ORAS UU Lotus Eater

Team Overview

Hello I'm Se7en Lions and here's a UU team I made awhile ago. The team isn't the best but it's definitely good enough to get you up on the ladder. I've peaked to about 1600 but don't really have the time to grind out the ladder but I reckon I could get to 1700-1800 if I ever did grind it out. This is more of a defensive oriented team even though it has offensive threats such as Nidoking and Hydreigon in it.

The team started with Mega Aggron. I initally had an offensive set on it but I feel it's better off on a defensive oriented team. I needed a cleric + wish passer on the team as Mega Aggron doesn't like burns and appreciates Wish support so Florges seemed like an obvious choice. It takes pretty much any special attack aimed at Mega Aggron with ease. Hazards control are essential to pretty much any team. I opted for Tentacruel as it's able to do many things like laying down hazards, spinning them away and just knocking items off left and right. Nidoking was added onto the team as him immense wallbreaking ability coupled with the hazards laid out by previous members of the team would usually net him multiple KOs throughout a battle. With the glaring ground weakness on the team, I decided to add Cresselia. This would normally cripple the team's offensive capability so I opted for the CM set as it also serves as my wincon. Finally Hydreigon is on the team to revenge kill any remaining threats and serves as a decent late-game sweeper with great dual STAB coverage.

onto the team.

@
(Aggronite)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Mega Aggron here serves as the team's physical tank and the only phazer on the team. Stealth Rock is essential on any team and this one is no different. Arguably the most influential move in the game, Stealth Rock's ability to deal damage just for switching in is pretty crazy. Heavy Slam is a great STAB move as Mega Aggron is heavier than nearly the entire tier so it'll have 80+ BP more often than not. Earthquake rounds out the coverage smashing things that resist Heavy Slam such as Lucario. Roar is crucial as it's my only answer to setup sweepers. EVs are set to maximize defenses. It doesn't need many Def EVs as it already possesses massive physical defenses without any significant investment.

@
(Leftovers)
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Probably the most important member of the team, Florges' job is to keep everyone else on the team healthy. Moonblast is the obligatory STAB move and coming off a decent 112 Base SpA, even uninvested, Moonblast is nothing to scoff at from Florges. Aromatherapy removes harmful status from everyone on the team and it's overall utility is great. Wish is the team's only source of recovery aside from Leftovers. Protect allows for scouting and reliable self-healing. EVs are to maximize defenses. Similarly to Mega Aggron, Florges possesses great Special defense so it doesn't need a heavy EV investment. IVs are set to 0 to minimize confusion and foul play damage.

@
(Black Sludge)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel serves as the team's form of hazard control. Knock Off is a pretty useful move as knocking off opposing Pokemon's item is great utility and the chip damage doesn't hurt. Scald is an amazing STAB move in general as the 30% chance to burn and cripple physical attackers is pretty awesome. Toxic Spikes absolutely punishes teams that either lack a hazard remover or lose it in the middle of the match. Rapid Spin removes hazards from my side of the field. EVs are there to help take physical abuse from likes of Conkeldurr who also loses even more HP when using Drain Punch because of Tentacruel's ability Liquid Ooze. 20 Spe EVs are used to outspeed max-invested neutral base 70s and Adamant Honchkrow.

@
(Life Orb)
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Nidoking serves as the team's premier offensive threat. It's amazing coverage alongside hitting extremely hard with Sheer Force + Life Orb allows it to net important KOs and forces opposing teams into mindgames. It's Dual STABs are amazing with great neutral coverage. Earth Power smashes any Steel and Rock types. Sludge Wave is a little stronger and more spammable when opposing teams lack Steel-types and have either Flying-types or a Pokemon with Levitate such as Cresselia. Ice Beam rounds out the coverage smashing Pokemon such as Salamence and Flygon for KOs. Superpower is used in the last slot to punish the pink blobs (Blissey and Chansey) who come in expecting to sponge a special attack. EVs are pretty straightforward with Max speed as the rest of the team does a fairly good job of supplying chip damage so it won't miss out on important KOs and Nidoking needs all the speed it can get.

