Pet Mod Megamax (Quick Update @ Post #432)

What should the format for Megamax be?

• Stay National Dex

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Regional Dex OU with all Megas of available Pokemon being around

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Regional Dex OU with only converted Gigantamaxes existing

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sad that there is not alot of submissions. Anyways, here are my votes:

Appletun: shamalamadingdong, RottenInfernape
Centiskorch: shamalamadingdong, RottenInfernape, Hematite
Alcremie: Hematite, shamalamadingdong, RottenInfernape

Oh, nice! Okay, let me know if I've done anything wrong with this or if this is a valid vote, haha.

Alcremie: RottenInfernape, Hematite, shamalamadingdong
Centiskorch: shamalamadingdong, Hematite, RottenInfernape
Appletun: shamalamadingdong, RottenInfernape

Alcremie: RottenInfernape, shamalamadingdong, Hematite
Centiskorch: Hematite, shamalamadingdong, RottenInfernape
Appletun: RottenInfernape, shamalamadingdong

totally not shilling for myself XD

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
View attachment 225927

Pokemon Name: Centiskorch
Mega Stone Name: Centiskorchite
Stats: 100 / 140 (+25) / 70 (+5) / 120 (+30) / 110 (+20) / 85 (+20)
Type: Fire/Bug
Ability: Mold Breaker
New Moves: Magma Storm, Earthquake
Competitive Description: For Centiskorch, I wanted to keep with the theme of the original G-Max move (G-Max Centiferno) and give it a niche that none of the other official Megas or ones in this thread fulfilled. This was the result; a hard-hitting, bulky menace with the ability to trap prominent defensive Pokemon like Heatran, Corviknight, Toxapex, etc. and KO them with its STABs or coverage options (Knock Off, Power Whip, its shiny new Earthquake, etc.). With Mold Breaker, Heatran's Flash Fire is null and void allowing it to be ironically trapped by its own signature move and KO'ed with Earthquake. The fun doesn't stop there though, a lot of defensive pokemon in NatDex OU don't like their abilities nullified. Examples include, Mega Venusaur, Mimikyu, Mega Aggron, Levitate users, Unaware mons and Magic Bouncers if you decide on running WoW and/or Coil. To keep this guy from steamrolling any and all defensive checks, I intentionally kept it just fast enough to outspeed offensive Heatran, Mega Mawile, Magearna, and others, but not faster than offensive checks such as Garchomp, Mega Medicham, Excadrill, etc. I also made sure it was weak to strong priority such as Aqua Jet, ESpeed, and Sucker Punch.
:ss/alcremie-gmax:
Pokemon Name: Alcremie
Mega Stone Name: Alcremite
Stats: 65 / 60 / 95 (+20) / 130 (+20) / 151 (+30) / 94 (+30)
Type: View attachment 225904 / View attachment 225905
Ability: Thick Fat
New Moves: Ice Beam, Stockpile, Moonblast
Competitive Description: A fast bulky special attacker! Alcremie has a very unique typing in Fairy/Ice and also improves its matchup against types such as Dragons. It's high special bulk, Stockpile and Thick Fat all make Alcremie difficult to face as well.Moonblast is the icing on the cake (pun intended) and is a stronger STAB move. Other than its special bulk, its physical bulk is average, but when used with Stockpile, it can be very good. Alcremie also has a good 94 Speed, which can also outspeed certain Pokemon and allow for it to get up Stockpile easier. Alcremie also has Recover, which will help it survive throughout the battle. Alcremie can also get rid of status for itself and its teammates with Aromatherapy, making it a great support Pokemon. With it's high special attack, speed, special defense, Stockpile and Recover, Alcremie is a unique bulky special attacker that can be very hard to face. Cons? Its Fairy/Ice typing adds alot of weaknesses, especially a 4x weakness to Steel. Without Stockpile, Alcremie might also have to be wary of getting hit by strong physical attacks.
I will break the tie for Appletun between shamalamadingdong and RottenInfernape...

View attachment 225933
Pokemon Name: Appletun
Mega Stone Name: Appletunite
Stats: 100 / 85 / 120 (+40) / 120 (+20) / 120 (+40) / 30
Type: Grass/Dragon
Ability: Regenerator
New Moves: Flamethrower, Earth Power, Leaf Storm
Competitive Description: Mega Appletun is meant to be a bulky pivot (think Tangrowth) that forces out most of the water types in OU. Losing Thick Fat hurts, however, Regenerator allows Mega Appletun to pivot back and forth with relative ease. As for the new moves, I gave it Flamethrower and Earth Power because base Appletun is next to useless against pretty much any steel type (Alolan Eggy has Flamethrower so why not?) and Leaf Storm gives Mega Appletun a more powerful grass move to bully anything weak or neutral to grass. Appletun is a very one dimensional Pokemon, I tried giving the Mega variant another niche other than Def/SpDef wall, hence the move and ability selection. As for the stats, base Appletun is already bulky with 100/80/80 defenses, however, this doesn't cut it in a competitive environment like OU or even UU for that matter, so I had to improve its bulk even more to be able to take more abuse and Recover it off or switch around with Regenerator. It was also given a small SpAtk raise to make it more useful against steels, fairies, etc. as well as using Apple Acid to further increase the damage taken from its new coverage options in Flamethrower and Earth Power.

