Magazine Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since this magazine is supposed to be informative, and we have the Smogon University theme already entrenched here, I suggest:

Smogon Curricula

cur·ric·u·la (plural form of curriculum)
1. All the courses of study offered by an educational institution.
2. A group of related courses, often in a special field of study.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There're some very good ideas. I like Doug's a lot.

I think if it's monthly we should call it The Smogon Period because that's pretty funny.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
"metang@", lol. just kidding. "SmogMag", short for Smogon Magazine.

I really like this concept. ^.^

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Gen. Dialga Times has a nice ring to it, as well as being a play on words.

Doug's idea is pretty good as well.

Once we decide on a name, I'll get an admin to rename the forum as necessary.

Competitive Pokemon Digest or something in this vein, Pokemon Battling Digest or hell Smogon Digest

or the Smogonian Times
When the OP said one, it didn't mean four; it meant one.

How about Akademiks? Not really sure if you want to know how I came up with that, but I just read the Welcome Message, "Welcome! Smogon is a Pokémon website and community specializing in the art of competitive battling." Then I studied the name of the site right now, "Smogon University." I sorta combined the specializing and the university to create Akademiks. If that doesn't work, maybe Inteligency?

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I think someone said "Smogazine" and i like it xD
Sounds pretty catchy!

Smogon Days sounds good IMO. Thought about it in a few minutes :P

The Smogon Elite

Besides that, is this really going to be like a magazine? Or is it going to be more in the form of a newspaper or gazette?

I really like Doug's Smogon Curricula. Simple, original and clever.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"The Smog"

Like newspaper, smog spreads around, like what the magazine is intended to perform (well kinda). Smog is close enough to be a "signature move" for Koffing.

Eh I dunno.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Judging by all posts I, doubt I'll win. But, I'll enter Spirit of Smogon

Or knowing my luck, SOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)