SM OU M-Pinsir+Kyurem-B Hyper Offense

Introduction
Hey guys this is a team I made based around Kyurem-B and the first thing I thought of was making a core with it featuring Mega Pinsir as kyurem's mixed wallbreaker set takes out pinsirs checks giving pinsir the opportunity to sweep as once it sets up an SD, it has the capability to OHKO many pokemon. The type of team I wanted to make to support this core isn't a bulky offense team but is a hyper offense team since kyurem should be used in the beggining wreaking havoc and it isn't really that good late game. So far I am going extremely well with this team atm im on 1300+ elo with only one loss due to connection issues.

Teambuilding

Azelf was my lead of choice on hyper offense due do its access of stealth rock,taunt and explosion giving you a high chance to play the game with stealth rocks on their side which is crucial as it enables M-pinsir to get OHKOs such as 50%+ chance to OHKO ferrothorn with +2 Return after rocks and a guaranteed OHKO on 252HP 252+Def toxapex with rocks up. Azelf's ability to use U-Turn with a high speed nad attack stat is great as it can come in again to explode and get a KO on pokemon its faster than such as latios. A well timed taunt will help keep breloom's sash intact by preventing hazards from entering the field.

Kyurem-B is my wallbreaker of choice as it can take some hits better thank other breakers such as Hoopa-U and has excellent coverage with boltbeam and earth power, I chose this pokemon mainly because of its many opportunities to wall break after azelf brings momentum, this pokemon helps the rest of the team sweep late-game as the rest of my team consists of sweepers.

Mega-Pinsir is my main setup sweeper alongside magearna with access to priority and somewhat decent speed and works exceptionally well once kyurem and the rest of the team has weakened the enemy especially after rocks is up.

(no magearna pics from shuffle) Magearna is my second setup sweeper with shift gear and fairium-Z to give me another chance to sweep if my team fails as it has an excellent typing of fairy and steel

Specs serperior is here as a mid-to-end-game wallbreaker but can also function as a sweeper as it has excellent speed.

Breloom is my final pokemon of the team and the reason I chose it was not to directly patch up any of my team's weaknesses, but more of a last resort with sash spore and swords dance, it also really helps against mimikyu and is a top priority to keep its sash intact which is why i have so many nuking pokemon such as azelf, magearna, sperperior and kyurem-B.

This team mainly functions with azelf setting up rocks while preventing rocks (sometimes is a prediction game if the enemy has a landorus with u-turn to a faster threat) then lets in any check to what pokemon you are up against, mainly kyurem goes well in these times, breloom and serperior too. Try switch rarely and make your opponent switch so rocks can bring them into OHKO range of your pokemons

Builds

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- U-turn
Typical lead azelf with U-turn instead of flamethrower because I don't have much issues with scizor and ferrothorn. Stealth rock is for key OHKO's and the opponent will switch more than you do helping wear them down, taunt is mainly so your breloom's sash stays intact and to keep Kyurem as beefy as possible. Explosion is for momentum and preventing rapid spin and defog from working and also for some heavy damage and can even net useful OHKOs such as latios and charizard-Y (I encountered these frequently). U-turn is if I decide to explode later as I dont really need flamethrower. Max speed with jolly to be as fast as possible for taunts and momentum with explosion and max attack so explosion can hurt even more.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost
Mixed Wallbreaker Kyurem-B with life orb to maximize damage output, this pokemon is excellent at getting surprise OHKOs because of teravolt (happened twice, someone switches in rotom thinking earth power isn't going to hurt them). I really like this pokemon due to its excellent coverage hitting so many pokemon for super effective damage. Ice beam is it's STAB move which dents anything with neutral damage, fusion bolt for celesteela, skarmory and bulky water types such as Tapu Fini which takes normally 80%+ from it and earth power to round out the coverage to hit steel types such as non-scarf magnezone and slower magearna and electric types. Max speed and special attack with a Mild Nature as it's defense is still managable afterwards and to maximise damage output ad outspeed pokemons such as heatran without a scarf.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Swords Dance pinsir is for the sweeps with Aerilate boosted, STAB boosted, SD boosted Return and quick attack. One of the best endgame sweepers but watch out for faster pokemon. Return for stab damage, quick attack for priority on faster pokemon, earthquake for Koko on the switch, killing heatran reliably without a swords dance and for toxapex which is why i chose it over cc as toxapex is everywhere. Swords dance to make it reach 818 attack and do huge damage. Jolly nature over adamant to outspeed as many pokes as possible.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Shift Gear
Shift Gear Magearna with fairium-Z for nuke potential, 220 speed to outspeed jolly Pheromosa modest nature with 252 spAtk to maximise damage and the rest is put in to hp for uneccessary bulk (i think). This pokemon's resistances and typing aids the team and helps against lele alot. Fairium Z to grant access to many OHKOs to trigger soul heart with fleur cannon and fleur cannon can nuke again leaving you at your normal special atk, flash cannon as its spammable-ish stab and aura sphere for steel types, this pokemon's power and coverage is limited so use it at the right time when AlolaWak is gone and such.