Appletun
shamalamadingdong 13
RottenInfernape 10

Centiskorch
shamalamadingdong 11
Hematite 8
RottenInfernape 5

Alcremie
RottenInfernape 10
shamalamadingdong 8
Hematite 6

Slate #8: Garden of Eden
Snorlax Sprite
Flapple Sprite
Sandaconda Sprite

yes it's flapple grrr why did they give them same design

Maximum of 3 new moves for all three.

Getting the obvious one out of the way...
Pokémon Name: Snorlax
Mega Stone Name: Snorlaxite
Stats: 160 HP / 110 Attack / 110 Defense (+45) / 120 Special Attack (+55) / 110 Special Defense / 30 Speed
Type: Normal/Grass
Ability: Grassy Surge
New Moves: Giga Drain
Competitive Description:
... okay, labeling this "Mega Krilowatt" was a joke, of course, but the idea is that this is a "utility counter" in the same way as CAP creation Krilowatt. With its surprisingly wide array of coverage options and its balanced stats, Mega Snorlax can be customized to take care of almost any specific weakness of your team (save for various consistent weaknesses of its own), but it can't accomplish all of it at once.
As a Generation I Normal-type, Snorlax has a downright ridiculous special movepool - it just never had the Special Attack stat to capitalize on it. This Pokémon already learns Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Focus Blast and Solar Beam, and I bet you've never seen it use any of them!
Grassy Surge is to compensate for the loss of Leftovers, which is pretty crucial to making this a viable direction for Snorlax at all (and it's... also very obviously flavor-relevant). Meanwhile, it now has the stats it needs to be as flexible as possible.
In terms of sheer capacity to sponge hits and deal damage, this is otherwise winning pretty much any raw "damage race" you want it to win. If you're threatened by a major special attacker, you can give Snorlax a coverage move for its weakness (trust me. you can.) and invest just enough in its HP, its Special Defense and the attacking stat of your choice to guarantee that you take fewer hits to defeat it than it does to defeat you. That said, this is a Pokémon of choices and potential, not omnipotence - you have five stats to juggle for EVs and four moveslots to fit your choice of way more than four coverage moves, so you have to decide which threats you want it to neutralize and tailor its set accordingly.
It's still very reasonable to counter it, however, as it hates strong attacks from many Pokémon no matter how much you invest in is bulk. For what it's worth, making it Normal/Grass is almost more of a much-needed nerf than it is a buff - even with Grassy Surge taken into account, Snorlax is hurt much more by its five new weaknesses than it benefits from its new STAB, and even with its wide coverage, it does lose in sheer power to many opponents (I noticed that strong Fire-types in particular tended to give it trouble no matter how much it invested). Its many "consistent" weaknesses ensure that your opponents will always have at least some reliable way to stop it, keeping it from creating any guessing games, but if the rest of your team is suitably well balanced, Snorlax is a valuable asset to counter whatever otherwise gives you the most trouble.

Pokemon Name: Sandaconda
Mega Stone Name: Sandaconite
Stats: 72 / 145 (+38) / 145 (+20) / 85 (+20) / 70 / 93 (+22)
Typing:

Ability:
Aerilate
New Moves: Body Slam, Flamethrower, Shore Up.
Competitive Description: Lando-T 2.0: Electric Boogaloo.

Pokemon Name: Snorlax
Stats: 160 / 145 (+35) / 94 (+29) / 95 (+30) / 145 (+35) / 1 (-29)
Typing:

Ability:
Comatose
New Moves: Wood Hammer, Energy Ball, Calm Mind.
Competitive Description: Stay there and don't die.​

:ss/snorlax-gmax:
Mega Stone Name: Snorlaxnite
Stats: 160 / 130 (+20) / 125 (+60) / 65 / 130 (+20) / 30
Types:
Normal.png
/
Grass.png

Ability: Natural Cure
New Moves: Wood Hammer, Play Rough, Mirror Coat
Competitive Description: A very bulky and strong physical attacker! Snorlax can be one of the most threatening Pokemon due to its high bulk and attack stats paired with Curse, amazing coverage moves and access to get rid of status such as Toxic and Paralysis with Natural Cure. Wood Hammer is a stronger STAB move that deals massive damage, but however has recoil so if Snorlax is running Wood Hammer, it is necessary to run Rest, as that is Snorlax's best recovery move. Play Rough is used to fit Snorlax's tree and grass design, which represents nature and beauty, and is also a strong coverage move. Finally, Mirror Coat can be used with it's high special bulk to revenge kill special attackers. Snorlax can clean many teams when given the chance. Cons? Snorlax has a bunch of weaknesses that can keep it busy while battling, and is slow. However, Trick Room can be used to make Snorlax faster, and due to Snorlax's great bulk, it can take a few hits from its weaknesses depending on the Pokemon.

