Loud Birds (Peaked #2 and #5 on the ladder)

Loud Birds
#2 and 5 on the ladder

Introduction:
Hey there Little Cup fans, I'm Ashley11. You may have heard of me around the Little Cup room in Pokemon Showdown! or in gen 5 NU and RU, and if you haven't, I am a BW NU, RU, UU, and XY LC player. This is my most recent and by far most successful XY LC team this generation, and it uses a lot of uncommon pokemon with other common top-tier pokemon to create a balanced/offense style of team, which i call Loud Birds. This is kinda my hello XY LC rmt, as I'm hoping to contribute to the XY LC community in many ways hopefully. This is my rmt for Loud Birds, please rate and enjoy.

~Ashley11 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team:

Taillow (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Trust me, I already know what you are thinking. You are thinking, Why is she using a choice scarf Taillow with BOOMBURST? Well, you obviously haven't experienced the true amazingness of special attacking Taillow if you are thinking that. Taillow is an absolute monster actually, with three effective sets it can run, each beating different counters for it. This makes it very hard to counter Taillow until you actually know what set its running. I run a choice scarf scrappy boomburst set as you can see, and its quite the force to be reckoned with. Boomburst gets a clean 2 hit ko on a lot of the tier right now since its filled with so many frail offensive pokemon. Taillow can actually outspeed a lot of things too that are big threats in the tier right now. It speedties with Swirlix after unburden, it speedties with Bellsprout in the sun, and it outspeeds a +2 Tirtouga too. After entry hazards, Taillow can really do a great job cleaning up teams lategame. The given ev spread is there too maximize taillows speed and special attack, while putting the rest into hp so it maximizes its life from stealth rocks and brave bird recoil. Hidden Power fighting can hit rock and steel types that trouble you, and even surprises those awful honedges out there. Sorry honedge fans. U-turn gives you momentum and is really helpful to get out of many situations like shell smash berry juice dwebble and tirtouga. Brave bird is there for honestly a filler, but i've actually used this move quite a bit for the one hit ko's on grass and fighting types. Taillow is the star of my team, and it really lives up to the expectations.

Dwebble (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Dwebble is who I always send out in the beginning of the battle. She can usually get up 2 layers of spikes and stealth rocks in the very beginning of the game reliably. If a fake out user comes out i usually end up playing around it. Even the rare natu doesnt take care of my hazards, since dwebble can just rock blast it to death. It has 2 sturdys thanks to berry juice, and even if dwebble doesnt get entry hazards up I always end up at least hurting the opposition quite a bit. The ev spread is there to maximize my speed and attack, so i can get my entry hazards set up as fast as possible, and i can hit my opposition as hard as possible too. I dont have any bulk on my dwebble so that way an attack aimed at it will have more chance of knocking me into berry juice range. Dwebble is my reliable way to set up entry hazards for Taillow to sweep, and she gets the job done well.

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 Spd / 240 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnemite is my go-to man to get rid of pesky steel types that want to tank my Taillow's Boomburst attacks. Well, i guess man, idk, its genderless \._./ Anyways, it can be there to sponge hits and dish them back, and acts really well as a defensive pivot. It can reliably take out ferroseed and bronzor for me, and if i run into trouble i can always volt switch out. My ev spread is there to maximize my offensive prowess, but i may need extra bulk or something, someone could help me out there. I have the magnet pull magnemite used over the sturdy berry juice magnemite because i want to be able to trap the steel types for taillow instead of just run them out. I run Magnet rise on magnemite so if a gligar wants to try to switch in on it i can try to predict it and set up magnet rise, so i then have the free will to attack more and punch holes into teams. The rest of the moves are pretty standard for magnemite, they are there to maximize my coverage. Volt Switch is used over thunderbolt to have more momentum, making half of my team a volturn team.

Meditite (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 SDef / 76 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Meditite is my main way of getting around other threats besides for steel and rock types that wall Taillow's boomburst. Meditite can beat threats like munchlax, porygon two, and can also be an offensive threat for the team overall. I had timburr at this slot at first, but I decided that Meditite is just overall more of an offensive threat to most teams compared to timburr, and i want to be able to wall break as much as possible for Taillow to clean up later. I have the given ev spread because honestly its the ev spread given on smogon and showdown calc lol. If you have a better ev spread idea please tell me, I'd love for this to have the maximum amount of potential fullfilled. I use Drain Punch over Hi Jump Kick because while Hi Jump Kick can win games, it also loses them 10% of the time. Drain punch offers a longer lasting meditite, and the longer I have a meditite the happier i am :) Psycho Cut is there to beat the other fighting types like mienfoo, and it kills the poison types too i suppose. Bullet Punch is some nice priority that can finish off swirlix. Finally, Ice Punch is my elemental punch of choice to obliterate pesky gligars that think they can switch in. Meditite is quite the contributor to my team, taking out key threats to my team, while also being able to single handedly take out half of an unprepared person's team.

