[LLAMA Semi-finals] TSRD v S0L1D G0LD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lore, Legends And More Action Tournament

Welcome, boys and girls, to the LLAMA Tournament Semi-Finals! The winner of today's clash will have earned themselves a brand new 40-move Pokémon of their choice, as well as their spot in the tournament's final round, with a chance to win for their team a powerful Legend! The loser, on the other hand, goes home heart-broken and empty-handed. The stakes could hardly be any higher! It's such a grand occasion, in fact, that we get a cute little header, customized and all, for today's battlers. How nice. Whoever did that deserves some bonus UC.
BATTLE RULES
3v3 Singles
Enforced 2 Day DQ Time for players, 3 for referees.
Each player has one DQ warning a match. Go over once, you will use your warning. Go over twice, you will be DQed. This will be at the discretion of the player or one of the hosts if the player takes too long. Referees going over DQ will probably be sacked and replaced.
Infinite Recoveries/Chills per Pokémon.
Three Substitutions per player excluding KO Substitutions.
One Mega Evolution
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON; you do not have to have the item in possession but the item must not be banned, similar to SICK (Banned Items: Soul Dew, Dark Stone, Light Stone, Diancite, Prison Bottle).
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
If there are matches still going on come Saturday the 12th of September at Midnight (GMT +00:00), then the DQ Times of those matches will shorten to 1 Day Player, 1 Day Referee.

Team TSRD:

Types
Ignores Attract and Confusion status entirely when using Dark-type damaging and non-damaging attacks.
Immune to Sandstorm damage. Ignores Arena restrictions on Dig and Seismic Attacks for Arenas in which any land mass exists. Evasive Digging reduced from 6 energy per action to 5 per action.

Abilities
Guts
[Passive]
This Pokémon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two. Pokémon with Guts ignore the attack drop from Burn.
Pressure [Passive] (Unlocked)
This Pokémon's presence fills the air with intense anxiety. Any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokémon costs the opposing Pokémon two more energy to perform.
Rebound [Trigger]
This Pokémon is able to bounce one layer of an entry hazard back from their side of the field to the other side with their immense strength and intuition.
Rebound Command: Removes a layer of hazards from the user's side of the field. Places a layer of the same type on the opponent's field.
In battles with more than two teams, the user must target a team to Rebound to.
Command Type: Ability | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None

Stats
|HP: 120|Atk: 5|Def: 3|SpA: 2|SpD: 3|Spe: 110|Size: 5|Weight: 10|BRT: 22|
|EC: 6/6|MC: 0|DC: 5/5|KOC: 0|Nature: Jolly (+Spe,-SpA) [+14% Accuracy]

Moves (40)
Level Up (
15)
Bite
Body Slam
Bounce
Bubble Beam
Crunch
Dig
Drill Run
Horn Attack
Leer
Megahorn
Peck
Pursuit
Rapid Spin
Rototiller
Tackle

Egg (5)
Encore
Fake Out
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Sucker Punch

TM/HM (15)
Brick Break
Bulldoze
Double Team
Earthquake
Endure
Poison Jab
Protect
Rest
Roar
Rock Slide
Sleep Talk
Smack Down
Substitute
Taunt
U-Turn

Tutor (5)
Aqua Tail
Dive
Knock Off
Snatch
Super Power

Types
The consecutive move usage penalty for using damaging Fairy-type moves is reduced to two (2) from four (4).
Can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, or redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities
Pixilate
[Toggle] (Mega)
By default, this Pokémon's Normal-type moves are Fairy-type moves, and have their Base Attack Power increased by two.
When toggled, this Pokémon's Normal-type attacks have their Base Attack Power increased by two.
Only Normal-typed moves changed by Pixilate receive this boost, and not all Fairy-type moves.
If a Pokémon has been skill-swapped multiple abilities that change Normal-type attacks, the attacks become dual-typed, but the Base Attack Power boosts of the abilities do not stack.
Synchronize [Passive]
Pokémon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokémon and, when afflicted with the major status ailments Burn, Poison, or Paralysis,
will share their status condition with the opponent. Pokémon will not be afflicted with status conditions to which they are immune by virtue of typing, ability, etc.
Telepathy [Passive] (Unlocked)
This Pokémon has a mental link with its allies in multiple battles, which allows it to avoid taking damage from allied attacks that damage each foe or the entire field like Blizzard and Earthquake.
They are still affected by an opponents spread damage attacks.
Trace [Trigger]
When entering into battle, this Pokémon can replace Trace with an ability on one of its opponents for six Energy. The ability remains on the Pokémon for six actions.
When the copied ability fades, the user regains Trace. This effect only triggers if the ability to be copied is specified when the Pokémon is sent out. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Trace Command: Replace Trace with the target Ability for six actions. When the copied ability fades, the user regains Trace.
Command Type: Ability | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None

