Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion
I needed a lead that was tough, but bulky, and could set-up Stealth Rock. That's how I came to Metagross. Occa Berry gives me a slight advantage over Fire-types, and allows me to set up Stealth Rock in front of Infernape leads. I was debating whether to use Earthquake or Meteor Mash, and ended up using Earthquake for more coverage. The rest is pretty much self-explanatory.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk/208 Spd/216 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
My early-game sweeper. I chose MixMence over DDMence since I don't want to waste my time setting up. Draco Meteor is a force to be reckoned with coming of of STAB and LO. Earthquake, and Fire Blast explain themselves. Outrage is the physical version of Draco Meteor, and also a great STAB attack. I'm not sure about this one, so I'm open to all suggestions.

Jirachi @ Light Clay
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/100 Def/156 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- U-turn
- Wish

I personally love Dual Screeners since they give offensive Pokemon some sort of defense. U-turn allows Jirachi to switch out after its done its job. Wish allows me to heal my other Pokemon when they're running low on health, as well as Jirachi, when he comes in to set up screens again.

Gyarados (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Flail
The star of the show, and a personal favorite of mine. Most opponents will suspect the Dragon Dance variant, and switch out to the appropriate counter, and that's where I begin the set up. Usually, the plan is to hide behind a sub and Dragon Dance, but after getting the Liechi Boost, I attempt a sweep. I can usually set up about 2-3 DD's and a Liechi Boost, which boost Gyara's attack to an astounding 861 attack minimum with 1 Dragon Dance, and Liechi Boost. Paired with Jirachi's Wish, this thing can stay around for awhile.

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
This is Gyarados's Electric check, and Sub-passer. I cannot count how many times this thing has saved Gyarados from fainting. Thunder wave allows me to paralyze random Pokemon, making a Gyarados sweep easier. BP'ing a Sub to Gyarados allows a safe switch-in. Thunderbolt is an obvious STAB move.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/64 Attack/176 Def/16 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

(Thanks to SoT, who suggested Skarm.)
My new team member, and one of the most important. Skarmory is my answer to Tyranitar, and other physical threats. First off, Spikes and Stealth Rock together put almost every Pokemon in OHKO range for Gyarados. Roost is to heal off the damage Skarmory takes from setting up spikes and Brave Bird recoil. I chose Brave Bird over Drill Peck for more power, and the recoil doesn't matter to me, since I have Roost.

That's the team. All help is appreciated.​

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You have nothing to switch into a Tyranitar using Crunch. I'd reccomend using a sturdier pokemon over Alakazam, preferably one that resists it or can take a hit from it and strike back harder Heatran or Swampert respectively. Maybe even a Skarmory, so you have more bulk in general. Just a quick little rate, not going that in-depth at all. Good luck with the team!

You have nothing to switch into a Tyranitar using Crunch. I'd reccomend using a sturdier pokemon over Alakazam, preferably one that resists it or can take a hit from it and strike back harder Heatran or Swampert respectively. Maybe even a Skarmory, so you have more bulk in general. Just a quick little rate, not going that in-depth at all. Good luck with the team!
Thanks for the advice SoT, I'll test out your suggestions.

Choice Band Tyranitar and Gyarados (Jolly Dragon Dace) can hamper your team a great deal. You have to rely on prediction to swap into Tyranitar, nevermind nothing on your team can take CB Crunch or a Life Orb assault from Gyarados. To remedy this, I suggest you add something to take beatings from both, preferably over Alakazam. Hariyama can take both of them, Tyranitar especially, and can beat the hell out of Blissey (whom seems to trouble your team a bit since Salamence can't KO it and fears Ice Beam).

If you want to remain using a revenge killer in the last slot, you could opt for a Gengar, who can at least revenge kill both Gyarados and Tyranitar (as well as outpace Adamant Gyarados after two Dances, assuming Timid). Gengar also offers a Fighting immunity, which this team lacks and would appreciate. Gengar is also not walled by Latias, who gives this team some trouble, bar Jirachi and Metagross.

Choice Band Tyranitar and Gyarados (Jolly Dragon Dace) can hamper your team a great deal. You have to rely on prediction to swap into Tyranitar, nevermind nothing on your team can take CB Crunch or a Life Orb assault from Gyarados. To remedy this, I suggest you add something to take beatings from both, preferably over Alakazam. Hariyama can take both of them, Tyranitar especially, and can beat the hell out of Blissey (whom seems to trouble your team a bit since Salamence can't KO it and fears Ice Beam).

If you want to remain using a revenge killer in the last slot, you could opt for a Gengar, who can at least revenge kill both Gyarados and Tyranitar (as well as outpace Adamant Gyarados after two Dances, assuming Timid). Gengar also offers a Fighting immunity, which this team lacks and would appreciate. Gengar is also not walled by Latias, who gives this team some trouble, bar Jirachi and Metagross.
I'll try out those suggestions, Thanks.

Edit: The main post has been edited with a new team member.

Edit 2: Added a poll to the main thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)