Rejected Make Groupwatch ( and other room-related ) Features enabled for all Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! The other day, I wanted to do a pokemon OST blindtest on the arcade room, so I searched a way to display sounds, or youtube video directly on Showdown without having to click on a link ( we already have a game "pokecries" made by panur that could do that so I tought it won't be difficult ).
But I discovered with the help of thewaffleman that you can use a "Groupwatch" to do this, but this feature is only enabled for the youtube room.
Actually i don't know why this feature is specific for youtube, but it completely stop creativity and variety in other rooms.

On a overall note, there are some other features like the Mastermind game that are specific to a room. While I recognize they may not as useful compared to Youtube videos, it still a shame that most of rooms can't use these commands; devs have spend time on these commends, but only few people can effectively use these.
Thanks for reading and as always, s/o LBDC for correction

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Hiya! I maintain the Youtube room plugin (and created groupwatch).
I've said this before in suggestions, but groupwatch for all rooms is a no because of the resources it consumes from youtube.
(We do, however, have support for !show showing videos like groupwatch does. Actually, /show did that for a while for everyone, but i removed the capability because it violated youtube ToS. I will restore that capability once i can figure out a way to make it do not violate ToS.)
Rejecting this.

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Mastermind is restricted to the Trivia room because it pulls from the Trivia question database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)