SM OU magic room lol (1700+)

I made a stupid Magic Room team for fun before and tried to make it work. Of course it didn't, because Magic Room is shit. But lately I've been more confident in my teambuilding skills and I attempted to make another Magic Room team, well here's the result. I know this is going to be a tough one to rate, but any ideas for improvements are greatly appreciated. ;)

I know it is not really an achievement, but this is the stupidest team I've ever built and surprisingly it did quite well in the middle ladder.

I started off with a core of Mimikyu and Crawdaunt. Mimikyu sets up Magic Room and Crawdaddy abuses it.

Then added Lando-t for SR. Yeah he's the best ou mon and there is no reason to not use him.

Used scarfed Infernape for some proper speed control and revenge killing.

Then I chose Kartana as my z move user for wallbreaking.

Picked mega Aerodactyl as my mega cuz ground immunity and revenge kills Koko.

Fiona (Mimikyu) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Magic Room
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Destiny Bond

Mimikyu provides the awesome and totally useful Magic Room. Scarf is used to set it up even against faster threats when you're busted. Also rip Ash-Greninjas trying to revenge kill my Mimikyu. Play Rough and Shadow Claw are stabs lol, Shadow Claw notably kills scarf Lele. Destiny Bond so Mimikyu isn't completely useless after setting up Magic Room.

Shrek (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Here is the Magic Room abuser himself. He is SCARFED and has a DRAGON DANCE, yes! In case you don't know how this works: Magic Room nullifies the scarf's effect, so Crawdaunt can set up DD and when Magic Room is gone he's much faster thanks to the scarf. Also no one expects the scarf before I reveal Magic Room, so it can get some surprise kills on Lando-t, Zygarde or fast Mage. The rest of the movepool is quite standard, no surprises there. You have to play aggressively and recklessly but it is really funny when it works haha.

Donkey (Landorus-Therian) @ Red Card
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

Lando-t Throws rocks and then explodes, simple as that. He has to be preserved though when you're facing Hawlucha, which is a dangerous threat. Red Card is a gimmick to stop Hawlucha; Lando-t takes a hit and forces Lucha out, removing its boosts.

Puss in Boots (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Infernape is actually a decent scarfer. It revenge kills stuff like SG Magearna or scarf Kartana and can lure Lando-t. I've changed the movepool a few times and this was my favorite and most successful set so I decided to use it. Fire Blast is the main stab attack, Vacuum Wave kills scarf Kartana and weakened Ash-Greninja, hp Ice for Lando-t and Zygarde and U-turn to grab momentum.

Gingerbread Man (Kartana) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Now I had 3 scarfed mons and I needed a wallbreaker. SD Kartana is the obvious choice. It just shits all over fat balance squads and weakens them to the point when my scarfers or mega Aero can clean up.

Dragon (Aerodactyl-Mega) (F) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

Mega Aeroducktyl :psysly: can be a real threat to some teams since it is really fast, strong and has a lot of coverage. Outspeeds and kills Koko, Tornadus-t, +1 Gyarados, scarf Heatran, mega Lopunny etc. Also provides one more ground immunity and a mega Pinsir check.

Use the RED CARD!

Scarfed Koko outspeeds everything and kills almost everything. Disable its scarf with Magic Room and kill it with mega Aero or something idk.

Half of my team is weak to water so... Kill Ash Greninja with Mimikyu I guess.

Fiona (Mimikyu) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Magic Room
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Destiny Bond

Shrek (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Donkey (Landorus-Therian) @ Red Card
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

Puss in Boots (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Gingerbread Man (Kartana) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Dragon (Aerodactyl-Mega) (F) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

This is probably one of the most fucked up teams you've ever seen and I'm truly sorry for posting it here but I couldn't resist.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)