@
(Leftovers)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

Cresselia serves as an amazing backup physical wall and is the teams win condition. It also provides a crucial ground immunity for a team that can't reliably take strong Earthquakes. Calm Mind allows Cresselia to boost it's SpA and SpD to great heights. Moonblast provides great neutral coverage. Psyshock is the STAB move of choice that allows Cresselia to win out against other CM users such as Suicune. Moonlight provides Cresselia with a source of recovery besides leftovers. EVs are used to maximize physical defenses as Calm Mind boosts Special Defense. 16 Spe EVs are used to outspeed uninvested base 85s such as Suicune.

@
(Choice Scarf)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Hydreigon serves as the team's revenge killer and late-game sweeper. It's great Dual STAB coverage allows him to provide great damage output throughout the match to everything but the bulkiest special walls. U-turn allows me to scout and lead off with him in certain situations. Draco Meteor provides an extremely hard hitting STAB move and promotes a hit and run playstyle with him. Dark Pulse is a great secondary STAB move that has amazing neutral coverage. The 20% flinch chance also helps in netting KOs. Fire Blast roasts things such as Forretress and other Steel-types which typically lack any SpD investment with their already low base SpD. EVs are pretty standard, Max SpA and Spe to outspeed everything it can.

Anyways that's the team. Feedback is always appreciated. I didn't really have a team name so I just went onto my Soundcloud and named it after the first song on my likes. If you'd like to hear it, here it is. It's a pretty chill song.

Lotus Eater

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi.
  • You really need more counterplay for Entei, simply put it gets a free hit off whenever it comes in on Florges / Nidoking / Mega Aggron (situationally) and your switch-ins (Tentacruel / Hydreigon) are honestly not going to be coming in enough times consistently to keep it in check. Therefore, I suggest having Slowking > Cresselia as this allows you to retain your bulky wincon while also serving as a good Entei check.
  • As Magic has said above me you're fairly weak to Water-type Pokemon, especially the bulkier ones, so I highly recommend having Heracross > Nidoking, as this retains your strong wallbreaker while also giving you a more physically offensive presence, something you more or less were lacking.
  • Due to the above change, you're lacking a Ground-type, therefore I suggest having Mega Steelix > Mega Aggron, as they play extremely similar roles and have similar bulk with Steelix having a Ground-typing which would allow you to play around VoltTurn a lot better.
Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald

Standard CM Slowking that fills the same role Cresselia did previously.

Heracross @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Standard SD Heracross for stallbreaking purposes, the Toxic Orb allows you to also wallbreak off the get go without a boost being required, which is what Nidoking provided. I chose Facade in the last slot so you could smack Florges's and other Fairy-types thinking Heracross is easy to wall, so they're weakened for Hydreigon to clean up later.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Standard MSteelix with the same moveset as your Aggron while boasting similar bulk, disregarding the obvious lack of Filter.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there Seven Lions I love the use of the tried and true Mega Aggron + Florges core. It is a really effective and balanced core. That being said, let's get to the rate!
  • First off, as Kreme and -Magic- both mentioned, this team struggles to break past bulky Waters and Water-types in general. Pokemon such as Suicune and Milotic can continously take hits via their natural bulk while also crippling the team with burns. While you do have a cleric, it would still be nice to relieve some pressure off of Florges constantly clicking Aromatherapy as it only has 8 PP. The other thing that was mentioned was the team's lack of powerful offensive presence as you only currently have Mega Aggron as the physical attacker and Mega Aggron is somewhat weak with no investment. For this reason, I highly suggest Toxicroak > Nidoking. What this does is not only give you some much needed physical offensive presence, it also gives you a good check to the bulky Waters that lack super effective coverage such as CroCune, Milotic, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Sharpedo. Toxicroak also becomes a really decent win condition against offense thanks to Sucker Punch, allowing it to circumvent its somewhat paltry base 85 Speed.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
  • Next up, I feel like Entei is a massive threat to this team, especially if you go with the above change, as your two Fire resists, Tentacruel and Hydreigon, are very easily worn down by powerful Fire-type moves and Sacred Fire's burn. For this reason, I feel like Milotic > Tentacruel is a solid option as Milotic can punish Entei for spreading burns thanks to it getting a Defense boost by activating Marvel Scale as well as be an emergency check to some setup sweepers with Haze. Its natural special bulk also means it can serve as a check to special Fire-type attackers such as Chandelure. It also can afford to run Ice Beam thanks to it having reliable recovery, giving it an option to nail Scald switch-ins such as Celebi, Shaymin, Salamence, and Hydreigon. While you do lose Toxic Spikes which makes it easier to pressure the opponent, Milotic is the better option to serve as your primary Fire-type switch-in and an overall glue to the team.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Haze
  • With the previous change, the team now lacks hazard control and as such the opposing foe's team is more likely to pressure the team via entry hazards. For this reason, Salamence > Hydreigon gives you the hazard control you need while serving as a secondary, and more reliable, Fire- and Fighting-type check thanks to its typing + Intimidate. Salamence does leave you a bit more weak to Mamoswine than Hydreigon, but Cresselia and Milotic can check it nicely while also forcing itself to be worn down by Life Orb recoil. You also lose out on a Choice Scarf user, but I feel like the addition of Toxicroak for priority and the bulk of the team is good enough to check most faster offensive Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Sceptile, etc.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

