SS RU Make a Move (VapoLax Balance)

Mavis

Banned deucer.
:ss/vaporeon: :ss/snorlax: :ss/passimian: :ss/copperajah: :ss/vikavolt: :ss/silvally-fairy:

Hey everyone, I'm back with an RMT for the first time this generation. Everyone knows me as the one who uses Snorlax all the time, so I saw it fitting to post my best Snorlax team of the generation as my very first RMT of Sword and Shield. Click on the team for an importable!

:ss/snorlax:
florida man (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 152 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

Pretty standard stuff here. Curse Snorlax is a phenomenal Pokemon, and its ability to serve as an incredible special tank while doubling as a wincon has fascinated me for as long as I can remember. It serves as this team's de facto special check, able to take on Fire-types and most special attackers very easily. There really isn't too much to say about what Curselax's role on a team is, so let's keep going.

:ss/silvally-fairy:
hills and vallies (Silvally-Fairy) @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- U-turn / Rock Slide
- Work Up

This is one of the best offensive checks to Fighting-types in the tier. Silvally-Fairy serves as a reliable switchin to Passimian, and can come in on predicted Swords Dances from stuff like Bewear and Toxicroak to deal high damage to them with Multi-Attack. It's also absolutely fearsome with webs down, as so many things that beat SIlvally-Fairy rely on outspeeding it. Mixed Flamethrower with Work Up allows it to heavily damage opposing Steel-types and soften them up for Snorlax. U-turn is mostly there to pivot on the Fire-types that like to come in, however, Rock Slide can be used for a dedicated sweeper approach that nails them pretty hard.

:ss/vikavolt:
expulsoat (Vikavolt) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Roost

Another great pick that doubles as a Fighting-type check while laying down the Sticky Webs that make SIlvally-Fairy so devastating. I chose to forgo the route of bulky Vikavolt in return for raw power, instead to simply make use of its typing while using its incredibly powerful STABs to batter down opponents. 160 Speed gets the jump on 160 Speed Vileplume attempting to creep max Speed Copperajah, and lay waste to them with Bug Buzz. It also really, really helps in the Vikavolt mirror matchup. The Ground immunity is also very nice, as the rest of the team bar Copperajah is neutral to Earthquake.

:ss/passimian:
in n out burger (Passimian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
Insert catch-all revenge killer here. Passimian can easily revenge the swaths of things that like to prey on Snorlax, namely opposing Fighting-types, and also serves as a great removal tool for Ghosts with Knock Off. Really there isn't too much to say about Choice Scarf Passimian, everyone who has touched the tier knows exactly what it is and what it does.

:ss/vaporeon:
teardrop (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Protect

Generic bulky water Vaporeon returns from UU and is a blessing to this team due to its ability to pass Wishes into Copperajah and Silvally-Fairy. I took Ice Beam over Heal Bell or Toxic to really lock down opposing Grass-types, as all of Virizion, Vileplume, and Decidueye are troublesome for Snorlax, and Rotom-Mow just kind of likes to be annoying to it. Special Attack investment is there to break Inteleon's Substitute, as it can deal huge damage to this team if something has happened to Passimian. It also checks Fighters fairly well, as Ice Beam ensures it isn't deadweight against Toxicroak (72 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Toxicroak: 107-126 (34.8 - 41%)) and smacks Rotom-Mow really hard as it comes in.

:ss/copperajah:
showstopper (Copperajah) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Shuca Berry Copperajah is honestly a very cool set. Originally, I had Occa berry, but realized that I could be doing a lot more versus opposing Rhydon and not fearing the mirror matchup nearly as much, since Superpower is very rare on Copperajah. It's a reliable Stealth Rock setter and the presence of Shuca Berry further aids this. Admittedly, you really want Stone Edge for Charizard, but Snorlax and Vaporeon deal with it so well as is that usually it isn't necessary.

Threats to the Team

:ss/decidueye:
Decidueye can really mess this team up if its played right, as nothing directly wants to brawl with it, though it can be chipped down with random attacks, like Passimian's Knock Off and Silvally's Multi-Attack. It's also a general pain to deal with for Snorlax and Vaporeon, though that's why Ice Beam is there.

:ss/bewear: :ss/gallade: :ss/toxicroak: :ss/virizion:
Swords Dance Fighting-types are another threat, as they can find ways in rather easily and really only Silvally-Fairy can afford to brawl with them if Webs aren't up. They're a nonissue if webs are, since then Silvfairy easily outspeeds and can blow them back. Passimian also helps with revenging them, and Vikavolt can attempt to check their Fighting STAB, but overall these four have the potential to cause big damage.

:ss/weezing:
Weezing in particular, especially Taunt variants, completely blank most of the team, making it incredibly difficult to get much done. The matchup can be eased by putting Heal Bell over Ice Beam on Vaporeon, but that gives more issues versus Grass-types. Vikavolt's Volt Switch and Vaporeon's Scald are really the only ways to maningfully damage it if it's running Taunt.

Replays

sky queen mavis vs gustavoyay
BR Snake replay vs Yay. Snorlax did a ton of work this game, as the strength of its Curse set as well as Silvally-Fairy's strength is on full display here. It's also an earlier version of the team that had Heal Bell on Vaporeon, but overall the core of the team remains the same.

sky queen mavis vs Shiori Honda
Frankly, this game was more of a Silvally-Fairy showcase than anything else, as Snorlax never hit the field once. Vikavolt's high Speed gets me an early lead and everything snowballs once I get one Work-Up up.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)