MECHA MONDAYS (aka Warrior-robot Weeklies)

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
mecha:
Syllabification: mech·a
Pronunciation: /ˈmekə/

Definition of mecha in English:
noun (plural same or mechas)
A large armored robot, typically controlled by a person riding inside the robot itself:

Monday:
Syllabification: Mon·day
Pronunciation: /ˈməndā/

Definition of Monday in English:
noun
Tuesday and following Sunday:

In this thread, we're gonna draw mecha.

Fanart of existing mecha, reference sheets/sketches of original mecha, battle scenes involving one or the other or both...as long as mecha are involved, it's cool for this thread.

(However, if you're doing fanart try to link to something talking about the mecha you're drawing or at least mention its name. I love learning about new mecha :v4:)

Let's challenge ourselves to post at least one mecha drawing every week (preferably on Mondays)!

I'll be recording people's mecha-week streaks, too, so you'll get bragging rights if you stay cool and draw mecha.

Here goes!

brightobject's Week 1:

GURREN LAGANN
(from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) Some meh foreshortening but I think I did some nice cel shading work here. 6.2/10 self rate

lgi people! \o/

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Coincidentally, one of the recent assignments for my illustration course was to work on the development of a cartoon character, and after some sketches I landed on the concept of this giant robot with a grumpy, awkward pilot:

Not really sure if this really counts as "mecha" or not (specifically in that it's not anime) but it's something close!

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
wow
when the day comes that humans will be able to transfer their animus into a robotic body do you already have all the specs worked out for your new mechanical self

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

WEEK 3: AWAKENED NONO /BUSTER MACHINE No. 7 (DIEBUSTER!)

fucking love this show, tried my best to do the character justice but I definitely messed up a bit. Oh well, hopefully I can only get better at anime from here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)