Stats
Normal:

|HP: 100|Atk: 2|Def: 3|SpA: 5|SpD: 4|Spe: 92|Size: 3|Weight: 3|BRT: 21|
|EC: 9/9|MC: 0|DC: 5/5|KOC: 0|Nature: Timid (+Spe,-Atk) [+10% Accuracy]
Mega:
|HP: 100|Atk: 2|Def: 3|SpA: 7|SpD: 5|Spe: 115|Size: 3|Weight: 3|BRT: 25|
|EC: 9/9|MC: 0|DC: 5/5|KOC: 0|Nature: Timid (+Spe,-Atk) [+15% Accuracy]

Moves (40)
Level Up (
16)
Calm Mind
Confusion
Disarming Voice
Double Team
Draining Kiss
Growl
Heal Pulse
Healing Wish
Imprison
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Misty Terrain
Moonblast
Stored Power
Teleport
Wish

Egg (5)
Destiny Bond
Disable
Encore
Skill Swap
Will-O-Wisp

TM/HM (12)
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Light Screen
Protect
Psyshock
Reflect
Rest
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Taunt
Thunderbolt
Torment

Tutor (7)
Endure
Hyper Voice
Icy Wind
Magic Coat
Pain Split
Sleep Talk
Snatch

Types
Immune to Burn status. Brighten Command.
Brighten Command: For the next six actions, all this Pokémon's attacks will have their accuracy increased by one stage.
Type Exclusive commands can only be used by Pokémon that are naturally that type, and are still available if the Pokémon changes type.
Command Type: Type Exclusive | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None
Ignores arena restrictions on Water attacks that require an external water source. Evasive Diving reduced from 6 energy per action to 5 per action.

Abilities
Water Absorb
[Passive]
This Pokémon absorbs water attacks instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done.

Stats
|HP: 100|Atk: 4|Def: 5|SpA: 5|SpD: 4|Spe: 60|Size: 4|Weight: 5|BRT: 23|
|EC: 0/0|MC: 0|DC: 0/0|KOC: 0|Nature: Sassy (+SpD,-Spe) [-10% Evasion]

Moves (40)
Level Up (
11)
Explosion
Flame Charge
Flare Blitz
Haze
Mist
Overheat
Scald
Steam Eruption
Take Down
Water Pulse
Weather Ball

TM/HM (25)
Brick Break
Double Team
Earthquake
Flash Cannon
Focus Blast
Giga Impact
Gyro Ball
Hyper Beam
Incinerate
Protect
Rest
Roar
Rock Slide
Sandstorm
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Smack Down
Solar Beam
Stone Edge
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Toxic
Will-O-Wisp

Tutor (4)
Earth Power
Heat Wave
Snore
Superpower
In the red and black corner we have Dark Gym Leader TSRD! Known for brandishing a variety of powerful Dark-types, he has made it this far with a combination of great plays, strong Pokémon and some uncommon sets (Impish Dragonite? You don't see that one every day...). He has also decided that consistency trumps unpredictability, bringing the exact same team that he used in his quarterfinal win over Maxim. His legendary of choice is Amber the Volcanion, and speaking of which, it's probably his best bet against his opponent's mighty Mawile, which hits both of his other mons super effectively and could give TS some serious issues.

Team S0L1D G0LD:

Giygas (Deoxys) (-)
Nature: Timid
Type: Psychic

Psychic: Psychic STAB; can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:

Pressure

Stats:

Hp: 90
Atk: Rank 5 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 6
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 173 (+15% speed, +30% accuracy)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 24

Giygas (Deoxys-Attack) (-)

Psychic: Psychic STAB; can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 7 (-)
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 8
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 173 (+15% speed, +30% accuracy)
Base Rank Total: 26

Giygas (Deoxys-Defense) (-)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 7
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 7
Spe: 104 (+15% speed, +12% accuracy)
Base Rank Total: 25

Giygas (Deoxys-Speed) (-)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 207 (+15% speed, +30% accuracy)
Base Rank Total: 22

EC: N/A
MC: 0
AC: N/A

Moves (40/101):

Leer (*)
Wrap (*)
Night Shade (*)
Teleport (*)
Double Team (*)
Knock Off (*)
Taunt (*)
Spikes (*)
Pursuit (*)
Psychic (*)
Snatch (*)
Psycho Shift (*)
Zen Headbutt (*)
Recover (*)
Zap Cannon (*)
Psycho Boost (*)
Hyper Beam (*)
Counter (*)
Extreme Speed (*)
Mirror Coat (*)

Drain Punch (*)
Endure (*)
Fire Punch (*)
Ice Punch (*)
Low Kick (*)
Magic Coat (*)
Skill Swap (*)
Thunder Punch (*)

Toxic (*)
Taunt (*)
Protect (*)
Solar Beam (*)
Thunder (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Brick Break (*)
Torment (*)
Focus Blast (*)
Rock Slide (*)
Substitute (*)

Meteor Mash (*)

Mawile (Mawile) (F)
Nature: Careful
Type: Steel/Fairy

Steel: Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm damage, immune to Poison/Toxic status, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, making them susceptible to Poison-type attacks and Poison/Toxic Status.

