it would've avoided the 3HKO if it's HP is over 325 (not accounting for status such as poison or leech seed, etc.)

A maximum of 108 damage even critical hits? That's a great ability, but I just wished Spiritomb had more than 304 HP; it would've avoided the 3HKO if it's HP is over 325 (not accounting for status such as poison or leech seed, etc.)
Yeah it sucks. Do any Mold Breakers have Play Rough? If so, this Megatomb is countered by that instantly.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Bronzong

Psychic / Steel ----> Psychic / Steel
Heatproof / Levitate / Heavy Metal ----> Trick Dimension, auto-Trick Room
67 / 89 / 116 / 79 / 116 / 33 (500) ----> 67 / 119 (+20) / 146 (+30) / 89 (+10) / 146 (+30) / 33 (600)
New Moves: Heal Bell and Recover

Mega Bronzong is, to say the least, not the easiest of walls to use. His defenses are borderline excellent, and he has enough Attack to make his Gyro Balls hurt quite a bit, and gaining great moves in Recover and Heal Bell mean he can take hits and stay healthy throughout the whole battle. But that's not all; Mega Bronzong has Trick Dimension, which is simply an auto Trick Room. This means that slow, bulky sweepers such as Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Reuniclus, Rhyperior, Azumarill, and plenty others can sweep right after Mega Bronzong enters the fray. But its ability is also a drawback that can restrict teambuilding, and this is made apparent when you realize you can't use the likes of Greninja, Deoxys-S, Latios, Talonflame, and Scolipede without hindering their amazing Speed stats. You have to use Mega Bronzong on either stall teams or teams that specialize in low Speed, restricting teambuilding. But when you do manage to build a team it can work with, Mega Bronzong will be the backbone for the entire team, and WILL take you places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)