Serperior @ Choice Specs
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Choice specs serperior, this is a random sweeper of my choice. With specs and max spatk, its first leaf storm should deal heavy damage and later just OHKO everything even resisted hits. Only click leaf storm and use on slower pokemon, rest of the moves are useless/veryvery rarely used. An excellent wallbreaker and is fun to use once grass resists are gone.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance
Sash Breloom is for anti-sweeping due to sash and spore. Better against offensive teams in its own way and SD mach punch puts constant pressure with bullet seed. Jolly nature to outspeed as many pokemon as possible and bisharp is normally adamant so mach punch should land first. This pokemon very often opens up victories for later as it KO's and applies a lot of pressure.

I havent faced any severe threats except Koko but most of my pokemon find a way to quickly cut it off especially with rocks up.

So that's my team, I need a bit of help on what team can easily destroy this and some of my wins were very close ones only won with priority or focus sash, what do you think of this HO team?

Here's some things I note just glancing at this team, I'm stealing then gonna ladder a bit with this on a testing alt to see just how effective this team is.

- EV change for Magearna, slight. I've been running 232 speed on Magearna very recently over 228 (compared to your 220) as while you're outstripping Pheromosa, non-speed boosting nature Genesect (should it remain OU) and Timid Scarf Rotom-Appliances, as well as anything slower in base speed with either non-speed nature or speed nature than these are nice to outspeed as well. Its a tiny threshold for 3 HP points that's saved me a few times, even if Rotom-Wash is seeing less use and Genesect is probably disappearing within, idunno how long suspects last honestly.

- Rocks demolish your setup on a well built team. Azelf itself is great for preventing lead rocks and setting up rocks AS a lead in most cases, but a lead such as Sash Dugtrio dumps all over it. A few different scenarios can occur which pose a problem:

Dugtrio Stone Edges, Azelf Stealth Rocks. You get Rocks up but Dugtrio still has its sash, and most teams with a Dugtrio are either Stall (which runs a defogger) or HO (which sometimes runs a defogger). Rocks can be removed later, or it can prevent a sweep of anything bar Breloom. Can also break the sash of Breloom. Stone Edge 3HKOs, but should you press U-Turn or Explosion it can Sucker for the kill.
252 Atk Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azelf: 122-144 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Dugtrio Rocks, Azelf Rocks. Rocks are up on both sides for free on both parties, but akin to the previous section you can't remove them while they likely can. This removes Breloom's Sash, cuts into the times Pinsir can try to switch in hugely, and hurts Kyurem-Black's survivability, no matter how slim as is with its Ice typing.

Dugtrio Stone Edges, you U-Turn. The best scenario by far here, as you can get in Breloom or Pinsir and freely and click Spore to nullify Dugtrio or any switchin, or Quick Attack for a free OHKO, respectively. But the chance of them NOT rocking is low.