Fairy: Fairy STAB: -1 EN on non-Fairy typed Nature, Sound, and Scent moves (Stacks with second STAB where applicable). (Nature Power, Natural Gift; Sound Moves; Aromatherapy, Odor Sleuth, Sweet Scent)

Abilities:

Hyper Cutter

Intimidate

Sheer Force (HA UNLOCKED)

Huge Power (Mega)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

Mawile (Mawile) (F)
Nature: Careful
Type: Steel/Fairy

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (8 [Huge Power])
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 50
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 18 (22 [Huge Power])
EC: N/A
AC: 5/5

Moves (40/101):

Play Rough (*)
Iron Head (*)
Taunt (*)
Growl (*)
Fairy Wind (*)
Astonish (*)
Fake Tears (*)
Bite (*)
Sweet Scent (*)
Vice Grip (*)
Feint Attack (*)
Baton Pass (*)
Crunch (*)
Iron Defense (*)
Sucker Punch (*)

Fire Fang (*)
Metal Burst (*)
Misty Terrain (*)
Poison Fang (*)
Tickle (*)

Counter (*)
Endure (*)
Ice Punch (*)
Knock Off (*)
Magnet Rise (*)
Snatch (*)
Stealth Rock (*)
Pain Split (*)
Thunder Punch (*)

Focus Punch (*)
Toxic (*)
Protect (*)
Brick Break (*)
Double Team (*)
Torment (*)
Rest (*)
Giga Impact (*)
Rock Slide (*)
Sleep Talk (*)
Substitute (*)

Pyroak (Kaliso) (M)
Nature: Brave
Type: Fire/Grass

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn status. Brighten Command.

Brighten Command: For the next six (6) actions, all this Pokemon's attacks with have their accuracy increased by one stage. Type Exclusive commands can only be used by Pokemon that are naturally that type, and are still available if the Pokemon changes type.

Command Type: Type Exclusive | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None

Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed, Worry Seed, and all "Powder" based attacks (Poisonpowder, Powder, Rage Powder, Sleep Powder, Spore, Stun Spore). Unable to have Petal Dance disrupted by oncoming damage. Ignores Arena restrictions on Grass attacks requiring an external grass source. Bloom Command.

Bloom Command: For the next six (6) actions, this Pokemon's "Grass," "Powder," and "Seed" status-moves will have fifteen (15) added points to their Base Accuracy (e.g. Grasswhistle goes from 55 Base Acc to 70 Base Acc). Type Exclusive commands can only be used by Pokemon that are naturally that type, and are still available if the Pokemon changes type.

Abilities:

Rock Head

Battle Armor

Chlorophyll (HA Locked)

Stats:

HP: 120
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 52 (-15% speed, -10% evasion)
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
DC: 5/5

Moves (40/???):

Word Hammer (*)
Flare Blitz (*)
Bullet Seed (*)
Sweet Scent (*)
Absorb (*)
Growth (*)
Ember (*)
Leech Seed (*)
Flame Wheel (*)
Giga Drain (*)
Fire Spin (*)
Synthesis
Lava Plume

Aromatherapy
Blaze Kick (*)
Counter (*)
Earth Power (*)
Revenge (*)
Sand Tomb
Seed Bomb (*)

Iron Tail (*)
Low Kick (*)

Roar (*)
Sunny Day (*)
Hyper Beam (*)
Light Screen (*)
Protect (*)
Solar Beam (*)
Earthquake (*)
Double Team (*)
Fire Blast (*)
Rock Tomb (*)
Will-O-Wisp (*)
Endure (*)
Giga Impact (*)
Rest (*)
Rock Slide (*)
Dragon Tail (*)
Grass Knot (*)
Flash Cannon (*)
In the blue corner we have Watee Gym Leader S0L1D G0LD and his extremely hard to type name! Gold earned his spot in the semis after an extremely hard-fought and expertly reffed battle against Birkal where he fought back from a Round 1 ORKO to earn the win. He too decided to make this easy on the ref, copying and pasting his team from the previous match. Speaking of, I'd say he has a slight advantage team-wise (but what do I know). Since we already covered Mawile which is a bitch to battle against and I hate it with a passion, let's give some love to Kaliso the Pyroak instead. Ond of Gold's MVPs from the quarterfinals, Pyroak matches up extremely well with anything TSRD can throw at it, notably the über-heavy Colossoil, and it could pave the way for the alien menace, Deoxys. Anyways, too much flavor. Moving on!​

All that's left is for us to do is to settle into our seats, wish the battlers the best of luck, and flip a coin. Let's get this show on the road!
TSRD: Heads | S0L1D G0LD: Tails

(It's heads!)

