Martin talking to himself for 2 months (formerly: can someone help me find this thing (not a bait))

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ok genuinely asking this time

when I was a kid, I have a vivid memory of being in an older cousin's (or family friend, smth like that) room and seeing a spooky looking cover that freaked me out, and I still remember it to this day. I can't have been older than 13 so this was like 2012-2013 at the latest (but probably earlier).

It was greenish/ grey toned (maaaaybe bluish? cold colors), with an army of faceless humanoids looking straight a the camera under a dark stormy sky. The faces were completely smooth, but they were textured to look more alive than like mannequins or statues, even if they had discolored skin. I'm not sure if this was a book cover, an album cover, or something else-I only remember seeing the picture but not what form it was in per se. I also don't remember the dimensions of the picture exactly, but I have the feeling it was square (which is why I assume album cover, but I could be TOTALLY wrong on that front). Also pretty certain whatever text was on the cover was in English.

The mannequins were also arranged in rows, extending back into the distance (not sure if the camera was close to the eye level of the mannequins but i think it was)

This one's a long shot--I'm pretty sure it was something more obscure / less successful since it looked kind of cheesy but if someone could help me fill this gap in my memory that'd be great.

tagging faint because he mentioned enjoying this kind of thing

heres a mockup of how it looks in my head:
Untitled-1.jpg

Also there was definitely text on the image, and it was sans serif. thats about all i can say w confidence tho

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
you think you can just ask someone to help you find something now?

you think you can make an all time great deez nuts joke and just be forgiven?

there are turning points in history. the moment ceasar crossed the tiberius. the moment the maginot line was crossed.

we can never go back to how it was before

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright I’ll actually believe you this time. But fool me twice, shame on me

I know it doesn’t fit the time period description at all but how does it relate to this image from the Humble music video?

View attachment 382849
im not sure what you mean by "how does it relate" but ill just compare it to my memory of the pic

-camera angle was not that high, definitely. it WAS at eye level with the figures or above, but nowhere near this high up

-some kind of sky was visible (further proof of the above^)

-it wasnt that the figures faces were hidden, it was that they had completely smoothed over faces like mannequins. They may or may not have had ears though, that I'm foggy on.

-all the figures were identical more or less.

-the shadows weren't as intense in the picture

-they weren't wearing clothes, tho they were all male figures. I don't remember exactly how much of them was visible but i remember seeing the pecs of at least the front row (honestly, now that i think about it it may have gone as far down as their feet for all i know)

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
ohh i think i know this one. from my memory i think they did have faces and there were four or five of the figures, swimming in what could be sausages? and one of them was holding some kind of sea creature up to the camera?

edit: found it
View attachment 383303
Lmao i wish this was it but its not, definitely no sausages
I guess same vibe kinda. But all the figures were the same from what i remember

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Just remembered this existed after having a nice read of the old Donda balls thread.

I doubt this is what you're thinking of but I can only think of the album cover for Music Has The Right To Children, since it also has the smoothed-over faces thing. I know my own memories of certain things from when I was younger get really muddied as time went by (specifically looking up old browser games on BlueMaxima's Flashpoint soke of which I horribly misremembered) so just throwing this out there. At the very least it might spark some sort of memory?

Or the punchline was posted on Discord somewhere and as a result I didn't see it so now I just look stupid lmao

brightobject

there like moonlight
Just remembered this existed after having a nice read of the old Donda balls thread.

I doubt this is what you're thinking of but I can only think of the album cover for Music Has The Right To Children, since it also has the smoothed-over faces thing. I know my own memories of certain things from when I was younger get really muddied as time went by (specifically looking up old browser games on BlueMaxima's Flashpoint soke of which I horribly misremembered) so just throwing this out there. At the very least it might spark some sort of memory?

Or the punchline was posted on Discord somewhere and as a result I didn't see it so now I just look stupid lmao
okay wow this definitely checks the most boxes so far, just the eerie vibe of it and the greenish colors. But yeah not it because they were 100% at least showing their bare pecs (they might not have had nipples come to think of it) and were bald. This did make me question how much I might be misremembering about how the figures were positioned on the cover though...

And also i understand the trepidation haha, but i feel like it would be bad form to pull something like that after explicitly saying it wasnt gonna happen in the title, PLUS the format would just be the same as one I already used. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)