Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- Helping Hand
- Fake Out
- Volt Switch

Explanation:
I chose Raichu as the centerpiece of this team purely because it is my favorite pokemon. Lightning rod allows it to help support gyarados with fake out and nuzzle allowing for good control of the beginning of the match. Helping hand also allows for some extra power and to secure some KO's that would not normally be possible. Volt switch was picked due to its ability to provide a useful pivot into some other mons such as Arcanine to get off the intimidate before the opponent can make their move.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Bounce

Explanation:
I chose Gyarados as the main sweeper on this team due to its great synergy with Raichu. The movset paired with moxie allows it to easily gain momentum and score super effective hits on a large majority of pokemon. Paired with raichu's speed control via nuzzle and helping hand, it can sweep more often than not, however it does not pair up well against trick room teams or fast rock slide users.

Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

Explanation:
Flygon was picked due to its ability to work effectively at KO'ing excadrill, tyranitar, and tanking hits from rhyperior, all of which threaten gyarados. Furthermore, it can deal strong damage to duraludon (another potent threat) and can use earthquake freely when paired with gyarados. Dragon dance is rather niche however if I choose to dynamax flygon allows it to protect against threats.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz

Explanation:
Darmanitan is used to land strong hits quickly. Its speed with the choice scarf allows it to outspeed Dragapult and land a OHKO with icicle crash. Rock slide is also very powerful against a lead of togekiss and another mon, as it can deal a big chunk to both togekiss and its ally. Superpower allows me to get heavy damage off onto duraludon and excadrill, however the latter will usually KO darmanitan if it is running a scarf (since it will outspeed).

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- King's Shield

Explanation:
Aegislash doesn't really have much of a specific role on the team. It is a reliable special attacker who can really capitalize on the weakness policy well with kings shield and its stance change. Its moveset allows it to score KOs on unsuspecting fighting and grass types with air slash while also reliably destroying anything with a somewhat low special defense when weakness policy procs.

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 70 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Explanation:
Arcanine was added to the team in order to help lessen the blow from physical attackers who pose a large threat to the team overall, namely tyranitar, excadrill, and rhyperior. Between intimidate and will-o-wisp, it can greatly cut down the opponents offenses, and snarl allows it to also weaken their special attack power in addition. Flamethrower serves to KO mons such as ferrothorn, whimsicott, or corviknight who my sweepers struggle to knock out.

Summary:
Overall this team has worked well for me, however it is very much threatened by both Trick Room and Ground/Rock types (e.g. excadrill, T-tar, rhyperior). Raichu and Gyarados have strong synergy with flygon and arcanine being able to reliably add to the team. Darmanitan is able to deal heavy damage and Aegislash can score ko's reliably. Any help finding a reliable counter to TR and/or Excadrill, T-tar, Rhyperior would be appreciated!

Thanks for checking out my team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)