Pokémon Lurantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurantis is the most hopeless Pokemon of this Gen that I can think of. Bad movepool/typing, bad stats, can't abuse Contrary very well. Gets a unique physical Solar Beam in Solar Blade, but base 45 Spe and embarrassing physical coverage prevent it from taking advantage of this in any way shape or form.

Gumshoos of all things will likely have more presence in PU than Lurantis.

Lurantis is the most hopeless Pokemon of this Gen that I can think of. Bad movepool/typing, bad stats, can't abuse Contrary very well. Gets a unique physical Solar Beam in Solar Blade, but base 45 Spe and embarrassing physical coverage prevent it from taking advantage of this in any way shape or form.

Gumshoos of all things will likely have more presence in PU than Lurantis.
Nah, Lurantis (while certainly bit gonna be a top tier mon) will carve out some niche as an offensive or defensive defogger where as Gumshoos will need stout to not drop back down to have a chance of being relevant and having a chance at a low ranking breaker niche over other normals.

*Cries for Lurantis* Anyway, I have a different idea for a set with this mon. It may not be the best, but its a idea:

Flora (Lurantis) (F) @ Firium Z
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef
Jolly Nature
- Solar Blade
- Sunny Day
- Synthesis
- Leech Life

This was just a set I found on youtube, and I found it to be interesting. With Z-Sunny Day, you get that speed boost. The only problem I see with this set is that you faint before you even get into use Solar Blade.

*Cries for Lurantis* Anyway, I have a different idea for a set with this mon. It may not be the best, but its a idea:

Flora (Lurantis) (F) @ Firium Z
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef
Jolly Nature
- Solar Blade
- Sunny Day
- Synthesis
- Leech Life

This was just a set I found on youtube, and I found it to be interesting. With Z-Sunny Day, you get that speed boost. The only problem I see with this set is that you faint before you even get into use Solar Blade.
It could be useful, though I'm unsure on if Synthesis is really that worth using with such fragility. Something like Poison Jab may help more in case of Fairies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)