Gligar (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

Gligar can be placed on any team, and be considered good. Gligar can run any set, and it is considered good. Gligar is just overall good. I added Gligar to this team (Like i always do) to get rid of entry hazards that could break through my team's sturdy. Since 1/3 of my team relies on the ability, it is kind of important. I mean sure, I have a dwebble on my team that sets up my own hazards every match in the very beginning. To be honest though, I would rather have my tirtouga break through my opponents team rather than have entry hazards up, so I honestly believe defog is a must for this team to succeed. I run a full out offensive gligar to continue the offensive trend my team is. I run a jolly nature to be as fast as possible, since only 3 pokemon outspeed gligar unboosted (I think?) with maximum speed. I have defog obviously, then earthquake and acrobatics of course for attacking moves with pretty good coverage. Swords dance is there to help my gligar wall break. Gligar is actually very impressive offensively, so swords dance gligar often sweeps half of the team of my opponents. I thought about running a defensive gligar instead, but felt like gligar would be better used on this team offensively.

Tirtouga (M) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 212 Atk / 180 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake

Tirtouga is one of the most impressive shell smash sweepers imo. It can easily take out half of a team with no hazards up on my end of the field. With 2 free shell smashes pretty much, or one depending on if there is priority to watch out for or not, Tirtouga can pretty much ko most of the tier after a shell smash or 2. Tirtouga is here on the team to crush things, and it does that well. The goal of tirtouga is to crush things so hard, that Tailow could use gust and still sweep the team. With tirtouga it could even sweep itself, and Taillow wouldnt have to do any work. I use max speed and max attack for obvious reasons. The moveset has shell smash for obvious reasons too. I have Aqua jet there for nice priority since some things may want to come in and revenge kill me like pawniard, and those sucker punches wont be working with aqua jet around. Waterfall is there as my more powerful water type STAB move. I use it over stone edge because it is much more reliable. Earthquake is there to make my coverage better, though grass types are quite the problem to tirtouga. If you have a better moveset, please tell me :]. Tirtouga is quite the force to be reckoned with, and it can single-handedly sweep teams.

Conclusion:

This team has been my most successful team so far, making great accomplishments so far. If you could give me any advice to improve the team that would be great, the better the team the happier i am! It would also be nice if you could like my rmt if you did like it, I try to work really hard on these to be viewer friendly, and it's nice to know if i did a good job. Below here is going to be an importable version of the team, so enjoy! I hope to post more of these soon since i like making these, i get to decorate them and make them pretty <3. Hasta Luego!

~Ashley11 <3

Importable

Taillow (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Dwebble (F) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Meditite (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 SDef / 76 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 Spd / 240 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gligar (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

Tirtouga (M) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 212 Atk / 180 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake​

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't think Defog meshes too well with Dwebble's antics, but I don't see any obvious holes in your team. Would another Knock Off user be a viable alternative to Dwebble? Shellder looks as if it could pose as a moderate threat, so Pawniard or something might work.

Also, I only see one bird

Last edited:
Kappaten reccomended maybe using a shell smash dwebble for MAXIMUM HYPER OFFENSE POTENTIAL. anyways, i may try that in place of hazards dwebble since your right, it doesnt mesh too well together. I kinda like all the sturdy berry juice going on since it gives me a lot of answers to shell smash sweepers and other sweepers.

In addition to the already mentioned double shell smash, I'd say magnemite would then serve pretty little purpose to your goal at that point, with Meditite/Dwebble/Tirtouga all dealing with steel types moderately well. I'd probably swap it with either a sturdy/juice magnemite or another defogger, since your team is so heavily reliant on having hazards clear. Vullaby could work, and has access to the knock off that Corporal Levi mentioned.

EDIT: and then there would actually be more than one bird

I can try that, thanks for the suggestion. When I get around to it I will test out the team with the new changes. Do you think all of my ev spreads are ok? I kinda suck at making ev spreads on my teams

I am not really a LC player but this team looked fun so I started trying it. The biggest problem I was running into was having to use defog to get rid of all dwebbles work, but its necessary because like you said so much of the team relies on sturdy. So I cant be too specific but I would recommend either ditching dwebble or picking up rapid spin.

To elaborate a little more, I would set up hazards with dwebble then he would die and at that point if the opponent has hazards up I pretty much have to defog if I want to switch into other pokes, it just seems that dwebble and defog dont go to well together. But everything else is perfect this is a really fun team.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
116 Def EVs on Tirtouga would help it take priority, but I guess the current spread allows Tirtouga to activate Berry Juice more easily.

76 Atk /196 SpA / 236 Spe might be an option on Taillow for more powerful Brave Birds and U-Turns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)