This team looks really solid despite balance not being as effective in the current meta considering how many offensive threats there are, but nonetheless a good looking team and I hope I helped.

Hey there Seven Lions I love the use of the tried and true Mega Aggron + Florges core. It is a really effective and balanced core. That being said, let's get to the rate!
  • First off, as Kreme and -Magic- both mentioned, this team struggles to break past bulky Waters and Water-types in general. Pokemon such as Suicune and Milotic can continously take hits via their natural bulk while also crippling the team with burns. While you do have a cleric, it would still be nice to relieve some pressure off of Florges constantly clicking Aromatherapy as it only has 8 PP. The other thing that was mentioned was the team's lack of powerful offensive presence as you only currently have Mega Aggron as the physical attacker and Mega Aggron is somewhat weak with no investment. For this reason, I highly suggest Toxicroak > Nidoking. What this does is not only give you some much needed physical offensive presence, it also gives you a good check to the bulky Waters that lack super effective coverage such as CroCune, Milotic, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Sharpedo. Toxicroak also becomes a really decent win condition against offense thanks to Sucker Punch, allowing it to circumvent its somewhat paltry base 85 Speed.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
  • Next up, I feel like Entei is a massive threat to this team, especially if you go with the above change, as your two Fire resists, Tentacruel and Hydreigon, are very easily worn down by powerful Fire-type moves and Sacred Fire's burn. For this reason, I feel like Milotic > Tentacruel is a solid option as Milotic can punish Entei for spreading burns thanks to it getting a Defense boost by activating Marvel Scale as well as be an emergency check to some setup sweepers with Haze. Its natural special bulk also means it can serve as a check to special Fire-type attackers such as Chandelure. It also can afford to run Ice Beam thanks to it having reliable recovery, giving it an option to nail Scald switch-ins such as Celebi, Shaymin, Salamence, and Hydreigon. While you do lose Toxic Spikes which makes it easier to pressure the opponent, Milotic is the better option to serve as your primary Fire-type switch-in and an overall glue to the team.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Haze
  • With the previous change, the team now lacks hazard control and as such the opposing foe's team is more likely to pressure the team via entry hazards. For this reason, Salamence > Hydreigon gives you the hazard control you need while serving as a secondary, and more reliable, Fire- and Fighting-type check thanks to its typing + Intimidate. Salamence does leave you a bit more weak to Mamoswine than Hydreigon, but Cresselia and Milotic can check it nicely while also forcing itself to be worn down by Life Orb recoil. You also lose out on a Choice Scarf user, but I feel like the addition of Toxicroak for priority and the bulk of the team is good enough to check most faster offensive Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Sceptile, etc.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

This team looks really solid despite balance not being as effective in the current meta considering how many offensive threats there are, but nonetheless a good looking team and I hope I helped.
hey thanks for the rate and everyone else above. i really do love the toxicroak suggestion and will put him in immediately. however i do feel like I'm a lot more susceptible to defensive teams now as there's no way I see myself getting past Cresselia amongst others especially if they opt for CM Cress as well and it's basically a coinflip. I'm not really sure how I feel about losing tenta for milotic and then swapping salamence in however. I don't really care for hydreigon as I don't mind upgrading where I can but I feel mence doesn't offer that much to the team. I think I'll add stallbreaker crobat > mence so basically the team would be:

mega-aggron / florges / milotic / crobat / cresselia / toxicroak

I think that's a pretty decent middle ground of all the suggestions so thanks, ill be testing and posting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)