:ss/flapple-gmax:
Pokemon Name: Flapple
Mega Stone Name: Flapplenite
Stats: 70 / 140 (+30) / 80 / 115 (+20) / 95 / 60 / 120 (+50)
Type:
Grass.png
/
Water.png

Ability: Water Absorb
New Moves: Liquidation, Crunch, Earthquake
Competitive Description: Flapple is the exact opposite of its brother, Appletun! Instead of being a bulky special attacker, Appletun is a powerful Dragon Dance sweeper with it's great Attack, Speed, has gained new access to a Grass/Water typing and is now more frail. Flapple has also gained a new ability in Water Absorb, which means it has a new immunity to Water type moves and can switch in on them at any moment and start sweeping with Dragon Dance. Liquidation is a strong STAB move used to hit many opponents. Crunch fits with it's big jaw eating many things and is a coverage option. Earthquake is a strong coverage option used to hit types such as Steel. Cons? Of course, Flapple is frail, so it has to be careful when switching in and out and has a few weaknesses to be careful of.
:ss/sandaconda-gmax:
Mega Stone Name: Sandacondanite
Stats: 72 / 57 (-50) / 125 / 135 (+70) / 125 (+55) / 96 (+25)
Types:
Ground.png
/
Dark.png

Ability: Prankster
New Moves: Dark Pulse, Taunt, Recover
Competitive Description: Sandaconda is a bulky and strong support Pokemon! Sandaconda has also gained a new typing in Ground/Dark and most notably the ability Prankster, which allows it to outspeed almost any opponent and use moves such as Glare, Stealth Rock, Coil, Taunt, Recover, etc. Sandaconda can either support its team with either paralyzing Pokemon, setting up Stealth Rock, being a late-game cleaner with Coil, a stallbreaker with Taunt and can use Recover to repeadetely heal itself. Cons? Sandaconda's special movepool is extremely limited, as it's only notable moves are Earth Power and Dark Pulse, and still has a few weaknesses to be careful of.

:ss/snorlax-gmax:
Stats: 160 / 120 (+10) / 105 (+40) / 75 (+10) / 150 (+40)/30
Types: Normal/Grass
Ability: Grassy Surge
New Moves: Grav Apple, Synthesis
Competitive Description: Snorlax's claim to fame has always been its longevity, and since it can't hold an item for Harvest spam to emulate G-Max Replenish, Grassy Surge will have to do. Its new tools cement this role, giving it immense bulk for Cursing up and a move that will chip away at the foe's Defense in case that's not enough.

:ss/flapple-gmax:
Mega Stone Name: Flapplenite
Stats: 70 / 110 / 120 (+40) / 115 (+20) / 100 (+40) / 70
Type: Grass/Dragon
Ability: Regenerator
New Moves: Flamethrower, Earth Power, Leaf Storm
Competitive Description: Since it looks the same as Mega/max Appletun, I wanted to see what would happen if it got the same tools. The answer is that it turns into a much bulkier setup sweeper. Fortunately, bulk is the main problem Flapple has as a DDancer in OU, and it becomes the bulkiest one by a pretty significant margin. It's better than an offensive boon since it already sorely misses Life Orb's power, and Hustle has big accuracy problems that Mega Evolution can't fix.

:ss/sandaconda-gmax:
Mega Stone Name: Sandacondite
Stats: 72 / 127 (+20) / 125 / 95 (+30) / 100 (+30) / 91 (+20)
Types: Ground
Ability: Sand Rush
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Dragon Pulse
Competitive Description: Set up your own sand with Sand Spit, then Mega Evolve and profit! The new moves are because its nose totally looks like the barrel of a gun now. Also, firestorms are a thing and they're very scary.

Mega Stone Name: Flappnite
Stats: 70 / 140 (+30) / 95 (+15) / 95 / 90 (+20) / 105 (+35)
Type: Grass / Dragon
Ability: Tinted Lens
New Moves: Earthquake
Competitive Description: a pretty lazy submission this time... but its what flapple does best. No hustle means it gets a biggest stat boost than I'd like though

Snorlax: En Passant, RottenInfernape, Hematite
Flapple: En Passant, RottenInfernape, Tmi489
Sandaconda: Gojiritar, En Passant, RottenInfernape

Ack, I almost missed my chance to vote on this!

Snorlax: RottenInfernape, Hematite, Gojiratar

Flapple: EnPassant, Tmi489, RottenInfernape

Sandaconda: RottenInfernape (this sounds like so much fun to use holy heck), EnPassant, Gojiratar

Alright, you want more votes? You got the votes.
Sandaconda: Gojiratar, En Passant
Snorlax: Hematite, RottenInfernape, Gojiratar
Flapple: Tmi489, RottenInfernape, En Passant

Snorlax: RottenInfernape, Gojiratar, En Passant
Sandaconda: Gojiratar, En Passant, RottenInfernape
Flapple: Tmi489, RottenInfernape, En Passant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)