Rejected - Inactive Make staff able to punish users in battlerooms WHILE they are players in room tours.

Hi, I want to suggest for staff being able to use room punishments in battlerooms even though they are players. Apparently, they can't use punishments.

I think it's sort of tedious to grab another staff member to deal with a bad presence in the battleroom when you are staff already and should be technically able to handle it. If it's possible, I think it would be best to give them the ability to use commands in battlerooms in addition to being a player. Dealing with toxic users in the battleroom should be something that can be easily dealt with by the staff, whether or not they are a player.

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
My concern here is with staff players moderating their opponent. This opens the door for moderation bias, or at least claims of them. Theres a reason global staff should never punish their opponent and instead should get another global to handle the situation. It shouldn't be to hard to ask another staff member to help out. In addition if there are none avaliable global staff would be happy to assist any room staff members with issues.

My concern here is with staff players moderating their opponent. This opens the door for moderation bias, or at least claims of them. Theres a reason global staff should never punish their opponent and instead should get another global to handle the situation. It shouldn't be to hard to ask another staff member to help out. In addition if there are none avaliable global staff would be happy to assist any room staff members with issues.

You make a fair point. Although I think it's likely the player staff would punish spectators than their actual opponent.

Other than that, I see where you're coming from.

Also thanks so much for getting to my suggestions! Appreciate it. Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)