Longest "Your team was rejected" message

Not sure if this belongs here. I was bored with the teambuilder on showdown and was wondering what the longest message you could make with the Validate option in the builder is. I managed to get this on a single Pokemon:
1000006111.png

Theoretically you could make it infinite with the nickname being unicode with as many letters as you want but that seems kinda lame so I only did one over the maximum letters to add a bullet to the list of reject reasons. I guess that's what I'm going for. This is 21 reject reasons so 21 * 6 total Pokemon + 1 for species clause would give me 127 reject reasons. Can we get even further?

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Not sure if this belongs here. I was bored with the teambuilder on showdown and was wondering what the longest message you could make with the Validate option in the builder is. I managed to get this on a single Pokemon:
View attachment 606687
Theoretically you could make it infinite with the nickname being unicode with as many letters as you want but that seems kinda lame so I only did one over the maximum letters to add a bullet to the list of reject reasons. I guess that's what I'm going for. This is 21 reject reasons so 21 * 6 total Pokemon + 1 for species clause would give me 127 reject reasons. Can we get even further?
Your submission was rejected for the following reasons:
- Submission contains an image which is not permitted in the tier.
- Not sure if this belongs here. is not legal in this tier. Have some conviction.
- "Single pokemon" has lovely kiss, Pokemon would not be single if its kiss is lovely.
- Please do not mock your single pokemon by listing all 127 reasons it was rejected. This is inhumane.
- BrightPowder is a Class A item and is banned in this subforum.
- Grasswhistle is a Class C move. This is fine, I just want you to pass me some.
- Please clarify what you have nicknamed your Pokemon. Attach an audio recording of you pronouncing its name.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
New PB, hit 22, Paradox Skip seems to work quite well, will study more, new tech involves Modifying the Tera Type

1708570831611.png

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Raging Bolt) @ Bright Powder
Ability: Snow Cloak
Level: 1
Tera Type: Neck
IVs: 0 HP / 20 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Lovely Kiss
- Lovely Kiss
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle

Sucks that Attack is hard coded to 20, wouldve hit 23 otherwise

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I imagine you two could boost your setups by running 500 EVs in every stat. I got the following messages with a different setup:

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 10.06.02 PM.png

Happy you found a setup that includes the event messages - I found the following 8 messages for event Genesect in Gen5, but there isn't the sleep ban + non-existent sleep moves, so afaik this setup is inferior.

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 10.03.58 PM.png

Other funny thing - experimenting with custom IVs, I think there's an underflow effect on the color scaling for stats? Wonder who has been bored enough to find thsi lol
Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 9.59.23 PM.png

EDIT: If the EV tech doesn't work for new gens, then this Gen5 Genesect setup has 26:
Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 10.09.28 PM.png

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
I imagine you two could boost your setups by running 500 EVs in every stat. I got the following messages with a different setup:

View attachment 606747

Happy you found a setup that includes the event messages - I found the following 8 messages for event Genesect in Gen5, but there isn't the sleep ban + non-existent sleep moves, so afaik this setup is inferior.

View attachment 606745

Other funny thing - experimenting with custom IVs, I think there's an underflow effect on the color scaling for stats? Wonder who has been bored enough to find thsi lolView attachment 606746

EDIT: If the EV tech doesn't work for new gens, then this Gen5 Genesect setup has 26:
Ty, just hit 30 with the new tech, plus added an invalid nature, ggs:

1708571780170.png

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Raging Bolt) @ Bright Powder
Tera Type: Neck
EVs: 260 HP / 260 Atk / 260 Def / 260 SpA / 260 SpD / 260 Spe
Unserious Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 20 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Lovely Kiss
- Lovely Kiss
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Huuuuuge Developments with Ogerpon-Hearthflame-Tera, too many changes to list but was able to hit a whopping 40

1708572616839.png

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame-Tera) @ Bright Powder
Tera Type: Fire
Unserious Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Lovely Kiss
- Lovely Kiss
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle

Prob done lol, but fun thought experiment / game

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
was able to boost the max up to 42 by making it shiny (surprised that was missed), and also optimized character count by making all moves grass whistle. you also cannot force male gender or different tera type on ogerpon cause it's gender locked and tera locked and showdown will just autocorrect this either in builder or in battle.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 180435.png

Shiny: Yes
Unserious Nature
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 19-16-49 Teambuilder - Showdown!.png

We appear to have hit an impasse
Shiny: Yes
Unserious Nature
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle
- Grass Whistle

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
Yeah just tested it out, adding more than 4 moves makes the importable significantly shorter for some reason.

Anyways, I think we ought to ban letter spam in the name and nature, since you can just add more letters to make the error message even longer.

1708738332570.png

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
you wanna guess what the first thing i tried to do was after seeing the above post?

anyway it does not seem currently possible to crash validator using length. in spoiler is the longest validation message i could think of using the shiny ogerpon set from above. 24 * 42 + 4 = 1012 different lines and validator seems to load those almost instantly. only thing that might crash validator is some sort of infinite loop but i can't think of a way to create a infinite loop with it. maybe someone else more familiar with coding could break it, although i bet the validator has some sort of infinite loop-proofing written into its code.

edit: validator stops caring at 6 mons even when team size is 24, so real number is 6 * 42 + 4 = 256 lines

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Nickname "BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB" too long (should be 18 characters or fewer)
- Ogerpon-Hearthflame-Tera transforms in-battle with Hearthflame Mask, please fix its item.
- Ogerpon has multiple copies of Grass Whistle.
- "unserious" is an invalid nature.
- Ogerpon-Hearthflame is tagged Uber, which is banned.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB's item Bright Powder is banned by Evasion Items Clause.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame-Tera) can't have Snow Cloak.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB's ability Snow Cloak is banned.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB's move Grass Whistle does not exist in Gen 9.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame-Tera) can't learn Grass Whistle.
- Ogerpon-Hearthflame is only obtainable from events - it needs to match one of its events:
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must be at least level 20 to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must not be shiny to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 HP IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 Attack IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Defense IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Special Attack IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Special Defense IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 Speed IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must be at least level 70 to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must not be shiny to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 HP IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 Attack IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Defense IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Special Attack IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Special Defense IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 Speed IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB must have at least three perfect IVs because it's a legendary in Gen 6 or later.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB has more than 255 EVs in HP.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB has more than 255 EVs in Attack.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB has more than 255 EVs in Defense.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB has more than 255 EVs in Special Attack.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB has more than 255 EVs in Special Defense.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB has more than 255 EVs in Speed.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB has 1560 total EVs, which is more than this format's limit of 510.
- Grass Whistle is banned by Sleep Moves Clause.
- Ogerpon-Hearthflame-Tera transforms in-battle with Hearthflame Mask, please fix its item.
- Ogerpon-Hearthflame is only obtainable from events - it needs to match one of its events:
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must be at least level 20 to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must not be shiny to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 HP IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 Attack IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Defense IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Special Attack IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Special Defense IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 Speed IVs to be from its event #1.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must be at least level 70 to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must not be shiny to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 HP IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 Attack IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Defense IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Special Attack IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 20 Special Defense IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) must have 31 Speed IVs to be from its event #2.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB must have at least three perfect IVs because it's a legendary in Gen 6 or later.
- BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB has 1560 total EVs, which is more than this format's limit of 510.
- You are limited to one of each Pokémon by Species Clause.
- (You have more than one Ogerpon)
- Your Pokémon must have different nicknames.
- (You have more than one BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)