Dugtrio Stealth Rocks, you U-Turn. You now have to switch into Magearna or Breloom or limit the turns of any other wincon/wallbreaker that you have, or sack Magearna for free.

Dugtrio does literally anything, you Taunt. You're slower than Dugtrio, and it can either get Rocks up or Stone Edge you for free. If it crits with the Stone Edge, no rocks for you, and otherwise you get rocks up but a majority of the time you also now have rocks on your side of the field - since its not rare for leads to insta SR.

- Serperior looks like it merely adds another wincon and setup mon onto your team, which already flourishes with them, and adds to a Flying and Fire type problem for your team. Four out of your Five mons that will survive past turn 3 are weak to Fire and one takes it not that well, and three out of five are weak to Flying with one resist - that doesn't take hits well. Ice also is a problem, although Magearna usually enjoys taking Ice moves as usually its unSTAB coverage options.

While not a mon I usually recommend because of my bad experiences with it, try running a bulky Excadrill set over your Serperior. Magearna and Kyurem-Black cover special hitters while Pinsir and Breloom hit Physically, so you can go either way here - and Excadrill fits most of the things I see here bar the Fire weakness. It can deal with most common Flying threats bar some, and can Spin for Breloom should Rocks go up on your side. It also takes out Fairies for Kyurem-Black, challenges bulky Rotom-Wash so it doesn't burn Pinsir should it get a chance to, and hits like a truck. Should you need another Swords Dance mon and want to keep a ridiculous number of setup sweepers (ill advised but hey, I ran Scarf Gengar and Mega-Gallade last gen. What do I know.), then go ahead.

Excadrill @ Occa Berry/Lum Berry/Air Balloon/Life Orb/Whateverthehellelse
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance/Toxic/Rock Slide

OR

Excadrill @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpDef / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head/Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Moveset is fairly basic; Earthquake is a must for spam and Rapid Spin removes the hazards that threaten... I dunno, the entire team. Iron Head is almost needed for the offensive set although for defensive it can run Rock Slide to hit Celesteela/Skarm harder. The last slot is a mixed bag for the offensive set, as you can run Swords Dance for another setup sweeper (in which case, try Sand Rush and 104 speed EV's - beats +1 DD Zygarde and other scarf base 95's with Jolly nature in Sand, if they have that.), Toxic on either set harms physical walls that come in and restrict how long they can stay in, and Rock Slide gives better coverage. Items can be up to you to decide, although I gave a few ideas. Mold Breaker lets you hit bulky Rotom-Wash through Levitate and ignore Mimikyu's Disguise, and there isn't too much reason to run either other ability as you aren't a Sand team. Max HP ensures survivability on either set, and the Speed lets you outspeed max speed Magearna before Shift Gear so it doesn't Aura Sphere you. Rest is dumped into either Attack for the offensive set, or SpDef for a defensively oriented one to take on some threats easier. Nature boosts either Attack or SpDef, like the EV spreads. Whatever one works for you, I dont really care.

Not saying you can't or shouldn't run Serperior (making a post-posting edit, god I think I sound condescending), but its probably an ill idea.

A few other issues are the common theme of Fire weakness in almost all of your sweepers (already mentioned but that was aimed at 'why serperior?'), a lack of pivot besides RocksFodder.exe, and a way to beat a well-made Celesteela. Not sure how it'd fare in the long run but...
ey, what do I know.

Probably wrong on half this stuff, but hope this helps ;-;

Try the set Kyurem icium Z + Freeze Shock ago OHKO to Chensey eviolite.
Breloom with all these fairy is no longer as strong as in the old OU

thanks for the suggestion guys im adding excadrill in place of serperior however, i think life orb on kyurem is better because i dont have issues with chansey and kyurem normally brings fini and does an average of 70% with LO its like 50% and fini can switch out and be annoying again and i miss the chance to OHKO rotom after rocks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)