Rejected Make all commands automatically fit within the battle log

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
ok I know for sure this one hasn't been implemented
This post received the minimum like threshold to warrant a post here but wasn't posted, so I'm reposting it.

And just to make 100% certain, I checked in a battle just now to reconfirm that it still makes that horizontal scroll bar get in the way-

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
This is the result of your window being too small. Definitions are written such that they fit in a certain number of pixels, and if your window is smaller than that width it will not display properly. :(
Would it not be doable to switch from px to %s so that they can fit on all screens?

pre

pkmn.cc
Yes and no. Making a UI fully responsive and fluid is substantially more work, and even in those designs you usually end up wanting to make certain elements (in this case, the data boxes) fixed dimensions so you can reason about them more easily (Pokemon Showdown is already responsive given it is the same site on mobile and desktop, its just hard bordering on impossible to make something look ideal on all possible screen layouts).

I don't want to reject this suggestion out of hand, because if someone is willing to try and find a solution that will also work on smaller layouts (possibly by leveraging @media queries?) such a PR would likely be accepted provided it doesn't cause negative impacts at other viewport dimensions, but it seems unlikely that we'll be trying to optimize for browser windows this small - at the end of the day, it really does help to draw the line somewhere.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Unfort.

Would it instead be doable to allow users to adjust the size of the battle chat? ie, letting it take up some or all of the space that would normally be reserved for whatever rooms you're looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)