Mega Ampharos is 3 fabulous 5 u (25-6)

Introduction

Hello everybody, thank you for reading my first RMT and first post on this forum. I've decided to make an RMT of a UU team I've really enjoyed so far.
The team was built around Mega Amphoros as you have seen from the title. I am a big fan of Mega Amph and I think it's a very good poke and setup sweeper due to his numerous resistances and his big Sp.Atk. stat. Enough fanboy trash talking about this fancy mofo, let's get into the teambuilding process.

Mega Ampharos is the star of the show and this team is based around her. I thought of counters in the tier that laugh at mega amph's attacks and Florges popped into my mind straight away. Mega Ampharos also couldn't heal so i wanted wish support. Enter...

Jirachi is a very cool poke and definitely helps out Ampharos in alot of situations. it can pass a wish and counter the hell out a florges. with Jirachi in place I had a glaring ground weakness and i had to fix that up.

Chesnaught formed the defensive pair with jirachi and they together could stack up hazards, softening the checks and counters to mega amph. he is also a very good phys wall. Now I've played alot of UU lately and alot of teams get laughed at by Sub/Coil Zygarde. I wanted something that would be able to rip Zygarde a new anus so I added:

Meet Noivern this thing is a glass cannon. It covers alot of treaths to my team and can wreck most unprepared teams. It did present a Stealth Rock weakness which was the reason for adding:

With Noivern i was very weak to hazards and I want to be able to switch Noivern in and out without any problem, so I needed a defogger. Here is mew, Mew is a very good defogger and also provides alot of team support.

I needed a win-condition and a very treathening late game sweeper. So I added Cloyster to the team, Cloyster didn't bring any large weaknesses to the team and synergises well with the rest of the team.

So now that's out of the way, lets get on with the In-depth analysis of every member of the team.
In-Depth analysis

Cloyster @ icicle plate
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Cloyster can be either very valuable or very useless in a battle. This thing has won me so many battles though, you wouldn't believe. I chose to go with white herb over sash or lum berry because the drops make Cloyster very susceptible to priority moves. One scenario that is not so rare is that im in on say Hippowdon, they expect me to Smash but instead i go for icicle spear roughly doing 75%, i get phazed out and then 3/5 potential switchins can KO

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer

Chesnaught is a very valuable member of the team as it is my answer to most setup sweepers due to the combination of spiky shield and leech seed, with some good predictions this ting can nullify alot of treaths such as DD Zygarde. It also has an easy time setting up hazards and spikes help ampharos and cloyster pick up some KOs

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Jirachi does a number of things, most noteably preventing Florges from taking a shit all over my team and setting up stealth rocks. It synergises fairly well with Chesnaught and the fire weakness is taken care of by mega amph 9/10 times. Though very Jerky, the combination of flinching and leech seed can kill alot of pokes. I do get a lot of hate for using it though lol. together, jirachi and chesnaught handle some threats that amph just cant muscle through, namely florges and gastrodon.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Boomburst
- Air Slash
- U-turn

Noivern outspeeds and kills alot of bulky setup sweepers like CM slowbro and SubCoil Zarde. It also nets me some momentum with the U-Turn. I picked Air Slash over Hurricane because I have the worst luck with moves as such. Noivern is pretty amazing as it can 2HKO Suicune after rocks, which suicune is a treath to every team.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 232 HP / 24 Spd
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Mew here is my hazard controller and she cripples Eviolite users and Physical setup sweepers. Se can, if I am in a bad situation stall oout with Will-o-Wisp and roost. It is a poke that should not be underestimated for it's cuteness. It can, with Will-O-Wisp, cripple some treaths that amph and cloyster can set up on.

fabulous (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Here is the star of the show, the one who started it all. Mega Ampharos. I chose to use the Agility set because I think its the most usable set. Mega Amph has given me sweeps even in the 1400's, and just never lets me down.

Replays

Treath List

Mega Houndoom is a treath to this team if I play my Noivern badly, if not, Draco Meteor has a 81.3 chance to OHKO and a guaranteed OHKO after rocks.

Chandelure can be a treath if it's bulky sub CM, if choiced i can scout and go into Chesnaught if he Shadow Balls and Fire Blast to Mew and knock off.

These aren't the only treaths out there so make sure to post what you think will treathen my team.

Thank you for reading my RMT and please rate this, don't be shy to say what you really think, and i hope you will be willing to test it out in a few games. I've had a succesion rate of about 75% on multiple accounts. I'm currently going on a 15 win streak and still going. This was B3NGUS, peace out!

P.S. changes in red

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The easiest way to fix this team's Fire weakness is to use a bulkier set on Mega Ampharos with max HP and Volt Switch + Heal Bell over Agility + Focus Blast. This allows you to switch into the likes of Mega Houndoom and Chandelure much easier while being able to provide greater team support with a slow Volt Switch and cleric support. Agility M-Amphy isn't necessary on this team anyway as you already have a cleaner in the form of Cloyster, so the tank set fits much better.

As for more nitpicky stuff, you're slightly weak to CM users like Crocune if they get up too many boosts so an option to help this is to use Wood Hammer over Hammer Arm on Chesnaught. This allows you to apply a lot of pressure to them with an SE Grass-type move (3HKOes) and prevent them from sweeping you (esp. combined with Leech Seed). Another precaution you could take is to use Switcheroo over Boomburst on Noivern, allowing you to cripple them with Specs and prevent them from setting up, and Boomburst isn't all that useful since you already have Infiltrator to bypass Subs. On another note you may want to use Synthesis somewhere on Chesnaught since it gives you a more reliable form of recovery. Oh and White Herb is pretty much useless on Cloyster since priority is rather uncommon in UU, so you probably want either Lum Berry or Icicle Plate since they're more useful in general. Finally, Mew should be running 24 Speed EVs in Speed to outspeed Honchkrow and burn it.

Nice team though, Bug-types can be potentially problematic though luckily Heracross is easy to revenge kill with Noivern and Escavalier can be somewhat dealt with by Chesnaught.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Heal Bell

Chesnaught @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Noivern: Boomburst --> Switcheroo

Cloyster: White Herb --> Lum Berry / Icicle Plate

Mew: EV spread --> 252 HP / 232 SDef / 24 Spd

Thanks alot for the rate, i will copy paste them into showdown and fetch some replays with the changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)