ORAS Ubers mega sableye uber bulk team

this team revolves around defense and aims to check the meta defensively.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Shadow Sneak
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

sableyes role on the team is pretty obvious. its stops hazard/status spam cold 95% of the time from things like deoxys, ferrothorn, landorus-t, klefki, skarmory etc.
serves as a good check to mega mewtwo x, tyranitar and deoxys-attack due to the psycho boost immunity.
antileads deoxys speed, even skill swap variants since knock off+shadow sneak KOs it.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

resttalk rhyperior helps to check things like zekrom, mega salamence, rayquaza and ho oh.
dealing with salamence is a bit harder with no ice move coupled with stone edges accuracy, but not being useless after ho oh burns with sacred fire is really nice. it walls mega tyranitar completely.
rhyperior is also capable of soft checking EQ support primal groudon.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Earth Power

giratina plays a supporting role on this team. sableye doesnt do much to stop primal groudon, so giratina fulfills that role. defog is to clear hazards, toxic is to wear groudon down or any mon that switches in. earth power hits primal groudon for heavy damage.
giratina easily checks things like kangaskhan and mega lucario if mega sableye and yveltal for some reason, isnt enough. its also my primary switch in to blaziken.

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
yveltal is a general mixed wall that checks a lot of mons really nicely due to its typing and ability. dark aura boosted foul play deals with mons like E-killer, arceus ghost, mega salamence, kangaskhan, excadrill, offensive primal groudon and mega mewtwo y.
AV boosts yveltals special defense which allows it to do things like 1v1 kyogre and KO certain variants with foul play+sucker punch and withstand draco meteors from the latis and KO them with dark STAB. slowbro is KOd by dark pulse. gengar is KOd by any dark STAB
oblivion wing checks things like mega lopunny shaymin and mega mewtwo x. checks darkrai once sleep clause is active.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Aegislash keeps this team from getting shut down by xerneas. a sassy nature with 0 speed ivs maximizes gyro balls power. toxic nails switch ins like primal groudon. shadow sneak is priority since the team is slow.
checks both latis easily, tanking anything they have while chunking them both with gyro ball and toxic.
aegislash is also my main switch in to diancie, pretty much the only mon that can semi-consistently force this team to play with hazards up since sableye cant safely switch in and giratina doesnt safely switch in to defog. gyro ball+shadow sneak KOs gengar.

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Knot
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

amoonguss's primary role here is to check primal kyogre. it also serves as a secondary check to xerneas if it doesnt carry a psychic move. clear smog removes any boosts that the above two accumulate. grass knot does heavy damage to kyogre.
does a good job at checking darkrai if sleep clause is active since it cant set up nasty plots due to clear smog and sludge bomb does heavy damage with a chance to poison.

threatlist:

darkrai-can destroy my team if it puts the right mon to sleep and starts setting up.

mega diancie-can 2HKO everything on my team if aegislash dies and it can reliably set up hazards against my team most of the time.

refresh, dragon dance, roost mega salamence-if yveltal dies, this specific variant gives even rhyperior trouble since it doesnt have avalanche.

replays:
amoonguss consistently stops kyogre here due to regenerator and sableye stops landorus-t and ferrothorn from doing anything at all during the entire match.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-303543273

amoonguss checks kyogre throughout the entire match and sableye stops hazards completely. dd mega mence with refresh and roost is trouble though.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-303523544

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi RandomBro, I think the reason why nobody has responded yet is because fixing up some issues with this build without trashing lots of Pokemon is difficult. I spent a good while restructuring this the best I could, so I'll post my findings here.