How stuff will happen:
TSRD sends out Pokémon with item
S0L1D G0LD sends out Pokémon with item and orders
TSRD orders
YAS referees a little better this time, but you might still want to double check.​

Sorry to disappoint but I think now is the time for me to bow out (YAS just reminded me in the intro how close to the end we are). I've already mentioned this to IAR (though I never did get a reply) but I don't actually want to win any of the prizes offered in this tourney. I entered back when I was first starting ASB (my first Llama match was my fourth real match) and I didn't really know what I wanted at the time. I'm now at a position where I do know and I know if I did win anything I'd just delete it from my profile as I have no desire to own any of it.

S0L1D G0LD you're welcome to the win right now if you like. If you want to play the match anyway just for fun I'll do that. Let me know.
Or if Its_A_Random wants to let Maxim take this spot or some other method outside just letting Gold have the win that's fine with me too.

Just to be clear I am not asking for a prize change or anything like that.
The only reason I brought prizes up was to give a reason why I'm stopping now in case anyone wanted to know.

I asked if I could donate my prize and did not get a response so I assumed it wasn't being allowed.

That said I'm more than willing to play you at any time, feel free to put up a challenge in the battle tower and I'll accept it.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Imo donate has a much different connotation than deferring or not accepting it. We're I running the tournament I wouldn't want to allow you control of who would receive your prize.

Wrt the latter I have issues taking tower matches seriously, I have a hard enough time finding the effort for my serious matches already.

I certainly agree that donating (not that I even had any idea who I would give it to, so it's not like it was a great idea to begin with) is not the same as deferring.

I'm not seeing any point in deferring however.
If 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (however you would choose a 4th) are effectively the same as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd anyway then why would I want to play it out?
It's a just great deal more frustration (2/3 day DQ...) and pressure for no pay off (besides pride I suppose). May as well let 1st, 2nd, and 3rd get decided normally.

As I already said, I'm sorry to disappoint.
I was still a newbie when I sighned up and if I knew back then what I know now, I wouldn't have joined this tournament.
Just like I didn't join DYAE and I don't plan on joining the Official Tournament #3.

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is very lovely, but the next time you join a tourney and leave at the final stages claiming to not want to win anyway, I will ban you from tourneys alltogether and possibly warn you. You are taking the spot of someone who gives a damn on a stage where a substitution just doesn't give the same end-result (or isn't as fair). That pisses me off to no end.

This is valid to other people btw. If you have doubts if you want the prize or not and none of the prizes please you, either play for fun and decline on the prize (very possible) or don't join. If you get to the elimination parts of the tournament (mainly the last couple of rounds) and then leave, you don't imagine how pissed I will be at you.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I am just going to close this thread for now pending a decision to make though I do not really get why you cannot just keep the prize in a trophy cabinet or something as a memento. TSRD if you want to continue participating in this tournament, let me know in VM or PM in the next 24 hours or I am simply assuming a withdrawal. If a withdrawal happens TSRD will probably have something happen to him and the most likely outcome wrt this tournament is that the user he beat last round, Maxim will replace him (If you want to participate let me know by VM or PM) and a new match will be started. If Maxim does not want to then I am more likely to just declare S0L1D G0LD the winner though idk.

But yeah this is being closed for now.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last word I wanted to make mention of, you should never be joining a tournament with the sole goal of obtaining the final prize. The primary motivation of a tournament should be to compete against the best players in the game and to prove your superiority. Prizes can be a goal, but a secondary one.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
24 Hours have been and gone and I have had no response from TSRD so he is being withdrawn from the tournament and may face penalties at the discretion of ASB Tournament Director Frosty. Whatever he does he will announce when he gets there.

Maxim has expressed interest of participating in the tournament as evidenced on my profile and will be taking his place. You and S0L1D G0LD should send your teams to YellowAdminSilver (who is still interested in refereeing) within the next 72 hours.

I should end this by saying that if you are not committed to completing a tournament, you are better off not signing up at all, especially if the withdrawal is passed the "Point of no return" which is the finals series of this tournament, especially if you do not have a really good reason for doing so. Otherwise you are wasting my time, your opponent's time, the referee's time, Frosty's time, your own time, and the time of so many others by taking the place of someone who was willing to see the tournament out.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)