ORAS OU Mega Pinsir yo

I haven't played OU in a while and I decided to try to jump back in this weekend. I quickly threw together a team built around Mega Pinsir because that's my favorite mega. I've made several changes to this team as I've been attempting to climb the ladder. Let me know what you guys think.

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Weavile is there for pure power output. Great attack and great speed plus priority. Weavile takes care of most flying types for me and low kick is a nice surprise, especially against mega Scizors. Knock if one of the best moves in the game while ice shard is there for priority and icicle crash is the strongest STAB move that Weavile can get. Pretty standard set.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

I hate Chansey so much that I had to use one. Ever since I started using Chansey, I've loved every minute of it. Toxic stall is so annoying yet so effective. Soft-boiled is a great way for recovery (obviously). Seismic toss is a nice move as I can use it if I'm predicting a taunt or if I need some damage output. And Heal Bell is a great utility move. I can pretty much switch Chansey in on any special attack and almost every physical attack if I need to.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Kind of a different Mew here. I've never used a Mew before simply because I don't really know how to use it...and I still don't! Mew is typically my safe lead. Rocks are there simply because I love getting entry hazards set up. Soft-boiled because why not. Will-o-wisp checks any physical attacker. And of course knock off simply because it's arguably the best move in the game (well behind scald). Mew and Chansey are my two walls.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Tail glow is simply too much to pass on. Manaphy is growing as one of my favorite Pokemon to use. Tail glow has got to be the best set up move out there. I love it. Scald is the best move in the game. Ice beam is there for solid damage output while energy ball allows me to take out any water or ground types.

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

And here's my sweeper. Sure you might say that I need to have some sort of spinner one my team but the thing is, when I bring in my Pinsir to mega evolve, I simply set up a swords dance and play. I'm there to get off as much damage as possible. Return and quick attack are great with the aerilate boost. I love me some quick attack for priority. And close combat is there if I have something that checks flying type attacks or what not.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Kicking it old school right here. Here's my answer to Ferrorthorn, fire types, grass types, flying types, and steel types. I need a counter against Ferro, so adding Heatran was a no brainer. I also love having it scarfed. It catches A LOT of people off guard. In addition, I love using stone edge on the predicted switch into Charizard or Talonflame.

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sup Swampblast, nice Mega-Pinsir team you've made here, I think some improvements could be made though. Your team seems like its very offensively based but you have a Chansey and Mew there, so I'm going to try to offer suggestions that can take advantage of your team's offensive presence. First I would replace Chansey with Garchomp, this gives you a good rocker that fits on offense and an amazing way to wear down your opponent's team, this checks tons of physical attackers, gives you an electric immunity and allows you to shuffle your opponent's team around via dragon tail.

Next I would replace Mew with Latios, this gives you a defogger, keeps the psychic typing, gives you ground immunity, and an overall amazing mon.

Lastly I would go with Fire Blast instead of Overheat, while the damage on Overheat is really appealing Fire Blast can allow your Heatran to clean up late game or just attack without having to switch out the next turn. Those are all the suggestions I have, hope they help.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast / Endure / Toxic

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

tl;dr
<

<

Overheat < Fire Blast

Last edited:
scald Wow! Thank you so much. I love your suggestions and I will implement those right now. By losing Chansey and Mew, I'm now losing two of my walls. Thoughts?

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
scald Wow! Thank you so much. I love your suggestions and I will implement those right now. By losing Chansey and Mew, I'm now losing two of my walls. Thoughts?
Well you have offense you will be able to apply so much pressure to your opponent you don't really even need the walls, they just kind of kill momentum, in theory if you play aggressively enough you won't even have to rely on them because your opponent will be constantly switching and attacking and you will most likely being doing the same.

Well you have offense you will be able to apply so much pressure to your opponent you don't really even need the walls, they just kind of kill momentum, in theory if you play aggressively enough you won't even have to rely on them.
Makes sense to me. Those walls can slow me down. Thanks!

Hey, really nice team here however it have some flaws but i'll try to fix them.

I noticed a huge weakness to Charizard-X since you don't have an check, revenge killer or an Prankster user to deal with. Bisharp can also be very annoying since your only switch-in is Manaphy and with some prior damage, Knock Off can beat him. You aren't using either of Rapid Spin or Defog to remove entry hazard with team which is based on M-Pinsir, which are mandatory with him since he will loose half of his life everytime he will come on the field. Weavile also hate Stealth Rocks which annoy since he is used as an revenge killer/trapkiller and he will obviously don't like loosing 1/4 of his life everytime he come on the field.

First, i'd recommend to use Landorus-T over Chansey, Chansey isn't a really amazing mon in the metagame even more in an offensive team like you since it can't really help the team too much, even Special Attacker have most of time a good way to deal with it so its really useless, Landorus-T will allow you to work as decent check to many physical attacker which threat your team like M-Lopunny, M-Gross and Zard-X, since M-Pinsir doesn't really like Electric-types which threating him and since Heatran is an Choice Scarf which i don't personally like, i can suggest to use Choice Scarf on Landorus-T and like Air-Balloon on Heatran. Heatran will be the Stealth Rocker, Air-Balloon allow you to don't fear Grounded attack. Landorus-T with the Choice Scarf can work as an revenge killer and as an good Electric check which is really good for your M-Pinsir.

I'd suggest to use Keldeo over Manaphy, Keldeo will still work as a water type and he will be used as decent check to Dark Types like Crawdaunt and Bisharp which annoy your team, Keldeo love the Pursuit support of Weavile and still you already have an Choice Scarfer, maybe you can try the SubCM set, Specs or LO/E-Belt one.

I Agree with Scald suggestion, Latios is definitively better than Mew on this team, it give you an more solid check to Keldeo, it give you more offensive pressure and the mandatory Defog support on your team for both of M-Pinsir and Weavile.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Changes in short :

Chansey >>>
Landorus-T
Mew >>>
Latios
Manaphy >>>
Keldeo
Heatran (Set)
Weavile (Set)

Good luck with your team.

Bump!

I've been working with this team for about two weeks now and I've only managed to peak in the low 1300s.

I'm looking for some more advice! I am having difficulties with stall teams and Mega Manectric teams. Thoughts?

Thanks so much in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)