Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i just chained 40 pokes and caught one shiny. But the next patches that appear arent shiny patches, do i just keep reseting until i see another shiny?

Ugh >.< I had a chain of 48 swellows (8 shinies) and by stupid mistake I pressed Run istead of bag to catch it... I'm gonna try again later I hae dryland training in like 10 mins.

well i got 4 pontya, dont know what the iv's are as of yet, but hey my first shiny via chaining.

edit:
Hasty #1 Ponyta: 9 - 13 / 17 - 21 / 12 - 16 / 18 - 22 / 14 - 17 / 22 (repeat ball)
Hasty #2 Ponyta: 26 / 22 - 25 / 8 - 11 / 14 - 17 / 18 - 22 / 16 - 19 (premier ball)
Hasty #3 Ponyta: 9 - 13 / 9 - 12 / 0 - 7 / 30 / 23 - 26 / 3 - 6 (premier ball)
Hasty #4 Ponyta: 22 - 25 / 9 - 12 / 8 - 11 / 5 - 9 / 25 / 20 - 24 (premier ball)

Is it possible ? :nerd:
Eh, no, not really. :( Just made that video to see how many people I could get suckered in (mainly YouTube Noobs lol). I've had it on my mind to make it for like a month or longer and looks like it's a success lol.

Imagine what it would be like though to chain on water...

I'd think the "grass" would be ripples of some sort. How much it ripples would be how rare it is, and the "shiny water" would glitter just like how something shines in the water sometimes, like fool's gold.

Anyway, I'm quite the SRer/chainer myself but I don't frequent this thread often (although I pretty much do the same things lol).
I'm currently in a Slowpoke chain on my other DS but I haven't advanced it much, I've been playing other games in my main DS like Kirby and Sonic.

Everyone needs a little break from Pokemon every now and then I guess. :)

CHAINING ON WATER lol :naughty:

Woot!

I've finally figured out how to chain! The free time assocaited with a torn ACL gives you a little bit more clarity I guess.

So far I have 3 shiny azzuril in the Trophy Garden with the chain still going on.

One quick question chainers, I shouldn't not enter shiny patches if they aren't four away right? Because I've ignored like 3 already.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Woot!

I've finally figured out how to chain! The free time assocaited with a torn ACL gives you a little bit more clarity I guess.

So far I have 3 shiny azzuril in the Trophy Garden with the chain still going on.

One quick question chainers, I shouldn't not enter shiny patches if they aren't four away right? Because I've ignored like 3 already.
You should, but *only* if those patches are completely surrounded by a patch of grass, horizontally, vertically, and diagonally:

XXX
XOX
XXX

Actually Lorak that is very helpful, I've kind of deduced on my own that the risk involved with the edges is usually worth it.

I'm at 22 now!

22 Shinies that is. My real chain is 62.

Shit...

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Actually Lorak that is very helpful, I've kind of deduced on my own that the risk involved with the edges is usually worth it.

I'm at 22 now!

22 Shinies that is. My real chain is 62.

Shit...

What led to the profanity? Wasn't there last time I checked... Chain break?

Yeah chain break. I was very cavalier at 24 and went into the biggest no fly zone in the trophy garden.

But...I have results!

Shiny Brave Huge Power Azurills:

24/11/27/4/20/20
17/28/28/19/21/31
26/21/29/25/21/25

The first one has shitty attack, but is very bulky.

Number two has awesome attack! It's relatively bulky, the 31 speed stinks but with 0 evs and a - nature it doesn't really matter.

The last one has decent attack and is bulkier then number two. What do you think of my first chaining project Lorak? Meant to be trick room Azumarills.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Nice. Surprised that was your choice of project, and I relate to your poor nature/IV mix on the second one.

Yeah that probably wasn't the best first project. Shitty location and two abilities made it tough.

But I'm super happy with the second one, regardless of speed. I'm really stoked on chaining! Maybe something easier for the next thing I start.

The third one could function nicely as a resttalker.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Yeah that probably wasn't the best first project. Shitty location and two abilities made it tough.

But I'm super happy with the second one, regardless of speed. I'm really stoked on chaining! Maybe something easier for the next thing I start.
Glad you still have enthusiasm about it. Me, my Torkoal project has left me feeling about chaining the same taste I have of the soot falling on Stark.

Ugh I've been lurking the SBP chaining thread watching your misery. I think I even posted saying that some of the ones you found were very playable. But yeah doing that many and not getting what I wanted would piss me off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)