My immediate concerns in regards to structure were lack of an Arceus, AV Yveltal, Giratina-O on stall, and use of Amoonguss and Rhyperior. Assault Vest Yveltal is a pretty awful set and using Giratina-O (a Pokemon that can't afford to run recovery) on a stall team as its defogger is also not the best idea. Amoonguss and Rhyperior are techs that have been used in gen 6 Ubers before, but they're pretty bad mons and difficult to ever justify. Aegislash can be an interesting Pokemon to run on stall, but its niche is the fact that it can Pursuit and also check Xern well, so the first change should be running Pursuit over Shadow Sneak. I would also consider running Iron Head over Gyro Ball so that you have a method of breaking defensive Xerneas sets, slower Pokemon in general, and are much better off in a PP war. The cost of doing this is that you'll be dealing about 25% less to boosted Geomancy Xerneas, although you're a good check nonetheless (sub variants are dangerous either way).

Because Mega Sableye already covers Extreme Killer Arceus, you don't need that particular defensive utility from either Yveltal or Giratina-O. Mega Sableye should be running Fake Out over Shadow Sneak and Foul Play over Knock Off. Yveltal should be replaced for an Arceus forme, and Arceus-Water fits the best. The set that you should run is 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe / Bold with Toxic / Recover / Ice Beam / Judgment. This gives you a primary response to Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, and Rayquaza, while also providing supplemental checks to SD Arceus, Ho-Oh, and Primal Kyogre. This also gives you a much-needed way to threaten opposing Mega Sableye. I considered running Timid instead of Bold, but after some calculations the loss of bulk was too much.

From here Giratina-O should be replaced with Latias as it has reliable recovery and retains a Defogger, Ground immunity, and check to Primals. The set I made for this team is 248 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 144 Spe / Timid with Defog / Recover / Grass Knot / Draco Meteor. The 80 SpA EVs are so you can 2HKO defensive Primal Kyogre with Grass Knot, the Speed beats base 90s, 95s, 252 110s, and unboosted standard Mega Salamence. I tried building this team without Latias but the team just ends up far too weak to defensive Primal Kyogre otherwise and / or experiences other issues with nicely fitting Defog.

I managed to retain Rhyperior for this build, serving as the primary Ho-Oh check, secondary check to other birds, and check to some other arbitrary offensive threats such as Zekrom. The team needs a Stealth Rock setter so I'd run that over Sleep Talk. After looking at some calculations I decided not to change the spread at all. The last change to make is to replace Amoongus with a secondary Xerneas and Primal Kyogre check that is better at those roles and offers additional utility. For this I chose Blissey because it serves as a cleric and also adds a much-needed Darkrai check (Amoonguss is an awful check). The set you should run is 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / Calm / Leftovers with Aromatherapy / Soft-Boiled / Toxic / Ice Beam. Aromatherapy allows you to remove status from Arceus-Water and Sleep from a resting Rhyperior. I wanted to be able to fit a defensive Xerneas as it helps with counter play against certain threats (Mega Sableye) or possibly a Calm Mind Xerneas as a win con, but I went with Blissey.

Summary:
- Run Pursuit over Shadow Sneak on Aegislash and consider Iron Head over Gyro Ball
- Run Foul Play and Fake Out over Knock Off and Shadow Sneak on Mega Sableye
- Run Stealth Rock over Sleep Talk on Rhyperior
- Change Yveltal to Arceus-Water with 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe / Bold and Toxic / Recover / Ice Beam / Judgment
- Change Giratina-O to Latias with 248 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 144 Spe / Timid and Defog / Recover / Grass Knot / Draco Meteor
- Change Amoonguss to Blissey with 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / Calm / Leftovers and Aromatherapy / Soft-Boiled / Toxic / Ice Beam
- Consider CM Xerneas instead of Blissey

Major focuses were getting the final build much more solid against common offensive threats while also adding ways to beat opposing defensive builds. I managed to keep half of the team as it was which was challenging. Substitute Geomancy Xerneas and SD Mega Lucario are dangerous threats so beware. It was pretty much impossible to fit a true stallbreaker onto your team but counterplay options against balance and stall teams are there (want to be better though). Calm Mind Xerneas over Blissey somewhat fixes this issue, although you'll lose Aromatherapy and some security against Sludge Bomb Darkrai. Good luck with the team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)